Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

Logan was shocked when he saw Erick getting beat up. He looked at the other two authority figures; hoping one of them would stop their colleague. Even after it turned out to be some test Logan was still shocked and confused. It took him a moment to fully understand what had happened. That Doc is nuts! He could’ve demonstrated his new toy by using something else then beating one of us up.

He had some questions, but wasn’t really sure if he wanted to know the answer. He had heard some strange rumors about the army. He didn’t believe most of them, considering it was his aunt who told him that, but after seeing Dr. Nutcase he started having doubts about the man’s sanity.

Logan heard Clint asking a question and followed with his own. “Why are only the few of us selected? And why are you putting experienced soldiers like Nathan in the same group as civilians? That doesn’t make sense.” Logan paused. He had one more question, but that one sounded crazy. He decided to formulate it in a way he didn’t sound like his gossip loving aunt. “I heard rumors that the military is doing some strange experiments with the virus to create humanoid weapons. Are we just guinea pigs?” He said while staring at Ray with a suspicious look.

Great job Logan, you were supposed to not use the words ‘humanoid weapons’. Now I’m gonna be the weird guy in the group.

Edited by Chimchain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sid takes a gulp with a look of disbelief while his thought process wonders off. *so much for the righteous life...is this guy for real? are they gunning for me? why am i still here and thrown out into the slammers or worst...killed on the spot? is this some sort of a loyalty or initiation test?* In Sid's mind he has so many questions but he decided to be quiet and keep him for himself and best not to raise any suspicion and keep a low profile. (glance at Dr.Ray) damn he's no different from the thugs ive met

Sid quickly turn adjusted his cap, keeping head down while listening to the other cadets about their back and forth discussion.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Lars stared at Dr. Ray, a rare expression taking hold over his face. It was seriousness. He had to admit, he was more than a little surprised by the technology they had developed and their methods of demonstrating it, but there were important questions he wanted answered, and this was his chance to ask them.

"Why are we here?" he asked. "What are 'the elite soldiers of tomorrow?'" Then all at once, his seriousness vanished as his stomache growled.

"And why did we have to skip dinner?"

Jory's stomach grumbled, as if agreeing with Lars's about the whole 'skipping dinner' deal. "Well, since Lars got the other two out of the way, I suppose I'll ask the remaining question. Where are we?"

Ray acted as if he didn't hear Clint's question, But couldn't help but listen to Logan's

"You have been selected because of certain... Traits all of you possess. Traits, that are somewhat rare. Traits that make you just what we need. However, no one ever said you all were the only group assembled here..."

Having cryptically answering the first part of logans question, he moved on to the next

"Grey has been put into the group because he to had certain... traits, that had been demonstrated numerous times in the past. Plus he's here to give the group some variety. As for those rumors. They're only half true. We aren't working with the Virus itself, persay, but rather the results of the virus's infection, and no, none of you are going to become guinea pigs in some genetic experiment."

He next turned to answer Lar's question

"You're here to become handlers. as for the warriors part, you'll find that out in due time. And nothing motivates a person more than hunger"

:3

He turned in delight when jory asked the question he'd been wanting to hear

"Ah yes, You my friends, are in The research center and command quarters, housed within the walls of the Fortress named Bexly. in other words, this is the Bexly base, situated right in the Livoreis Forest, located right beside the rockies about seventy miles south of the Canadian border. Technically speaking, we are not in any state of the U.S. as the area around Bexly is like that of Washington District of columbia: it is independent of any state in the union. We are our own state, in other words."

He clapped his together after answering the final Question. The back wall was replaced by a large black screen, a presentation begins to play on it.

"No more questions, let us begin."

The Presentation shows a picture of various infected Creatures that has been transformed by the Morpher Virus.

realistic_pokemon_sketches__grass_starte

"Do you all now what happens to ninety percent of all animal species infected with the Virus?"

It was Oak who answered

"I'll save you the trouble, They die, go completely extinct in the area of infection. It's already happened Here. Of the original species that once inhabited the continent of america, none survived."

Ray picked up on Oak's point.

"That's right, my friends, none of em are left around. all of em are dead and have been eaten by the new speices, alot of which are pretty alien in terms of what's been seen before in the Biosphere of Earth. Take these ones here,

*He takes out a laser pointer a directs it at the turtle like creature on the bottom left of the picture.*

"This is a turtle crossed with a... well, a tree. From what we know, it is capable of both photosynthesizing and physical ingestion of food. For simplicity sake, we call it a... Turtwig."

Another slide appears on the presentation, this picturing a Large, red, turtoise like creature with a black shell exhaling hot flames as a soldier runs away in terror, his Fatigues catching fire at the right shoulder.

"some of these creatures... no, scrath that, all of them, have certain abilities that, well that defy all reason. Like this one right here."

*He uses the laser pointer to draw a circle around the tortoise like monster.*

"This guy, we call them "Torkoals" as in the words tortoise and coal combined. They have to ability to breath fire at will. some of my latest research has actually found some of them eating... Coal, right out of the mountain sides."

Ray put the laser pointer down for a moment and addressed the group.

"Now, has anyone here had an experience with a transformed organism that they're willing to share? Go on, don't be shy."

The creatures fascinated Keaton. That's strike one. He should not be fond of these killer monsters. However, his family was against them. Unbeknownst to him, they harbored some sort of grudge. When the scientist asked for stories, Keaton figured it would be his time to pop in.
"Um. I have a short story," Keaton said, rather quickly. Without asking for permission to speak further, he allowed himself to do so. "My grandfather was killed by one. It was some sort of pinkish flying scorpion. They say it was about three and a half feet tall and injected poison into him."

Ray looked over at Adam, Genuine sympathy in his eyes

"I'm sorry for your loss"

Ray pulls up a picture on the slide, It seems to match Keatons description exactly.

"It truly is strange how the M.V. seems to have made these new creatures by simply fusing together the basic genes of two diferent species, then doing some type of altering to change the creatures even further,"

Ray pulled up another image, one of a cow, a Bull, and another of a creature that strongly resembled a bull, except it had three tails instead of one.

"for example, a cow and bull are able to mate and produce offspring that are fertile, yes?"

He pulled up another picture that replaced the two of the Bull and Cow, the new creature resembled a cow."

"Well, a cow and a... we call the creature on the left a tauros. they are not able to. In fact, the two seemed to have no interest in each other. However, a milktank, the creature on the Right, is able to mate with a Tauros, and both animals show some interest in the other."

Another picture appears in the middle of the two, it is a speckled brown egg.

"Now, here is the prospect that made me bang my head against a wall for several months. These creatures, though there genetically based off of mammalian creatures, they produce... Eggs. Not live born offspring."

Ray put his hand to one his temples, obviously stressing over something

"And thats not the craziest issue. You ever see a puppy when it's just a few weeks old, then watch as it grows into a full grown dog in the span of couple of years? well these creatures... Apparently God didn't give them the memo about how things were supposed to go in nature."

A video begins playing from the picture of the egg, it glows a bright, hot white light, then standing where the egg was moments ago is a tauros.

"Yeah. they kinda do this... for lack of a better term, let's call it evolution. they change between child and adult forms when the time comes with the same process you just saw with the egg. It glows white, then changes to adult form."

Oak picked up

"I have thoerized that this is directly related to the Hiroshima incident. I'm sure you all know of it, you should've been taught of it in modern history class in high school. reports of witnesses say that the center at hiroshima erupted in a ball of white light, then expanded until it collapsed on itself, bathing the area in an energy equivalent to ninety A-Bombs being dropped, and flattening the city and everything for a mile around. but more on that later..."

Ray called up the image matching Adam's discription again.

"anyway, back on topic,Those thing you descried, are what's called 'Gligar' there a cross between... Well, scorpions and... Bats, we believe. Though this is the first I've heard of them acting in aggression towards a person, tell me, did your grandfather do anything to it before it attacked...?"

"Did your grandfather do anything to it before it attacked...?" Ray asked. Of course a scientist would ask that. However, it is not up to Keaton to decide how the man thought. "I believe my grandfather was hunting." He looked down, thinking about it. He heard very few details about the event.
"I'm unsure if he directly did anything to it. But it attacked him before he managed to kill it. He died hours later."

Lars struggled unsuccessfully to keep the broad grin off his face when Dr. Ray showed the pictures. He was suddenly glad he had decided to sign up for this. "How have I never seen these before?!" he bursted excitedly. "I mean sure, I did live in the middle of a forest away from people, but still! You'd think they'd have populated the area by now. I spent a lot of time in those woods..." He turned to Dr. Ray, the grin still on his face. "So these are real? You're not lying, right? And we get to train them?!"

He stopped and stared at the screen for a while, taking in the different creatures they were showing.

"So... which one do I get?" he asked, nearly shaking with anticipation. Realizing where he was, he straightened before adding, "Um... sir."

Sid tries to hold it in and not to get involved in the discussion but was fascinated about the turn of events he was hearing all around

so the word on the street are true, some gang members went there and was never heard again since.some say they're buried somewhere in coins..how ironic, but they're fools not knowing what they're up against.

Sid speaks out of curiosity ask while adjusting his cap and a smirk look on his face .

"Ok gramps...Well i have a bunch of questions i have to ask.. well I've heard there's a cat like creature that can grant you riches beyond your wildest dream, just out curiosity to verify those rumors I've heard... is it real?! and if so why are you giving us these high class information what's the catch?

"Hm..."

*Ray intently writes down Keaton's statement*

"Well, again, I'm very sorry."

Ray could hardly make out anything of Lars's outbreak, but he tried anyway to answer

"Yes, they're very real."

*A Click is heard and a burst of light comes from something in Rays hand. Standing before you all is a fearsome creature.*

tumblr_mfhbg6OLOw1qff956o1_1280.jpg

*Another burst of light, and the Beast vanishes again, Ray puts an unseen object in a pocket on his Lab Coat*

Erick Looked over at Surge, who had a tense look on his face

"You Okay Surge? ya look like you've seen a ghost or something."

"J-Just Shut up and listen, kid."

Ray continued on, completely ignoring the side conversation.

"And Lar's, what you get... Well, you'll find that out Tomorrow."

Ray heard Sid's question, Wincing a little at being called 'Gramps'.

"Yes, we've heard of one matching that description. it is real. But we've yet to capture one to study. We're giving you this Info because it's on a strictly need to know bases, and all of you need to know. The catch is, you tell anyone who hasn't been aproved about any of this, and there's a certain Five Star U.S. General who will hunt you down and throw you in Guantanamo... If He doesn't feel kind enough to just have you face charges for High Treason; The latter is the better fate, trust me, I've seen Guantanamo... It ain't pretty. "

Ray Clapped his hands and the presentation ended, the back wall returning to it's original state.

"well, if you hadn't guessed it already, you all are going to be testing these creatures loyalty and combat abilities. I'll leave you to absorb all of this, Oak, myself and Surge have some things to go over, shouldn't take more than a few minutes."

*Surge and Oak head out of the Double Doors of the Conference room. Ray follows them, Reaching for something hidden by his coat as he leaves the room and shuts the doors.*

Erick stared at the rest of the group

"well, that was... Interesting..."

Edited by Legendaries tamer

Jory's jaw had dropped back down when Ray released the creature from its... ball? Why a ball...? Jory thought to himself, then quickly focused back on the topic at hand. He looked around at the other recruits' faces, then turned to Erick, surprise still evident on Jory's face. "You could say that a thousand times and it would still be the understatement of ever. We're going to become cryptid trainers!"

((Cryptid- a creature believed by most to be extinct or non-existant))

While Dr. Ray was giving his speech, Clint was still writhing over being ignored, when he asked his question "Well is dis man just gonna go ahead and answer everyone else but me," He felt a bit insignificant and insecure, feeling he hadn't felt for a long time.

In fact, these feeling were eating him up so much that he had completely stopped listening to Dr. Ray, and had started contemplating walking out, that was until Dr. Ray decided to summon his beast. When he saw the gigantic creature emerge from a ball of light, his insecurity completely stopped, in fact just about every thought he could muster was completely stopped. Clint for the first time in his life was in utter shock, he couldn't come up with a smart quip if he wanted to. Then he heard Dr. Ray say it, he would be getting one of his tomorrow.

Fear and excitement couldn't help but fill Clint up, he of course was excited and the possibility of having his own giant tiger-lion thing, but at the same time, how was he supposed to stop it from eating him. Questions were racing through his head, and instead of thinking about it, Clint did as he always did, he jumped in the conversation.

"So, do ya think we're all gonna be gettin' one of dem? Or like some other one, cause I'm pretty sure most of the ones they been playin' on the 6 o'clock news, ya know the ones they got in China or Japan or wherever, well they ain't that bad ass, damn I sure hope I get one of dem."

The group, after being scared shitless by the creature, seemed to buzz with excitement. Keaton was no exception.
"So, do ya think we're all gonna be gettin' one of dem?" someone asked. His name was Clint, wasn't it? Dr. Ray never did answer his question.
"Honestly, I hope not. I don't want a killer beast in my hand. Or at least close to my hands. If under my control, that's a different story."

Nathan raised his hand. "Now that I think of it, I think I ran across one of those things a while ago while flying a mission. A freak thunderstorm almost took me and my wingman out; I dropped a few hundred feet before my controls came back to life. I could have sworn I saw a massive bird flying in the clouds after I was hit." He looked around, listening to the conversation that was occurring around him. "So what, you want us to train animals or some crap? Do I look like an animal handler to you? I thought we left that behind in World War I."

Logan stared at the place where the tiger-lion-dog-thing had disappeared. We’re getting one of those? And we have to train it? He wasn’t really sure how he felt about it. A part of him was excited, but he also agreed with Keaton. He didn’t feel like being used as a chew toy by some overgrown tiger-dog.
“Are we sure the Doc didn’t use his new toy again?” Logan asked. He still didn’t trust Dr. Ray after what he pulled earlier. “If he didn’t, I guess we all get different ones. I wonder what I’ll get.”

Sid joins in the ruckus "yeah yeah we're all impressed.. real or not, gotta agree with air guy over here..a giant bird whoop ti doo, a flying scorpion that can kill by ejecting poison.. we have that in the real world only smaller and now this intimidating beast, Is this some kind of a joke? whats so unique about these mutated freaks? other than being freaks of nature.. i say they're all bark and no bite...how are they gonna cover us when our butts are on the line? better stick to firepower or something"

Clint looked back at Sid, he didn't want to talk to him, he knew his type, he'd been around them his whole life, yet just as Erick had given him a chance, he knew he would have to as well.

"Man, have ya seen those things in action?" Clint said shifting up in his chair a bit, "One day I got the call from my ex she was yellin' for me to come home, somethin' had happened next door, I got home and the neighbor's girl explained it to me, apparently his rotweiler was shootin' fire out all over the damn place, so I grabbed my gun and ran next door.." Clint looked down, "When I got over there, it wasn't just a dog in that house it was somethin' else, it was one of them, I shot it before it had the chance to see me, but the damn thing didn' go down, shot after shot, roun' after roun' the thing just took the bullets, after a while I placed a bullet in it's head and it stopped breathin'." Clint shuttered, remembering the incident then continued, "Whateva these things are, man I just know that we want 'em on our side."

Sid notice somewhere out of the this discussion, Clint told the story and his response to the situation

Sid toned down his arrogant voice replied adjusting his cap down "Well i'm sorry for your lost...but your barking at the wrong tree, i'm not that much of the sympathetic kind.. that's the best i can do bob, As for the topic... they sound really tough and can survive bullet shots, how are we gonna train them without resolving putting bullets in their heads before they put the jump on us?"

Erick Replied to Sid's very good question.

"Well, I assume that they won't be giving us anything actually capable of lethal force. He did say this was just a test, after all."

Immediately his inner Critic scolded him.

Really, You really think that any of these things aren't lethal in at least some way? For the love of God! there are freaking Tortoises that breath fire now! Not to mention-

Erick struck back with his own remark, and filled it with plenty of venom.

Shut up, you worthless Free-loader. You don't question what I say, You don't critique what I do, And I'm sure as hell not gonna allow you to even start Criticizing my thoughts now!! You are F****** Nothing! Do you hear me?! Nothing, but a couple of synapsis in my brain that decided to go rogue one day!

That ended the conversation in the young man's mind. Just then, the doors to the conference room opened again, Surge stepped through, alone.

"We're done for the night. It's back to the barracks now. Try and get some sleep, I wont have any pity on you if you all miss breakfast because you slept in."

*A middle-aged women in an officers uniform walks into the room, She fixes her icy gaze on Enyo.*

"Greyjoy, You are to follow me to your official barracks assignment."

*Enyo and the Female Officer leave the room. Surge walks to the door soon after, then stops just in the hallway.*

"Well, what the hell are you waiting for?! What, are you all gonna sleep in here? I'm afraid that would be a major violation of security, Now follow, Magots!"

*You all do as ordered, and follow Surge back to the barracks. He briefs you all about the auto locking door system, and that each barrack is equip with it's own three stall restroom. He leaves, and soon it is time for lights out.*

----

Surge stalked back to the officers bunk after seeing the new cadets off for the night. He stood on the brightly lit porch and pulled his Data card out of his Pants pocket, sliding the card into the slot just beside the door's handle. A chime sounded, signifying that he was cleared and authorized to enter. He pushed the door open and slugged over to his personal office/ sleeping quarters, slamming the door shut as he walked over and sat behind his desk, firing up the Computer terminal embedded in it by swiping his palm over the surface of the seamless hard wood top. The panel slid back to reveal the screen and keyboard, the entire top of the desk raising by a fifty degree angle to better situate the computer. He inserted his Data Card into the designated slot and watched as all of the Personnel reports blazed across the screen as they downloaded to the computer's secure server, thinking to himself as the process ensued.

Is there something I'm missing here?

He thought back to his Ray's conversation outside the Conference room.

"I didn't give you the worst selected, Sergeant, Quite the contrary, I gave you what were predicted to be the most likely successful candidates."

The most likely to succeed? How to hell can that be true? For Christ sake, I've got a kid who used to work in his mother's floral arrangement shop, A street bum, A former Street-thug, A glorified Tree-huger, And a procrastinating Genius as some of the members of my Squad!

It was just then that he thought of something that might explain this.

"Show me the National Education Evaluation Agency Test Scores of everyone in my squad. And I also want to see the Palm Test Results from the Recruitment."

The screen returned a few minutes later with a complete list of evaluation data on everyone on the Squadron. Not much really caught the eye in the N.E.E.A. Scores, but Surge saw some of the Palm Test Reports, then broke into a smirk.

"You sly bastard." Surge Chuckled as the Terminal brought up the Lights out notification and shut off, leaving him chuckling in the darkness.

----

*The night Passes by. The sound of a bugle is heard in the distance from you'all's barracks, signifying Wake-up time. It is early morning.*

Erick checked his watch after coming back to his bunk from the Restroom.

06:02 Hours

Later than I thought they'd have it here. He thought to himself as the others slowly got up. Twenty minutes later, Surge was at the Door, unlocking it with his Palm scan and opening it.

"Mornin, Follow me to the real mess hall for breakfast."

Something seemed different about his demeanor today, Erick could tell that whatever issue he had yesterday was gone, but as to what exactly that issue had been was anyone's guess.

*After going to get Enyo, surge leads you all to a large, Alabaster building with an elaborately Angled roof across the compound, where you Are served a glorious breakfast of Sausage, Eggs, Pancakes, Bacon, Apples, Oranges, And buttered toast. It's a mystery as to how the meat products were supplied, (what with all the cattle, chicken, and Pig Populations made completely extinct by the virus) But it all taste so good that you all decide some questions are better left unanswered. After breakfast, Surge leads you to the MWB, walking up to the main security desk and then over to an elevator behind it, with everyone following. The Elevator shoots upward, coming to a sudden stop a few minutes later, You all exit into a large Atrium space, lush with trees and flora and with several fountains. Standing there waiting is Dr.Ray, Professor Oak, and three other men. One wears the uniform of an extremely high-ranking Military official, maybe a General? the other two are dressed in standard military fatigues, of them wears the emblem patch of the rank of sergeant on his arm. a large table ladened with various spherical objects sits in the center of the Atrium space.*

"well glad to see that we're all here."

Ray stepped from behind the table carrying a tray filled with several of the strange ball-looking objects, walking over to you as Oak following close behind.

they stepped up to Erick, Oak handing him two of the spheres.

"This," Ray pointed to the sphere in Ericks left hand. "this Is the Stasis containment unit for the specimen named 'Piplup'."

He pointed to the other one. "This one contains the specimen 'ralts'"

Erick gazed down at the two orbs.

"How do we tell between one and the other? I mean, they look exactly alike."

Ray took the question in stride.

"good question. thought on the surface the two balls look alike, no two of them are identical. Each one has it's own unique contour, nicks, dings, and feel. Eventually, You'll be able to tell by the fell of the ball. But for now..."

Oak took out a sharpie and marked the balls with the names of the respective creatures.

"That should help you get there."

*the two moved on to everyone else, telling them the names of their partners, and marking the balls with sharpies, then returned to the table once they finished.*

"Well, I beleive it is time for a Demonstration as to what you will be doing."

It was the high-ranked man who spoke. Ray picked up on his point

"Excellent Idea, General McCarthy. Staff Sergeant Surge, if you wouldn't mind?"

Surge stepped forward, then pointed over at Erick.

"You, Freeman, you'll be the opposing side of the fight."

"Um, okay sir..."

Erick took an uneasy step forward. Surge Took out a ball from his belt, then clicked the small button in the middle of the device. An eruption of light issued forth as the ball split and opened on a set of hinges. Standing before Surge was a creature that appeared to be a small bird.

tumblr_m8g0qoytC31rdpfseo1_500.png

"Anti-Air, let's show these maggots their jobs!"

Erick fumbled with the ball in his left hand, tucking the other one under his arm. He dropped both twice, then took a deep breath, calming himself. The critic was back, but ironically, it was speaking encouragement this time.

You can do this. We can do this. This is nothing, you hear me? this bird-hawk-thingie, is nothing compared to what you faced that day.

Erick verbally shouted his response as he sent out both creatures from their balls, A child-like creature with a green head and a red horn, along with a small penguin like creature appeared in a burst of light.

ralts_by_goosechimera-d3f3tk2.pngRealistic_Piplup_Colored_by_drgknot.jpg

"Yes, yes, we can do this!!"

(Theme of determination)

"Wait, what... Damn it, boy! that's not fighting fair!" Surge had a look of true irritation in his eyes.

The look faded to amusement before long however. He even chuckled a little.

"Well, guess your old man taught you how to fight dirty. Good, that'll keep you alive behind enemy lines. Plus I won't have to waste time teaching you!"

Surge pointed at the hawk, yelling his commands with so much authority that you could cut it with a knife.

"Use that speed attack that we worked so hard on!!! Aim for the Kid's Ralts!"

The Pidgeotto began flying through the air with astounding speed, becoming invisible for a moment before reappearing in front of the small white creature. Erick stood there, befuddled, wondering how to do this. Just as the attack was about to land, Something inside the young man's mind just clicked, and the voice that formerly belonged to his Self-Critic launched out a command with just as much authority as Surge had. Execpt this time, Erick didn't hear it in his head alone. He heard it as his own voice issued the attack.

"Use a telekinetic Attack, slam that thing to the earth!!"

He turned to the tiny penguin creature, his voice again being guided by his former critic.

"And you, Hit that thing while it's down!"

The Ralts eye's glowed a deep scarlet as it loosed it's attack, engulfing the Hawk creature in a similar red glow before tossing it away twenty feet, where it hit the ground. Piplup rushed forward, stabbing the larger bird with it's sharp beak, But neither attack did much damage, as the Pidgeotto got up several seconds later, fury in it's eye's.

"Anti-Air, don't you take that crap from them! Hit em like there's no tomorrow!!"

The larger bird began to rain blows with it's beak upon piplup, each more drawing more and more blood.

Erick's inner critic issued another command, Erick felt a bit helpless as his rogue mind continued to usurp the use of his mouth.

"Piplup, Don't you die on me!! Show that damn hawk what's what with a bide!!"

The small penguin's body glowed with an eerie white light as it absorb the blows landing upon it, growing brighter with each one. the Foe pidgeotto was going in for what seemed to be a kill-strike.

"Unleash it, Right into the face!!!"

Piplups body erupted in white light as an explosion rocked the Atrium, the shock wave of which knocking both of the men battling to the earth.

As the smoke cleared, the tiny penguin could be seen laying on it's side, blood heavily matting it's fur. Across the field however, the hawk creature was in far worse shape. it's entire bidy wracked with bruises and wounds, blood squirted from an open wound on the beast neck.

Surge rushed forward, putting pressure on the wound, Erick doing the same for piplups many lacerations and cuts.

Ray rushed forward, Giving each of them a look of contempt.

"Absolutely. Unacceptable."

He turned his blossoming wrath on Surge

"This was to be a simple demonstration, not a Blood-battle, you F****** moron!!! Get your ass out of my Atrium, before I have salem throw you out!!!!"

Surge looked up at Ray with hate in his eyes. He reached for a pocket on the front of his fatigues. Ray had took his gun out the holster behind his lab coat and had it pressed to surge's temple.

"Reach for that Knife you keep in your pocket again, And i'll blow out your brains out."

General McCarthy was upon them in an instant, tackling Ray to the ground, tossing the gun away, at the same time kicking out with his feet, sending surge to his back. Ray struggled on the ground a little, then yeilded. the General got up as did the other two, both of whom were breathing hard. He fixed Surge with his gaze. He leaned in and whispered in his ear.

"You ever attempt to draw a weapon on anyone in the employ of the U.S. military again, and I will strip you of all rank, and throw you into Guantanamo. unless you are ordered specifically by me, you hear? Not a superior, not a higher-ranking C.O., Not by the Secetary of Defense, And not even by the God-Damn U.S. President! Me!! ME ONLY!! You understand?"

Surge nodded, a look of submission on his face. The General turned his attention to Ray.

"And you, Civie. You ever pull out that gun for any reason but to put down a rabid creature, And I'll put a bullet in both your legs, and throw you into Guantanamo. Don't think your vital here. Oak taught you everything you know. He could easily conduct this project by himself if necessary."

Ray nodded, the same look of utter submisiion in his eyes.

"tucker, Samson, Get these two G.A.O. to the med center, pronto!!"

the two soldiers in fatigues rushed forward, collecting the two injured creatures, then getting in the Elevator and heading down.

"Oak, take over here, I think I need to have a further discussion about this with Surge and Ray."

The general headed to an Elevator on the other side of the atrium, trailed by Surge and Ray, The three stepped inside, and the General continued his scolding as the doors closed. Very loudly.

Erick sank to the ground, the small white creature running up to him, waiting expectantly. Erick looked at his hands, thinking deeply.

how did you do that? What are you? How did you take over my voice?! Answer me damn it!!

The voice in his head remained silence, leaving Erick's demand unanswered.

The ralts walked closer to him, wrapping it's tinny arms around him as for as they would go, giving him a Hug, apparently able to sense that he needed it.

Oak turned his attention to the group

"well, I had hoped it would be less... disastrous. but anyway, that, my friends, is the demo of your jobs. I'm willing to take one or two questions while we're here. I'm sure you have alot after... That."

Jory just stood there speechless for a moment before gathering his thoughts. That... What...? He trembled lightly as he realized just how gritty this job was going to be. "Professor... What just happened? Why did one of them explode?" He looked down at the capsules he was holding. "Ponyta and Nidoran Female?" Huh... I wonder why they didn't list Ponyta's gender...

Edited by Jory

Lars' mouth was gaping.

"I-It used... telekinesis!" He paused for a moment, still focused on the now-empty battlefield. "Wow!"

He looked down at the two sphere's in his hand.

"Nidoran...Male?" he said, puzzled. "What's the difference?" He looked at his other one. "Abra... How come this one doesn't have a gender listed...?"

He looked at Oak, a puzzled expression on his face.

Nathan gazed down at the two spheres in his hands with a bemused expression. "Charmander. . . and Bagon?" I don't get why I'm here. You would think this sort of thing would be the last task they would trust me with. Insubordination is pretty serious. . . focus. I do see why they want these things weaponized, though I wonder how they figure they'd stand up to modern weaponry. A finely tuned machine is a lot more reliable than a trained war animal, no matter how . . . magical. . . said animal happens to be. He stowed the two objects in one of his myriad pockets before asking a question. "So what is it, exactly, you want me to do? This isn't exactly what my training was for."

After the fight, Clint looked down at his two spheres he had just been given "Tyrogue and Onyx, man I wonder what this means. I think I heard him say that Erick's guys were Piplup and Ralts, though those two didn't seem nearly as cool as that damn bengal tiger dude we saw last night." He heard Nathan ask something along the lines of his own questions last night but decided to ignore them. Clint was just too curious about what his monsters looked like, the curiousity had eaten at him during the entirety of Erick and Surge's fight, and eventually he couldn't contain his own curiosity any longer, he decided to go for it. Clint threw both his balls on the ground, first summoning the tiny figher Tyrogue, then the mighty rock snake Onyx. After summoning Onyx Clint's face couldn't have looked more excited, the giant monster's head scraped up on the ceiling, it's tail ripped through the floor beneath it, it was surely a dominating pressence, one which couldn't be over-looked.

095_onix_by_bonny_john_by_bonnyjohn-d77t

"AWW HELL YEAH!" Clint cheered out, this was the monster he had been waiting for, then his eye's meant Tyrogue's, the little spiky-headed skinny little monster. "Well, at least the Onyx is cool, but you gonna need a work out little man," He said with an air of dissapointment.

tumblr_inline_mw6psk1h8H1r59zmo.jpg

Edited by Supernovae

Sid was stunned of what just happen, he was speechless and thinking...

Well screw the Sid from last night, they made a believer out of me! they're not hostile as the other's say, well not under the military anyways. even if they're small they sure pack a wallop. even the higher officers are getting some of the action..hehe and boy scout over there handle it quite fairly.*glance at Erick*

*As Sid looks at Clint as he let out his creatures on the field*

at least someones happy out of this incident.

Sid put the other ball named "Horsea" inside his pocket then quickly turns his attention to Oak while playing with the remaining ball up and down

"Hey lab guy, so like what's the objective here other than beating each others mutated pets senselessly? is there really a goal here? "