Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

Jory sighed at Nathan's response, then smiled and chuckled lightly as the man fell asleep. "Guess a cat nap couldn't hurt anyone," he said to himself softly as he lay down on his bunk and closed his eyes.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*meanwhile, in Dr.Rays office*

Surge kicked down the door to the small room, flanked by the two soldiers in black.

"You got some splainin to do, Ray,"

Ray didn't answer, he didn't even look up from the papers on his desk. he simply snaped his fingers twice. a bright burst of light flashed from somewhere in the room.

Standing in front of Surge was a creature that looked as if a Bengal tiger, a Timber wolf, And Lion had been combined

_arcanine__by_arvalis-d5oz5iy.jpg

Surge was not phased however. He stepped forward and reached for a device on his belt.

Dr.Ray looked up.

"Salem, get him out of my office. Now, and non-leathily."

The creature, Salem, as it was apperently nick- named, understood what Ray said perfectly, then Reared back and let a fearsome roar that would make a Tyrannous sauros Rex cower in a corner. The sight of the creature rearing back hit Surge before the sound actually did.

He blacked out. for how long, he didn't know and woke up in the hallway outside the office, the two soldiers in black beneath him.

he woke to see the door of the office slam shut as another flash filled the room and the creature vanished. His ears were ringing, but his acoustic implants would ensure that his eardrums would remain intact. It'd be a shame for a soldier to die in battle because he was deafened by the sound of his own weapon, after all.

Surge got up, took out a small peice of paper, and wrote a message on it:

don't think this is other, you little poindexter, you've only delayed our talk till another day.

he taped it to Rays door, the other two had gotten back to their feet now, still a little dazed by the event.

"You two, get some sleep, Especially you Tucker, there's gonna be hell in the morning..."

the two saluted and went off down the corridor.

with that he walked off, looking at his watch

18:52 hours, Damn, how long was I out?

he walked out of the front gates of the Magnificent White Building

(//OOC I'm legit thinking about making this it's official name//)

and started walking across the compound to the barracks where he'd locked in his squad, though only one person inside would actually know the door was locked without having to try it.

*Back to the Barracks*

Clint looked back at Erick, content with his response.

"Nah, brotha can't say I've heard of ya pops," Clint responded trying to keep the conversation as light-hearted as possible. Clint never liked talking about people father's due to the complicated relationship he had with his own, so he tried to steer the subject a bit without re-creating any tension.

"Is he a country singer or somethin'? I know those cats are real big down here, and ya got the guitar with ya, yeah he must be a singer, no other reason you'd be singin' in an army compound right?" After the words left Clint's mouth he realized how ignorant he had just been.

"Damn it, I can't afford to fight this dude, he's way more clean cut than me they'll definately throw me out if I pull somethin' on the first day and I can't go back to the city, not with the way it is, I gotta make sure that ma' and the g-parents have money to take care of themselves, especially with all of the funky stuff that's goin' down now." Clint thought to himself, taking more drags off of the e-ciggarette, careful not to show any guilt. Clint had learnt a long time ago, that only the people that acted guilty of wrong doing, got caught, if you just pretended you were allowed to get away with whatever you wanted, then most people wouldn't bother making it an issue. At least Clint hoped that Erick was just as ignorant as the local police in his area, or at least wasn't offended by his comment enough to make a big deal about.

Erick was suprised. that was the first time anyone had ever made that guess.

Nah man, he wasn't a country singer, though, I can see how someone might come to that conclussion.

Erick glanced back at his guitar

"Im kinda a jack of all trades, sort to speak, been really versatile since i was a kid."

he walked over and patted the guitar.

"I got this from some guy I meet on the street a little over a year ago. He was suicidal or something, Lost his fiancee to the infection. I managed to talk him into getting some professional help. he did, and about a month later, I found this on my doorstep with a note attached. it said:

Yo man, thanks for taking five minutes to talk to me that day. If you, or anyone for that matter, hadn't of talked some sense into me, I would've been another Jon Doe rotting in the city morgue by now. I talked to a therapist and grief consular I'm gonna try and start over, somewhere new. this place... just has too many memories.

"I'm guessing he did just that, I never saw him after that, no matter where I tried to search. To be honest, I didn't want the damn thing as I knew nothing about making music back then, and just wanted to give it back to him. Eventually, I started playing around with it and figured it out."

Off topic, Thats not what he asked.

It was his self-critique kicking in. A part of his mind that decided to go renegade one day and become an Expert on just how much Erick screwed up from time to time. He forced down his own reprimand to himself and got back to the subject.

"Anyways, that's not what you asked, is it? sorry"

Don't say you're sorry, if you're sorry, than Get. Back. To. The. Question.

He pushed the nagging down again.

"My Father, U.S. Major Stan Freeman. He's basically the guy who figured out how to defend the cities against those...Things. He got really creative about it too, so creative that P.E.T.A. actually got pissed at him a few times, but then again, that doesnt mean much, seeing as how they were worthless and powerless fifty years ago, and even more so today."

Drifting, you're drifting again, dammit, it is not freaking rocket science, just answer the question, plain and simple!

That's it, he'd had with this nagging. he sent his own mental reply to it this time instead of ignoring it.

Shut the F*** up before I come in there, find whatever the hell inside my head is causing you, and have it cut by surgeons.

That did the trick. It stopped, and Erick didn't think it would come back for a while.

He finished what he was saying.

"You might of seen the patrol squads wherever you live, or, lived rather, seeing as how none of us are probably going to be leaving this compound for a long while, doing training exercises and scenario training. Everything they do, every method and tactic, they were all devised by my pops. a major reason that America hasn't fallen to the infection is because of his ideas in the urban battlefront. Then..."

He couldn't go into detail of the day it happened. when one of those monsters leaped onto his father as he tried to save him, tearing out his throat before two of them even hit the ground. he could still feel the crackling of the electricity in the air...

Stop, that's... enough, don't go there

the nagging again. but now Erick was fine with following it's advice.

He looked at his watch, thankfull for a way to end conversation without offending Clint in some way.

6:52 PM- 18:52 hours in military time. Surge would be back to fetch all of them soon.

"Let's... talk some more later. He'll be back for us all any minute now."

Erick walked over and sat on his bunk, forcing hard memories back into the recceses of his mind, where they belonged, unable to torment him. He put the guitar back in the bag then looked around at the others in the room, occupying himself by trieing to analyze everyone.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

Not so far across the room, Sid is lying flat on his back eavesdropping on the commotion around while shufflin a deck of cards, thinking "we'll they're not quite that's for sure" then his tummy started rumbling. Thinking again "we'll bummer, time for a quick grub maybe I can steal one of these clown's food inside their bag.hmm... Idiot! that would cause commotion, Well if i can't steal one i'll go with best next thing i'll make them cuff them up!" Without any hesitation Sid get up shouted loudly with a energetic voice "Oy. oy what's all the drama bob, we're all friends here right? well if not let me introduced myself the name Sid Maelstrom. not that it's important to you, now that's out of the way how about we pass the time by playing a little shell game? an icebreaker if you will.. like to gamble my friend? winner gets to takes my bunk space! just a small amount of food to initiate? how about it any takers? said Sid with a bad poker face.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Erick's attention was stolen by a random guy's sudden outburst.he analyzed the guy and toke note of him.

He wouldn't trust him even if he was being chased down a dark alley by neo-nazis and this guy threw open a window and offered him his hands to get inside to escape.

the man's eyes, however, gave away his intentions with the seemingly innocent offer to gamble.

This guy, now he might be scum... he's obviously out to con someone, but what could he want?

the answer came to him with the rumbling of his own stomach.

Food, Hell, I haven't had anything since morning. and this guy looks like he crawled right out of the slums of some dump somewhere...

the fact that his voice sounds like he's trying to sell something...

Erick took out a candy bar from his pocket. and was a little melted from the long ride.

"Hey, "bob", catch."

He tossed the bar to the random man.

"Your welcome, if you tried to con someone here, they'd have been pissed with you. And that, Friend, would come back to bite you in the ass on the Battlefield. Rule one of comradary: You can't fight if you don't have someone you trust to watch your back without being tempted to stab you in it."

Erick decided to go a step farther.

"You can't rig the games and get away with it, just so you know. not when someone can read your body language like a book, and your body language, my friend, tells the story of lies, deceit, and betrayal in your intentions."

Hypocrisy is the sport of dead men...

that was an interesting rebuke. most of the time his self critique was blunt and blatant

Shut up, He'll thank for stopping him one day. Or should I just have let things run their course? I did that once, and it cost me, a lot.

"Next time man, be upfront and just ask someone if they've got food they're willing to share."

He looked down at his watch again

18:54 hours

Clint listened thoroughly to every word Erick had to say while still puffing on his e-ciggarette, "Well, alright then this kid is the general's son, huh? Pretty good call on not clockin' him in the face!" Clint decided while listening to Erick's tale. Clint had seen some of the mutations first hand, one morning his ex-girlfriend called him up screaming and complaining that their neighbor's rotweiler had just transformed into some sort of fire-spewing demon. He came home to see it first hand, apparently that plague he'd heard about was true, Jerome's own loyal dog Bruiser had turned into a demon straight out of hell. Clint did the only thing he could think to do, he quietly snuck upstairs, grabbed the gun out of his drawer, walked next door and ended the pups life.

"And to think this kid's dad organized the entire defense of a city and is famous and all that, and they stuck us in the same group? What's up wit dat?" Clint couldn't help wondering.

After Erick was done his story and added the bit of awkwardness, Clint gave him an understanding nod, then placed his e-cig back in his bag and laid his head down for a nice nap. Not entirely realizing that the lieutenant would be back any minute and completely ignoring Sid's outcry.

As Clint closed his eyes and Erick began his rant against unfair gambling Clint had one last thought before nodding off, "That Erick kid's got some balls, but he ain't got no street smarts, everyone knows ya don't go firing against a no good connin' thief, ya just ignore them until they drop the shit and act like a cool customer." Despite this thought though Clint couldn't help but admire Erick, he fondly recalled doing the same type of thing in his youth, and while nothing really came out of his experience he couldn't help but hope Erick made the message clear to him.

Edited by Supernovae

Sid was shock then retained his cool and replied "you're not dumb as you look, not to mention what a party pooper, Well i can't help it as they say you can get a boy out of the city but you can't get the city out of the boy" as he took a quick glance further and saw Clint laying in his bed that caught his attention. "hmm..this guys face seems pretty familiar but whatever it doesn't matter for all i know everything is changing so fast i can't tell what's what like those mutations i've heard".

"Well as for this boy scout right here... *looks at Erick again* and said "hey pal

it seems we've got on the wrong foot so just remember I don't bite the hands that feed me, so thanks!" as Sid walk away waving the candy bar in his hand "Just a little fun for today, got what i want. you'll never know what's in store us in the future". as Sid went back to his own bed waiting for the time to pass.

Not long after Logan had entered the barracks, some of the other recruits started drawing attention. He threw his bag on one of the lower bunks and ignored them, until some of them looked like they were ready to start trouble. This should be interesting... He thought.

Logan continued to observe them. He wanted to know who he was dealing with. So far Nathan and Erick looked reliable, while that Sid guy was nothing but trouble. He took a mental note to never trust that guy. Apparently, he was raised on the streets just like Clint. But the latter seems to be capable to restrain himself.

Logan made a mental note to himself. So far the ones speaking up were either raised on the street or had some experience with the military. Erick’s father was even a big shot Major he had heard about. It didn’t make any sense that he and Nathan were in the same barracks as civilians. Something was definitely wrong with this situation and it raised even more questions. Does this situation have something to do with those weird creatures? Why were we selected out of all those candidates? I want to find out.

Lars could hear pieces of other conversations as he looked through his bag, making sure everything was there. Everything seemed to be intact.

"...the doors of any Army Barrack constructed after the outbreak has a system that allows a C.O. to lock in his soldiers for the night. Works by the handle reading their fingerprints. It can also detect when someone meant to be kept in the barrack tries to open the door while the systems activated. Buddy, you turn that handle, and You'll be sitting in an interrogation room somewhere, being asked a lot questions that you probably wouldn't want to answer."

"Well, that kills that idea," Lars thought. He'd planned on going at to that awesome forest and having a look around. "I should've known these miltary guys would be no fun...

He climbed to the top level of an empty bunk, leaving his bag and black coat on the bed. He sat around for a while, without much else to do. As the time passed, he became more and more frustrated, until eventually he couldn't contain himself.

"Gaah! I'm so bored!" he bursted. "What do they expect us to do here?!"

Edited by Flux

Nathan was startled awake by an outburst from one of the other people in the room. He sat up and glared about until he determined the source of the noise. "What do you do in here? You sleep. It's a barracks. It's not complicated. Now, shuteye can be rare in this kind of job, so do you mind keeping that opening in your face shut while others try to get it?"

Jory was half-woken by the ruckus in the barracks. He didn't even bother to open his eyes, only listening blearily as Nathan told off one of the other recruits. He closed his eyes immediately after, grateful for the respite in the noise.

Lars squinted at the red-haired man, a blank look on his face.

"Why bother trying to sleep for half an hour..." he mumbled, turning back to his bag.

He removed his sketchpad, deciding to pass some time drawing the landscape, when he realized that he'd forgotten to bring his pencils. He looked around for a while, wondering whether or not to risk angering anyone again, before deciding that overcoming his boredom was worth it. Still, he chose to use a considerable quieter voice. He looked over the edge of his bunk.

"Does anybody have any...pencils? Or know if there are any in here? I've gotta do something to pass the rest of the time..."

Keaton was instantly surprised and disgusted with the behavior of his new barrack buddies. None of them seemed to have a sense of the true authority around here, the military. He was shocked, flinching every time someone swore about the military or Lieutenant.
He had two choices of bunk: on his left was Nathan, the pilot. On the right was Lars, the... whoever he was. However, Lars did not seem to have a bad attitude. Only a bored one at the time. It would be a better for Keaton's morals to be with someone who didn't cause trouble. Lars seemed trustworthy enough. He went over to his bunk, placing his bag upon the lower bunk.
"Good evening. I'm Keaton," he said, tipping his fedora slightly. "If you need a pen or something, I've, uh.. I have a pen you can use," he said, pulling out his only remaining pen. Selfless, he thought. That's what I've got to be to make friends here.
He set the pen up on the above bunk as he double-checked his bag for everything he brought. Yup, he had the extra clothes, pocketknife, and spare fedora. Always a good idea to have a spare piece of classy equipment. He smiled, nodding his head. It seemed like he was one of the most optimistic people here. However, he'd get to know them over dinner.

Lars took the pen, giving the guy, Keaton he said, a bright smile.

"Thanks! I only need it until I can get something else. It should work fine, I'll just be careful not to mess up. I can do basic outlines for now." He set the pen by his sketchpad before leaning back over the bunk. "So, we're bunkmates, huh?" He grinned, brushing his white bangs away from his eyes. "What brings you to the military? I'm not terribly fond of them myself, but their flyers seemed to promise some fun. I figure it'll be a nice change of pace."

Edited by Flux

"Yup. Bunkmates," he repeated. Bunkmates, huh.
What brought him to the military? "I suppose family honor and required arms brought me here," Keaton guessed at. "Don't know about fun, though."

Being caught red-handed with the military would be abhorrent. Staying out of trouble will be the best thing to do, he thought. Keaton began to have second thoughts about his choice of bunkmate; if this was the sort of guy who was going to have fun in the military, it must be anything but good.

Sid heard that loud complaining that sleeping man shouted and responded "Yeah yeah, I don't want any trouble pal... just making friends with erick here..sorry to disturb your beauty sleep, ok princess?"

Sid continues to walk towards his bed thinking "Well these guys are no fun, all they do is sleep and lay around..not a care in the world..might as well do something..not realizing we'll be kicking the buckets any time soon" as he continues to bite the candy bar "acting all friendly and such, one thing i learned is that there no such thing as an ally only acquaintances" *biting intensifies* "makes me sick".

Lars turned back to his sketchpad and began to draw the vast forest they had flown over. He wanted to capture the vibrant trees and the contrast caused by the mountains. As the pen moved across the paper, his mind drifted to thoughts of what this group might be doing here. The fliers had said that they would become "the elite soldiers of tomorrow". While it sounded interesting, he realized that he may have gotten in over his head. While it did take him away from his previously boring life, he also realized that he could lose his life here. This was the military. It could easily become kill-or-be-killed, depending on what they were assigned to do. He didn't really want to kill anyone. Maybe he had gone through the motions too quickly, without thinking of the consequences they could have on him. He didn't even know what he'd signed up for. This whole thing was just a big mystery. Still... Something about this whole thing intrigued him. He would at least find out what this was all about before making any decisions.

Edited by Flux

The feeling of nausea that had taken over the Greyjoy upon seeing all the military complexes and activities was starting to settle when Lt. Surge mentioned the curfew. Getting to bed at 10PM meant getting up, in the best scenario, at 6 AM, for training, cold breakfast and laps, lots of laps. She hated running laps.

Practically everyone moved to the back of the barrack, so she swung her backpack into one of the bunks closest to the entrance and sat on the bed with her legs crossed, waiting for something to happen. Because something always happens in a confined space filled with testosterone. It didn’t take long for one of the guys to make an attempt to go outside with a cigarette in his hand, and other stopped him from exiting. “Smoking… not the wisest addiction to have in the army.” As the two of them engaged in conversation she began to wonder how some of that people managed to get into the program. She got in by outplaying the questionnaire, but she had knowledge of what the military wanted and expected of their recruits, as she herself lived in a slightly softer system for several years. Most guys there didn’t seem familiar with the military though, nor did they appear to have the necessary qualities. She didn’t had them either, but she wasn’t too worried about it.

That Erick guy finally opened the book and talked about his high patent relative. His father, of course. It had to be that, with his righteous attitude, so typical of kids with high ranked parents. She met plenty of them back in the day, so full of themselves that one would think they were the ones who risked their lives on the battlefield and not their parents. And despite his father oh so important rank apparently no one bothered to tell Erick what the program was all about, as he looked as oblivious to the matter as the rest of the group. That at least their supervisors did successfully, equally keeping them all in the darkness.

Things calmed down a bit, so Enyo laid on her back and decided to spend the rest of the time in the barrack staring at the top bunk above her.

Edited by Maddie

*outside the Barracks*

Surge was still very pissed about his encounter with Ray and his fearsome pet. He was steaming as he walked across the compound to the Barracks where he had locked the new recruits in, though not that any of them knew it was locked.

He approached the door and placed his hand on the handle, waiting a few seconds to allow the system to unlock it. Finally a chime sounded from the door, and Surge opened it.

"Hope you all have gotten aquanted. it's 18:59. Follow me to the mess."

Surge turned and started walking out of the door, then remembered something and and scaned the room for Enyo Greyjoy. it took him several sweeps with his eyes before he realized she was on the bunk right next to where he had been standing.

"You," He pointed to Greyjoy "Take your bag with you, you won't be returning to this barrack."

With that, Surge walked off, not waiting to see if anyone followed him.

*Inside the barracks...*

You all decide to get up and do as Surge says. Before long he leads all of you inside the MWB(magnificent white building) and to a large pair of double doors and into a large room with grey tiles on the floor, several tables, and a serving station in the center of the room. You are ushered in and guided to a large table near the center of the room. No other soldiers are in the room. But Standing at the head of the table is Dr.Ray and Professor Oak.

"Hello," Says Ray, slowly turning to face the group.

Erick answered his greeting with a question.

"Where's Dinner, and who are you?"

Ray turned to face Erick, a smirk across his face.

"Dinner Began at 17:00 hours and ended about ten minutes ago. You'll have to wait for breakfast.

Ray reached behind his back and pulled out the gun he kept holstered there, making a show of loading a bullet into the chamber.

He placed it on the table directly in front of him.

"but before we begin, Who amoung you here lied on any of the test? Some of you submitted answers that didn't correspond to the profiles and data that was already gathered on them. We know who they were, but we wanna see hands."

Erick hadn't seen this coming. He'd filled out the test with answers he thought they'd want to hear, not what he was thinking at the time. He pushed hard to stay calm.

"What is this about, if you know it was, then why don't you just out them instead of making it a charade?"

Ray picked up his gun and moved to where Erick was sitting. He pushed the barrel to his temple, but kept his finger off the trigger.

"Because, that Test you all took, I devised it. your honest answering of it was a matter of national security, and lieing on it was technically and act of high treason."

He looked Erick hard in the eyes.

"I already know that you did, my friend. it would be a shame to have to send your body back to your mother and older sister in a cedar box, a bullet hole right between your eyes."

He kicked Erick's chair out from under him, sending the young man to the floor. He began kicking him in the ribs. once, twice, three times, four, five...

Erick could feel the pain shooting through him with each blow, getting worse everytime. He felt a cry welling in his throat, but stiffled it as the beating continued. he could taste blood in his mouth.

Don't let him get the satisfaction of hearing me cry out in pain.

Oak stepped forward and placed a hand on Ray's shoulder

"Ray, that's enough."

Ray stepped away from Erick as he groveled on the tiled floor.

*The rest of you sit, there, stunned by what just transpired. the room stands silent for a few minutes, the only sounds are Erick Groveling on the floor*

Surge spoke up. "Are you done here Ray? Have you beaten enough men for the day?"

Ray Grinned at this.

"Clemont, End simulation, the test is a success."

*A click is heard from somewhere in the room, the Erick that was grovelling on the floor is replaced by an Erick who is still sitting in his chair, without a mark on him*

-------

Erick felt disoriented when the pain began to subside, then even more disoriented when he realized that he was not on the floor, but still in his chair. he couldn't tell if the beating he'd just endured was real or not. but his nerves screamed that it had been, though his body said it was all a lie.

"W-what the hell was that...?"

Ray stepped towards the back wall, pressing on a seemingly random place on it.

"Clemont, I said off, man. It still looks like we're standing in the messhall."

*another click is heard. you all are no longer standing in the mess hall, but rather a conference room with grey carpeting, the place on the wall where Ray had pressed is revealed to be an intercom system. and there is no gun to be seen anywhere in the room.Ray is no longer at the back wall, but is at the head of the table with oak. The two seem as if they were taking notes, as several pieces of paper are on the table in front of them.*

It was Oak who spoke next.

"That my friends, is the magick of science. What just happened was a very new invention being tested. One with the ability to imprint the image, feel, and experience of any scenario on the frontal lobe of the human brain. Everything you just saw, only happened in your heads. none of it was real. But that's a different subject, not why you all are sitting here, no, you're here because we need to explain what you'll be doing."

Ray looked around at everyone, gauging their reactions. His eyes landed on Surge and stayed for a while.

"What?" Surge asked. He seems to have not seen the same thing.

"You expecting me to nod in approval of this. I didn't agree with the Ethics of this yesterday when you told me about it, And I sure as hell aren't going to approve after seeing the looks on these people's faces."

Erick spoke, still shaken from the experience.

"That's just... Messed up man... Why...?"

Ray Ignored him and began speaking as if nothing had happened. He took his eyes off surge.

"Before we begin our explanation, does anyone have any questions not involving what did, or rather, didn't just happen?"

Jory's mouth may as well have been anchored to the table in front of him from the way it was gaping. He moved his hand to his jaw and pantomimed closing his mouth manually. Then, Ray asked if anyone had any questions. Jory's hand shot up into the air like a rocket. "How does that thing work and can I have one please?" he asked, sincerity evident on his face.

Ray turned to Jory.

"I like your enthusiasm about it. But one, That's classified, and two, No, You cannot have one."

he turned back to the rest of the group

"Anyone else have questions before we start?"

Dr.Ray chuckled a little

"Well, We needed to do a beta test to see how deep the effects went, the results of which are better than we hoped."

Ray glanced at Erick, who was now glaring at Ray and Oak

"The chairs in this room are rigged to monitor the heart rates of whoever sits in them."

Ray then pointed to the ceiling, where a little black box protruded out by about an inch.

"And that right there is a sensor capable of reading brain waves to interpret emotions. Alot of the Emotion we detected just now was Fear and Anger, and a lot of Shock too."

He returned his attention to the group.

"But it can have alot of uses, Grey. by the results of our little test just now, I think the most obvious one might be interrigation, though a person could easily rig a democratic election with a big enough apparatus..."

Oak interrupted.

"Not that it matters how it can be used, seeing as how it's CONFIDENTIAL, and all of you signed the agreement."

Ray stopped chuckling

"Right, right, okay, seriously, enough about the machine that we just used on all of you. Does anyone else have a question before we begin, like 'what is this place?', 'who are you?', 'What did the flyers mean when they said 'Elite Warriors of tommorrow'? Anyone?"

After the beating he had just seen taking place, Clint's heart just wouldn't stop beating. He had never been that helpless, especially when he saw someone he considered a friend getting smacked around. The thought jumped into his head multiple times, to speak out, perhaps defend his friend from the doctor, but something had held him back, some fear he wasn't quite used to.

However, after the explanation of the entire showing being an illusion Clint didn't quite understand what had just happened. While the others asked questions he gave Erick a quick look over to see if he was ok and after he concluded that the kid was just shaken up, he decided to speak up.

Clint started directly at Oak and Ray, then the words jumped from his mouth, "So what's the dealio? I mean if we got a job to do, don't ya think it's about time to stop foolin' aroun' with all your fancy science stuff and start tellin' us what we're supposed to be doin'?"

Edited by Supernovae