Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

Logan stared at the battlefield. He was impressed how well the creatures listened to Erick. He looked down at the spheres in his hands. Apparently he had a Chimchar and a Squirtle, whatever those things were. He was wondering if they were allowed to release their creatures. The other cadets started to ask Oak some questions, until a giant rocksnake appeared. Logan jumped away, startled by how huge that thing was.

“What the hell did you release?” he asked Clint.

Edited by Chimchain

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint was half listening to the others grill Oak in a fury, when he realized he was the only one to release his monsters, then he heard Logan ask him what he just released.

"This bad boy right here?" He asked rhetorically turning to Logan, "The ball called this one an Onix, but this is my big money P-I-M-P, right here ya feel?" Clint said turning back to Logan, then continued before Logan had a chance to answer"I know, I know you're jealous cause this bad boy is by far the biggest, baddest monster you've all seen so far, but it's cool cause if ya have to go up against me I'll be sure he takes it a little easy on ya." Clint was gleaming as the giant rock creature looked obediantly at his new master. Then he turned back to Logan, "Why don't ya see what you got goin on for ya, I mean it can't be any more destructive than the big pimp I got right here."

Edited by Supernovae

“It’s cool cause if ya have to go up against me I’ll be sure he takes it a little easy on ya.” Logan didn’t need to hear more. Even when Clint suggested he should release his creatures as well, he had already decided to show him. He could already imagine a big dinosaurlike thing showing up. That will make Clint shut up.. “Chimchar and Squirtle,” Logan said with a smile, “Let’s see what you guys look like.”

He opened the spheres and saw a little monkey with its ass on fire and next to it stood a blue turtle.

real_Chimchar_by_JrClerk.jpgsquirtle_by_mahenbu-d66d1pg.jpg

Logan stared at them. He didn’t know what he had expected, but this wasn’t it. That thing Dr. Ray released yesterday and Clint’s Onyx looked far more ferocious then these two. And to make things worse, both of them didn’t like each other. Chimchar was drawing attention by making backflips while Squirtle looked down on him, which made the first one retaliate.
Logan rubbed his head. “This isn’t gonna be easy.”

Edited by Chimchain

Clint frowned after Logan had thrown out his pokemon, despite his huge advantage Clint knew that he had already lost. Clint had grown up a fighter, the streets would have crushed him had he not, and he knew that the only reason someone gets into a 'friendly fight' was to prove themselves. They weren't trying to rob each other, they hadn't offended each other to the point where words couldn't resolve the issue, and most importantly they weren't from rival gangs, this was in fact just a friendly fight, where they could only prove each other's worth to one another and to the group as a whole, and there lied Clint's main disadvantage. If Clint won by using the gigantic earthworm he called his pimp, he wouldn't really prove anything, however if he lost while using his giant, he would be a laughing stock, since he had antagonized the fight. In short Clint had nothing to gain and everything to lose.Clint had also realized a general ineptitude from Oak during this time, he didn't seem to be interfering ... yet, but there was only a limited amount of time until the other military officers came back and who knows how they would react to Clint's behavior.

Putting this all together, Clint realized a sure-fire way out of the predicament he found himself in, a one on one. "Alright, Logan since we ain't too great on time, and I don't want big pimpin' here knockin' the buildin' over or nothin', why don't we just keep it a friendly one on one?" Clint proposed, hoping Logan would accept, "I'll just call back this skyscraper and you can pick either one of your guys to fight my Tyrogue."

Clint grabbed the ball that was labeled Onix from his pocket and began fumbling with it until he figured out how to recall his massive Onix. "Alright Tyrouge, let's knock some heads aroun'!" The small spiky-headed lizard, eye's lit up, despite being insulted by it's new master just a few minutes ago it seemed as though the creature was overly excited about it's chance to battle. Tyrogue quickly ran up to Clint and looked up at him, then at his still bickering opponets and smashed his knuckles together signifying he was ready for a brawl.

"So who's it gonna be?" Clint asked his opponet, "The turtle or the monkey?"

Logan was surprised when Clint requested a one on one without using his Onix. "I accept your challenge," he said while looking at Clint's Tyrogue and his own monsters. Chimchar looked ready to go while Squirtle's shell looked sturdy and more reliable for this match. Logan was about to pick the turtle when he saw Tyrogue smashing his knuckles together, drawing the attention of Chimchar. The monkey went over to his opponent and looked back at Logan, ready to start the fight.

"Looks like you're ready." Logan had no idea what to do. He didn't know what attacks Chimchar could do. "No point in thinking too much. Chimchar, attack!" The monkey ran over to Tyrogue and scratched it.

That didn't seem very effective. Maybe I should go for a fire attack next? Logan wondered as he waited for his opponent to move.

Edited by Chimchain

Oak was about to answer the groups questions when he was suddenly interrupted by a roar tearing through the air. He turned and saw that Clint had released his two partners. It was the Giant rock snake that caught his eye most.

tumblr_mcbpzliYAf1qfvy04o1_500.jpg

He watched and listened as Clint then began to egg Loagan on to a battle. then cursed under his breath when logan accepted and sent forth the fiery monkey to attack tyrouge

"I think Not!"

Oak stepped up between the two young man. he pulled the chimchar off tyrogue.

"There's been enough blood for today. Besides, It's time to begin your training in how to effectively use your partners abilities in war."

Oak walked back to the table,dropping chimchar to the ground. then began to tinker with some device.

Erick stood finally from where he stood. The small creature's arms were still wrapped around his neck, the Ralts no dangling from in the air. Erick cradled his arms and supported the creatures weight like one would carry a toddler. the creature seemed to not want to let go.

"You can let go of me, ya know."

Oak looked up from the table.

"Well, Erick, it seems that Ralts has imprinted on you. In other words, it recognizes you as it's master."

"Yeah, that's just great..."

Erick pulled the white creature off and placed it back on the ground. He took out it's Capsule, meaning to return it to stasis, but pulled out piplups by accident. He stared down at the sphere. He couldn't help but thing of the image of the blue penguin lying on its side, blood covering it's fur.

"Hey Oak, what happens if they die? To their handlers, I mean."

Oak answered, still trying to activate some unseen object on the table.

"Well, Erick, that honestly depends how it happens. If it's abuse... Well the handler will be considered a saboteur to the project. If it's in battle, like yours just was, then the handler will be assigned a replacement partner."

Oak reached for something, A Hammer? He started banging on whatever he was messing with.

"But I think there's little chance of that happening for piplup. Most of it's wounds probably weren't that deep. Surge's Pidgeotto on the other hand..."

Oak put down the hammer and turned to face Erick.

"How did you do it, Erick? this has to be the first time doing this for all of you, it had to be. But yet, you knew some of the discovered commands that prompt them to use certain abilities."

Oak could see that Erick was perplexed at his meaning.

"That move at the end. Bide. That's what i'm talking about. That was the specific command prompt you shouted, all your other commands to them were vague and could've been interpreted a number of ways by Piplup and Ralts."

Erick scratched the back of his head. This conversation would go into dangerous territory if he didn't shut it down now. Territory that he was sure would get him thrown into a psychiatric ward.

"I uh... I don't really know. I just said the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it being attacked like that."

the voice in his skull spoke up.

Yes, that's right, the best way to lie is to include part of the truth.

Oak studied him long and hard. He finally gave up and returned to the device on the table. A click was heard.

*the atrium suddenly fades away, you are all now standing in an inky black void a ball of light about the size of an orange can be seen far in the distance. nothing else is around. Without warning, the ball erupts into light and heat as it explodes, forever spreading outwards, the blast is so intense that you are all forced to close your eyes. As you re-open them, a beautiful display is all around you. You gasp as you see the cosmos.

Outer-Space-Wallpaper-Space-Stars.jpg

Oak begins his lecture.*

"Now, can anyone tell me what just happened?"

It was Erick who answered

"The big bang, I guess..."

"correct."

Oak waved his hand in an arc through the air, the view of the cosmos shifts to a veiw of the earth, the blue sphere pulses with multicolored light.

Earth-Space-High-Resolution-Images-Backg

Oak continues his lecture.

"Now, then, who can tell me the elements of the earth, like earth, water...?"

Edited by Legendaries tamer

Clint reeled back during Oak's talk, hoping to not garner any more negative attention to himself, during the talk Oak started talking about several science things that were a bit too complicated for Clint. He looked down and away as he had always done in school when a question popped up that was a bit over his head and that's when he noticed his Tyrogue slowly creeping up behind Logan's Chimchar.

"Oh shi-" Clint started before it was too late, the Tyrogue had decided it was going to attack the opposing Chimchar.

Edited by Supernovae

^^ (OCC//why the double post? EDIT nevermind)

Oak's attention was torn away from his lecture as Logan's and Clint's Partners again began to battle, with Tyrogoue attacking Chimchar and the latter countering by scratching back. He concluded that the two cadets had chosen not to listen to him when he spoke of the matter before, and his fury rose like a dragon's.

Oh HELL NO!!!!

Thought Oak as he tore out a capsule of his own from his belt.

"I know that you aren't still trying to battle after I told you it was time for the next lecture!!"

Then Oak saw as tyrogue Attacked Chimchar again.

"That's it, I'll have to give out my lecture by force it seems!"

(Theme: Consequences Iminant)

Oak tossed the sphere into the air, out of a hot burst of light emerged a strange yellow and brown creature.

alakazam_by_chicken_stalker-d37o9wi.png

"Clemont, show these slackers I'm not playin by dosin em with a few psychic attacks"

Alakazam's hand's glowed with a violet light as it's pair of spoons rotated around it faster and faster. The Violet light engulfed the Tyrogue, Contorting it before tossing it off somewhere into the darkness. The sound of stone breaking and water splashing on stone is heard.

"You aren't done yet, Clemont!!"

Clemont focused the same light on chimchar, who was lying on the ground, tossing it to into the dark. A similar sound of water and stone is heard in the distance.

Oak stumped between Logan and Clint, Absolutely pissed that such shananigans were taking place during HIS lecture.

"Are you two gonna quit? Or do I need to send your partners to the Med center to join Erick's Piplup and Surge's Pidgeotto?!"

He took out another ball and released the creature inside.

tumblr_m68rcv8pbV1rvefyco1_1280.jpg

"Well, Answer me, boys!!"

The two creatures stood around Oak, Clemont facing Clint and Onix, the owl creature facing Logan and Squirtle.

Oak interfered with the battle before it even started and took Chimchar with him, dropped it on the ground and started doing something on the table. Logan knew he was in trouble. He tried to draw Chimchar’s attention before it did something else and was caught off guard when a white light flashed, blinding him.

As soon as Logan opened his eyes again he saw Tyrogue crawling over to Chimchar. He knew the monkey would start fighting again and tried to find a way to stop it without drawing too much attention, but he was too late. Oak released his own monster. Something weird that was way more powerful than his monkey and Clint’s Tyrogue. Both creatures were thrown away by Oak’s orders and sound of breaking stone and water could be heard.

Logan was worried about Chimchar and wanted to check on it, but Oak started yelling at him and Clint. Suddenly an owl-like creature was facing him and Squirtle. The turtle wasn’t impressed, but didn’t react. “We’ll stop! We just didn’t have complete control over those creatures, that’s all.” He looked at Clint for back-up.

Clint couldn't believe what he'd just seen, the old grandfather had turned violent in less than a second just because of a mistake his Tyrogue had made. Not only that, but the fox-like monster now facing him seemed to have some sort of magical power he used to throw his Tyrogue around. Clint knew he was more than likely outclassed at this point, however just as before when he was about to fight Logan he decided not to use his Onix due to the fact he had everything to lose, nothing to gain, now Clint was on the opposite end of that spectrum. The professor seemed to have a great deal of confidence in his monster named Clemont and Clint was damn sure he was going to get his chance to prove himself.

"Alright Tyrogue, come on back," Clint said, pulling the sphere from his pocket and pulling his Tyrogue back, with that Clint gave Logan an understanding look, he knew that Logan had no intention of getting involved. "If you want a fight old man you got one," Clint said redirecting his attention to Oak, "But, first things first, just leave Logan out of this, it's between me and you now. Got it?" Before Oak had a chance to answer Clint threw the ball labeled 'Onix' to the ground and began screaming out his command.

"Alright big pimpin', smack the fox guy with that huge tail of yours!" Clint belted out, as the huge snake let out a mighty roar and obeyed his master's command.

Jory rolled his eyes as Clint challenged Oak to a battle. This guy's pets are gonna get slaughtered... Might as well see what my capsules have inside them. How do I... Oh! he thought to himself as he figured out that yes, the big button did actually work. He pressed it on the ball labeled "N". A flash of light emanated from the ball, then a small, rabbit-like creature appeared in front of Jory.

realisticnidoranfemale_zps7d752df2.png

The creature looked innocently up at Jory, wiggling its nose. "That's uh... Not what I expected. Although that's not a bad thing, by any stretch." Jory smiled and reached down, stroking the top of the quivering beast's head. "So you're what they call a Nidoran, huh? That's not such a great name." Jory looked back at the capsule, noting that it indicated this Nidoran was a female. "So you're a girl?" Jory scooped up the Nidoran in his arms and cradled it. "I'll name you Nefertiti, after the most famous female Egyptian pharaoh. It's our job to get you to live up to that name!" The Nidoran yipped enthusiastically, nuzzling Jory's neck. "Let's meet your friend here, huh? What's his name... Ponyta?" He pressed the button on his other ball. Another flash of white light appeared.

ponyta.jpg

A four-foot tall pony came out of the ball. That might have been completely fine with Jory, if half the goddamn thing hadn't been on fire. "Woah! What the hell?" he exclaimed, stepping back and wrapping his arms protectively around Nefertiti. The Nidoran poked her head out of Jory's arms, intrigued by the new arrival. The Ponyta snorted, looking Jory up and down before whinnying and rearing on his hind legs. "Easy, boy, easy!" Jory shouted, tapping the Nidoran on the nose with her capsule to return her. He tentatively reached out to the Ponyta, who tilted his head down and allowed Jory to stroke his muzzle while carefully watching the human. The equine shuffled uncomfortably on his hooves, his flamings growing slightly hotter. "Huh... so you're actually on fire?" He made a mental note not to touch the flaming mane. "I guess you'll be Sampson, then. You're a bit big for a pony." Jory chuckled as the Ponyta's eyes narrowed, then yelped and dove out of the way as Sampson released a gout of hot air that singed the grass where Jory had been standing. "Another mental note: Don't make fun of Sampson." The Ponyta's eyes glinted and he whinnied happily. "Yeah, yeah. You're not that funny, buddy. Get back inside," the human said with irritation as he clicked the button on Sampson's ball. He then clicked the button on Nefertiti's ball and scooped her up, holding her as he turned his attention to Clint and Oak.

During the turn of events, a mass hysteria fills the place. creatures are showing one after another. Sid takes a step back takes a sigh and start to process what is going on. well so much for leadership, not that it bothers i won't mind seeing another mutant showdown.. this is far better than any boring lecture. So this is a battle for dominance huh? balsy move for that annoying guy. well whatever there's a fine between stupidity and courage.

*looks at the ball in his hand* he grin "Well it woundn't be fair to just to see the show all by myself" Sid curious what's inside he press the button too close to his face. pop comes a lion cub like creature leaping over him taking his cap off.

shinx_by_phlegias_t_redback-d69z46f.png

As the cat like creature nimbles on his hat with a grin on the creatures face as he looks at his trainer and start returning the hat. Sid takes a good look and wincing for a moment.. "well your cute as fuc*, but cuteness don't win battles you little tike"*as he puts the cap over the cubs head.

Optimistic Sid reach down to his pocket hoping some intimidating beast would aid him as he looks around and notice a fire horse with that hoodie guy and takes a glance at Clint's monstrous rock snake . he read the ball's name "horsea" thinking it's a horse with a typo on its name. He grin and said "here's hoping" as he press the button. pops a small seahorse like creature.

real_horsea_by_jrclerk-d6t49be.jpg

Sid was disappointed as he takes a look with his palm on his face while saying "I'm screwed" as the two creatures play with each other. while the horsea is bouncing around producing bubbles. Shinx out of nowhere has this mischievous look as it run off towards Jory, snatches one of his pokeballs right out off his hands at lightspeed. and run towards Sid like it was playing fetch. Sid was just shocked what transpired "well you're chip off the old block, but you better return that don't want any trouble and I've seen enough trouble for one day" as he pet him.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Oak listened to clint's rather foolish refusal to stand down, turning his attention entirely to the young Truant, He could see as the young man tossed out his onix.

He could see that the incoming attack would knock him away along with Clemont, seeing as the two of them were standing right next to each other. He acted without hesitation, The Alakazam able to read his masters intentions, The two leaped six feet backwards together, Entirely Dodging the poorly aimed attack.

"Fine then, boy! Logan won't be involved then, but as for you..."

(Tough challenge)

*The Earth faded. The Dark grows ever more... soon, you are unable to see much of anything of the battle...*

He landed with Alakazam and the Beast rushed forward without even hearing it's master's command. It ran straight for the Foe Onix tail, which was low to the ground due to the attack.

"Nasty-Plot. Make it hurt!!"

Oak turned to Noctowl

"And you, Literacy, Will use brave bird, hit it just under the chin!"

As Clemont reached the Rock Snakes tail and leaped into the air, He began Fantasizing of all the ways to defeat his foolish foeman that were at his disposal, letting out a Laugh that sounded like an old tibetan monk as it landed on the Foe's tail and quickly began scaling the towering mass of living Rock and stone, Reaching the creatures massive head in seconds.

Literacy's body charged up with an immence power, the Air around it became a vacum with Noctowl at it's center. With each second, the vacum expanded outward, the Glow grew so bright that it was impossible to look at.

"Now, Focus Blast, unleash the attacks in perfect tandom!!"

The Owl unleashed it's restraint of it's stored wrath, Flying straight at onix with insane speed, At the same time, Clemont unleashed it's own Attack, When Soemthing picked it up and tossed it off of Onix's Head. It's body glowed a deep scarlet as it was flung into the approaching Literacy, Taking the full force of the Blow and being ricocheted off to somewhere in the dark.

"Interloper!" Called Oak's furious voice

"Noctowl, Aerial ace, leave no survivors!!"

The vicous Owl speed with like a missle, Heading for some unseen target in the Darkness.

Erick's voice rang out from the dark.

"Good Work Virtue, Now... uh..."

From his hiding place in the Dark, Erick again entered into a Usurption episode, His mouth leaving his control and entering that of the Voice in his head. He could see the Owl closing in on the Ralts, just as Pidgeotto had done with Piplup. His voice again echoed out, with far more ferocity than before.

"Now use Barrier to stop that overgrown bird in it's tracks!!"

the air Around Virtue rippled and distorted, as a Wall of pure psychic energy was thrown up. The Noctowl smakced right into it with a huge amount of velocity, going limp and sliding to the ground, unmoving. Erick scooped up Virtue and ran over to clint. The Voice in his head had relinquished the use of his mouth back him.

"sorry bout interfering man, but it didn't seem fair, two-one, especially when it looks that one-sided, though... I'm not one to talk."

He smirked

Another voice rang out from the darkness. this one sounded... Very familiar...

"Enough of this nonsense, GAO#13, Order 77: Outrage!!"

A dragon-like being swopped in from the darkness

8784c8c1c8b69d0e0ec5a502c0b0ba0d.jpg

, Thrashing and clawing at Oak, spewing hot flames and letting out an inhuman roar, Tearing his Blazer and continuing to viciously attack the middle-aged man as he fell to the ground, his clothing on Fire.

*You all gasp in shock at this*

"What in the Name of Christ!!" Erick yelled in complete shock

Another Voice rang out, it sounded like professor oak, but much more hagard...

"Clemont, Focus Blast!!"

Out of the Dark shot a sphere of pure blue energy, Erick watched as it collided into the Alakazam lying on the ground, still dazed by it's richocheted ride. An feirce implosion Burst outward, when the dust cleared, there was nothing left but... a bit of... pink ooze.

A gun shot sounded off in the Dark, A single bullet tearing into the temple of the Noctowl, it collapsed to the ground, Grey matter splattering the floor... then it too dissolved into a pink ooze.

Surge came charging in from the Dark, a man in a strange uniform being carried on his arm and shoulder by the velocitty and momentum of the charge. Surge leaped into the air abruptly throwing the man to the ground hard, knocking the wind out of him. He produced a Bowie knife from his fatigue jacket breast pocket and used the momentum of his fall to impale it deep into the man's thigh, cutting clear through the bone. That done, he entered a combat roll just as he landed, springing up just beside the wounded man.

Ray steped out of the dark, his gun drawn and pointed at a creature that looked like the same thing Clemont was as he directed it to move forward, except this one had some type of energy shackles and collar on it's hands and neck, and a sack on it's head.

General McCarthy stepped out of the dark, shouting into a walking talkie numerous voices answered back.

The darkness began to ripple, then shattered like a thousand shards of Glass, Revealing the Atrium Again.

A good hundred soldiers were holding assault rifles at the man lying with a bowie knife in his leg.

"Stand Down!!!" McCarthy Bellowed.

"what the hell is happening" Erick yelled. He had noticed that once the battle had started, the image of the earth had faded away, and the darkness had grown even inkier, but had thought nothing of it... Till now, surrounded by soldiers with X-19 assault rifles

"Massive breach in security, Freeman!!! Traitors scattered all around this facility, We're still trying to round them all up!!!"

"What?"

Erick looked around at the soldiers. Standing by the entrance to the Atrium, He sees Oak, he looks roughed up, with a black eye and a busted lip a pair of cuffs hung from both his wrist, the chain was broken.

*Surge rushes forward, ordering the group into the elevator, you do as your told, as a good mother always tells her children "Don't disobey when you're surrounded by armed soldiers how have enough fire power to kill a man a hundred-times over!!. He leads you to a conference room, you all sit down.*

Erick couldn't take this vague silence on what the hell just happened anymore

"Is someone going to F***ing explain anything that just happened!!??"

Surge glared at him

"Shut up, kid. Now, I'll explain as much as I can once everyone has answered this question. What Happened In There? From the time we left you all alone with the Oak Imposter, to when we busted in there. Answer me."

Keaton never got a chance to see his companions. In his left belt side, he had to two of the capsules. Inside were "Baltoy" and "Vulpix". The names of the two were written on the ball, but he decided to preserve them until he knew their names. If they didn't kill him, that is.
During all the action, Keaton mumbled to himself in awe at the creatures and in disgust at the others for not falling in line. And, as it always does, resistance led to trouble. They were escorted to some sort of plain, discussion room. The clearly pissed-off Lieutenant immediately asked what happened- as any good leader would.
"Sir," Keaton mumbled, "Sir, after the conflict, we all looked at the capsules. Someone," he swallowed, knowing this would make him enemies. But he had to tell the truth. "Someone let loose their creature in the middle of Mr. Oak's lecture. He fought someone else's with his own. From there, it just evolved as more and more were sent out. Eventually, the scientist, Mr. Oak, threw some of the creatures to the side. After that, I'm unsure," he finished off. Better to assist those high up than these lower-tier people. About two seconds later, he realized that he still had his head in the clouds and needed to finish what he said in a military manner. ",sir."

Sid takes a daze look off all the confusion that is happening so fast and tries to focus at Surge's piss voice echoed through the room, not much of his nature but out of the seriousness that is happening Sid said "Well everything happens so fast, Some cadets try to test each others creatures capabilities, while this lab guy insist on a lecture. we have a few mishalves here and there..then suddenly we're watching a creature brawl with Clint and the lab guy, i knew something was off where a scientist has too much testosterone. then ya'll came in all gangster and sh*t now here we are".

Erick Listened as Keaton explained his side of things, noticing that he had an air suck-upness about him.

then sid as he blundered through a piss poor explaination

He went right after sid finished.

"Well, Oak, or should I say 'Not-Oak' since I'm assuming the man Clint and I battled wasn't the Professor, anyway, he started his lecture after asking me a few questions."

"what questions?"

Erick explained them to surge exactly as Not-Oak had asked, and exactly as he had answered. he then continued

"Then he showed this... image of the big bang i guess... then he pulled up a earth bathed in a multicolor aura and asked for someone to explain what elements made up the world. that's when things got weird. I'm guessing one of Clint's and one of Logan's partners started fighting, then Not-Oak got reall pissed and tossed out some... I don't even know what you people call these things you've given all of us. Anyway, they looked a lot stronger than anything any of us had. the next thing I saw, Oak tossed away the two that had been fighting, then challenged Clint and Logan. Logan... I guess he backed down, I couldn't really tell, it was getting darker in their for some reason and they were kinda far from me. Next thing I know, I see a huge blue light high in the air, with that thing oak sent out standing that rock snake-thing that Clint had released... and I saw something else closing in it too. I figured it wasn't really fair if The old-man was gonna use two to one tactics with such an already present advantage in power, so I decided to jump in...."

Erick explains his interloping in the fight.

"Then you all came in, shouting, yelling 'hands in the air, hands in the air!!' and no one would answer any questions."

Surge looked at erick for a while.

"Try making your statement of events again. And this time, include Sir in it. You will show proper respect for you superiors, Kid!!"

Erick seriously contemplated it for a while... Then another episode came...

"Two points of issue i have with that, Surge. One, I don't think I can give you the respect that the term 'Sir' Invokes, not after that little stunt you pulled..."

"That was five years ago!! Are you still gonna B**** and moan over it!?"

"It was my fathers funeral, And you tried to hit on my sister as she went up to say a few words"

Surge ground his teeth...

"And two, You keep calling me kid. Not anyone else in this group, just me. If my memory serves, then your only... what, six, seven years ahead of me? I have a name, Sergeant, And I'd like it if you used it from now on. You fulfill that request, and I might call you 'Sir'."

Surge stared at him for a few seconds... Erick knew this would cause major trouble down the road. he was beginning to really hate this stupid voice.

"looks like the Freeman Boy has grown a pair since his daddy's death..." He muttered under his breath.

"Who's next, I need statements from all of you by the way."

Clint was in a daze from the events as they transpired, what started out as a friendly match against Logan had quickly devolved into a complete catastrophy, first his Onix was certainly a little shaken up from the attacks it received against his two foes, second he was more likely than not in trouble with the commanders. However, there was certainly a silver lining. First off, his Onix performed well in it's battle, he couldn't help but feel a little proud of his new partner for causing such a great struggle between the false profess monsters, second off his alliance with Erick seemed to be strong, and thirdly and most importantly he had inadvertantly stalled this imposter from performing any more damage. All in all it seemed as though Clint's bravado had caused him to become an unwilling hero in this situation, still he knew he had to offer up his side of the story after hearing his fellow military men throw him in the ring.

"Yea, uh sir all of dat's true," Clint said stepping forward, "Ya see I was the first one to release my new partners, after seein' my big bad Onix, well I couldn't help but feel a little cocky, ya know?" Clint was sure to look around the room while taking, he knew that if the hammer was going to fall on anyone it should be him, so he made sure his story pushed as much blame on to him as possible, "Well, I got ta talkin' to Logan and I talked him into a little friendly brawl, ya know nothin' all too serious, just for good fun, but that's when the professor jumped in and pulled his monkey away from the battle and started to lecture us on some science mumbo-jumbo ... sir" Clint continued he wasn't quite used to addressing military officers just yet, "We both stepped back, not wantin' to intrude on the guy's parade, but ya see I forgot to call back my Tyrogue, well when the professor was talkin' my Tyrogue snuck up on Logan's monkey and decided to give him a smack in the back. After that Oak started callin' out his partners and attacked me and Logan's guys and threatened to knock our monster's into the hospital, Logan backed out, ya know did the proper military thing," He turned to Logan, "Sorry about that brotha," he apologized then whipped his attention back to the commanding officer, "Anyway, I got a little hot-headed and decided to take him up on his challenge. Next thing I know I'm callin' out my Onix and attackin' I think he called it a Clemont? Well, the fox guy, ya know the one. Anyway, my Onix charged forward and faced a gang attack from the professor's guys, Onix held his own for a bit, but even my bad ass giant snake can't take on two magical guys ya know? So Erick jumped in the battle and helped me out givin' my Onix the save," He turned to Erick "By the way, thanks for the help my man," then he turned back and continued with his story, "Then that's when ya'll decided to come in and straight murder the other professor."

Clint stopped and looked right at the commanding officers, "Look, I know the situation got all messed up, but it's totally all my bad, if anyone deserves punishment it's me and only me, leave everyone else out of it, err sirs."

Edited by Supernovae

Jory looked around, still holding Nefertiti securely in his arms. She was trembling and hid her face in Jory's chest. "Shh... It's okay, Nef. You're safe." He pet the creature gently, and its quivering began to slow down. He then looked up at Surge. "Honestly, sir, I couldn't tell you what happened if I tried. One moment I was getting to know my partners, and the next thing I knew all of these folks were fighting. Scared the hell out of Nefertiti here," he said quietly.

"Sir." Nathan, realizing the importance of the situation, dropped his usual attitude, standing at attention. "Two of the civili- I mean, recruits, attempted to start a brawl using their newly received -what do we call them? GAOs?-. The infiltrator, in the guise of Oak, stepped in and attempted to enforce discipline by using his own GAOs against theirs, sir." He delivered this all in a quick, crisp tone, contrasting with his normally somewhat aggressive and confrontational manner. "After this, it appears that one of the GAOs tried to continue the earlier fight, resulting in our impostor here threatening them with further usage of force, sir. Clint -I'm not aware of what ranking system is in place in this program- challenged the professor with his own GAO, which appeared to further enrage him. After a brief but violent combat, well, you were present for the rest. I believe that is all relevant information, sir." I need air time. After this insane shit, I need to be behind the controls of my fighter again. No animals that blow shit up for no reason, just the sky, your squadron, and your machine against the enemy. The pilot waited for Surge's response.

Everything happened so fast. One moment Logan stepped down and the next he was in a room with the Sergeant and the rest of the cadets. Some of them told their version of what happened and he heard his name coming up. Logan had no choice. He stepped up after Nathan’s version.

“Sir, I’m to blame as well. I was curious about Clint’s giant rocksnake and my own partners. So I accepted the battle.” He looked at Clint. “You have nothing to apologize for. We’re in this together,” he said with a faint smile before he turned back to the Sergeant. “Anyway, the imposter interfered with the battle. Our partners didn’t like it and started fighting again.” While Logan was talking; his Chimchar jumped on his shoulder. “As soon as this little guy got thrown away by the imposter’s partners, I stepped down. I thought it was the right thing to do since I was facing someone with a higher rank. Clint didn’t step down and was in trouble. I should’ve had his back, but instead Erick did.” Logan turned to Clint. “Sorry about that.”

Chimchar started acting up again. Apparently he was curious as what had happened to his opponent. Logan took the fiery monkey and put in on the ground. He looked the Sergeant in the eye and said: “Clint and Erick battled the intruder until the interference. Sir, if Clint receives punishment, I should too.”
Logan was determined. He wouldn’t let Clint down after the guy had stepped up for him.

"Sir, after the conflict, we all looked at the capsules. Someone...Someone let loose their creature in the middle of Mr. Oak's lecture. He fought someone else's with his own. From there, it just evolved as more and more were sent out. Eventually, the scientist, Mr. Oak, threw some of the creatures to the side. After that, I'm unsure... sir."

--------------------------------------------

Lars spoke up.

"Not everyone got to take a look at their creatures -- I still don't even know what mine are. Everything happened so fast..."

He pushed back his hair, taking steady breaths, still in shock from what had just transpired.

"So that wasn't Oak? And those... GAOs -- The owl and fox-man -- Are they dead? Did they belong to the imposter? Everyhting went dark, and I'm really lost..."

He paused, looking at the floor. "Sorry, but I don't think I can tell you anything you haven't already heard..."

Surge nodded at lars.

"as I said, I'll explain everything to the best of my abilities once i've collected everyone's statement."

He looked over to rest of the group, focusing on those who had yet to speak.

"Who wants to talk next?"

Sid was thinking while his hands was on the table fisted-up while the cadets are explaining their version and Surge is still looking for some information on the other side of the table. Sid was looking down on Horsea as it was hiding and sleeps soundly on his inside of his shirt with its head expose like a baby kangaroo on her mothers pouch. Sid felt a mutual feeling between him and Horsea as he remembers himself seeing growing up in the slums. Sid recuperate himself and mustard the courage to talk again and stared standing..

"Sorry about that recent explanation" he hesitated on the word sir.. "sir, must be the smell of gun powder talking for a while. with all due respect i think we can go on and on and the outcome is still the same. Fake Oak went all bananas on us..with some dumb luck we survive that event. Erick, Clint and Logan got the better seats than the rest of us, I think their explanation should suffice your question." as Sid shifted and ask question everybody wants to know.

"why are you holding back on us? what the hell is going on sir?!" as Sid takes a sit while thinking i shouldn't went that far.

Surge was about to address sid's outburst when the walkie talkie on his side began to be hailed.

"Why so low tech?" Erick asked

"We have no way of Knowing whether or not the comm systems have been compimised, better safe than sorry."

Surge answered.

"Yes, sir..."

"Yes, sir, everyone's statement of the events has been consistent so far..."

"Freeman, Cannon, and Walker seemed to have been more involved than the others..."

"Very well then sir..."

Surge put the low tech device on the table and began to address the group.

"Well, General McCarthy has just given me the go-ahead to inform you of what we have from the investigation so far: from what has been found thus far, what you all went through in there was probably the early stages of a now botched Kidnapping attempt. So Far Two conspirators have been captured and are being interrogated. We have no exact estimate on how many others were in on this, but chances are it was no more than ten people seeing as how everything in this project is need-to-know basis. Currently the base is being sweeped for anything else. We'll tell more on the situation as we find out more."

Erick was still curious as to what happened to the imposter and his two GAOs

"So, about that Oak imposter... Was he... I don't know, Human? or is there Some type of GAO..."

Erick held up Virtue, who had been sitting in his lap like a child would with Santa at the mall, to show what he meant

"That's able to... Maybe shapeshift?"

Surge was surprised at the intuition that Erick just displayed. That was precisely what way described three of the five captured as.

"Yes, actually. In fact, Ray himself is studying the GAO captured from the Atrium, and he says that is the most likely thing about them, which would explain how a complete imposter of Oak, capable of fooling three people who've interacted with him for several years, could have possibly been created. In fact, Ray named the three that were captured... As Ditto."

The Walkie talkie was again hailed. Surge picked up

"You still want to continue this after what just happened...?"

"The forest? Are you crazy? The entire base is on lock down..."

"How many guards...?"

"And your sure that none of them were involved in the plot...?"

"So, they're apart of a Squad too? Well, then I guess the risk drops then..."

"Fine..."

Surge turned back to the group.

"I've just been informed that Briefing and initial training will continue today. All of you, Follow me outside."

*Surge leads all of you out of the conference room, to the front gates of the MWB, where another troop transport truck awaits, the very same that you all rode in yesterday. You all get in as you're ordered, and the truck drives off out of the compound's front gate. Several minutes later, the truck is now in the forest, traveling along a gravel road. If you look back, You'll notice that where the Bexly base was just a few minutes ago, is just a thicket of lush overgrowth. Several more minutes pass, the truck stops. Surge comes around to the back and orders everyone out. You are all in a huge clearing in the forest. Dr.Ray and Professor Oak wait in the middle of it. Several heavily armed guards stand along the perimeter of the clearing, keeping an eye on the vast tree line. If you look at their belts, you'll notice that each of them carries two spheres, just as you all do.*

Ray steps forward and addresses the group, just like back in the Atrium.

"Well, good to see everyone's still alive after that little... Incident."

Oak spoke next. he had a black eye and some dried blood was on his lip.

"I'd like for everyone who has yet to meet their partners to call them out of their capsules and do it now."

Erick spoke up, virtue clung to his leg like a small child.

"What happened to you, Professor? And what did they do to your face?"

Oak took the question.

"They restrained me with hand cuffs in a broom closet. As for my face, they punched it... Repeatedly. But enough on that."

He turned to the rest of the group

"Go on, meet your partners already."