Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

After the situation with Oak and Nathan, Clint and his partners began to walk back to the outskirts of the camp. Clint was still steaming after passing by Logan and Jory and didn't take note of anything that they were talking about as the turtle creature was showing off his prowess for water attacks. After getting far enough away from the rest of the group, Clint turned back to his Tyrogue and Onix the two creatures seemed generally submissive as Onix lazily laid in the dirt and Tyrogue continued to stare at the grass.

"All right guys, listen if they wanna be secretive about everything dat's fine, but there ain't no way in hell we gonna just sit back and take orders, so I think it's about time I taught ya to fight." As Clint made this declaration, the Tyrogue's face instantly lit up, and it jumped up to Clint. "You jus' go ahead and sit this one out, big pimpin', lil' Rocky here needs the trainin' a bit more then you right now." The massive Onix seemed to be content with that decision as it began digging around the dirt.

Clint lifted his hands up, ready to catch the Tyrogue's attacks, then he instructed his partner, "Alright Rock keep the jabs comin', until I say stop, and always, always, ALWAYS, keep ya hands up got it?" Clint then showed the Tyrogue how to throw a punch and a proper boxing position, "Ya ready?" he started, but before he began the Tyrogue started launching jabs, careful to do as his master had instructed and kept his hands up. "Good keep it comin'!" Clint exclaimed as the pair continued practicing.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, everyone else seems to be doing it. Nathan turned to his GAOs. "So, I don't know if you can understand me, but I'll assume you can. I guess we'll start with you, Bagon. What are you good at?" The lizard-creature answered by charging at him with head lowered again, slamming into one of his legs and knocking him on his rear. Bagon then sat contentedly. "Oof. Well, you've got a hard head. Anything else?" It stood up and slammed it's head into a nearby boulder. Nathan chuckled, but after a moment, the boulder cracked and split in two. "Well then, that'll be useful." He turned to the other GAO. "How about you?" The orange lizard opened it's mouth, but didn't do anything at first. "So. . . nothi-" He was interrupted by a spray of burning sparks flying out of the open maw and landing all over his uniform. "Son of a b- Is this gonna be the way this goes?"

"Good keep it up Rock!" Clint exclaimed as Tyrogue continuously landed firm punches against Clint's palms. Clint's hands were bleeding at this point, but he didn't care he was too wrapped up in enjoying training his lizard-like fighter. The Tyrogue unleashed one last furious punch, then quickly jumped back and performed a jump kick right at Clint's face, landing directly on his jaw. "Oh, come on!" Clint exclaimed, surprised yet not mad at the little fighter who got a huge smile on his face. "What are ya some kinda karate kid?" he said wiping the blood from his jaw.

"Hey, where'd big pimpin' go?" Clint looked back to the Tyrogue who simply shrugged and got back in fighting stance. "Hold on, lil' man," Clint said as he ran over to where Onix previously was only to notice that the gigantic earth-worm had dug a hole underground. "Where did he- " Clint began, but was quickly interrupted by the site of Onix ripping through the ground just a few meters away from Nathan and his crew, showering the former pilot and his GAOs with dirt in the process.

A smile couldn't help but form across Clint's face, he knew the Onix was defending him without getting him in trouble. Clint and Tyrogue ran over to Nathan and Onix and as Clint arrived he did his best to conceal his smile. "Hey man sorry about that," he said to Nathan then quickly turned to the Onix, "Man, remind me not to take my eyes off you again!"

Edited by Supernovae

Wow! Jory really has a talent with these GAO. I should learn a thing or two from him. Logan thought as he continued to observe the interaction between Crush and Jory, curious about his turtle’s reaction.

“I think Logan wants to be your friend, Crush. Whaddya say?”

Crush looked at Logan, doubt in its eyes. Then he used his water gun again, missing Logan by a few inches, turned his head and crossed its paws. “You don’t trust me, do you? But why did you show me your weaknesses then?”

Suddenly Crush withdrew in its shell while a silver, ironlike color showed for a moment (withdraw). Then he popped back out and tackled Logan with a brute force. Logan got hit in his stomach and fell. “Ouch, that shell is like a rock, what the hell?”

Edited by Chimchain

Jory laughed as Crush tackled his trainer to the ground. "Well, that's one way of finding out how your GAO feels about you," he said lightheartedly. Nefertiti mewled in Jory's arms, scratching him lightly with her paws. "You want to get down, Neffi?" he asked the small creature. The Nidoran nodded and Jory bent over, releasing her onto the ground. Nefertiti walked over to Crush and booped him on the nose before suddenly rushing back to Jory and hiding behind his legs.

The first thing that Lionel saw when waking up, was that he was lying next to a small river, that his face was kind of wet, and that Shadow and Buddy sat next to him. "Buddy! What... How did you do that? And how did we end up getting here?" Buddy yawned, and his eyes turned blueish. Suddenly, a slightly bigger rock started to move, floated up, and was fell down in the river. Buddy's eyes turned to normal. "You mean you took us here by using those powers, Buddy?" He must have been the one that wetted my face as well, in the hope I would wake up. "Alright, thank you, I guess, but... Do you also know the way back?" Buddy yawned again, and fell asleep. "Damn it." He recalled Buddy, and then turned to Shadow. "I don't suppose you can lead me out, can you?"

The Murkrow flew above the trees, but not too high, so that Lionel could still follow him. As they finally reached the camp again, Lionel had to catch his breath. He had been running the whole time trying to keep up with Shadow. *pant* "Thanks, Shadow." *pant pant* As he looked around, he saw a gigantic snake-like creature that seemed to be made out of rocks looking down at one of the other army members. He couldn't see which one, since he was completely covered in dirt. Then, he saw another person walked to the snake and the dirt-covered person. "Wow, talk about size." As he walked closer, he realised the person that just appeared was talking to the GAO, and he couldn't help but to speak to this person, as he released Buddy from his ball again. "Excuse me, is that your GAO? He looks kind of very powerful."

Edited by Bibarel

"Excuse me, is that your GAO? He looks kind of very powerful."

Clint's face lit up as he turned around to face the cadet. He recognized this one, but didn't know his name just yet. "Hell yea, this is big pimpin' right here, the strongest, baddest GAO in this whole camp," he said with a huge smile on his face, Clint just loved showing off, "And this is Rocky, he may not be as big and bad as big pimpin', but he's definitely a tough guy and he loves a good brawl." Clint then pet his Tyrogue on the head, "So what partners ya got there, that bird looks pretty quick, but I can't say ya, what is that a hippo, well whateva it is I can't say it looks all too strong."

"So what partners ya got there, that bird looks pretty quick, but I can't say ya, what is that a hippo, well whateva it is I can't say it looks all too strong." The cadet said. "Well, this little guy here," said Lionel as he pointed at Shadow, "is Shadow. He's pretty fast and good with aerial attacks as well, and his beak is sharp. I felt that myself. And this 'hippo', as you put it, is Buddy. At first I thought he wasn't that powerful either, but he has some pretty awesome moves. He's only...a little bit slow and lazy. Buddy, a demonstration of your power please." Buddy gazed at Lionel with a sleepy smile, then rolled on his back, and snored. "Damnit Buddy. Well, I guess he's not in the mood today. Oh, before I forget, my name is Lionel."

Nathan cursed out loud. One of his GAOs - the Charmander - had been thrown into a panic by the rock-snake-thing throwing dirt around. He was running around in circles, releasing bits of flame from his mouth, lighting an assortment of objects on fire. The other one just seemed angry, and as Nathan chased the Charmander about, dodging fire, Bagon charged at the Onix, again with his head lowered.

Logan and the other man- Jory, introduced themselves. Keaton watched Sheriff walk away, far too prideful for something that seemed so frightened minutes ago.
"Well, as long as Crush there doesn't hurt my buddies. My name is Keaton. My GAOs are Axis and Sheriff. Or, rather, Baltoy and Vulpix," he said, extending his hand to Logan. Axis floated beside Keaton, about three feet above the ground. He decided to stop acting so amazed, because too much had already happened that would blow him away. "This here is Axis. Some sort of magical earth-relic spinning top. I dunno."
Keaton looked around. He saw none of the official figures in the area. He would never disobey an order, but he had to get to know this creatures better. "I realize this is a bad idea. But do you want to test these creatures out in a battle? Just for a bit. I mean, we received these electronics along with our GAOs, so they must have something to do with how they fight. At any rate, are either of you up for it?" he asked Logan and Jory. Keaton called for Sheriff to return, and she did so hesitantly. He didn't want to lose track of her while Axis would battle- if the guys wanted to.

As Lionel was talking to the cadet, suddenly one of the GAO's of the person that was under the dirt started charging at the rock-snake. "Wow, watch out!" Lionel called. "Buddy, do something!" The Slowpoke opened his eyes lazily, and blew a yawn to the face of the cadet's GAO, and made it fall asleep. "Well, that wasn't exactly what I ment, but well...thanks Buddy." Then he turned to the cadet running around trying to catch his other GAO. "Buddy, can you help here too?" But, yet again, Buddy was busy slacking off. "Oh great..."

Logan rubbed his stomach while Crush started chasing Nefertiti, who was hiding behind Jory. “Watch out he doesn’t tackle you too,” Logan said.

“Well, as long as Crush there doesn’t hurt my buddies. My name is Keaton. My GAOs are Axis and Sheriff. Or, rather, Baltoy and Vulpix.”

It was the cadet who addressed Logan earlier as ‘sir’. Logan shook his hand. “I’m Logan. This is Crush, my Squirtle. You may remember my other GAO, Chimchar. It was the fiery monkey stirring up trouble with the fake-Oak incident.”

Meanwhile Crush had reached Jory’s legs, trying to get to Nefertiti. He was about to succeed until it heard Keaton ask for a battle. The turtle immediately turned its head, which was noticed by Logan. “I’m up for it. But I have to warn you. I can only use Crush and I don’t have complete control over him. And according to Oak Crush has an advantage over your Sheriff. If Jory is up for a battle as well you should pick your opponent.”

Jory laughed at Nefertiti's antics, turning around and stroking the GAO's head. "Hey now, don't tease!" He then turned his attention back to Keaton and Logan, a concerned frown forming. "I'm not sure if I'm up for a battle, especially after seeing what happened to Erick's GAO. It's our responsibility to protect our partners, and right now the best way for us to do that is to receive proper instruction before setting them at each others' throats, you know?" he asked the other two, a little incredulous that they would even suggest something like that after watching the gruesome fight between Erick and Surge. Sampson looked at Jory curiously, blowing sparks out of his nostrils and standing at his trainer's side.

Erick and His only remaining GAO partner watched as the other Cadets engaged in various training activities with their Partners. He couldn't help but chuckle a little when Clint's partner, the giant rock snake, burst out of the ground and showered the former airforce pilot- Nathan, Erick beleived his name was, with dirt and stone. He chuckled a little more when one of nathan's partners, an orange lizard with a flaming tail, began to panick, running around in circles while spewing hot embers everywhere; A few patches of undergrowth were beginning to catch fire.

But the lizards panicked state got him thinking.

There must be some sort of system that took over when the old one fell to the virus... There has to be some order... some way to balance it all out in the way it is now...

He felt something probe inside his mind, and a moment later, Virtue's voice rang out in his mind.

Weakness.

It was so obvious now that he felt a bit silly for not figuring it out himself. He had seen as Logan's turtle creature had gone into the forest and come back with some grass, handing it to it's handler, and even before that, some of the GAOs had been noticeably spooked by the second Storm Encounter just a while ago, while others seemed to not be bothered at all by the massive amount of lightning and thunder, and yet he only now thought anything about it.

He looked down at virtue, the two of them hadn't moved since the incident with Lars and Clemont.

"So, what your saying is, there is a system that's in place for the new order, and that system has something to do with weaknesses?"

Virtue nodded her head.

"Well then, whats your weakness?"

Virtue looked around the clearing for a few moments, apparently trying to find an example for Erick. Finally, she laid her eyes on the Wolf-like GAO that had come back from the woods after being injured; it was still being looked at by it's handler, who apparently thought that there was still some serious injury to the animal.

"So you're weakness is... Canines...?"

Virtue shook her head

"No? then why are you-"

Erick was cut off by a strange sensation in his eyes, it was as if someone had seized control of them, and were now forcing him to look at the Wolf GAO on a far closer level. He had the feeling that this was Virtues doing...

"What are You... How...?"

Just... W-watc...h

Erick watched, and after a few seconds, he could see... strange colors and waves in the air, like almost a rainbow. There were dark waves of inky black flowing off the Wolf-GAO. He was still puzzled as to what this all meant

"What is that?"

Sighing in what sounded like dissapointment, Virtue undid whatever she had done to Erick's eyesight, and he was able to control it again, the colors and waves in the air vanished. He looked back down at her, only to see her now heading to a tree at the clearing, one that was shrouded in shadows of the near-noon sunlight.

she stoped a few feet away from it, then pointed at one of the many shadows at the trees base.

"shadows... and those waves coming of the.... Oh, I get it! You're weak to darkness?"

Virtue nodded.

Erick walked up next to her at the tree base.

"so what else are you weak to?"

Virtue Shrugged in response.

"Alright." said Erick, deciding to let the issue rest for now "Why don't you show me what you can do, besides what you've already done."

The ralts turned it's attention to two cadets who were conversing in the clearing; Logan and another man that Erick had yet to meet. Virtue's Eyes glowed with a heavy Scarlet hue, and she began concentrating hard. As Erick watched her. he began catching pieces of the conversation, which would have been impossible for him to hear, as the two were at least a good sixty or so feet away from him:

I’m Logan... Crush, my Sq... remember... Chimchar. It was t...onkey stirr....ak incident.”

Virtue's Eyes stopped glowing and she sat down on the hard packed earth, breathing heavily from the exertion.

"Well, I think that could be... useful... Is there anything else."

The ralts stared up at him, still breathing hard, looking a little irritated. Her eyes glowed once more and Erick gasped as a sudden stream of sudden thoughts and pain shoot through his head, bringing him to his knees, he clutched his head, much as how Lars had been clutching his. It lasts for about five seconds at the most, then the pain, along with the scrambled thoughts, dissapeared without a trace; he felt as fine as he had a few moments ago.

"W... what was that?"

Virtue gave no reply, just continued to sit there and watch the other teams from the shaded base of the tree. Erick figured that was enough for today, and took out Virtue's capsule, figuring that putting her back inside would allow her to get some rest. Virtue's head whipped around at the sound of the ball's click, and her eyes blazed as the capsule flew out of Erick's hand and landed on the ground next to Virtue. Erick, puzzled by her reaction, reached down and tried to retrieve it, only to see it fly away from his fingers when they got close. finally, though, he managed to get it back in his grasp. Virtue's eyes now showed a fear that had never been there before.

Finally, Erick got the message.

"You... don't like being inside this, do you?"

No...

Erick couldn't help but Scold himself

God, am I an idiot sometimes! she was human, after all, before she was turned. Of course she hates being inside this capsule thing, she has no freedom what so ever inside!

"Sorry about that, then..." Said Erick as he tucked the ball back into his jacket's pocket. He walked over and sat beside the Ralts.

"tell you what then, I'll try and keep you out of it every day for as long as I can. How does that sound?"

Virtue nodded her head cheerfully, relieved at this proposed alternative to the captivity of the capsule.

"Alright then. we have an agreement."

As much as Keaton wanted to get to know his GAO's prowess in battle, Jory had a valid point. He had no idea what his partners were capable of doing. "I suppose you're right. How did you get to know their skills? By accident? Or.. Something else?" Keaton didn't know what their attacks were. Axis could probably throw mud at his opponents, but he didn't know if it could do much else. And Sheriff must have had something to do with heat and flame. Even when he sent her out, the sun seemed to shine a little brighter.
Keaton turned to Sheriff. "Sheriff, can you specifically do anything... Supernatural?" At this, she simply spewed a small flame from her mouth on the ground, instantly dying out. He raised his eyebrows. "Nice... I guess that's why you don't do well with water." Mentioning this, however, seemed to tick her off. She turned away, spewing more embers before laying back in the sun.

*Meanwhile, Oak and Ray's Phone call to the lab is wrapping up...*

"Ok, And you're sure the new fail safes will work?"

"Excellent, be sure to keep a close eye on the Phantom Wyrm..." (//OCC: Phantom Wyrm... What could that be?... Hmmm....)

With that, Oak turned off the Cell phone and slid it back in his pocket.

"We wont speak of this any further until we are back in the Facility, Agreed?" Proposed Ray, who was now scratching Salem under the chin.

"Agreed." Replied Oak

Just then, Ray's cell began to ring. He picked it up, It was General McCarthy on the other end.

"Yes, sir... Another one? What, he just passed the test? well, How long was he in there?"

"I see..."

"But, Sir... We've already selected the members for Surge's Squad..."

"What? Sergeant Tucker is where?.... I see, then that means his spot will technically be vacant for the time being..."

"Very well then, We will place him in and pair him with suitable partners..."

Ray clicked the phone shut and turned to Oak, still scrathing Salem's chin

"Well, It seems that... Tucker has been injured by a suspected Conspirator. they give him an estimated full recovery in Three to Six monthes, And they'll be keeping him in the Med wing here at base instead of discharging him."

"And what was that I heard about another Cadet arriving?"

"Oh, right. The name is Kenneth Holmes. Apparently he got in the Recruitment process the same time as everyone else in the Squad, but for some reason, he only just passed the final test a few minutes ago. They've decided to place him in Tucker's slot on the team until he recovers."

(//OCC: And NO, this does not mean that Kenneth will be second in command to Surge, he's more of just a place holder for Tucker)

"Ok, well, when does he arrive?"

"This Evening is what they estimated, an hour or two before dinner is served. You have any Ideas on what to give him?"

"No, We'll have to look at his Personnel report first. And then there's still the matter of replacing the fallen GAOs of Erick and Surge."

"Right, well, I think Surge can wait a while longer, but as for Erick, let's see what we have that isn't already assigned..."

It was then that Ray's cell rang again

"Yes..."

"What, How?! Thats... that is biologically impossible..."

*The sounds of a fight can be heard from the cell speaker, the howls of a canine and some strange metal on metal sound.*

"Alright... Weak to Fire, is it?"

"Alrighty then, get that thing in a capsule, and we'll give it to freeman as his replacement partner..."

Ray once again fliped the device shut.

"Problem solved?" Asked Oak

"Yes," Said Ray "Somehow, the virus... We're guessing a spider or something crawled into one of the machines in the lab... The Virus transformed it, and... It somehow... Fused with the Machinery, actually, here, he sent me a picture..."

Ray pulled out the phone again and showed Oak

*Back to the clearing*

Edited by Legendaries tamer

*a few minutes earlier, in Syracuse, NY*

as Kenneth read the words, he was reminded of what had happened to his terrier when the virus first struck. it had turned into a much larger, reddish-orange tigerlike-canine after being engulfed in white light, and he'd then called the Police to inform them of what had just occurred.

Well, i've got nothing to lose. i may as well get this done with.

"I, Kenneth Holmes, Hereby accept these conditions."

now, to- oh my goodness! that was unexpected!

*Back to the clearing*

*Kenneth is taken through the standard procedure of being taken to his living place and being allowed to pack one bag, then put onto a chopper and begins the several hours-long flight to bexly, expected to arrive shortly before dinner. Nothing more will be spoken of the matter until then*

Ray and Oak Walked back over to the group.

"Looks like a battle might be brewing..." Said Ray as he and Oak watched as Logan, Jory, and Keaton all conversed

"Good." Said Oak "That's the entire point of this study, Remeber?"

"should we move it along, it seems that they might be deciding against it..."

"No, no... Let their curiosity take over in it's own time... They'll battle eventually, if only to see what their Partners are capable of..."

Oak and Ray walked away from their Observation of the Trio, and began heading in Erick's direction.

Ray spoke to Oak as they walked

"Well, might as well tell him now, since we just found a replacement partner..."

Erick sat there listening as Oak explained the fate of his Piplup, and that he was to be distributed a new partner tomorrow morning.

"Alright then... But, that lab complication, what was it?"

Ray Answered.

"One of the machines... Malfunctioned, Piplup's condition was worsened by it as a result..."

Ray thought about it for a moment...

That GAO that was just subdued in the lab... It looked alot like a vital part of the machine that piplup was... OH. Well, isn't this ironic...

"Anyways, You'll recieve a new GAO tomorrow. Why don't you get to know our friend here in the mean time" Said Ray, Nodding to Virtue...

"Already done..." Answered Erick as the two officials began walking away...

It...was... looking... for y-you...

The message was sudden and unexpected. He snapped his attention to Virtue.

"What are you talking about, Genisa...?"

It... Storm... Encounter.

"Wait, You think it was LOOKING for me?"

Genisa, Virtue, Gave no reply, just continued to watch the Cadets and their partners train, seemingly as if the exchange just now hadn't happened...

Clint watched as Nathan's small lizard creature was put to sleep by the lazy hippo like creature, and instantly began laughing hysterically. "Man, I take back what I said earlier about that thing bein' weak, it just took out that lil' lizard by yawnin' on him!" he managed to make out between chuckles, "Uhh, but look Nathan, why don't ya just ya know call ya fire lizard back into his container, that'll get him to stop."

As Sid recovers from his paralysis after a nice rest, he manages himself to get back to the camp where it seems all the cadets were there.

Sid was surprised of all the GAO roaming around the field along with their trainers, as he and Shinx walks to find a nice spot. Shinx being playful not looking where he his going bump into the Giant Rock snake, Shinx face's was petrified as the Giant rock snake standing tall, he run towards behind Sid' pants in fear, "What's gotten into peep squeak? i didn't raise you to be scared" as Shinx pointed with his tail while its face down with its paws in its head, he notices Clint's GAO was the cause of this. he confronted Clint surrounded by the other cadets "Hey bub, what's the big idea!? why don't you keep away that rock thing off my little buddy over here. " as Sid is on Shinx's side without knowing the weakness policy and Shinx fault.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Nathan mentally slapped himself. Of course. He pulled out the capsule from earlier. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed the button at the scrambling GAO and pressed it. The Pokemon turned into a red light and seemed to flow back into the capsule. "Alright then," he said out loud. The pilot then walked over to the now-sleeping blue lizard. Y'know, you're kind of cute. Nathan picked up Bagon and started idly petting its head. It felt as solid as rock, but the critter seemed to enjoy it. "What should I call you, anyway. . .?"

"Hey bub, what's the big idea!? why don't you keep away that rock thing off my little buddy over here. "

Logan's little outburst turned Clint's attention away from Nathan recalling his flaming lizard. "Man, you can't be serious ya punk, it ain't my fault big pimpin' over here is too tough for ya lil' pipsqueak." Clint knew Sid's type, he grew up around them his whole life, he knew if he gave them the time of day he'd be the first to take advantage of him. "Why don't ya keep on walkin' ya damn con-man, real men are talkin' here."

Sid's frustration got the best of him as he was only defending Shinx " talkin' big are we now? look all i want is an apology bub, then you can go back your little tea party over here." as Shinx was being playful with Lionel's GAO pink purple hippo's (slowpoke) tail nibbling on it.

"An apology?!? For what? Standin' where he was before you decided to stroll on over, please ya gotta be kiddin' me." Clint was fuming now his fists were clenched and his face was starting to turn red, he didn't do anything wrong this time every other time something had been messed up was arguably his fault, if anyone had the right to be mad at Onix it was Nathan and yet here was Sid demanding an apology for his Onix simply being out of it's container. "Look punk, I'll give you an apology when you can tell me what exactly me or big pimpin' did wrong and don't worry I'll wait."

Nathan noticed a commotion between Clint and another recruit. He walked over, Bagon still in hand, and told them both off. "If you two idiots don't cut this out now, I'll sit you BOTH down, and I don't need any animals to help me do so." The former pilot glared at each one in turn. "You're both forgetting three important things. One. You're in the military. You're not civilians any more, so stop acting like them. Two. This is extremely classified. People who mess up classified things go away. Forever. Three, and this is the most important. You're part of a squad. Squadmates don't do this shit. You've gotta trust the guy behind you, and not think of how badly you want his face rearranged. Otherwise, everyone goes down in a fireball."