So, you wanna play Pokemon Reborn...

Timber Dragon

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't found much of this post true so far myself. I found ample ability to grind and cradily or whatever it is called completely failed to block the obvious grass counter of bug.

Kricketune I'm guessing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of the toughest Pokemon games and proves a much bigger challenge then the mainstream games from Game Freak. We need more Pokemon games like this for the players who want a challenge and not breeze through the game amazing job Amethyst.

Edited by Cgamer12

Doesn't really help since I don't know how to check happiness XD is it somewhere later in the game? I'm challenging the thunder gym right now so. But I did know just didn't know if it was changed.

You can do some hair grooming at a saloon at obsidia ward, unlocked right after the first gym. There's also a lady to check your pokémon's happiness there.

You know your budew is about to evolve when she says: "Your bond seems unbreakable". Don't forget the daylight. Budew does not evolve after sunset.

Well, first time reading this post..... It's right..... I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm that chick from 50 Shades and Reborn is that mr. Gray.

• Global Mods

With the exception of a few Gym Leaders (especially Serra) and Aster & Eclipse during the last two battles, I actually haven't found it to be nightmarishly difficult like it is for a lot of people. There are specific battles that have really given me problems, and they have some excellent teams and type coverage, but team matchups and understanding how the field effects work do play a large role in how difficult an opponent will be.

Then again, I have 4 Pokemon (training my 5th) and have pretty much been ignoring the level cap because being below or just barely on par with the NPCs' levels makes me feel insecure and vulnerable, and I'm willing to sacrifice complete obedience for self-confidence. So I probably take out Pokemon quicker than most people and take less damage per hit. The four I've gone through the game with so far are at 82-83, which is also where I intend to get my new team member (Gourgeist) before the next episode.

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

With the exception of a few Gym Leaders (especially Serra) and Aster & Eclipse during the last two battles, I actually haven't found it to be nightmarishly difficult like it is for a lot of people. There are specific battles that have really given me problems, and they have some excellent teams and type coverage, but team matchups and understanding how the field effects work do play a large role in how difficult an opponent will be.

Then again, I have 4 Pokemon (training my 5th) and have pretty much been ignoring the level cap necause being below or just barely on par with the NPCs' levels makes me feel insecure and vulnerable, and I'm willing to sacrifice complete obedience for self-confidence. So I probably take out Pokemon quicker than most people and take less damage per hit. The four I've gone through the game with so far are at 82-83, which is also where I intend to get my new team member (Gourgeist) before the next episode.

What is your team and...

That seems weird to train, as half the time they shouldn't be listening to you...

Although, while facing Aya two of my Pokemon turned 46, and then I told them to use a move, the system said they disobeyed, but they still used the right move and helped me win. So not sure about it.

• Global Mods

What is your team and...

That seems weird to train, as half the time they shouldn't be listening to you...

Although, while facing Aya two of my Pokemon turned 46, and then I told them to use a move, the system said they disobeyed, but they still used the right move and helped me win. So not sure about it.

My team right now is Delphox, Ampharos, Sylveon, Scrafty, and Gourgeist-in-training.

Yeah, sometimes they disobey and use the move anyway. When that happens, there's a chance they'll use the move successfully and a chance nothing happens and the game says "But there was no target..." There are other disobedience messages where the Pokemon don't do anything, though, and sometimes (very rarely for me, though) they take a nap.

If it works like the main series games, they should become more disobedient the higher you rise above the level cap, so it shouldn't be too bad if you're only a couple levels above.

I know because one time in HeartGold, I tried to cheat by trading a Lv. 81 Articuno over and figuring I would eventually get lucky and kill the opponent before they even got anywhere close.

I lost to the first Rocket Grunt I saw.

Edited by BreezyPonie

In response to shofu failing to beat Charlotte...

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-03%20at%209.05.3

Reborn, it's not for everyone......

'If you can't stand the heat, get out of Charlotte's Gym'

One of the major problems here is that Shofu's team is truly awful, and that accentuates the game's difficulty. If he had a competent team he would not be having nearly as much trouble.

Edited by Mighty Kamina