So, you wanna play Pokemon Reborn...

Timber Dragon

If the goal is to avoid Pokemon that are considered too good then why are speed boost torchic and protean froakie available as starters? Their hidden abilities (mainly torchic's) should be disabled until a later part in the game to prevent people from using them as crutches.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the goal is to avoid Pokemon that are considered too good then why are speed boost torchic and protean froakie available as starters? Their hidden abilities (mainly torchic's) should be disabled until a later part in the game to prevent people from using them as crutches.

Actually the goal is too make the players of reborn use pkmn they haven't considered, there is little problem wih he player having a strong mon however some pkmn are so strong they make other pkmn irrelevant (because they are too strong). So having a strong mon here and there is not a problem. Also the frog tends to dissapoint in my opinion because it has a poor natural movepool.

I've wondered this too, but I think Ame said that she didn't want to lock out all of the starters' hidden abilities, nor did she want to create corner cases only for Torchic/Froakie/Chimchar. So she just bit the bullet and accepted that certain overpowered starters would be available from the beginning of the game.

Ah, memories of my first playthrough of this game. I was such a noob back then, having only played one of two of the offical games. I'd never guess that when my brother handed me that memory pin it would both contain my worst nightmare and a life changing experience.

Reborn has taught me so much: not only about how to play Pokémon properly, but also about how to create a good story with good characters and world-building beyond amazing. Such a nice lession to have learned. It's so funny now to play other fan-games/ROMs who try to make Pokémon adult and serious, but fall flat on their faces.

I love that Reborn punched me in the face. I love that Reborn dipped my head in a bucket and used me as a mop. I love that it is what it is. Let's all thank Amethyst and wish her good luck with future episodes ~

it's called pokemon reborn because you're being born directly into hell. first you came out of your mother, and now you're being launched out of an exploding train. welcome to the world of pokemon

Edited by crytype