Timber Dragon

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, one thing:

Ame, this was a joke. >:I

although it's not "exactly" like that.

Personally I think it's fantastic that it's worked out this way. Gives us another neat little story, and lets Magikarp be put back in the place it belongs.

• 4 weeks later...

One problem I saw with this story was the fact that Victoria left you hung out to dry. She's there as one of your three major rivals (Cain and Fern the other two) and she is a genuine person I would want to be around IRL because of how caring, loving, and friendly she is - stopping you from hurting yourself and being there for you. She balances out Cain's sexual inneuendo and Fern's real asshole attitude (seriously, he's like Silver on a level).

Second problem I have with this game is a lack of cheerful moments. I know this game is supposed to be dark and whatnot, but after Victoria was ripped away from the story, I found the story depressing with all the harrowing events - i.e - Corey suicide (and Shelly watching Corey fall with a splat), Cal burning Shelly, Eclipse getting her soul drained, Kiki getting thrown in lava, etc.

Problems aside, love this fricking game aside from the atmosphere. A reserve team serves you so damn well. Trained up a Hariyama for that motherf-ing Cradily of Florina's and wrecked it second try.You also gotta think outside the box to win many battles, like teaching my tanky Noivern Rain Dance to defeat Charlotte and override her Ninetales' Drought.

Wish the updates would come a little quicker, but I understand that Ame and everyone has a job and they gotta work for a living. Also as a message to Ame: bring back Lucario, freakin hung me out to dry when that happened in ep 11.

Happy trails.

Second problem I have with this game is a lack of cheerful moments. I know this game is supposed to be dark and whatnot, but after Victoria was ripped away from the story, I found the story depressing with all the harrowing events - i.e - Corey suicide (and Shelly watching Corey fall with a splat), Cal burning Shelly, Eclipse getting her soul drained, Kiki getting thrown in lava, etc.

Problems aside, love this fricking game aside from the atmosphere.

Cheerful moments? What are those? But really Reborn is not about friendship&love (like the main series) imo, i like this game because of the "dark atmosphere" so may i ask why you like it?

New to Reborn and loving every moment of it! Just read Timber's and it's 10000% spot on. And Fern.... -must resist urge to kill- .... is motherfking Fern I guess. A satirical take on the asshole rival cranked up to 1000 in my opinion.

You know Timber Dragon, you actually SHOULD put the bit about Gyrados back in the description. That way noobs will spend who knows how long looking for Magikarp and it'll be hilarious.

Then again, it would mean the forums here would get absolutely spammed by said noobs asking for how to get it...

i actualy dont have that much of a problem with fern. yeah sure i wanna punch him in the face sometimes but most videogames i get attached to,playing them makes me feel like im reading a book. and everybody is a charecter and they've got their part they need to play. fern's part just happend to be the douche. lol XD and idk my reasoning is weird. best charecter thou in the game,my opion is cain. he's gay or maybe bi (idk) he's flippin halrious and he's cute.

I thougth of something, like every gymleader has a stratergy agains the type that we always think has the best chanse. Like Carlotte, you wan't to use a water type against a fire gym. But no, the field weakens your attack or makes the do something else, and the gymleaders pokemons have super effectiv moves against you, solarbeam in a sunyday effect. Then you think what else, maybe rock and ground, well yes. But that solarbeam. Just think if all of her mons had solarbeam. Only way to win would be luck and sturdy. I belive Ame gives us so much murcy that we never knew we got.
But I most say Samson was to easy, an 62 lv Emolga swept him. So a littel to much murcy.

I thougth of something, like every gymleader has a stratergy agains the type that we always think has the best chanse. Like Carlotte, you wan't to use a water type against a fire gym. But no, the field weakens your attack or makes the do something else, and the gymleaders pokemons have super effectiv moves against you, solarbeam in a sunyday effect. Then you think what else, maybe rock and ground, well yes. But that solarbeam. Just think if all of her mons had solarbeam. Only way to win would be luck and sturdy. I belive Ame gives us so much murcy that we never knew we got.

But I most say Samson was to easy, an 62 lv Emolga swept him. So a littel to much murcy.

Really, if it weren't for field effects, Charlotte wouldn't be that difficult. That's what makes Reborn uniquely difficult.

Really, if it weren't for field effects, Charlotte wouldn't be that difficult. That's what makes Reborn uniquely difficult.

Honestly, Charlotte was a cake walk for me. I rain danced turn one with Greninja to destroy the field and prevent solar beams, then Pyroar got an extra bonus to STAB normal moves, and Archeops and Flygon cleaned up with rock slide. Aced it in one try.

Although I am that strange exception that had to train up new members for Samson because 5/6 of my team was weak to fighting. I sweep through the hard gyms and get stuck on the easy ones. xD

Edited by AuthorReborn

Krookodile easily sweeps charlotte if you have something else out too to take her solarbeams.

Heh, this is all too true. But honestly, I've been using nothing but pokemon I like, and I can say I'm doing quite fine.

Delphox is amazing. Seriously. Especially when you get Grass Knot and can kick rock, water, and ground type pokemon's asses. Will-O-Wisp helped with Arceus and Abra (I couldn't touch Garchomp, though, that thing was too fast). I can easily say that I'm not regretting choosing this pokemon as my starter so far.

Shiny Pidgeot! Granted, it's not the strongest pokemon ever, but it can take hits pretty well and heal with Roost whenever something threatens to bring it down.

I trained Noivern mostly because of the Gen.6 hype and the fact that it's the only dragon pokemon you can obtain early on. Turns out I won't be regretting this, either, because of Super Fang, which means that when I want to catch a pokemon, I don't have to risk killing it, and bulky pokemon aren't really much of a problem anymore... I know I'm a noob looking for ways to make my experience in this game a bit easier T-T (did I mention that Noivern also has Roost?)

Sharpedo isn't exactly one of my biggest favorites, but I liked it enough and I needed something for the rock gym. :P

And my newest addition: Rotom! I haven't really gotten to test this thing's potention, but it has Substitute, and hex (to be combined with Delphox's Will-O-Wisp), so I have a feeling this guy is going to be at least decent.

Gyarados? What Gyarados? I have a Magikarp sitting in my PC, I think. :P

At any rate, I have to train some extra pokemon. I might consider Gyarados if this thing really is as amazing as people say it is. And Absol. I just don't like training pokemon I don't really like...but I like Gyarados enough.

Gyarados? What Gyarados? I have a Magikarp sitting in my PC, I think. :P

HERESY!!!

But really Gyarados is awesome and can solo almost everything in the game this far (even Gym Leaders) so if you have it give it a try, you'll never go back to those other puny Pokemon (except Metagross he's awesome too)