Out of curiosity, is there any documentation with new levelup movesets for the changes to Pokemon? I know at least most of it is following their most recent data, but I have noticed some changes (Growlithe having Guard Dog as an ability and Mareanie having Toxic Debris, Hisuian Samurott and Electrode not learning Ceaseless Edge and Chloroblast upon evolution, etc).

On 6/21/2023 at 3:13 AM, DmonBlu said:

Guys what is this "NameError"? And how to fix it? I do not have a clue about programming so please if you can, show me explicitly, step-by-step guide about fixing it (or you can just give me the changed file lol). Thanks in advanced!

errorlog.txt 1.09 kB · 4 downloads

here, open the data folder, then mods folder, remove the swm choose starter rb

Edited: If you still want to use that, try this, it works for me

SWM - ChooseStarter.rb

Edited by Chrisna Satria

I've noticed that CandyExcess from Aironfaar's Miscellaneous Modular Mods doesn't seem to be working for me. The only other mod I use aside from those you listed in Compatible mods that are common or favourably used (should work 99%) is the E-19 Battle Music Pack, but I tried playing without it (well, I replaced the trainertypes.dat with the one from the patch to look and see), so I don't think that's whats messing with it... I'm in the Glass Workstation, idk if that helps. - Oh, and I reused the Sunkern Switcher too, so I'm clueless.

Anyone know if it's just a me thing?

58 minutes ago, DiamonDustFlurry said:

I want to add unofficial regional variants like Aevian Milotic in rejuvenation but I'm having issues merging it and still having the background be transparent, what program do y'all recommend that I use to combine sprites so that they match the reborn style? 

Are you already put that the sprite on graphics folder? 

12 hours ago, elixirmaster said:

I've noticed that CandyExcess from Aironfaar's Miscellaneous Modular Mods doesn't seem to be working for me. The only other mod I use aside from those you listed in Compatible mods that are common or favourably used (should work 99%) is the E-19 Battle Music Pack, but I tried playing without it (well, I replaced the trainertypes.dat with the one from the patch to look and see), so I don't think that's whats messing with it... I'm in the Glass Workstation, idk if that helps. - Oh, and I reused the Sunkern Switcher too, so I'm clueless.

Anyone know if it's just a me thing?

Do you have the dependency file for that mod? It is AMB - MonkeyPatched_PokeBattle_Battle_pbGainEXP.rb

Looking further, the code for the excess candy is in the second file, and the first just tells the second that its okay to give the candy. It also only works if you have the EXP Share or EXP All on, if I am reading it right.

Edited by Nickd91
More Information
  • Fixed 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:04 AM, DmonBlu said:

Hello anybody here knows where to get a Capsakid? It says Obsidia Ward in the "guide" but I fail to find one anywhere in the ward, despite spamming the Magnetic Lure for the last 8 hours...

Should be in the Obsidia Park at night. If you're post-restoration, it will instead be Scovillain.

New Update! ~ Links on front page updated!

v2.0a

-Booster Energy now one time use, and can be bought infinitely from the Hiker (thanks to Valentine @discord)
-Triple Arrows now has an Animation (Sinister Arrow Raid)
-Aura Wheel properly increases Speed now
-Fixed some positionings of Sprites during battle
-Fixed Tidy Up
-Gigaton Hammer fixed when used by AI
-Pika Papow and Veevee Volley added + Animations (Parnter Pokemon signature moves)
-Partner Pokemon can now be chosen as Starters via Passwords: partner, lgp, lge, partnerpoke
-Added Events for Treasures of Ruin Pokemon -> Talk to Elias after finishing Victini Quest to initiate the Event
-Randomizer partly functional -> Moves show issues when choosing type/pp randomizing for moves

i recommend downloading the full mod when a big update comes around! ~

(this will also fix the issue with hisuian forms mega evolving which was fixed a while ago)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 3:49 AM, Fervis said:

New Update! ~ Links on front page updated!

v2.0a

-Booster Energy now one time use, and can be bought infinitely from the Hiker (thanks to Valentine @discord)
-Triple Arrows now has an Animation (Sinister Arrow Raid)
-Aura Wheel properly increases Speed now
-Fixed some positionings of Sprites during battle
-Fixed Tidy Up
-Gigaton Hammer fixed when used by AI
-Pika Papow and Veevee Volley added + Animations (Parnter Pokemon signature moves)
-Partner Pokemon can now be chosen as Starters via Passwords: partner, lgp, lge, partnerpoke
-Added Events for Treasures of Ruin Pokemon -> Talk to Elias after finishing Victini Quest to initiate the Event
-Randomizer partly functional -> Moves show issues when choosing type/pp randomizing for moves

i recommend downloading the full mod when a big update comes around! ~

(this will also fix the issue with hisuian forms mega evolving which was fixed a while ago)

Working:

* Aura Wheel, Tidy Up, Pika Papow, Veevee Volley

* Treasures of Ruin, by flipping switch 2282

* AI didn't try to Gigaton Hammer twice anymore (at least in the short Wild Battle test I did via debug)

* Victory Road spirit quest giver provides Booster Energies (Red-dressed hiker); additionally, Booster Energy works as it should

* "partner" password works

* Regionals no longer are able to mega evolve with base mega stones

Not Working:

* Triple Arrows still has the placeholder animation for me

* Treasures of Ruin without flipping the switch manually (Tested on my Monoflying, which was on the T4 postgame. I finished the Victini quest and it didn't trip the switch. Eventually, I'll try testing on a save file that isn't at T4 yet. The closest one is my Monowater on T2, so it might be a bit.)

Edit: Not working on the Monowater, either.

* Regieleki still refuses to go away after being caught

* Pikachus are a bit wonky; their forms are offset by 1, each of them (e.g. pre-update, Libre Pikachu was Form 5, I think, while it's Form 6 post-update); not difficult to fix with debug, though

* I'm getting the same error with Hail that Ergast is getting

Haven't Checked:

* Randomizer (I've never done one of these runs)

* I don't pay attention to spriting placement issues generally, so I'm not likely to notice any changes here

5 minutes ago, Ancient -StS- said:

The last patch seemed to do something weird with the Pikachu abilities. It seems like the ability for every Pikachu form, from base to GMax to partner to cosplay, all had their abilities shifted over to the next (Libre got Triage, PhD got Huge Power, etc.)

Not just abilities; the appearance, too (for me, at least). I think it's just that, in the files, forms are defined by a given number, and which number went with which Pikachu form was shifted by one.

After the last update, I'm having this error against Serra.

[Pokemon Reborn e19.16]
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbHitsPhysicalStat?' for #<PokeBattle_AI:0x000001c6bedbbe70 @battle=#<PokeBattle_Battle:0x000001c6bdf7be00 @battle=#<PokeBattle_Battle:0x000001c6bdf7be00 ...>, @scene=#<PokeBattle_Scene:0x000001c6bdf7bf40 @battle=#<PokeBattle_Battle:0x000001c6bdf7be00 ...>, @lastcmd=[0, 0, 0, 0], @lastmove=[0, 0, 0, 0], @pkmnwindows=[nil, nil, nil, nil], @sprites={"battlebg"=>#<AnimatedPlane:0x000001c6beda9630 @__sprite=#<Sprite:0x000001c6beda9608 @resizedX=0, @resizedY=0, @resizedOx=0, @resize
PokeBattle_AI_2:9841:in `pbRoughDamage'
PokeBattle_AI_2:9205:in `checkAIMovePlusDamage'
PokeBattle_AI_2:9224:in `checkAIdamage'
PokeBattle_AI_2:308:in `buildMoveScores'
PokeBattle_AI_2:138:in `block in processAIturn'
PokeBattle_AI_2:121:in `each'
PokeBattle_AI_2:121:in `processAIturn'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:3414:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'
PokeBattle_Battle:3737:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3526:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartBattleCore'
PBDebug:4:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:3525:in `block in pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3515:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:3515:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3298:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers:394:in `block (2 levels) in pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonField:679:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonTrainers:393:in `block in pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonField:1013:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:392:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:243:in `eval'
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:673:in `command_111'
Interpreter:311:in `execute_command'

It always happens after she brings her alolan ninetales, so I suspect it is because of Hail.

Edit: Or maybe it some interaction between anything her alolan ninetales has and the mirror field, because in another save, my own alolan ninetales doesn't give me any problems.

Edit2: Her field doesn't matter, I've broken it and whenever her ninetales appear, I still have the same error.

Edit3: Yeah, it's hail, when the cpu uses it. Or at least, with Snow Warning. In another save I've debugged a fight against Nature Girl Ellen, and when one of her pokemon has Snow Warning, it gives me the same error.

Edit4: If I bring a pokemon that can change the weather, I can finish the battle, so it is specifically Hail when the cpu brings it to the field.

Edited by Ergast
Extra info

Okay so this mod needs an absurd amount of balancing involved. Certain fights are now TOO DIFFICULT, especially the mid game fights I wish the NORMAL fights would stay the way they are, instead of having many game-defining abilities changed especially Guard Dog Arcanine like seriously? Why? 

Cam xa ham nita for the work you guys did good but come one, dont change abilities so randomly! Like if I pick the normal story mode then I expect normal story fights, and I can stomp noob AI with my Gen 9 pokemons but now apparently these guys have Gen 9 abilities also and certain mons are ridiculously broken. Also please atleast write out which old pokemons have their abilities changed and get rid of Guard Dog on Arcanine. That shit makes no senses for me like why?

10 hours ago, DmonBlu said:

Okay so this mod needs an absurd amount of balancing involved. Certain fights are now TOO DIFFICULT, especially the mid game fights I wish the NORMAL fights would stay the way they are, instead of having many game-defining abilities changed especially Guard Dog Arcanine like seriously? Why? 

Cam xa ham nita for the work you guys did good but come one, dont change abilities so randomly! Like if I pick the normal story mode then I expect normal story fights, and I can stomp noob AI with my Gen 9 pokemons but now apparently these guys have Gen 9 abilities also and certain mons are ridiculously broken. Also please atleast write out which old pokemons have their abilities changed and get rid of Guard Dog on Arcanine. That shit makes no senses for me like why?

If you are finding the game too difficult to enjoy, I would suggest using passwords. In particular, "litemode" reduces enemies' IVs and EVs to zero, "flatevs" makes them all have 85 EVs in every stat (as a sort of medium difficulty), "fullivs" makes every Pokémon you catch have 31 IVs in every stat, "gen2mode" lets you have 252 EVs in every stat, and "percentlevel" changes all enemy trainers' levels to the percent specified (e.g. "percentlevel", then "95" sets trainers' Pokémon to 95% of their original levels).

12 hours ago, DmonBlu said:

Im pretty sure you can use sunkern npc to switch battles to vanilla

On 6/29/2023 at 7:07 AM, DmonBlu said:

these guys have Gen 9 abilities also and certain mons are ridiculously broken. Also please atleast write out which old pokemons have their abilities changed and get rid of Guard Dog on Arcanine. That shit makes no senses for me like why?

Arcanine does not have Guard Dog! only growlithe does (cause of police dog etc)

Please list me the broken abilities on older mons you encountered! I can see what I can do to revert them if necessary!

On 6/28/2023 at 12:58 AM, Saslen said:

Not just abilities; the appearance, too (for me, at least). I think it's just that, in the files, forms are defined by a given number, and which number went with which Pikachu form was shifted by one.

due to the bug with Pikachu not evolving to Alolan version i had to adjust the form list of Pikachus partner forms -> i had to push them all one up, so if you had a libre pikachu it will most likely be a popstar pikachu! though you can easily change their appearances back at the dresser or via debug.

(please also take a look if the sprites of pikachu also changed in the graphics folder! this might be the reason for a swap between abilities.)

On 6/28/2023 at 12:23 PM, Ergast said:

It always happens after she brings her alolan ninetales, so I suspect it is because of Hail.

i will look at the error immediately!

Edit: Already found the issue, i will update later today!

• Like 1