Update is out! ~

• aforementioned things were fixed / implemented!
  • paradox event implemented: after catching all spirits in victory road, talk again to the hiker. afterwards when entering the victory road, on the left and right side should be new sparkly entrances to the event!
  • regarding the galarian feather: LUMI in the nighclub will give it to you after you caught the birds! (at least the moment she mentions articuno)

i will see if i somehow alter the not implemented abilities or get them to work with the help of others!

also: its been a very long while, so i recommend downloading the whole game again rather than the patch

HOWEVER, do make backups of you older download. It seemed there were some upload issues last time i tried that presumably led to missing data in that download. I didn't get any errors as of right now, but do be careful. 

• Like 4

Brute Bonnet is trapped behind a root. It's too far to actually come into contact with it. All other Paradox acquisitions are working just fine for me.

Spoiler

image.png.418a76ae1f9b04aa3efb41d08e76c154.png

Edit: I was able to get the Galarian Feather with no problems.

Edited by Saslen
  • Haha 1

I would like to mention that the Paradoxes' movepools are not yet fully filled out. Specifically, it looks like they're missing TM moves. As an example, when I was planning on making a Baton Pass-based Scream Tail build, I noticed that it was unable to learn Baton Pass, Calm Mind, or Bulk Up, all of which are on its TM list on Bulbapedia.

Edit: Also, I got a bug when I tried to look at Iron Hands in the Pokedex. I'm assuming the problem occurs with other Paradox Pokemon entries, as well.

Edit 2: Occurred with Scream Tail, too.

Edit 3: The bug does not affect Koraidon or Miraidon.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.763b4c4fa3aee06f3edf42861e517367.png

Edited by Saslen

I have a question. Is Steel Roller suposed to not break fields like "Desert" or "Dragon's den"? It does break things like the grass terrain made from grassy surge and it does say that it only breaks non permanent fields so at first I just didn't give any thoughts beyond "yep, I know which steel move my metagross is going to rock", but I'd prefer to confirm it, just in case, because on one hand, having a 130 power 100 accuracy move with no conditions or penalties on physical powerhouses like metagross sounds too powerful, but, to be honest, having access to a move that deletes fields on demand also sounds quite broken, but we have things like grassy surge to just do that (more or less) so...

16 hours ago, Alejandro said:

I was playing around with Debug and I got this issue:

Hide contents

1769508608_IMG_07614522.thumb.jpg.cfd14d12175e4283ff59635edfd73fc6.jpg

I never had this issue before and the PBS file seems fine so I don't know what went wrong.

Try open pokemon.txt with Notepadd ++ ---> codification ----> UTF-8

On 4/4/2023 at 10:00 AM, Ergast said:

I have a question. Is Steel Roller suposed to not break fields like "Desert" or "Dragon's den"?

yeah steel roller is kind of in a tight spot. It does indeed destroy non permanent fields, but is still usable in many areas due to reborns permanent fields. 

I consider reducing its BP to balance it a bit, as you said its kinda over the top with so high damage.

On 4/3/2023 at 12:10 AM, Saslen said:

Also, I got a bug when I tried to look at Iron Hands in the Pokedex. I'm assuming the problem occurs with other Paradox Pokemon entries, as well.

Spoiler

9cf2ea64edb89106851be24c2a158d5d.png

it works on my end though :x

regarding the tm movepool, i'm working on it right now!

15 hours ago, Digger said:

Speaking of Chesnaught, Bulletproof failed to protect mine against shadow ball just now in the battle against Ace in byxbysion ( Mismagius used it ), so something seems off with that ability as of now.

i will see what i can do!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, Fervis said:

yeah steel roller is kind of in a tight spot. It does indeed destroy non permanent fields, but is still usable in many areas due to reborns permanent fields. 

I consider reducing its BP to balance it a bit, as you said its kinda over the top with so high damage.

It already has 5 PP, so if you reduce it even more, it would become completely useless outside of maybe a boss fight where you can go to teach it back to your mon. And let's be honest, with the powercreep gen 9 brought, I hardly consider it out of place. Bitter blade, Rage Fist, Last Respects, Ice Spinner, Make it Rain, Lumina Crash, Torch Song... all of them incredibly powerful moves with barely any penalty (well, Make it Rain HAS a penalty, but it is lower than the usual penalty for that kind of power and accuracy).

Maybe reduce the power of Steel Roller to 100-110, if you want to nerf it somehow? It's still usable in pretty much every fight in the game, and having 5 pps means that you can't really spam it.

Edit: Following with the reporting of new attacks that I'm noticing old pokemon can learn since gen 9gen8, aparently, Eevee got two new shiny egg moves to play with, Double Kick and Mud-slap. Yeah, I know, not gamebreaking, but they are nice moves to inherit for some of the eeveelutions, specially if you want to give yourself an eevee for a new playthrough, but without decking it to kingdom's come with endgame moves.

Edited by Ergast

Protosynthesis and Quark drive aren't working for me, I even debugged a booster energy and the ability still wont activate. It didn't activate in any of the paradox battles and when I caught the paradox mons it wouldn't activate in trainer battles and wild encounters either. (That being said I have only tested using great tusk and it might work with other mons)

If I had to guess it would probably due to one of the mods I have, namely:
Waynolt and Aironfaar's modpacks

Ash gren mod

Pyrolusitium UI

Edit: I removed all the mods and the Protosynthesis ability worked

Edit 2: It seems that the mod causing the problem was one named "AMB - Misc_FabulousTransformation.rb". I tested with and without this mod and both Protosynthesis and Quark Drive work and booster energy works as well without that one mod. 

On a side note where is the location of the ruin quartet? It says paradox event on the spreadsheet but I can't find em. I just recently beat e4 so I'm guessing its probably at a later postgame stage but if anyone knows pls lmk.

Edited by DelonBoom
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 5:15 PM, pfraider said:

Everything is working great for me in the new patch. Do you have plans to add hidden abilities to the paradox mons (maybe related to original forms)? Also do you plan on having more moves/abilities interact with fields. Thumbs up

hmm I don't think i will add HA to the paradoxies, but there are some additional moves/abilities already that interact with fields. They are listed on the spreadsheet (somewhere)!

On 4/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, florian said:

Could you include the evolution methods for gen 9 in the spreaddsheet? for quite a lot of them its unclear how evolving them actually works

all evolution methods that are not mentioned on the spreadsheet are the same as original! I only added those that do have an altered method. But i can add the non-mentioned ones too so that it's easier to look through them.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:14 AM, Ergast said:

Maybe reduce the power of Steel Roller to 100-110, if you want to nerf it somehow? It's still usable in pretty much every fight in the game, and having 5 pps means that you can't really spam it.

I actually agree that i does have only 5 pp already, and i definitely felt the difficulty dro by using gen 9 mons (kingambit u-hum)

I can keep it as is unless i get a sh*t ton of reports from people hating it lol.

15 hours ago, DelonBoom said:

On a side note where is the location of the ruin quartet? It says paradox event on the spreadsheet but I can't find em. I just recently beat e4 so I'm guessing its probably at a later postgame stage but if anyone knows pls lmk.

ruins aren't yet in the game! I will think about other events for them.

Generally i want gen 8 and gen 9 legendaries to have events for themself. this will take a while! I will update the spreadsheet as i apparently mixed the location up with them!

also thanks for the incompatibility mention!

The code for salt cure is a bit of a mess.
image.png.3966c398a4aaa098ddd139420cd401af.png
Not only is the condition set so that the damage is only doubled if the target is not a steel type and water type but it also ignores the doubling part completely since pbReduceHP is run before the math is done. This means that right now the target will always take 1/8 of their hp as damage regardless of their type.
Here is a suggestion for a change that fixes both the aforementioned issues.
image.png.abbf1dc8052878468ce7eaeb19acd47a.png
Code is in Scripts/PokeBattle_Battle.rb line 4633. Also I have no clue how to code in Ruby so feel free to call me an idiot if there is something obvious I missed.

Edited by Tetrisdjinn
  • Thanks 1

I'm having some trouble with Brute Bonnet. As in, I can't get to them, or them to me.

Spoiler

hrYwbv1.png

I mean, I could just walk through walls to get it, but that's just a band aid, and seeing how it hasn't been reported (or I'm REALLY blind, and I wouldn't discard that one), and in fact it has been reported that everything works perfectly, I think it is an issue on my side

Also, I can't get the item to evolve Meltan. The scientific keeps asking me for items even when I already gave him everything. Just in case it was because I just applied the patch, I downloaded the whole file, but it keeps happening. This is what makes me think both events are an issue on my side instead of in the mod.

By the way, Iron Leaves can relearn Sword Dance but it can't learn it by TM.

Edit: Ok, I think I see what's happening. The Paradox pokemon seem to be unable to learn any TM, so I'm gonna guess it is already known.

Edited by Ergast

1 hour ago, Ergast said:

I mean, I could just walk through walls to get it, but that's just a band aid, and seeing how it hasn't been reported (or I'm REALLY blind, and I wouldn't discard that one), and in fact it has been reported that everything works perfectly, I think it is an issue on my side

Oh, don't worry, the Brute Bonnet problem isn't just on your side. And yeah, Fervis mentioned the TM movelist is being worked on.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:45 PM, Ergast said:

I'm having some trouble with Brute Bonnet. As in, I can't get to them, or them to me.

Reveal hidden contents

hrYwbv1.png

Also, I can't get the item to evolve Meltan. The scientific keeps asking me for items even when I already gave him everything. Just in case it was because I just applied the patch, I downloaded the whole file, but it keeps happening. This is what makes me think both events are an issue on my side instead of in the mod.

By the way, Iron Leaves can relearn Sword Dance but it can't learn it by TM.

Edit: Ok, I think I see what's happening. The Paradox pokemon seem to be unable to learn any TM, so I'm gonna guess it is already known.

i have the same issue about meltan