V13 - Performance issues

Zumi

• Veterans

Sent in a bug report about performance issues with the game, but feel like you may need some extra help with troubleshooting the issue or want to elaborate further? Please provide your feedback here, we'll be looking into it if we're able to fix anything about this!

NOTE: THIS IS *NOT* A THREAD FOR REPORTING BUGS THAT AREN'T RELATED TO THE GAME'S PERFORMANCE.

Any unrelated posts will be removed from the thread. If you want to report another bug, please refer to the bug reporting form instead!

Hello Zumi!

So I just downloaded and extracted v13 on my phone, but when I open it (using joiplay) I get this:

this is a fatal error and I've double checked everything, including re-downloading as well as re-opening, but nothing seems to be working...

(Also, just in case you didn't know, joiplay is compatible with mkxp as I tested it with reborn.)

(Also-Also, I checked the file mentioned below, and it's there. It's not missing, and i don't know why this error keeps coming up..)

Screenshot_20210717-085705.png

7 minutes ago, handofdoom101 said:

Same here

Okay so I just checked over to the dev blog. The Devs can't do anything about it because it's a problem from the app's side. Sorry for bothering you, Devs! Thank you for the amazing game so far ❤️

hi there! I'm having problems with speed up in v13.  I submitted a bug report but maybe thought it was more suiting here? delete it though if it isn't!

basically, the speed up function between v12 and v13 is extremely different for me and v13's is way worse (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17lpsjG9j3hYSbGEH8XjRnKV2zUe6gjUz) the video without the border is v13 currently, and the one with is v12. I toggled the speedup on v13 at 0:07, this is with 4x turbo. I really don't know what's causing the low performance since I can Reborn excellently using game-z.exe

here's my specs (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/429243023738535939/866062468575658004/unknown.png), if it helps at all. i'm genuinely unsure what the problem is ty for reading uwu

edit; so i fixed this but all i did was rename "Game.exe" to "Game-z.exe". so uh yeah lol

Edited by koubatsu

Hi,

Not sure if here is the right place to expose my problem, apologies in advance if not, tell me and I will delete this post to move it in a more appropriate place. But it seems I'm in a big trouble, the thing being so weird I don't even expect someone has an answer. I'm also a complete noob in this domain, so don't hesitate to tell me if my explanations are not accurate enough.

Well so I run a Windows 8, 64 bits. And the fact is, almost each time I click on Game.exe, there is an error message appearing for a split second, something like "insufficient system resources to complete the requested service", and then few seconds later Game.exe literally VANISHES from the file, disappearing in the void or dunno where. What I use to do in that case is picking each time Game.exe in the zip file to put it back manually in the extracted file.

I say almost because yesterday I randomly managed to launch the game like three times, dunno how but after 30 minutes, the game stopped by itself, with Game.exe vanishing somewhere once again. With that I managed to reach the

Spoiler

Melia's fight

. Since yesterday I was not able to launch the game anymore. Also when I right click on Execute as an administrator, sometimes the game window is appearing a few seconds before disappearing instantly, quickly followed by Game.exe. Why it works at some point but usually doesn't work at all, I have no idea. I also tried to restart my computer, without any success.

I read the Cass thread on the devblog already, and it doesn't seem that my problem is related to all the GL stuff, I don't know in which direction I should look right now, so you are my real hero if somehow you have a solution to my issues. Sorry for bothering and thank you in advance.

I have an issue where when I full screen (alt+enter, or through settings), the screen goes black entirely, it appears I can only play/see when the screen is M (default). 

I am currently using patch 13.0.1 and the issue still persists.

Would appreciate some light on this issue. Thanks very much.

EDIT: I would also like to note that despite the screen being black (when full screen), one can actually play the game and buttons still work, just that all is done in total darkness.

Alright, so, I basically struggle to play this new version a lot, it lags sooo much. I barely managed to pass the introduction, get to Gearen, and it does not get better. I don't know why this happens, but it makes me sad bc I really wanted to play v13 the best way possible.

Before v13, I used this MKXP port for v12 that someone maked: This one. In this one, I could run everywhere and face no lag, and even use the speed up function. My laptop is not really good, but if it managed to play v12 smoothly, idk why it could not do it on v13.

Edit (07/21): I just copied the files about mkxp from the v12 that I provided and replaced the ones in v13. It's somehow working, running in 30-25 fps. I'm surprised, lol

Edited by Clary Hera

I'm nervous to post here since it doesn't seem to get much response, but I don't see anywhere else I am allowed to ask this.

I am trying to download this on Mac. I played V12 a long time ago but then forgot about it for awhile. Since I didn't get far I just decided to download the V13 and start over.

I saw that note about putting it in the Applications folder. V12 didn't have that problem so I, stupidly, attempted to try it not in Applications. Nope the file is damaged. Put it in Applications and tried again. Nope still damaged. Deleted it and dropped the .zip file in applications, extracted it and tried again. Nope still damaged. Deleted it and the .zip file, redownloaded the .zip file into the Applications folder and tried again. Nope, still damaged.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there actually something wrong with the file? Or is there some other secret Applications folder I'm not seeing?

On 7/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, roberthavins said:

hey when tried  to  start up the  game  a  thing saying OpenGL (ES) >= 2 required  pops  up what can i do  to  fix  this  please  help?

I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a fix to this? I'd really like to play v13!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garrettjdward said:

I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a fix to this? I'd really like to play v13!

Me too; I've seen it brought up before by a few other people but it seems to go unaddressed in other threads hoping maybe we can find an answer here.

• Upvote 1

so im getting an error message any time i try to open the game. its almost exactly the same message @Lorane was getting on joiplay, but im getting it on pc. running on windows 10, played the previous version with no problems, and ive played reborn on the mkxp format with no problems as well.

image.png.af6bedb3bb4a7ebf87fa9bf2d8299e12.png

On 7/17/2021 at 9:04 AM, Lorane said:

Hello Zumi!

So I just downloaded and extracted v13 on my phone, but when I open it (using joiplay) I get this:

this is a fatal error and I've double checked everything, including re-downloading as well as re-opening, but nothing seems to be working...

(Also, just in case you didn't know, joiplay is compatible with mkxp as I tested it with reborn.)

(Also-Also, I checked the file mentioned below, and it's there. It's not missing, and i don't know why this error keeps coming up..)

Screenshot_20210717-085705.png

Do you have Joiplay beta ?

On 7/18/2021 at 4:42 PM, roberthavins said:

hey when tried  to  start up the  game  a  thing saying OpenGL (ES) >= 2 required  pops  up what can i do  to  fix  this  please  help?

Hey there,

I have the same problem, some acquaintances of me  presume that the graphic card is simply to old too/weak to depict the new graphics.

This might not be the solution but it's the best info I could find

20 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

Hey there,

I have the same problem, some acquaintances of me  presume that the graphic card is simply to old too/weak to depict the new graphics.

I had the same problem, there's a opengl32.dll file in the reborn discord pinned in the 13v crashes thread that you can download. Then, I put it in the same folder as the game.exe

21 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

Hey there,

I wonder if there is a way to update my graphics card or if there might be a patch sometime in the future? I have windows 10 & 64 bit so I'm surprised it's the graphics that's the problem but my brother said the same thing.

okay so after trying several different things ive gotten everything patched and the game is now playable, but everything is extremely slow. especially the options menu, which takes a solid minute to respond to a single button input. the battle interface also takes a long time to respond to input, any time the screen goes black (map changes, entering/exiting battle, etc) takes quite a while, text boxes are slow, really the only thing that hasnt slowed down drastically is the overworld, but even the overworld has quick pauses when i walk from one map to the next.

running on msi modern 15 laptop, windows 10 os