Pokemon Desolation Episode 5.1

Caz

• Global Mods
46 minutes ago, TimidGardevoir said:

uh i'm stuck hereimage.thumb.png.021d601f872558d062ab6d35ed4ff259.png

hi firstly if you are encountering a bug, please post it in the Troubleshooting Section in the club.

secondly, this has been fixed, have you downloaded the recent patch?

6 hours ago, TimidGardevoir said:

where is Majira's first key? I know it's in blackview ranger base, but I cant find it

Spoiler

It's been a while since I played that portion of the game, but I believe you interact with something (I think it's a book?) in the ranger's base that opens up the way to the top level of the building. There you should be able to find the key. 

Edited by Junior

• Developers

Hi everyone! 

!! IMPORTANT UPDATE INCOMING !!

I just posted the CHONK 5.1 patch for Desolation, which fixes most of the issues in the game. This will likely be the final update for Episode 5, so please update!. While there is a link available for a smaller patch, I would recommend that you get the full version anyway. Mostly, the patch just fixes a load of bugs, as follows:

Spoiler

- Getting stuck in Blackview during the siege.

- Blackview Siege Amelia not disappearing.

- Pickup ability.

- Soft lock in Odis Village.

- Soft lock in Bountilia Island.

- Trapinch crash.

- Loads of tiling and typo issues.

- Other technical stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head (sorry, I've got to go out shortly :/)

There were also adjustments to the Credit price of some items, as well as some improvements to balancing. I have also added a mechanism to access the EV training area in E5, which was previously unavailable. A handful of other useful threads will begin to make an appearance from here, so there's that to look forward to!

Finally, I have attached the PBS files to the original post as well. Please use this an opportunity to have fun, but to also help people with their save (in the save troubleshooting section), as this would really help take some pressure off myself and Posty.

Thanks again for the crazy support!

• Like 7

• Global Mods
38 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

image.thumb.png.dd5942cac5003f75aa4d5a1009008d33.png

I'm at this part and i need to get past this guy to reach the strange man with blue hair for the distraction. but this guy just won't move, and there is no way around him. what do i do?

download the recent patch. this has been fixed.

14 minutes ago, DocDankDandy said:

It seems Magneton's evolution method is broken. I got to the locked generator room and even inside leveling up Magneton does not trigger. Also, my opinion of this game so far is that it is a worthy successor to reborn. Honestly its probably better than rejuvination!

Game.rxdata 67.25 kB · 0 downloads

its not broken, it has been moved back lol

Just wanted to congratulate the devs for this amazing game. It really does compare well to Reborn and Rejuv, which probably makes it like a 9/10 on my list. One thing that I noted is that the "fakemons" are well balanced, mega-mightyena for example isn't overpowered which I think is important for a fangame, so props for that as well, not many fangames have this advantage.

I just have one question though:

Spoiler

What happens if you manage to save Scarlett? Does she hang out with the group or just leave at some point? 

6 minutes ago, BaratheonStag said:

nvm, i managed

a question for the audience:

Hide contents

how do i access the locked room in the archives. the one that says you need a key. where can i find it?

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you can still get it, but I got the key by talking to Rosetta BEFORE the first mission to the archives, after your first encounter with Lilith in the Undercity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khronify said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure if you can still get it, but I got the key by talking to Rosetta BEFORE the first mission to the archives, after your first encounter with Lilith in the Undercity.

Spoiler

dang. i'll try reloading an older save.

1 hour ago, Hiven said:

Just wanted to congratulate the devs for this amazing game. It really does compare well to Reborn and Rejuv, which probably makes it like a 9/10 on my list. One thing that I noted is that the "fakemons" are well balanced, mega-mightyena for example isn't overpowered which I think is important for a fangame, so props for that as well, not many fangames have this advantage.

I just have one question though:

Hide contents

What happens if you manage to save Scarlett? Does she hang out with the group or just leave at some point? 

Spoiler

She sticks around with the group and even participates in the tournament to battle Rosetta. Her and Connor also kinda become a thing? They're usually seen together. She doesn't play an extremely important role in the story but she's still present and you can interact with her.  She kinda acts as a secondary rival to you, the protagonist, aspiring to eventually beat you in a battle. 

Edited by Junior

4 minutes ago, Cross said:

I'm at the part where you raid Cellia north and i'm stuck, it says the password for the underground access is GRID converted alphabetically I don't know what that means

You need to convert the word GRID into numbers.