[OFFICIAL] Desolation Devs Q&A (EP5 Thread)

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, JustAnElite_ said:
  Hide contents

Sorry for this last question—just really in love with this game! Is Fletchling accessible in this game? If so, where?

2 hours ago, RebornHu said:

Is Riolu available?

Like I've mentioned, I will not be disclosing any information about whats Obtainable or not until I drop the Obtainable List next week. So for now if you wanna know if something is available, consult a friend who has been playing or explore and find out yourselves :]

1st of all, great game! It's really shaping up to be like reborn and rejuvenation. some aspects are already better. Love the choice making part, makes me think carefully about what to do.

Now for my questions:

1) I know I'm fun at parties, but Is there a stat sheet (like bulbapedia, or even txt file) for the custom evolutions?

Spoiler

Want to know if mega mightyena is worth it.

2) If I find glitches in the game (like going though walls, or reaching edge of the world black screen-san), do you want me to send a screenshot for fixing? Just curious, since I found a few.

3) I saw there will be an obtainble list. Will there be a side-quest/mega stone guide as well? Since there is so much, I always fear that I missed some...

I can't get to the bidoof room in Helix Cave because on an invisible barrier. Also, is gastly still available in Weeping Hill? The gravestone I remember finding him isn't interactable and the tiny key isn't available in the shop.

• Veterans
5 hours ago, cybershell12 said:

Are the original art assets in this free to use (with credit) like Reborn's and Rejuvenation's?

yes..... 😔

5 hours ago, dani0702 said:

Hide contents

Can you save Heather at all. I had max friendship with her, I think. Just asking.

Spoiler

I'm going to assume you mean Scarlett.
There are two ways to save her.

• Thanks 1

For the helix cave issue, my file got fixed when I downloaded the latest update i.e., Deso5.0.4. 

• Global Mods
20 hours ago, poop face said:

1st of all, great game! It's really shaping up to be like reborn and rejuvenation. some aspects are already better. Love the choice making part, makes me think carefully about what to do.

Now for my questions:

1) I know I'm fun at parties, but Is there a stat sheet (like bulbapedia, or even txt file) for the custom evolutions?

Reveal hidden contents

Want to know if mega mightyena is worth it.

2) If I find glitches in the game (like going though walls, or reaching edge of the world black screen-san), do you want me to send a screenshot for fixing? Just curious, since I found a few.

3) I saw there will be an obtainble list. Will there be a side-quest/mega stone guide as well? Since there is so much, I always fear that I missed some...

Cheers my guy, much appreciated, I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the game after all the work we put in!

1. For custom evolutions, I will be releasing the stats later on, Spoiler Lock is currently in place so you won't find out for a while :]

2. If you find any bugs, report them in the Troubleshooting Section in the Club! and then depending on the type of bug, please post it in the right category.

3. Currently we don't plan on making a side-quest/mega stone guide however, if anyone in the community wants to take on the task and make one! I will be happy to pin it in the Discussion Thread and add to it. 

17 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

I have a question. Why can't we just take Connor's healing machine with us? Why just leave it there? :thonk:

The healing machine is way too heavy for the MC to pick it up, they don't even shift bro 😔

17 hours ago, Matt_ said:

I can't get to the bidoof room in Helix Cave because on an invisible barrier. Also, is gastly still available in Weeping Hill? The gravestone I remember finding him isn't interactable and the tiny key isn't available in the shop.

Download the latest patch, this has been fixed. 
In regard to Gastly, no it has been axed.

15 hours ago, dani0702 said:

How to evolve Magnemite. Anyone know?

I assume you mean Magneton

2 hours ago, Daniel Prithvi said:

I have a question : where or how to evolve charjabug 

In regard to both of these:

Spoiler

I believe both of these are be evolved in the Old Factory in Cellia North, I might be wrong about Charjabug and it may be earlier, if I'm wrong I will update this answer lol

11 minutes ago, JustAnElite_ said:
  Hide contents

Hi! Just wanted to ask if there are EV resetters are available? If so, where?

As far as I know, the only way to reset EV's in this game is by using special berries that you can afford at the Manor in Celia City once you unlock the specific vendor.

• Global Mods
15 minutes ago, JustAnElite_ said:
  Hide contents

Hi! Just wanted to ask if there are EV resetters are available? If so, where?

Yeah as mentioned above, the only EV resetting mechanic currently in the game are the EV berries you can buy in the Manor, we may look into a potential "EV Resetter" as a Cellia Manor Upgrade though. 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:32 PM, joelbinho said:

I'm getting a mac soon and I wanted to know if save data from the windows version can be transferred to the mac version.

Not 100% certain on this but it should be all fine? since all the save data are the same savefiles, it should work fine.

11 hours ago, poop face said:

So I finished the chapter, and it was great!

How many Majira keys/orbs are available right now?

Just want to know if I got all what's available.

Spoiler

currently there are 3 keys and 1 orb available

Just finished V5 and loved it! Might do a write up later if I feel like wasting everyone's time. I tend to get pretty wordy and am probably the worst complimenter ever, so I don't know if y'all need that type of smoke.

Couple of Questions I'll put 'em in spoilers, just to be safe

- Can I get an F for my summer child Scizor? May his Bullet Punches rain on all non-believers...

- As far as Fan Megas go, are there any more planned? I remember the V4 thread having a poll or something for future ones? I know they're hard to design, and it's easy to go a little overboard with them in terms of quantity and balance, but they are quite fun.

- What is the planned scope of Desolation? Is it planned to be as big as Reborn and Rejuv, or is it going to be slightly smaller scale (Give or take story branching). For some reason I assume the latter, but I could easily be wrong.

- How far will the story branch? Getting into spoilery territory here I know, but it seems that the Climax of V5 seems like a point of no return as far as most choices have gone (Most games that involve choices generally have a point of no return like that). 

- Who are Y'all fav characters? I gotta say Ava and Garrett win best Girl/Boy respectively for me.

• Global Mods

10 hours ago, Norm said:

Just finished V5 and loved it! Might do a write up later if I feel like wasting everyone's time. I tend to get pretty wordy and am probably the worst complimenter ever, so I don't know if y'all need that type of smoke.

Couple of Questions I'll put 'em in spoilers, just to be safe

Hide contents

- Can I get an F for my summer child Scizor? May his Bullet Punches rain on all non-believers...

- As far as Fan Megas go, are there any more planned? I remember the V4 thread having a poll or something for future ones? I know they're hard to design, and it's easy to go a little overboard with them in terms of quantity and balance, but they are quite fun.

- What is the planned scope of Desolation? Is it planned to be as big as Reborn and Rejuv, or is it going to be slightly smaller scale (Give or take story branching). For some reason I assume the latter, but I could easily be wrong.

- How far will the story branch? Getting into spoilery territory here I know, but it seems that the Climax of V5 seems like a point of no return as far as most choices have gone (Most games that involve choices generally have a point of no return like that). 

- Who are Y'all fav characters? I gotta say Ava and Garrett win best Girl/Boy respectively for me.

lmao, appreciate it! we are happen you enjoy the new content!

To answer your questions:

1. F

2. We have more stuff in store and planned out! we will be looking to add them in the future but I don't know if we will be doing a poll lol.

3. So I've mentioned what our plan was before, for episode 5 it was mainly focusing on Character Revamps (Designs/Polish Ups/Overhauls) and Balance (Trainer Teams and Money). For Episode 6, we will be looking into maps and tilesets, some maps we have plans on remaking since they are slightly outdated. 

4. Well considering the currently branches in the story...//shot sorry caz dont kill me please

5. My favourite HAS to be Hardy, his character development is great, and I'm loving his overall background (also Amelia because damn Ruby redesigned her and made her look incredible).

7 hours ago, GenEric said:

Will there be a list of obtainable Pokémon soon? 

Soon™️ 

• Developers
2 hours ago, Posty said:

4. Well considering the currently branches in the story...//shot sorry caz dont kill me please

🤐

On 7/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, joelbinho said:

I'm getting a mac soon and I wanted to know if save data from the windows version can be transferred to the mac version.

Sorry to the desolation gang for hijacking this thread but you can totally do this. If you've booted the mac version up at least once there should be a folder in Library/Application Support called "Pokemon Desolation". Put the Game.rxdata file there and you're done. 

• Like 1