Mafia of the Caribbean [D5 - TP WIN]

Alistair

So Newt lied about Bok being mafia while not being an evil role himself? Strange. The only explanation I could think of if there was some sort of actor role involved which I don't really see any candidates for in the roles list.

I think the rock-paper-scissors thing is just a regular sailor mafia ability because non of the roles would specifically have a scimitar, rapier and gun.

1 hour ago, Astra125 said:

If only we didn't kill our lookout, we might know who killed Newt. Not blaming anyone here since I was at fault here as well.

Lykos's rock-paper-scissors match was interesting and from the role names listed, I don't see that pirate role fitting the description of the roles listed so it might be one of the regular people's abilities since Ali did say they would have some. 

Was anyone else poisoned during the night. If no one was poisoned, then either Hypurr was lying(which I see not much of a reason for why he would do that) or Newt was poisoned meaning the poisoner and mafia are separate from each other.

Why would that mean poisoner and mafia are separate?

So the "Pirate" role can target two people to play rock paper scissors with on the same night? Lykos said he was targeted, but Newt was killed. That could have been done by the mutineers, of course, but it would be a rather silly move because Newt was a likely lynch target as a result of offering his false claim against Bok.

11 hours ago, Chickens said:

Also please remember to urinate into the sea

Ancient beings are sensitive to salinity

Making the ship salty should hopefully get rid of the kraken for now 

@Aldo

The emoji-faced tentacle monster is no kraken, I assure you. Although the idea of salinity may still work.

An odd thing that I've noticed. It was stated that even Regular Sailors could have abilities, but Deckhand wasn't mentioned in the opening post. Perhaps, these Sailors aren't Regular at all?

Well then. I do say this talk o' blood baths 'n tentacle monsters do seem quite threatenin'. Best keep an eye out fer these matters.

T'would seem this talk o' pirate roles is certainly somethin'. If they be anything like the town of salem variant, perhaps they be the source preventin' kills.

Plus the blubbery one does bring up a good point 'bout a potential actress role....

Tis be most confoundin'.

I'm not inclined to let the dice choose for me.

Let's discuss all the ways we know killing can happen at night. There's the mafia kill, of course. Newt may have fallen victim to that. Then there's the poisoner, who I don't think has successfully killed anyone yet, although notably no one has claimed to be poisoned this day phase. Amine claimed to have a one time use gun, but I think that was a lie - you see, the flavor text on Eric's death mentioned hi trying to "outrun a gun" - could that be a reference to choosing "backpedal"? I believe Eric was killed by the "pirate", so either Amine is the pirate or there was no truth to what he said. As far as other deaths go, if Newt wasn't killed by the mafia (which I doubt he was for the reasons I mentioned in a previous post) then that means either the pirate can target multiple people (both Lykos and Newt?) or Lykos was lying about being targeted by the pirate, who we didn't know existed (That seems unlikely.) or there's yet another killing role out there and Newt was killed by someone else entirely.

Either way, that leaves a lot of unknowns, and I would like to clear some of those up, so until he provides an explanation that satisfies me...

[Eliminate] Amine

15 hours ago, Astra125 said:

I doubt Ali would give mafia a factional kill and a role that kill, though at a delayed rate. I doesn't completely eliminate it but it's something I find super unlikely in the event that it's the case

Considering how consistently bad a poisoner is at killing anything due to the delayed nature, poisoners often end up as a secondary mafia killer, because most the time all they do is keeping the doctor busy
although it is odd that no one has claimed to have been poisoned today so far
but in fact some people haven't spoken yet today, nicki and L'belle for instance

but on the topic of the poisoner the closest fit on the rolelist seems to be the cook (or one of the many generic sailors)
poisoning food and all, not that that really gets us anywhere, but just a random thought
if there is a poisoner, that is (i would start to question hypurr if no one claims to be poisoned soon, tbh)

@cicada hi nicki how u

do you think id lie about a role, this early and attract that much attention to myself, if i were mafia?

Nay, its time to reveal what the odd emoji-faced tantacle monster told me last night: beware the rich lass, for the rumors say she was trained ever since her childhood, in the arts of assassination and deceit. i may be a simple vanilla town now, but we should not give the foul scum the chance to lynch a townie and get away with it

We should heed the words of the all knowing odd emoji-faced tentacle beast

• Global Mods

Oh hi yes sorry, I kinda got distracted all of yesterday and half of today also. I'm trying really hard to keep my attention span flowing (it's really difficult during these times unfortunately), I swear.

*coughs* Alreet ye' filthy scallywags. I've been doin' a bit ae' thinkin' o'er the past couple'a phases, n' I'm beginnin' tae' get really suspicious of Aldo's obsession wi' tha' kraken. At first, this 'ere noob was thinkin' that Aldo could'a been a Lover lookin' fer tha'other one. I dae find it strange tha' he's been obsessin' over tha' kraken. I dunnae' thenk I like this. Aldo's usually quite strange in 'is behaviours, but this is somethin' else entirely imo.

I would vote fer' 'im but I am nae' very confident in this, yer'see? It's not suspicious enough fer' me tae vote for 'im, but it does strike me as ve'y odd. 🤷‍♀️

Another thing tha' strikes me as odd? There seems to 'ave only been one night kill each night, and the first death was a maf member. Tha' second death was a townie (who was likely tae've been lynch this day phase thanks tae his chaotic playstyle much love Newtsie), n' tae me...this makes me think tha' there should'a been a death alongside Eric's. Per'aps the mafia killer got roleblocked or their target was 'ealed. This would line up tae' Amine's claim of only havin' one gun, since we could'a 'ad 2 deaths las' nite' as well. Anoth'r possible explanation could be tha' there's some kinda' transporter role who swapped mafia's intended kill with anotha' person (in this case, anotha' maf) which resulted in them losin' one of their own, which could'a then gave Amine a reason tae claim he 'ad a gun n' shot Eric with it. I think this situation is the leas' likely one.

I'll come back after I have recovered from my 5,000 aneurysms after typing and reading all of this. I'll throw my two cents in with a vote and such later.

Ah, but not at all. It is not the kraken that which I express my admiration and my goal of finding them. After all, a kraken does not have an emoji face.

...Right?

Nonetheless, I may even have a fitting explanation for "Apparently he tried to outrun a gun, and that didn't work well for him." which you are using to point at Anime. And it's oddly simple.

Anime's role has a higher priority than the mafia kill. That can very well mean that GenEric was the mafia assigned to do the night kill, but because of his priority, he didn't manage to do their action for they had been targeted.

Furthermore, their claim remains uncontested, and nothing seems to deny it besides our own skepticism.

14 hours ago, Chickens said:

Are you gonna give me order?!

I'd not dare to. I am your Guardian Angel, after all.

Also, I'd like to remind you of the penalty of being spread out.

Astra[2] - Bean, Anime

Aldo[1] - Nano

Cherry[1] - Cherry

Anime[1] - Eviora

[Eliminate] Astra for now

43 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'd not dare to. I am your Guardian Angel, after all.

You pulled the same stunt last game claiming to be beans guardian angel, what is your sudden obsession with bean?

Since votes are piling up on me, I'll just say who I am since with the event, I'm probably going to be lynched. I also don't know how to play this role well. I'm a survivor and I have no faction. My goal is to stay alive until the end of the game and it's a slight ordeal for me to do so. I have to visit someone every night and if the person dies, I die with them. Considering that I risk death every night and I'm not a threat to anyone, you guys will be wasting your votes on me.

I find myself agreeing with nano, about aldo's strange bean obsession and wierd behaviour, so he is getting my vote for now, that certainly seems like a better lynch than the astra wagon that came up with no explanation at all, also i don't particularly care to lynch a survivor claim, so there
[Eliminate] Aldo

That being said, due to today's challenge i will swap to astra if the aldo vote doesn't get anywhere, and the astra wagon gets majority, just fyi ahead of time

I agree with Evi. I think it's actually rather likely that GenEric was killed by the pirate. In fact, I think it's almost impossible that he wasn't.  No one on day 1 claimed to be attacked by the pirate and forced to play Rock Paper scissors, which could indicate that GenEric was succesfully killed by said Pirate. And Amine claimed to have killed him, so I agree that we should vote him.

[Eliminate] Amine

I think we are splitting too much here, i don't know about Astra's claim it seems to be fakeclaim and at the same time it's not, well for now let me believe you Astra. 

Amine could be the pirate but ehhh i'm not that sure so i think i will go for Aldo

I don't know how many hours we have before the phase changes but i'll try to check the thread if anything happens 

[Eliminate] Aldo

Hmm. This do be an interestin' progression. I must say, I do be a bit skeptical of yer claim Astra.

However, I don't see you lyin' 'bout bein' one o' those tp either. Let's hope yer bein' truthful with that survivor claim, ye hear? And we'll see where that brings us.

Looking over it, I do say Michel an' the Lass do bring up a good point 'ere. The lack 'o a pirate claim d1 does seem a bit off. That would be a fitting explanation as fer Eric.

Now if my countin' be right, t'would seem Aldo 'n Astra be tied up now at 3. I 'ave to say I'm not too sure of Aldo's guilt meself, plus countin' in ole Newt's vote cast in the bottle.

Fer now I'll be leavin' this one on the mad chicken an' see 'ere if anyone else be willin' to change up the tie 'ere.....

[Keelhaul] Bean

Night 3

*huff, huff*

Defend yerselves, ye scurvy dogs!

*huff, huff*

Phew. We managed ta repel the Queen's army, but no thanks to you, lazy pirates. Did I not say that ye had to stand united against our foes? Yet here ye all are, bickering 'bout whom to toss overboard as usual. Oh well, I guess it just be meanin', I gotta dish out some punishment once more. But first, let's see about this final vote Sir Newt left before kicking the ole bucket.

[Eliminate] Falirion

Huh, interesting. We'll add that one to today's pile, although I doubt it'll change much to the result.

Speaking of today's pile o votes, looks like we have a tie! In that case, it's up to me, yer beloved Cap'n, to decide after consulting the sea's spirits.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.1f625cf0715609aeb1462186e2c402c9.PNG

Cursed luck, matey. Ye ain't livin' up to yer title; off to the sharks with ye.

Astra was lynched. He was a regular sailor, but more than that, he was the Third Party Survivor.

Spoiler

Survivor:

- You must visit one person each night.

- If that person does not visit, you hide behind them and are untargettable for the night.

- If your chosen person dies that night, you die as well.

- You win if you are alive by the end of the game.

As per our daily challenge's rules, the majority ain't absolute and therefore ain't safe. Everyone who voted for Astra will receive a penalty.

Ye got 24h to send me yer night actions, if ye have any. As a reminder, posting and voting are mandatory. Repeated inactivity can and will result in a modkill. No loitering on me ship!

Day 4

T'was a glum sunrise on me ship. The Betrayal's deck had bloodstains all over.

After yet another eventful night, two bodies were found: Drago, me oldest companion, the trusty First Mate of the ship, and Lykos, one o' dem lawful Gunners. It appears Drago was killed in his sleep, whereas Lykos, much like Helmsman Eric before him, had the bad idea of tryin' to run away from a pistol pointed at him. He might have been fast, but not fast enough.

Meanwhile, in the darkest hours of the night, a traitor waited for the Betrayal to pass near an island, then fled the ship alone on a raft. Cackling madly, he took a good chunk of our crew's riches and booty with him, having fulfilled his deathly mission. No one knows what became of him after that, but for sure, he had won this little game.

Dragoknight was killed. He was the Town-sided First Mate.

Spoiler

First Mate:

- Your vote counts double.

- You can choose to reveal yourself during a day phase. If you do, your vote counts triple.

- Sided with Town.

LykosHand was killed. He was the Town-sided Port Gunner.

Spoiler

Port Gunner:

- On odd-numbered nights, you can visit and kill another player.

- Sided with Town.

L'Belle has fulfilled his win condition and left the game victorious. He was more than a regular sailor... he was the Third Party Pirate.

Spoiler

Pirate:

- Select one player during the day.

- The following night, you will be forced to visit them and must choose Scimitar, Rapier or Pistol.

- Your target must choose between Sidestep, Chainmail and Backpedal.

- Sidestep beats Rapier and Pistol, Chainmail beats Scimitar and Pistol, Backpedal beats Scimitar and Rapier.

- If your target beats you, nothing happens. If they don't, you kill them.

- You win if you manage to kill two players before the end of the game.

I coulda sworn I heard ominous chanting in the deepest recess of me ship, last night... I don't like this, mates. Whatever it is, we better put an end to it fast, lest monsters swallow me ship.

Day 4 begins and lasts 48h. Yer fate is in yer hands.