Mafia of the Caribbean [D5 - TP WIN]

Alistair

So Bok claims Lookout, and Newt claims to have found him as 3rd Party by some means, this is interesting, the thing about Newt's claim is, what i said before, i don't see lying about this. as that would not be benefitting him in the long term, if bok flips town, he will be under scrutiny immediately
so for now i am more inclined to believe Newt
and if he actually is boldly lying about that, well i am sorry bok i guess i don't account for people playing litterally suicidal
Either way Bok flipping tells us more than anything else right now
[Eliminate] Bok

Night 2

Would ye look at that, me crew seems very adamant about lynching you, sir Choi, the Bokest of Chois! Before we get down to the real business, let's see what dem penalties from Day 1 entail.

Well, well, all ye bad plunderers got the same punishment; one vote against each of ye, to be counted right now!

Astra, Hypurr, L'Belle, Bok and Lykos all receive 1 vote against them.

However, this ain't changing much of anything to the result, now is it? All ye pirates pushing and shoving poor Bok towards the plank, until he had no choice but to walk it and dive into the shark-infested sea.

The crow's nest will be empty tonight, fer ye lynched the Betrayal's Lookout. I ain't sure navigating blind be the best idea...

Bok Choi was lynched. He was the Town-sided Lookout.

Spoiler

Lookout:

- Watch one person at night to see who visited them. Doesn't count as a visit.

- Sided with Town.

Ye got 24h to send me yer night actions, deck-scrubbers. Good luck!

• Sad 2

Day 3

That was one strange night, it was. Lots of things happened, and me ship could've turned into a real bloodbath to be sure, but somehow, casualties were limited to one unfortunate soul. In a perhaps funny twist of events, he who called for Bok to walk the plank, sir Newtsie himself, was found dead in the mornin'. Poseidon have yer soul, matey.

Newt died. He was one of the regular sailors, a Town-sided Deckhand in fact.

Spoiler

Deckhand:

- At any time, you can write and edit a message in a bottle.

- The message can contain a vote AND single sentence.

- When you die, your message in a bottle is read to all. The vote is kept secret until the end of the next day phase, when it takes effect.

- Sided with Town.

Here be his last will...

Wait. That's way longer than a single sentence! To hell with yer novel, we ain't havin' time for that. There be enough to deal with already!

His vote will still be counted at the end of the phase.

Coulda sworn I saw a tentacle writhe in the water... hm.

Day 3 event: No quarters!

The damn British Navy is onto us! All hands on deck, scallywags! Defend yer ship!

Today, we can't afford to be divided. Yer task is for the absolute majority of living players to vote for the same crew member to be eliminated. Do that, and ye will be safe. Only the outliers will be punished.

If yer too divided, the vote result will be processed as normal, but all players who are part of the majority vote will receive a penalty (not necessarily the same type of penalty as for the first event).

Good luck!

Day 3 lasts approximately 48h. Remember to post and vote.

I don't think so Amine, i think you should read again this:

"That was one strange night, it was. Lots of things happened, and me ship could've turned into a real bloodbath to be sure, but somehow, casualties were limited to one unfortunate soul." 

Last night, i had to play at basically rock paper and scissors and i survived, so i think Newt had to do that too. So i must ask who had to play at rock paper and scissors last night? 

If Newt died by that, someone roleblocked maf or someone protected the victim in my opinion. 

I'm not sure how to go with that. He's not really an investigative, yet he died somehow in the same night. There are really weird things going on for a closed setup.

Oh, as a matter of fact, a truthful doctor came in and healed me from poisoning. Thanks for dropping by to save me. 😘

I am a chicken

I will fly

I have no eggs

But so long as I stare at that egg

That egg will disappear

And appear in me

My egg is me

Two eggs make a chicken

I stare and I stare 

The egg is mine

I can feel it

The egg is inside me

I am outside the egg

The egg are you

[ELIMINATE] ASSTRA

One death after another! Things are getting really, reaaalllly scary! But, Lykos, you had to play rock paper scissors? Do pirates decide who lives and dies the same way kids decide who has to be "it" in tag? Heehee!

I wonder, anyone, is there a common mafia role that makes people play rock paper scissors? I don't really know that much about mafia archetypes. xD

49 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Last night, i had to play at basically rock paper and scissors and i survived, so i think Newt had to do that too. So i must ask who had to play at rock paper and scissors last night? 

That sounds like the pirate role from town of Salem, that might be a third party

2 hours ago, Eviora said:

One death after another! Things are getting really, reaaalllly scary! But, Lykos, you had to play rock paper scissors? Do pirates decide who lives and dies the same way kids decide who has to be "it" in tag? Heehee!

I wonder, anyone, is there a common mafia role that makes people play rock paper scissors? I don't really know that much about mafia archetypes. xD

Apparently yes, but i think whoever has that ability can use it at the end of the day phase because Ali told be to play it after 5 minutes the phase ended or probably they were already ready to send their action when night phase started 

Strange how no one mentioned it in the previous day 🤔

So Hypurr was healed, thats good news,
Newt being killed at night and flipping town is odd considering the whole thing with bok, Newt being the mafia's nightkill i really can't see, why not leave him alive as he made himself suspicious with what he did last day?..... this is really wierd
And lykos was pirated apparently?
was it straight up rock paper scissors
or were you supposed to pick between, what is is usually? backpedal, sidestep or chainmail (where would you get a chainmail lmao)

40 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Apparently yes, but i think whoever has that ability can use it at the end of the day phase because Ali told be to play it after 5 minutes the phase ended or probably they were already ready to send their action when night phase started 

Strange how no one mentioned it in the previous day 🤔

Thats how the pirate usually works, they pick their target at day, and then during the night they have this pseudo rock paper scissors game with their target
It IS interesting that no one mentioned being pirated last day, maybe our pirate player forgot their action on day 1?

Edited by Falirion

9 minutes ago, Falirion said:

So Hypurr was healed, thats good news,
Newt being killed at night and flipping town is odd considering the whole thing with bok, Newt being the mafia's nightkill i really can't see, why not leave him alive as he made himself suspicious with what he did last day?..... this is really wierd
And lykos was pirated apparently?
was it straight up rock paper scissors
or were you supposed to pick between, what is is usually? backpedal, sidestep or chainmail (where would you get a chainmail lmao)

Thats how the pirate usually works, they pick their target at day, and then during the night they have this pseudo rock paper scissors game with their target
It IS interesting that no one mentioned being pirated last day, maybe our pirate player forgot their action on day 1?

DING DING DING Fali! I had to choose one between backpedal, sidestep and chainmail indeed. 

I see, well that or someone tried to hide it but i doubt anyone wouldn't tell about it except who has that role. 

Well then mafia was probably afraid of Newt, maybe they really believed Newt had an important role and decided to kill him or maybe they didn't have a better target i don't know 

7 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

DING DING DING Fali! I had to choose one between backpedal, sidestep and chainmail indeed. 

I see, well that or someone tried to hide it but i doubt anyone wouldn't tell about it except who has that role. 

Well then mafia was probably afraid of Newt, maybe they really believed Newt had an important role and decided to kill him or maybe they didn't have a better target i don't know 

Which defense did you choose?

32 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

That makes no sense, newt softclaimed an investigative thing sure... but with boks flip that was clearly fake, and lo and behold newt flipped with whats basically vanilla town, that gets a last sentence and 1 vote after his death
and what newt did last dayphase, made him lynchbait, ngl. no sensible mafia would kill him in that spot, they would rob themselves of a free dayphase
.... but we can argue all day about what happend last night phase, but i think it's not as straighforward as "mafia killed newt"

anyway, there is also the tentacle thing in the phase post, sooo a kraken? wasn't aldo going on about a kraken the previous 2 days? 🤔

If only we didn't kill our lookout, we might know who killed Newt. Not blaming anyone here since I was at fault here as well.

Lykos's rock-paper-scissors match was interesting and from the role names listed, I don't see that pirate role fitting the description of the roles listed so it might be one of the regular people's abilities since Ali did say they would have some. 

Was anyone else poisoned during the night. If no one was poisoned, then either Hypurr was lying(which I see not much of a reason for why he would do that) or Newt was poisoned meaning the poisoner and mafia are separate from each other.