[IC]TotMG:DC Trouble in Traverse Town

StormLord

1 vs 14,

As Leo presses his hand against the fox's head, trying to filter through the primal and animalistic thoughts to find more abstract ideas and concepts.  It takes some time, but he eventually dives deep enough to get something back.  He's met with the ideas of "That was fun", "These people look funny", and "Lets go tell mom".
He also feels a bit funny afterwards, putting so much into the creature causes some mental backflow.

Spoiler

Mental Pollution (Feral): The user has taken in animalistic thoughts.  A GM may replace any successful roll with the roll used to make this ability once, as the user has a feral episode.
1 vs 14,

Luck/Quality: 6

The bell jingle echos through the empty hallway, no one answers.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vitor Santos-Schultz," The magus shakes the offered hand, "Overwatch combat engineer.  And, uh, no, that company name doesn't ring any bells.  Which considering what a lotta the big names in industry back home are hip deep in ain't necessarily a bad thing."

Satomi stood there in rather awkward silence from some time as the rest of the group tended to the 'monster'... only to discover that it was quite literally just a fox and a can of paint. To be honest, she felt distinctly disappointed by the whole thing -- she had been hoping for an opportunity to do her Duty or to show off her skills, or something. Dealing with genuinely just stray animals was really not something she felt was a worthwhile usage of her time. She could be... making defenses, or discovering new technology, or... something! She sighed, then, and crossed her arms. "I suppose that we do not have anything more immediately obvious to tend to, but... is this a good use of our time? I'm sure there are plenty of people who could take care of stray animals, and it is not precisely a task that is suited to a band of armed and highly skilled people. Could we not be... preparing this place against Trespassers in some way, perhaps?"

As Satomi finished speaking a voice could be heard calling out in the distance, too faintly for most of the party to hear.  The dog however stands up and immediately started trotting back down the tunnel towards the voice.  Ena, and anyone else with improved hearing would hear what sounded like an older woman calling for "Copper" and "Tod" to come.
Tod wriggles in Leo's arms, trying to escape to follow the sound as well.

Satomi nodded to herself as the master of these two animals called them, clearly quite pleased with the timely resolution of the situation. "Well, that certainly is convenient -- that would put the whole deal with these pets to rest, yes? Now we can do..." Here Satomi paused, frowning, now forced to confront something she'd earlier mentally remarked on. "What do we do, now? Does anyone know what tasks need to be done here, any other minor errands aside? I'm sure there must be something worth our efforts here. I do not want to be sitting idle again... at least that previous, barren place had something to uncover about it. Is there perhaps a mayor of this town? We could make her or him aware of the threat of Trespassers, if she or he is not aware of that threat, or perhaps offer our assistance if she or he is." 

On 5/12/2020 at 1:05 PM, DragonRage said:

"Vitor Santos-Schultz," The magus shakes the offered hand, "Overwatch combat engineer.  And, uh, no, that company name doesn't ring any bells.  Which considering what a lotta the big names in industry back home are hip deep in ain't necessarily a bad thing."

Lucian shook Vitor's hand firmly for a moment, his steely blue eyes staring directly into theirs as he said, "I am not surprised, I don't expect every world to have its own Kugelschiemede, not yet at the least." An awkward silence filled the air for a couple of moments, as Lucian wracked his brain in search of anything he knew about an 'overwatch', only to give up after he found nothing more pertinent than the definitions of the word, "I must confess to have never heard of a military organization called 'Overwatch' as well, but I guess that's just the multiverse for you."

Leo gives the animal one more pat, and lets it up as the presumed 'Mom' calls them. Hopefully they don't have to much trouble cleaning them up. 
He feels a little dizzy as he stands up before shaking it off, though he can't help but notice a craving for fish he's pretty sure is not his and a subtle faint twitch in his fingers that reminds him of when he tested Demonite Ore.

"Oof, think I might have let some of those animal impulses rub off on me. Really need more practice....Honestly though some fresh fish would not be that bad."
Leo rolls his shoulders, confident the foreign will putzing around his brain and/or psychic shell will purge soon enough.

He shakes his head in response to Satomi
"Relax, It seems pretty peaceful here, and we could use a bit of rest. Not to mention by doing these errands we might be able to get money and rewards that can help us later. Building Materials, Better weapons, Gear. I for one am eager to get a look at the accessory shop, I could use more Gemstones or any interesting metals they might have."

"You know whats better for rest? Actually resting."

"Ill rest after I finish, there's not to much left to do. Come on, lets go see what the reward is for solving the 'Monster' problem"

Leo proceeds to idly start doing experiments with more mana testing getting moving with the others whenever they are ready.
Casually conjuring strange lights and big green hats, Strange disks and CD like objects, condensing fluids and powder into harddrive disks, albeit with gaps in between each test to gather significant amounts of mana. He checks chains and mixes various blobs of magic together, while muttering about cameras, data storage, and weapons. This continues right up until he slams together a magic which is spilling liquid electromagnetism, with one of the ones he had been testing, some kind of mana which creates harddrive disks out of nothing. As soon as the two masses started to swirl and mix into one, it exploded into roiling liquid electricity that made a beeline for Leo himself. 

Leo falls to the ground with a yelp and scream as what is more or less homing electric napalm splashed onto his arms and face, which he pushed and pulled at through the spasms and kicking as he tried to remove it. Hes certainly had worse, but it sure dident feel good.

"AhG f-ffuakck belghhafe stupiaahhh mothe-ahhgGg"
He eventually SOMEHOW gets most of it off containing the worst of it in barely stable bubbles of force he is straining to hold together as his spams and sputtering slowly subside.
 The remaining droplets not large or powerful enough to hurt him to badly.

Once he finally can kinda control himself properly again he sits up panting, wiping the drool from his mouth and trying (And failing) to shake off some of the drops that are still making his flesh tingle and a few muscles spasm.

"Right...Right. Li-LightninGggg, Cyber and StOne. T-hAt makes sense."
Leo eventually pulls himself up with a groan, and continues along. as the liquid taze mass slowly 'evaporates' into nothing, twisting and fading into the void. 

Kusuke snorted, and resisted the urge to laugh out loud as Leo managed to electrify himself somehow.

That amusement aside, he did have another thing to concern himself with. He was about to agree with Satomi, when he got a strange feeling that he'd been in a discussion like this before, and that he'd said the wrong thing. ". . . You know, Satomi, I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes it can be important to remember the small things. Helping someone get their pets back might not be as pressing as fortifying the world against invasion, but. . ." He shook his head, a minor headache starting to come on. He really needed to find a way to sleep better. "Don't get too carried away with the big picture. Bad things can happen."

Mirri snorts in Leo's general direction.  "Yes, let's deliver the pets before someone fries themselves...  Or something.  And delivering lost pets might not be the most glamorous things around, but people care about them.  It's as good a bounty as any, and at least they tend to appreciate being brought back home in a cage more than bail skips, criminals, or whoever's poked at Prince Xizor's ego with a stun stick this week."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Overwatch is a peace-keeping organization," Vitor explains to Lucian, "It was originally founded when some of the omnic robots we created as servants and menial laborers were hacked and taken over by these things called God Programs, and used to wage war against humanity.  Overwatch saved the world and got... mostly equal rights for the omnics who didn't go off the deep end, and was disbanded.  With the way things were going downhill before I left, Winston got the band back together so to speak, with new recruits like me.  But meddling from other worlds has been increasing, and... I figured joining up with this group was the best way to help make sure the only threats Overwatch has to deal with are native."

Continuing back to the 1st District the party comes across an old lady loving on Tod and Copper, she thanks the party for their efforts and offers them some cookies as a reward.

Spoiler

Plate of Royalberry Cookies: Sweet and sour cookies made from Gaspberries and Rose Honey, shaped like a cartoony mouse head with a red bow.

The first time a character eats a cookie from this plate they gain one point of Ess or Syn. 

The plate has 5/5 cookies remaining.

------------------------------------------------
Leo
------------------------------------------------
Leo nods, rubbing one of his sore arms.
"Thank you, but it was really not much trouble."
This does not stop him from taking a cookie, and chomping into it, Gaining 1 Ess....Or not. He nods, feeling the little bit of mana from the cookie start to fill his body and slowly leak into the air around him. Enjoying the lovely sweet and sour flavors as they sink into his body and mix and spread into a mix of hot and cold that spreads through his body. The magical energies soaking through him. Those are some good cookies!
"These are really good. You guys should try some."

After eating it he wipes his mouth on his sleeve.
"Ah. I noticed the address on there tags has been scratched out" 
Leo nods at the two animals
"If you've moved recently I can update the tags with your new address, it would only take a minuet if I used shape solid. You'll have to give me a few minuets to purge some of this foreign mana though. Has a habit of working its way into my spells even when I don't want it to." 

Leo promptly moves away to do some testing, creating a strange glowing ice, casting shaping blades from his fingertips, and giving form to a small humanoid golem of ice, which instantly begins projecting knight armor around itself, and forms glowing energy blades.

The small surge of foreign mana he had gained was gone now....but far from forgotten. That energy felt somewhat natural for him, and as he watched it and muttered to himself, he managed to recreate it, Gaining a new Metamagic, instead of Ess.

He proceeds to do more tests, calling forth winds filled with ice blades, and creating binary test cores which he idily tosses.

Eventually he wanders back over.
"Ok, Purged and then some! I can adjust those tags for you if you want."

--------------------------------------------------
Takumi
--------------------------------------------------

After waiting a little longer, and ringing the bell one more time, and waiting a bit more
If no one else comes Takumi will call out and ask 
"Is this a bad time?"

On 5/15/2020 at 9:46 AM, DragonRage said:

"Overwatch is a peace-keeping organization," Vitor explains to Lucian, "It was originally founded when some of the omnic robots we created as servants and menial laborers were hacked and taken over by these things called God Programs, and used to wage war against humanity.  Overwatch saved the world and got... mostly equal rights for the omnics who didn't go off the deep end, and was disbanded.  With the way things were going downhill before I left, Winston got the band back together so to speak, with new recruits like me.  But meddling from other worlds has been increasing, and... I figured joining up with this group was the best way to help make sure the only threats Overwatch has to deal with are native."

"Ah, that sounds like quite a noble cause," Lucian said in response, immediately wracking his brain in search of something else to say, "I can't claim to have such noble intentions for travelling around the multiverse myself, but if the last world was any indication, there's quite a lot of worlds in need of a bit of meddling, economically speaking." He turned his gaze at the various shops around him, trying to find a conveniently located convenience store, restaurant, or pub around here, "But you know, something tells me that it would probably be a good idea for us to start exploring this one for now, maybe find a shop that can sell something to get that bad taste out of your mouth...."

The old lady happily accepts Leo's offer to change her pet's tags, giving him the correct address to put on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takumi's continued requests are met with silence.  He does notice a box on the wall behind the desk that contains a number of key with odd and vibrant keychains.
Looking them over one is green with stars, one is blue with a fish, red with diamonds, yellow with some kind of plant, and grey with a miniature fountain.

---------------
Leo
---------------

Leo fixes up the tags (Im assuming he wont need a check for something this minor, he would just keep shaping them till he got them right anyways) and after checking them to make sure he got the address right, tells the party he will be right back, and heads into the accessory shop.

Given the old lady does not seem to be the one who actually put the request out, There might still be a momentary reward by the people who were spooked by a "Monster" 
With this is mind, Leo will greet the shopkeep and ask about any rewards that might have been left, explaining he and the party dealt with the "Monster"

He also looks around at the things for sale. 

---------------

Takumi

---------------

Feeling the chill creep back into him Takumi takes the grey key and looks around.
Something was absolutely not right here and it was freaking him out.

Lights lit, Front door unlocked, No responses, and as the full keyrack proved, no guests.
It could be that whoever runs this place has bumbling forgetfulness to end all bumbling forgetfulness. But, while it might have had more to do with recent events, Takumi was now concerned enough to make sure nobody had collapsed or something. At least the building wasent on fire....

Pocketing the key for now, Takumi proceeds to nock on the various doors, and open any that are already unlocked, before moving upstairs and checking up there.

Leo walks in to see a middle aged man sitting behind the counter reading a book, he looks up when he sees Leo and says hello nicely enough before listening to Leo's story.
"Huh? No there wasn't a reward for that.  But if you helped keep that crazy old lady's 'pets' from screwing up the alley I guess that warrants something.  I'll give you uhh 50 munny in credit.  Good here or next door."

Shop Inventory:

Spoiler

Protect Chain - 150 munny
Fire Bangle - 250 munny
Blizzard Armlet - 250 munny
Thunder Trinket - 250 munny

Dark Anklet - 250 munny

Ability Stud - 200 munny

Abas Chain - 300 munny

Aquamarine Ring - 250 munny

Tourmaline Ring - 250 munny

Sardonyx Ring - 250 munny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takumi finds all the room doors locked, with no answers to any knocking.

Upstairs he finds an attic full of crates and boxes for storage of linens and serving ware and such.  In the corner he sees a small ornate chest that is bring red, gold, and green, it seems to clash with everything else around it.

------------
Leo
------------

Leo asks about testing the wares out, but the shopkeep is understandably concerned about having someone without money screw around with the gear.
Which prompts a "Hmmm" of thinking. Not that Leo had to think THAT hard on it.

"Well, I didn't bring much money, but I should have plenty of material to trade, got a bunch of metal from another world I went to, Ive also got synthetics and transmuted materials I could trade you. I also make golems and do enchanting."

Leo tosses a few spare Prisms and Channeling Samples on the table, mostly ones hes whipped up or got from Terraria, barring the really dangerous stuff.

"Here are some of the attunement samples I carry around with me, and some scraps of some things I was whipping up earlier, Prisms, Eternal Ice, Icy Shards, Hard Disks, Magnetolight Disk, Meteorite Metal, Oh, these metals here-"

He gestures to the T-Variants of normal metals

"-Were smelted a little differently, so they aren't the same as the normal stuff, They are physically stronger, and have different effects then usual."

"I can keep going, Tell me if something catches your eye."

------------------

Takumi
------------------

Well while this was still bothering him, He did not feel inclined to go breaking into chests or rummaging around. If there wasent anyone in here, then he would just have to go looking for the pumphouse on his own.

If it was near here, then this Key would probably be what goes to it...Maybe.
And given the fountain was here, the pumphouse had to be close by, assuming the people who built the thing were reasonable.

So Takumi turns and heads back outside, making a note to return the key later, and starts looking around for and clues as to where the pumphouse might be.

The man behind the scratches his head after looking at the items for a little while, thoroughly out of his depth.
"Alright, alright, I get it.  I don't make the stuff, just uhh...can I take this to the guys upstairs so they can look it over?"

He gestures to the pile of samples and then the ladder to the second story of the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Careful searching reveals that both the panels under the right and left arches can somehow be moved.  The right archway seems to open from somewhere else, but the left one has a small slot that perfectly fits the key.  Turning it opens a narrow dark passage to under the stairs.  Takumi can see some pipes and other equipment from the dim torch and star light, but not much.

------------
Leo
------------

"Sure, go right ahead."  Leo prepares to follow them up the ladder.

------------
Takumi
------------

Takumi grabs a conveniently placed lantern and starts to slowly progress into the passage, noting and examining all the equipment as he passes, Still unnerved at this empty place that seemed a little to lifeless.

The man nods, taking the bag of samples carefully.  He climbs up the ladder a few steps and push open the hatch, he says...something in a very repetitive language Leo cannot understand while still standing on the ladder.
From below Leo makes out him opening the bag, gesturing a bit, and someone else he cannot see going through it.  After several minutes of this he comes back down and hands Leo back the bag.
"They're interested in these three."
He hands Leo the samples of Prism, Meteorite, and Pink Slime.

~~~~~~~~~

Entering the maintenance space Takumi finds about what one would expect, old pipes poorly marked and aging beyond their lifetime.  Eventually he comes across some kind of simple mechanical pump that appears to be rusted through in multiple places on the main cylinder body and locked internally by sediment buildup.

"Yeah, sure, why not," Vitor nods at Lucien, "If nothing else we can get a finger on the local vibes, figure out how things are going on around here.  I mean, if you can't get a latte for a reasonable price, that's usually indicator number one that civilization's on the verge of collapse, am I right?"

------------------------------------------

"Ugh.  He's primping?"  Mirri leans against a nearby wall and polarizes her visor, "Wake me up when he's done beautifying himself.  I promise I won't bite if you poke me.  Probably."

-------
Leo
-------

Leo nods, both at the shopkeep, and Ena

"Ill have to run back to the ship to grab more meteorite, But I can make Prisms and Pink Gel here. Might take a bit though......Or....Hang on, I know an Easier way."

Leo trades in a portion of Meteorite bars with Tim to quickly generate some Prisms and Pink Gel, and trades a number of the three materials in exchange for 900 munny

His eyes are caught by some of the gems they have, and most notably, the rings and that chain.

Spoiler

Thaum > Green Tourmaline(3, 2):  this mana causes energy it encounters to flow along its outer layers, especially convex surfaces.  This frequently causes the mana to glow bright multi-colored light as it shifts and throws out light it has altered the flow of.

Spoiler

Protect Chain(20, 14): This mana type makes things harder to damage.

Aquamarine Ring(19, 1):  This mana type helps to draw out latent water related magic within the user.

Aquamarine:   Aquamarine mana creates Jewel Water when applied to Aquamarine. This glittering fluid acts almost exactly like water.

Tourmaline Ring(15, 16): This mana type makes the user better able control energy moving through their body.

Sardonyx Ring(19, 8): This mana type helps the user to unlock physical strength within themselves.

Sardonyx(4, 9): This mana type fills the user with equal measures of courage and fear.

He purchases the 

Protect Chain , Aquamarine Ring , Tourmaline Ring , And Sardonyx Ring, Along with an additional shard of tourmaline with his Credit

Spoiler

Protect chain grants +3 Res

Aquamarine Ring: +1 Int and an action slot only usable for water element active.

Tourmaline Ring: +1 Syn and an action slot only usable for an lightning/thunder element active

Sardonyx Ring: +1 Str and an action slot only usable for a fire element active.

"These are great. Damage reduction, release of latent power, better energy control, increased strength, enhanced control over various element based spells, a synthetic liquid? Oh Im going to have field day with this stuff. Pleasure doing business with you" 

Before continuing the quests though, he alerts the rest of the party he might be a few minuets and tells them to take a break or something, as he gets involved in one of Law's projects, and spends perhaps a bit more time then he intended in the ship, between helping with a super forge printer (Which he is quite impressed by and eager to try out later), making tea for a (copy?) eldritch god, and putting more planter boxes in the ship.

He DOES notice the bug he brought from the agony is missing, and none of the golems seem to have seen it, but after a few moments of thinking, Leo shrugs.
It was either somewhere it was going to get squished and killed, somewhere where it was going to get captured, somewhere where it couldn't hurt anyone, or running about on the ship somewhere.

After all they spent a while on the ship after helping the village, what with how long it took to get exams done.

At worst, there would be an infestation to deal with later in exchange for valuable research material.
At best, it would wander into this room, lured by the presence of its associated biome.

Leo briefly considers using a mana pulse to dominate it and lure it back, but decides that sending pulses over the whole ship for an hour to catch a bug that might not be here for an hour might be a waste of time.

Especially given he had work to do.

And so, he returns to the party

"Alright, Sorry for taking so long, who's up for checking out the clock tower?"

------------
Takumi 
-----------

Takumi groans at the sight of the old, decaying equipment and piping.  As both an engineer and lab technician it was like being slapped in the face, a feeling that was likely not helped by the times he had formerly worked on and maintained hydroponics equipment as an apprentice and then some. 

Thankfully this experience meant something as simple as a fountain, even one in such horrid condition should be no trouble.
 He just needed to grab....his.....tools....and...

Well this was a problem. Takumi now realized he had gotten pretty far ahead of himself and cursed the untimely timing of his getting pulled into the multiverse.
Couldn't they have waited till he was back at the hotel? Or better yet, grabbed him while he was still at work?

Takumi starts looking around to see if someone left any tools here, but partly hopes he won't find them in such poor conditions.