[IC]TotMG:DC Trouble in Traverse Town

StormLord

Satomi started a little as something started talking to her -- a dark blur sitting on one of the rooftops, which in the darkness of night, Satomi was only just able to resolve as a humanoid silhouette (and if he had been wearing something greyer, she doubted she'd have been able to do that). Her response to his words, though, was defensive and immediate -- "No, I know perfectly well where I'm going!" She didn't need directions, of course she wasn't just... well... okay... maybe she WAS lost, but that didn't mean she didn't have it under control! She could totally figure out somewhere useful to go, she didn't need to be... led around!

There was a long pause.

"But... if I were to theoretically need directions, to some sort of issue or threat that needs solving, or maybe hypothetically to a clock tower, what would you say?"

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The figure reached up one hand under their hood, Satomi figured it was to scratch their chin by how the blur moved.

"Hypothetically..."

He took another long breath off the pipe, causing a feint red point to appear for a second.

"The path to the light, while comforting, will lead you astray and end in a hollow facade."
Satomi caught a feint wisp of the smoke from the pipe.  It was heavy and sweet, almost oppressively so, with distinct fruity notes she couldn't place.
"The middle path has served you well up until now, but ultimately will not take you where you need to be."

The figure reached out and pointed towards the quiet dimly lit path on the left.

"Your path will lead you into the darkness."

They took another drag off their pipe, sending a ring of light grey smoke out that Satomi could barely see against the night sky.

"This worlds have a mind of their own, they'll guide you to where you're needed most.  But stick close to any lights you find in the night, lest you get swallowed by the darkness."

---------------------

Leo
--------------------- 

Leo moves over to examine the machine, and speaks his analyze spell over it, examining and its functions carefully...

Spoiler

[93]
Analyzing the device with his magic Leo picks up numerous advanced mechanical designs all miniaturized beyond reason.  Many of the designs shouldn't physically be possible, or otherwise show up on his spell as extraneous or non-functional.
Without a doubt this is the work of a Mundanus Extremis.

Leo receives 1 point towards his Unification Hypothesis, and a:

Scrap of Knowledge: Obtained from studying a machine that manipulates time without using magic.  Grants a minor bonus to a relevant check, consumable.

Spoiler

Antibonginator: a mechanical device designed and created by a Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz.  Its intended purpose was to stop the annoying ringing of a nearby clocktower by stopping it mid-tick and making it skip an entire hour at a time thus preventing it from ever reaching the hour mark.

"Oh man, look at this, manipulation of time using completely mundane construction. Anomalous miniaturization, Structures....I can't even begin to understand what half of these parts do! Its been a while since I had a product of an Extremis to pour over. It seems a little overkill to use something like this to skip Intervals on a clock but it could be useful, not to mention great research material."

Its easy to hear the mix of rampant eagerness , slight befuddlement (Probably at the aforementioned overkill) and genuine respect in his voice. This was the product of someone who had mastered their craft to such an amazing degree time could be touched with plain machinery. Manipulate time with magic? Leo could DO that with the right materials. The simple things mostly, but he could do more with some time, spellwork, and work building the right golems.

But this was a product of pure engineering and machining. He couldn't find any enchantments ANYWHERE in this. Even the materials where, as far as he could tell, completely mundane, except perhaps some anomalous forging? He would have to look closer later.

"Here, help me get this off, CAREFULLY."

---------------------

Takumi

---------------------

Takumi looked at the sharks.
He recognized them as sharks instantly. They had been extinct on Ar Ciel since the Grathnode Infertia, up until the recent restoration, where they started to turn up again, but its not like he had never seen pictures or read about them.

He shouldn't really be surprised. If other worlds could give birth to humans, they could surely give rise to other familiar animals as well.
Granted. These were talking and playing poker which was not at all a trait he expected sharks ANYWHERE to have.

He stared for a moment as he tried to figure out how to react, before he decided to just not question it anymore.
"Sorry to interrupt, but do you know where vacant rooms a bath is? Im exhausted" 

Francis looks around, eyeing up the rest of the patrons as he walks towards the "bartenders". It was an odd place, having a mix of space men and Texans and mushroom people... But he quite liked it! It was very lively! Before he could let himself get distracted, he approached the two at the pot, shouting to be heard over the music. "Excuse me, sirs! Could you tell me what exactly is this place!? This is my first time here and I'm a bit... confused."

Satomi had a lot of negative qualities to her (stubborn to such an extreme point that "to a fault" doesn't adequately describe it, xenophobic [if less than most in her homeland], and possessed of a very fiery temper), but she wasn't stupid. So when this man began speaking the way he did, mysterious and his words practically dripping with double meanings, her little defensive blustering fell away and she fell silent, just listening, just contemplating what he was saying. After a few moments of silence, she eventually spoke up.

"...you're being literal and figurative at the same time here, aren't you? I would wager that if I were to go down that dark path I would in fact end up... either at the clocktower or I guess somewhere there'd be a problem to solve, but... I... think that this sounds too fitting to be just a coincidence." Satomi had been throwing herself fully into her pursuit of protection of worlds from the Trespassers, and she'd been fully aware that she was sacrificing some things to do so -- the time to perform mundane good deeds like save a deer from the collateral damage of her siege weaponry, for example. She knew that a simple light-hearted path of festivity was not one that could be trod at the same time as the path of Duty. These were things that she'd already decided, of course. But something he was saying, about getting swallowed by darkness? Was that a path that she could potentially be facing? So many threats came from evil and darkness back in Rokugan... to be consumed by it would be a terrible fate indeed. "How is it that you know enough to say something like that? Who are you, precisely? Are you involved with the battle against the Trespassers, perhaps?" Was he telling her the truth about her path? Was it a warning or an encouragement? And if he was involved with the fight against the Trespassers... was he a friend?

• 2 weeks later...

Leo and Ena obtain one "Antibonginator: this device can be attached to any sufficiently large clock and through the use of anomalous time manipulation it will cause the clock to skip back in time every few seconds, effectively putting it in stasis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bruce" sets his cards face-down on the table and swims up from his chair and over to Takumi, smiling broadly with a mouth full of teeth.

"What's this a little fish?  If it's a bath you're looking for you might check the Yellow room."

"I am Fungosio!"

"And I am the Mycomagus!"

"We seek to return to the sauce!  That glorious primordial ooze that brithed us all."
"But the trip is long, so we serve refreshments."
"Want a sample?"

The second of the wizards(?) pulled up a cup ladle full of the glowing liquid in the pot and gestured at Francis.

"Professional's guarantee, haven't given a bad trip in centuries!"

"Think of me as a...concerned third party.  It best serves both our interests for you and your friends to continue to do well in preparing the worlds.  Even if sometimes we feel our mutual acquaintance in management is a bit too...impersonal."

Satomi watches him take yet another puff before turning on his rooftop and dropping down to her level, landing upright a few feet away.

"I do not expect to be taken on my word alone just yet Miss Kaiu, and I know you are a woman of action.  Such a quiet world does not suit you."
He reaches into his coat with his off hand and pulls out a small notebook wrapped with twine and old torn brown paper.
"Take this to the man in the Accessories shop, it will give you something more productive to do."

Francis eyes the brew for a few moments, before looking around. Seeing as no one seemed to be too... affected by it, and besides, it'd be rude to refuse a free sample! "Well, I was supposed to be doing something, but if you're offering I might as well!"

-------------------

Leo
-------------------
"Alright. Next on the list is those powerlines. That shouldn't take long to fix at all."

Assuming no objections Leo starts to head down towards the location of the frayed powerlines.

-------------------

Takumi
-------------------

Takumi looks up at the shark and nods
"Thank you, sorry for interrupting."
And makes to close the door and check out the yellow room.

• 1 month later...

Francis:
As Francis takes the drink he can quickly feel the glow permeating his body, causing everything around him to gain an unnatural glow, something harsh and almost painful at first but that fades with time.  After a few moments to adjust he notices the various fungi in the establishment retain the most of the glow in veins and mesmerizing patterns, and the two Fungimancers altered similarly.  The other patrons however aren't left quite as similar.

Of the two cowboys closest to Francis the one dressed in black is like a cold shadow, a colorless blank in a room of vibrance nearly choking out the man next to him.  Glowing red blood drips from the hilt of the knight's sword, but not the blade, and a snake wraps around his arm.  The lizardmen each glow a different almost blinding color, crimson with smoking eyes and black horns, blue with a single horn and sparking haze, and white with a misty crown of diamond shaped ice crystals.  The Norseman's arms appear etched with glowing runes in a myriad of colors while the old fashioned woman has spider-like legs and features over her own that glow a feint purple.  The being made of stars seems to expand into an impossible vastness that covers everything and yet remains calmly seated and contain, while the little creature beside it despite being dwarfed are ever-present.  Lastly the images of skulls overlay the heads of each of the astronauts, with glowing skeletons visible through their suits.

Leo:

Leo finds the damaged powerlines easily enough.  Given the obvious yellow caution tape and bright orange cones in front of a loudly and brightly sparking segment of cable.  The cable appears to be insulated and bolted to the bricks along the backmost wall of the district, running from a building on one end to another catty-corner from it.

Takumi:

Surprisingly enough Takumi finds an unused room nicely furnished and decorated with blooming yellow flowers.  Inside there is a second door leading to a small stocked bathroom.

"Well, that's certainly much less subtle." Satomi digested what she was being told with a predictably wary look, giving the cloaked figure a little bit of a side-eye as she listened to him. But she was by no means showing open hostility, or even really hostility at all -- more simply the somewhat grumpy paranoia of someone who feels she's been personally on the losing end of things far too many times recently. "I would think that by "mutual acquaintance" you would mean Ebon, but being a 'third party' would draw that into question... I can't think of anybody else, however. I suppose that's worth considering at some point. However..." Satomi took the notebook from the mysterious man, and turned it over a few times in her hands, looking it over carefully. "You are right on my stances on action and quiet, and to a degree on trust -- the circumstances are certainly suspicious, after all. However... let it be never be said that a Crab let an opportunity to better fight the necessary fight go untaken simply due to squeamishness around a stranger. The accessory shop, you said?"

There was a brief pause as Satomi remembered the circumstances that led to her current position in the first place. "...er... where would I find that?"

Francis looks around, his eyes adjusting to the various sights slowly. After a few moments he turns to the fungimancers. After a few more moments he shakes himself out of the trance their fungus put him under to finally speak. "Whoa.... What is this stuff? And if you have extra could I have some to take with? I could see this being useful for for some experiments..."

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Before moving on to actually fixing the wires, Leo starts looking over the area to try and figure out what frayed them this badly to begin with.

Leo's inspection of the area surrounding the wire is quickly interrupted when a large grey-blue and white house cat with no obvious collar comes stalking up on its hind legs holding an...pesticide-smoke gun?  With one paw stretched out at roughly Leo's hip level to push him aside the cat eyes a small crack in the wall with a death glare as it jams the business end of the gun into it and starts pumping like mad.  A moment or two later and Leo can already see smoke wafting from the seams of the siding with no sign of the cat slowing down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It is a solution to bring one's mind closer to the primal creation."

"Indeed as close as we can make it."

"We could part with some of this precious potion, but what do you have to offer us hmm?"

"Money is well and good, but something rare from the worlds beyond would be...better."

-------------
Leo
-------------

Leo watches the cat pump more and more toxins into the crack, as the smoke begins to pour out from the building seems. How much were they putting in?
May as well ask. If he knew what kind of pest it was, maybe he could proof the wires against it.

"Pest Trouble? Whats in there that needs that much?" 

--------------

Takumi

-------------

Takumi heads into the bathroom and prepares to cleanup, removing his armor and sitting it by the bath for rinsing, and laying his clothes haphazardly on the counter.
He takes the the cufflinks into the bath with him, and while relaxing tries to examine them, and get a feel for using them. What do they really even do?

He also cleans himself and his armor as best as he is able, washing the metallic surface and quickly drying it off.

The man gives Satomi a slow nod of confirmation at her reasonable deductions before replying.

"The first building you see at the entrance to this world, small, two story, in the middle of a courtyard.  Hmm....Well I'm afraid that's all the time I've got left."

The man shrugs as he takes the last puff off his pipe and taps the smoldering ash off onto the cobblestones.  He turns towards the pathway Satomi had just come from, taking a step that direction.

"I'm sure we'll meet again."

He walks away with a wave, ignoring any further questions and seeming to melt away with the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After nearly an hour of wandering attempting to track Satomi and realizing perhaps too late that this town's layout is a bit more non-Euclidean than it first seems.  Kusuke finds himself staring down a narrow alley particularly darker than the others he's been through.  Buildings nearby are either windowless, empty, or boarded up.  While the periodic gas lamps that have been dotting the area appear dimmer than usual, almost oppressed.  Even the starlight is impeded by the patchwork of roofs, awnings, and clotheslines.

Up ahead he faintly hears voices, Satomi's and a deep voice of someone he doesn't recognize.

The cat either doesn't hear Leo's question or just opts to ignore him as they continue to saturate the wall with poisonous gas.  Leo notices some movement in a windowsill nearby, just above where the cat is applying poison.  From another small rodent hole in the crease of the window Leo watches a small brown mouse wearing a full-face gasmask complete with tiny oxygen tanks.  It glances up at Leo briefly before glaring down at the cat, whom has yet to notice.

[20 vs 12]

Takumi takes to the magic the cufflinks let him tap into quite adeptly, finding the rhythm and flow of it within just a few minutes and successfully casting a simple spell.  Some of the magic seems to linger with him.

Spoiler

Water(Trick): A simple spell to allow the user to create and control several small orbs of liquid water or manipulate several gallons of existing water.  If the water changes phase or becomes significantly diluted control is lost.

Francis rubs his chin. A problem this indeed was, for what could he offer that they might find... exotic enough a payment? After a few moments to consider, he reaches into his coat and pulls out what appears to be alligator skin, though shiny and grey with some dents in the more scalelike parts of it. "What do you think of this? It's Cybergator skin. Infused with nanites to be nearly as strong as steel, while still being nice and flexible. Usually I use it when clients want a limb that's still got some feel to it but either want extra protection or just think it looks cool."

Kusuke peered into the darkness as he continued to move forward. "Satomi?" He was pretty sure that was her voice, even if he didn't recognize the other. "Is that you?" This place had a bizarrely oppressive atmosphere; not shocking, given what he knew of Traverse Town, but it was still at odds with the rest of the patchwork city. "This place is getting me turned around a little.Disconcerting, that was. Kusuke was a good navigator in most cases, a skill necessary to avoid unfortunate incidents when skipping about through time and space. He didn't often get lost, and doing so was not exactly comforting.

Satomi put her hands on her hips, staring just a bit frustratedly at the vague darkness where her erstwhile conversational partner had one been. "Well, that was quite the mix of cryptic and straightforward, wasn't it? Still, on the whole, I suppose that that was helpful." She started almost imperceptibly at the sound of Kusuke's voice, and then turned to him. "Ah! Kusuke-san. I admit that I had temporarily become lost myself - it's quite the maze of a city, to be sure. Still, my quest to find something useful has turned out to be a success indeed. I met an individual who, though perhaps somewhat suspicious, claims to be from another organization that is also a foe of the Trespassers, or at least has some manner of interest in the strengthening of worlds against them. I cannot know their ultimate goals, and he was very clearly intentionally vague, but it is useful to know that the force we belong to is not the only one that is acting in defense of the multiverse."

She nodded and crossed her arms, giving Kusuke a very much triumphant look. "And, it should be noted, by the by, my attempts to find a worthwhile activity to pursue ultimately met with success! I was given this package," here she waved it with a little self-satisfied flourish, "and told that if I deliver it to the accessory shop, I will be given a task that is more productive than what we have had offered to us here. We will... simply have to make our way back to the entrance, a point from which I have been given directions." She realized that that was still perhaps somewhat daunting, but not enough not to press onwards! "Would you care to join me, Kusuke-san?"

• 2 months later...

Leo looks at the mouse, then shrugs. He keeps on eye on the cat, waiting for them to get done, or run off, while he casually preforms the shape solid spell, moving it through the cable and bringing the torn and frayed insulation back together. 

Maybe he could ask the mouse to show him how or where they got such a small gasmask if the cat ran off. It was clearly intelligent enough to use one. Not that that was conclusive.

"If it's not at least passed out by now, I don't think thats going to work."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takumi is surprised by how easy it is, the process feeling incredibly natural, with the water moving and bending in response to him. But whats more surprising is when he somehow manages to call a ball of water into being, he drops control by mistake when it appears, but even after dropping it, the bath seems a bit more full.

Trying again, he forms a ball between his hands and drops control, when it collapses it starts running through his fingers just as he would expect actual water to. To both his own senses, and the senses the cufflinks are giving him they feel exactly the same.

But there was no way he could be creating water right? He was likely to concentrating existing moisture.
So he tries it more, but aside from the feeling of becoming increasingly exerted, there is no change in the air around him, nor does the water created disappear.

He decides to go back and investigate the fountain and mural further. There were few explanations he could think of for this, and in the absence of time and space to do proper testing and research, investigating the area would have to do.

So he gets dressed, and heads back outside, paying close attention to the things he senses as he moves.

• 3 weeks later...

Satomi and Kusuke

Navigating out of the twisting labyrinthine alleyways is surprisingly far easier than navigating in had been and within a few short minutes Satomi and Kusuke were back to the courtyard they had awoken in.  Heading into the Accessories shop Satomi finds the man at the counter leaned back with a magazine.  He glances up and sets it down as she hands over the package, which he promptly tears into after reading the label.

He pulls out a small pouch and dumps it out on the countertop, about ten palm-sized star-shaped golden coins pour out.  He gives a soft whistle at the currency and continues to leaf through the papers.
"Somebody really owed you huh?"

He carefully pulls out a couple pieces of paper that look like an order manifest and sets down the rest.
"It'll take me a few minutes to dig out the crates, but while you wait..."
He looks up from the manifest long enough to pull a dense hardbacked book out from under the counter, blue and red with bits of gold trim and a silhouette drawing of two small furry creatures Satomi doesn't recognize on the front.

Spoiler

Gummi Craft 101: A heavy tome referencing the fundamental practices and techniques needed to build stable, functional Gummi parts for interdimensional vessels.  Written by Royal Engineers Chip and Dale.

May be studied for a chance to obtain Gummi blueprints.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo

The cat largely waves Leo off, but after another minute or two Leo can see he's getting tired and caught a few too many whiffs of his own medicine.  The cat eventually passes out at the hole.

Sealing the torn wire is trivial with Shape Solid, but Leo feels like these two will find another way to break it if he doesn't reinforce it.

Takumi

Takumi finds the mural unchanged from when he left it before, aside from the secret compartment having closed itself in.

Francis

One of the two 'wizards' takes the Cybergator skin and gives it a close inspection.  Reluctantly he passes it to his partner.

"This will...suffice."

Francis watches him pull out two small vials and fill them with The Sauce then cork and wax seal them.

Spoiler

The Sauce(x2): This magical potion brings one's mind closer to primal creation, allowing the user to see the truer being of creatures and the environment around them.

Allows the user to see through some forms of invisibility and disguise, or offers new information by revealing what something might be.

"Frankly speaking, it's more of a matter of someone clearly wanting me to do something," Satomi mentioned in an almost offhanded matter to the shopkeeper.  "...still, I am more than a little bit curious, so I'll admit that I'm looking forward to seeing what it is I've been provided with here." It didn't take very long for Satomi to have her attention rather thoroughly stolen by the engineering book -  in what may have seemed like an instant, she had her notebook out with pen (pilfered from Earth Bet all that time ago) in hand, scribbling down notes. "Oh, but this is a interesting opportunity, right here... it had not occurred to me to try to check the engineering insights of this world. That, I suppose, was a grave misstep. How could I be so consumed with something to do and not even think to indulge my curiosities? Hmmm..."

• 1 month later...

"Just be careful. I've learned not to trust 'helpful advice' from mysterious strangers if I don't have a way to verify it myself." Kusuke shot the book a suspicious look despite its innocuous appearance. "Doing what you're asked without stopping to ask how or why is the quickest road to hell."

The man disappears up the ladder for a few minutes before coming back into the room through the front door.

"I don't know where you want'em but I left the crates in the yard.  You can use the dolley to move them if you like."

Glancing outside Satomi and Kusuke see four heavy-looking wooden crates on a dolley.

Spoiler

Firm Gummi x50

Volatile Gummi x25

Fluid Gummi x25 

• 1 month later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Traverse Town~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a great rumble, not unlike an earthquake.  Powerful enough to be felt by anyone regardless of location and continues for several moments before stopping.

Leo and Enma notice some shingles falling loose, and Enma's sensors detect the rumbling coming from a distinctly lateral direction, not underground.

Francis notices odd streaking and streching lines through his vision until the quaking finally stops.  A wave of murmur passes over the bar, followed by several patrons standing to leave and most returning to their business.

Satomi and Kusuke don't notice much from inside the accessory shop, though the man behind the counter does look up, slightly puzzled.

"That can't be good.  Only happens when the city needs more space...I probably don't have to tell you two why a bunch of refugees from a another world is bad?"

Takumi feels a hum from the mural, something almost....singing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The WeatherLight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirri and Law are perhaps surprised when the ship powers up of its own accord, panels and doors closing and sealing automatically.

Two short rides later and the ship finally docks itself once more, and the transit portal to Traverse Town opens.  Allowing myriad creature and monster to pour out.

---------

Leo

--------

Leo opens his mouth to respond, before freezing when the shaking hits.

After a few moments of looking around following the sudden quake and seeing nothing collapsing, Leo resumes his answer.  

"Nothing smell related comes to mind. I could try, but it's not really something I've messed with."

Leo looks around the alleyway, noticing scattered trash and looks back at the wall with its sure to be ruined yet again cable. The mouse and cat in question likely live in this area and given how proficient with tools they seemed to be he was sure any casual attempt at protecting the wire was doomed to fail and only stall the inevitable. 

'Attempts at protecting it'. Leo smirks as the thought crosses his mind, amused by his idea.

"I think I know what to do. If the wire needs to be repaired all the time, why not just keep someone around to repair it? Give me a minute."

Leo grabs some of the scattered trash around them, and starts pulling out samples of various materials.

Mana is moved from material to material, metal is formed into being and altered, mushrooms are made to weep, screaming hellish faces bend the energy around them, starlight imparts electricity and light and dark foam and churn, liquid crystals drip from one of his rings, along with other effects as Leo does a number of tests, looking for something, or rather multiple somethings.

It takes several minutes rather than one, but in the end, he seems to have found something that works. For the wires he settles for one of the first results. Old nails and some other trash are transformed into a glowing, soft clay like metal using the power of a synthetic metal.

Spoiler

Unstable Castoff creates itself when applied to itself, but....
It's also extremely sensitive to the ambiance!  Leo obtains Lunar-Storm Castoff, a metallic clay-like material that shines and sparks with an unnatural aura.  It's more stable than the previous Castoff and remains solid until sufficiently different mana moves through it.

Organic materials and a chunk of brick Leo attempts to transmute or synthesize with all end up turning into an inert mealy substances, but a stray steel nail sticks.  It takes on a dull grey coloration, a lustrous glow, and become soft and pliable like clay.  He suspects they would conduct electricity quite well.

Thaum > Proto-demonite > Shiverthorn + Thaum > Green Tourmaline) > Deathwyvern Scale[2, 15](5): This mana type forms twisted screaming faces made of synthetic keratin when applied to organic material.  The faces expel any energy passing over or through them as light and heat from their mouths and crackling electricity from their eyes, their screaming is a high pitched whine that increases in volume and pitch as energy increases near them.

(Thaum > Proto-demonite > Shiverthorn + Thaum > Green Tourmaline) DeathWyvern Scale > Blue Mushroom wood[15, 5](23): The grain of the blue mushroom becomes covered in screaming faces as above, the faces leak tears of a thick teal sap loaded with bacteria.

(Thaum > Proto-demonite > Shiverthorn + Thaum > Green Tourmaline) > DeathWyvern Scale > (Assorted junk)[12, 9](76): Noteworthy interactions include a shard of glass creating a wailing face made of roiling light, a steel nail that creates magnetism in the shape of a screaming face, and a stone brick that causes carving of screaming faces to grow on its surface.  All of the faces expel absorbed nearby energy as light, heat, and electricity(depending on what it is).

Thaum > Lunar-Storm Castoff > Bluemsuhroom Sap[14, 9](78): The Bluemushroom Sap is transmuted into Lunar-Storm Sap, a dull teal-grey putty-like material.

Thaum > Lunar-Storm Sap[19, 6](11): A liquid mana type that causes bacteria to grow in response to starlight.  These bacteria also create a strong static charge over time. 

[13, 11](79)
Grinding up the Lunar-Storm Castoff in this manner causes it to lose much of its elemental power.  Blending it with the sap results in a thicker, more pliable and easier to mold material.  It looks about like one might expect, shiny greyish specks floating suspended in a glossy teal material.
This creates Teal Resin.

Thaum > Prismatic Plastic > Pink Slime[17, 12](98): This elemental mana type coats protons in a thin layer of bouncy magic, causing them to rebound off eachother and nearly any surface.  The result is a fine "foam" that appears to be made of blinding light mingling with total darkness.

Thaum > Prism > Plastic > Pink Slime
This mana type creates fuming acidic slime that made glassy rainbow bubbles when the melted material dries

Thaum > Teal Resin
This liquid weak dark teal death mana causes fungal worts to grow on anything organic its applied to.

Thaum > Lunar Castoff > Glass > Aquamarine
This mana creates Wave Gazer Water when applied to Aquamarine. A liquid that releases a ray when agitated, even slightly. The released wave bounces off of EM fields instead of solid objects.

The other thing he needed was a bit more elusive, prompting him to break away from his work for a moment to check if Ena had any silicone, which was a no go. But by combining the mealy grain of synthetic metal with sap tears drawn from a mushrooms contorted face, he managed to get a pliable teal colored resin. He still didn't look quite happy with it, and poked at it a bit suspiciously, but eventually settled for good enough. Protective covering for the wires.

Transmuted Lunar-Storm Wires which could be made from scrap metal, and perhaps other trash, And an easily produced resin made from a mix of Lunar-Storm Castoff and Blue Mushroom sap. Both of which a single golem could create internally with relative ease.

With the materials the golem would need to make and repair the electrical wiring now complete, Leo creates a pair of special eyes for it, hollow glass lenses filled with a blue water like liquid.

And the rest is child's play. materials are reshaped, spells are cast, and enchantments are woven. In Leo’s hands stands a small metal mouse on two legs, clearly inspired by their observing ‘friend’ in the window. Its small core glowing softly, as does its sparking tail tip and the soulless eyes gazing back up at its creator, awaiting instruction.

Leo frowns at it, before reaching up with his other hand and tapping it in the side of the head repeatedly. It twitches and seems scrambled for a moment as the vibrations ripple through its liquid filled eyes like stones tossed into a pond, all too clear and visible for what should be a filled container. Fizzy silvery static showup in the crests before the ripples shift and align to flow upwards like static lines on an old tv, and oval shaped pupils appear in its eyes. The lines sometimes shift and curve, or receive more distorting bouncing ripples as it moves, but always seem to return to its ‘Retro Static’ appearance giving it a bit of character.

Now making at least a minor effort to not LOOK like a soulless machine marching mechanically to its defined goals Leo sets his little art project down, where it begins its work. As soon as the cat, now regaining consciousness, sees the little worker, it runs right for it, instantly validating Leo's decision to put a negative kelvin eternal ice spike on its tail. Even if he didn't intend the sparking electrical tip to be dedicated self defense equipment.

Spoiler

Blah blah blah, Shape solid, Blah blah Golem crafting grants plus four to int for the craft, and assures success. Before modification Int is 6, Syn is 4, and Ess is 5.

The mouse is somewhat modeled after our troublesome mouse friend, and inside its body, tubes connecting a chamber in its stomach with its arms, deals in transmuting, synthesizing, and extruding material.

The arms and chamber have internal Lunar-storm Castoff bands which are used to transmute incoming compatible material, mostly metal, into moldable wires  

A second chamber with Weeping Blue MushroomWood Is used to create and pipe the sap to the arms as needed as well, to be mixed with synthesized Lunar-storm Castoff and turned into Teal Resin, to cover and protect the wires.

The eyes he made are included to let it properly see where it should be working (And he tweaks them till he gets them to look like he wants them to.)

And for good measure, Leo includes a bit of Negative-K Eternal ice in its tail, to let it provide small amounts of electricity to wiring if it needs to while working.

Leo briefly considers filling some of the empty space between its parts, but writes it off as unnecessary and a potential strain on the mana intake of its small components (Read, It dosent matter now, but its got space for self improvement and more synthetic and transmuted parts later when it goes feral/native)

Its core is formed from nearby scrap metal, with parts of it softened by transmuting it to lunar-storm castoff, giving it a nice glow, and some extra thinking capacity, so it can lay its wires intelligently and experiment with materials and arrangements, with a harder glass center for retaining the core directives and restrictions for as long as possible.

((Construct the rest of its body with either metal junk, junk transmuted into metal, or stuff from storage in the Weatherlight I guess. I just want it to look toon robot mousy.))

Spoiler

(17 vs 3) Great success!
(55) Neutral random effects.

Leo creates the mouse more or less as written, though when he sets it to work and backs off to watch it he immediately thanks his plan to add the Negative-K ice to its tail.  As as soon as the cat notices a new mouse in the are he goes for the grab and gets a nasty shock that leaves him oddly blacked and brunt until her shakes it off and continues going after the first mouse instead.

As soon as the cat gets up and chases after its other target, Leo sees fit to comment on its apparent toughness.

“Resilient fellow isn't he?”

Snow ignores the question to instead bring up a number of concerns.

“Are you sure this is a good idea? Even if you used glass for its main directives, letting it experiment with soft programming is going to make it go feral all the faster.”

“It's pretty small, so its thinking and memory is bound to hit a cap soon, I wouldn't worry about it expanding too much. It needs all the freedom and creative thinking it can get to find wire material and route power. Besides, given that everyone around here probably wants the electricity to keep flowing, it's bound to keep working on keeping things running. So it's less going feral and more going native.”

“And the synthetics? What if it starts self modifying or leaving hazardous junk around.”

“I set it not to do too much synthesis and focus on transmuting and mixing material, and I forbade modifying itself in the glass regions. It will take a while for that to decay. Even if something happens it's not all that big, and it should still want to do its job. We can come check up on it later if we need to. For now, this should keep everyone from having to worry about the power. It's just one mouse.”

Job now complete, Leo stretches and relaxes, seeming pleased with himself, before turning to his companion.

“That quake doesn't seem likely to start up again. Maybe it's about time to take a break and enjoy the town. What about you Ena?”

------------------------------------------------
Takumi (Edit in a min)
------------------------------------------------