[IC]TotMG:DC Trouble in Traverse Town

StormLord

After cleaning the critter blood off, Mirri gets to work  She starts by disassembling her armor, removing the Beskar plates and mail from the undersuit, and setting them in neat rows, as well as popping access panels to expose the electronics inside.  Then she ducks into the cockpit of her X-Wing to wiggle out of the undersuit, replacing it with a simple brown robe for modesty's sake, and lays it out as well.  She disassembles her blaster, and lays out it and her riot shield.  And then she places her lightsaber off to the side.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------
Leo
----------------

To Satomi 

Spoiler

"Something is lodged up top in the clocktower. Not sure why. Maybe someone blew something up and a piece got stuck up there. We will just have to see"

Leo nods to Ena and follows along, heading into the building
"These caught my eyes right away, and they offer some great effects and mana types. Releasing latent power, better energy control, protective mana, the works. Ill take some time later and see about some proper testing. Im really looking forward to messing with some of these. Alternate casting with green tourmaline sounds like it would give good results, and the aquamarine can make liquid. Tourmaline to aquamarine might be really good actually."

---------------

Takumi
---------------

Takumi finally finishes getting the pipes in place and flicks the drain clog away with a momentarily disgusted face, only to be followed shortly after by a dismayed one as the pump literally crumbles to pieces in his hands. Hopefully no one was going to try and make him pay for that, Its not like it could have been made any better. He could scarcely fathom why this system was in such disrepair, everything else looked rather nice in the area....even if this place was freaking him out, what with its empty hotel, eternal darkness, and sparse activity.

It was like the opening to a mystery novel or a horror story where- 
Wait no don't think about that while in the dark underground unfamiliar pumphouse alone.

He didn't have much money on him. Did they even take Leaf here? With little option for fixing the pump, Takumi heads back to the area they came in from for a bit, and gets brought up to speed on the ships, the unwanted items piled aboard, and an apparently new super printer.

Looking around Takumi begins to help himself to the metal supply and more minor items left laying around unwanted, starting by building himself an actual set of tools
If he can just figure out how this works

Spoiler

(7, 2) (5)
Takumi makes a few adjustments and mostly guesses with most of the fields that pop up.  He only actually knows what about a third of them mean and has vague guesses on another third.  The machine draws up his feedstock readily and starts printing an arrangement of tools.  About halfway through the process the machine flashes up an error.
"materialType field overflow error.  Unknown material specified!  Reverting to default matter state."
It looks like the tools are functionally fine, but some of the polymer handles and grips seem to have been replaced with...bright yellow sponge?  Why would that be the default material?

Wave Technician's Toolbox:
Grants a +1 bonus to working with simple mechanics and Wave tech.  Tool handles are made of sponge.

Takumi just kind of does his best to shrug off the strange behavior of the equally strange and out of context super tech, and after holding one of the tools for a few moments decides its good enough. 

Looking over the alien alloy, Takumi tries to scratch it, and upon failing strikes the metal and listens to its sound as he feels the vibrations travel up through his wrench and his arms.

Noding to himself he takes two alien alloy Ingots, the remaining Biotic Field Generator, and some extra two gold ingots for conversion and uses them to construct a new pump.

He uses his tools for this as much as he can, but will use the printer for making the casing and such. The intended result is a durable, long lasting water pump with a distinct look. Being made of Alien alloy, brass (Converted from the gold) and glowy tech bits and such.

Spoiler

(11, 12) 
(40)
(16)

Takumi gets a bit carried away as he works on the pump, ending with something that's probably overkill for such a simple fountain.  On the bright side it has an adjustable pressure slide and can output enough water in a tight stream to cut stone.
(Replacement Pump Obtained)

Ok so maybe this was a LITTLE stupid. Well...At least it wouldn't really clog?

Returning to the pump house to find it just as he left, Takumi begins to install the pump bolting things down, connecting pipes, ensuring everything fits, and at last turns it on, and breaths a sigh of relief at the sound of it starting up as he begins to pack everything back up. 

The Enderman blood is wiped away with little hesitation by Law's machine, as is the corpse.
(+2 Ender-resonant feedstock)

Mirri neatly sets out her weapons and armor and prepares to get to work.
(7)
She immediately notices strange warping lines where the crystalline structure of the baskar metal has twisted and changed.  Growing and shrinking crystal sizes and patterns that shouldn't be possible.
Taking close inspection of the electronics she notices odd cell buildup in several areas, as well as some chip board degradation.

There is some chemical damages on the undersuit and less so on the actual armor.

Her blaster, lIghtsaber, and riot shield all seem to be in working order though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving into the main building under the clocktower Leo and Ena find themselves in a brightly lit room full of mechanical equipment.  Whirring gears line the walls and ceiling, platforms up and down between levels and horizontally across the room.  There are three distinct levels to the room here, divided by layers of densely packed moving machinery.
The first and lowest is the one Leo and Ena are on now, it's simply a long rectangular room with a platform near the middle that periodically moves up and down between it and the second level.
The second level consists primarily of two long narrow paths along the left and right walls, with the right being where the elevator platform connects to.  Platforms moving on a series of giant gears and rotating chains over a layer of active machinery lead between the left and right maintenance walkways.
The third level is a little more unclear, but looks to involve grabbing hold of a bar on a passing gear to ride up and then hopping between several large horizontal gears and inbetween gear teeth to reach a small balcony and doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takumi walks out to see several small streams of water being pumped into the fountain and already beginning to dilute it and wash out some of the gunk.  Now that the water has some clarity he notices a small pull-lever under the water near the middle.

"Indeed, energy control may be rather interest. I wonder if it would work on my methods. Or perhaps my methods would work on it. One or the other."

Ena stared up through the tower, noting the lack of any clear stairs or walkway to the final level.

"What a convoluted path."

"Well, shall we begin?" With that, step onto the platform to carry herself up.

"Oh, Sithspit," Mirri curses, "It's not just the electronics.  Something must've had an odd chemical reaction with my plates.  I...  I can't fix this with just some quick work.  These plates will need to be melted down and reforged.  Blast it.  Bes'kar is usually pretty good at resisting that sort of thing.  And it got into the undersuit too?  Well, better that than my skin."

Law gives Mirri a quaint look.

"Would you mind if I went ahead and broke this down?  The machinery I built should be able to handle this 'Bes'Kar' material with ease."

Law thinks for a moment.

"Honestly, we could probably do to produce something a bit better, in fact."

Bringing up a holographic screen, Law has the Ender-Printer teleport out the damaged mass of Beskar, using it as feedstock to print a small, fine chain from the material.

He frowns at the material's hideously complex name and the multitude of errors that arise from trying to duplicate it, but shrugs regardless.

"Remaking or repairing your armor should be child's play.  Precursor Engineering at work, you see."

"I- you can-  That's-"  Mirri sputters, staring at the Ender-Printer in shock, "I didn't think it was possible to machine Bes'kar.  It's not...  No one's ever successfully worked it except by hand before.  This...  I don't even know..."

In a bit of a daze, Mirri explains to Law the complicated, esoteric, and tradition-steeped methods of forging Mandalorian Iron ore into the absurdly durable Bes'kar used to form the plates of her armor.

"Yes, well, I may be cheating a bit.  I'm simply using the power of an impossibly dense substance as a forge to warp space and teleport the individual molecules from one place to another, welding them together in the process." Law explains, bringing up the schematics for the gigantic machine harnessing a core of dark matter and various ender-materials.

"A rather more brutish method of manufacturing than I'm used to, but it does seem to get the job done."

Surprisingly, Law doesn't seem to be sarcastic in the least.

"With such a limited supply of Eco, though, I've had no choice but to figure out workarounds."

The platform effortlessly pulls Ena up to the second story where she's free to move to the next area.  She's presented with a "moderate" sized gear, about three foot diameter, that rotates away from her.  She could step onto and catch hold of the gondola suspended from a rotating chain between to gears above allowing it to pull her across.
(Dex to catch the gondola, fall on a failure and hit the ground)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Francis awakes on cold paving stones.  His mind is a bit fuzzy and his stomach a bit churned.  The last things he remembers are going to bed after a successful procedure...waking up in some strange room and made to watch some recording?  Something about monsters from the space between worlds.  Then he was knocked out again and dropped off here.
Looking around he sees a quaint little village with an odd mix of candle light and neon signs, the night sky glitters above.

Spoiler

Looking around you see a small courtyard of sorts, made of red bricks and cobblestones, lit by gentle orange and black-metal lamps and the distant starry sky above.  Buildings that look almost Tudor, with dark wood framing and red tile roofs, surround the courtyard on three sides(left, right, back) and stairs on the fourth.  Behind is simply buildings with a huge wooden gate-door. 

To the left is an archway to an unlit alley and beside it some kind of business or restaurant judging by the many tables, chairs, and candles strewn about.  Though it appears closed, understandable given the apparent time of night, there is another business next door a little further right with a large and colorful glowing sign that says "Items!".

Forward are brick stairs leading up to a small landing in front of a building with several more glowing signs reading things like "Jewelry" or "Accessories".  A path to the left leads to a second entrance for the "Items!" building and beyond it a small alley. A winding path to to the right leads up more stairs and back behind the central building.  Against the small retaining wall to the right of the courtyard stairs there is a large red cylinder "wearing" a black tophat almost as large as itself.  There seems to be some kind of mouth painted over a flap in the front of it, the word "Letters" appears on the top hat.

Finally to the right are more buildings and a gate-door not quite as huge as the one behind you.  Above it is a glowing sign in gold and cyan that reads "Traverse Town 3rd District".

There are several others loitering around the area.

Francis groans as he rolls over, doing a mental tally of his remaining limbs and digits and coming up on short! After a moment of panic where he nearly tears off one of his boots, his memories catch up to his brain and he chuckles to himself, remembering that he hasn't had ten toes in months. With his limbs all confirmed to be firmly attached and no apparent head trauma other than what he already had, the doctor stands up, stretch and rubbing his back where his surgery kit had been digging into it. Doing a quick check of his pockets he confirms that yes, everything he'd been to lazy to remove the previous night was still there in what could only be a stroke of the greatest luck. Finally, he looks around now that he's confirmed that everything on his person is in order. And he's immediately met with a wave of confusion; it didn't look like any place near where he'd been at the very least.... Then Francis smiles, that just means there'd be more people to help! ... Or to run him out of town. Again. Putting that thought out of his mind, Francis looks over the individuals loitering around, before approaching the one that looked the least threatening. "Greetings! I'm Doctor Francis Fenstermacher. Could you perhaps tell me where it is that I've ended up?" Francis briefly considers that maybe they won't understand him, but pushes that thought aside for later.

------------
Leo
------------
Leo looks around at the massive clockwork with interest, it looked well put together and everything seemed to be turning nicely. 
"I don't know, Ive seen more esoteric setups before, some of the machine dungeons iv'e been in have had pretty nuts movement and puzzles, Especially the one that had gone haywire."  Leo rubs his shoulder thoughtfully
"Just....don't fall into any machinery if you can help it, if you do, remember that its better to have to fix the gearwork and reset the system, then it is to fix you."

"It does seem a little odd there aren't stairs though, it might be a security measure, but its not out of the question this place is undergoing dungeonification. Stay alert."

Leo admires the clockwork around him as he starts to channel some safety measures, the way the turning gears continued to move and measure time.

What was that piece there for? ...Perhaps? Tick....Tick....Tick.... he listened to the sounds, the ticking, the rattling, the turning, as ideas started to form in his head and dots started to connect. 

Leo creates two balls of pink gel mana wrapped up in force mana shells to prevent them from dripping gel everywhere, and has them follow him. If they do fall, throwing these down should let him break a fall. (Essence 5, Synergy 4, Channel, Pink gel and Iron mana)

Leo then takes his turn, spending two effort, as he focuses on not falling, even as he holds on with one hand, the other hanging near snow's hilt in case he has sudden need of her or convenient iron (3 Dex, Two effort)

Snow keeps an eye out with her eye and her scanners keeping on eye on the possible dungeon tower

Frostbrute waits at the bottom floor in massive weight and 0 dex prison. While Stoneheart just kinda flys up to follow Leo

---------------------------------------------

Takumi

---------------------------------------------

Takumi waits for the water to clear up a bit more, then flips the switch

Kusuke happened to be loitering in the area, trying to decide whether he should track down Satomi and stop her from killing herself from pushing too hard, or find a place to take a nap so he didn't kill himself from pushing too hard. A lost and rather sketchy-looking man had appeared and introduced himself, providing a distraction from his current conundrum. "I think this place was called Traverse Town? It's a place between worlds, according to the one guy who's been here before. Not sure where he went off to, I assume he had some errands to take care of." He turned to fully face the man and stretched out one hand towards him, offering a handshake. "Kigane Kusuke. I'm assuming you got dragged into this Trespasser business?"

Francis smiles as he gives the Neopponese man a firm handshake. "I assume so. Fate has a funny way of bringing people on similar quests together and I suppose..." Francis doesn't release Kusuke's hand as he looks up thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. This would be an ideal time for Kusuke to note that one, it's likely he would need to pull his hand out of the man's grip if he wanted it released before he finished thinking; and two the doctor was apparently entirely unarmed, and thus was either safe, or had some form of hidden combat talent.... Probably the latter as he didn't seem to have ever been in a proper fight as a combatant at least. 

Turning back to Kusuke the odd man seems to shrug. "Well, I imagine what happened was that I rolled over and fell out of bed in just such a way that I managed to fall through a hole in reality which got me to wherever that recording was, and then finally popped me out here! So! Is there some grand plan for what we're doing here? A plan to use our talents to assist in the plight of those in need? Possibly some great war in progress that needs all the assistance possible to bring it to a halt?" Dr. Fenstermacher looks positively giddy as he lists off the possibilities, slowly pacing away before turning on his heel and stopping with a clap, grinning at Kusuke with an almost too pleased expression.

"Something like that. We're going around and making sure different worlds are in better shape to hold up against invasion." He had pried his hand back earlier with a small flash of irritation, but didn't say anything about it quite yet. "The last place we were. . . well, I'm not actually sure it was a world at all, but we're here now. Something usually comes along to point us in the right direction." Kusuke took a moment of his own to ponder the possibilities. His own universe would be a prime candidate - assuming the Black Beast wasn't already a Trespasser - but there were a lot of forces at play. "And I don't think you fell. It seems most of us were selected somehow."

Francis nods, looking thoughtful as he looks around. Finally he looks back to Kusuke resolutely. "Well my sharply dressed comrade, perhaps you would like to join me in diagnosing the nature of what ails this world? If not, being pointed towards where I might find others in our line of work would be greatly appreciated! ... By the way, do you foresee getting slashed in the future?"

Well, unfortunately, it hadn't seemed like what Leo was going to deal with was actually something terribly grand or dangerous... but... bah, it wasn't like she would get anywhere standing around and waiting for something to happen. She had to... be less choosy about what she was going to be doing, she supposed. Something being stuck inside of a clocktower... well, maybe that would ultimately be the most interesting thing. If she had to guess, it was likely that time was taken by some sort of device -- she had briefly seen clocks back on the realm with the costumed people who fought crime, hands moving by clearly mechanical and measured means, so a very extra large clock was probably going to be quite something to behold. Maybe it would have to be fixed, too, which sounded enjoyable. "Well, better that than nothing, hmm?"

Satomi jogged off in the direction of the clocktower, with a none-too-quiet jangling noise as her many pieces of gear bounced around off of her and each other as she moved. Now, sure, maybe she couldn't see the distance beyond a vague rising and falling series of blurs, but would she be able to find her way to the clocktower? Pro-- probably! It was a tower, after all, right? She just had to find a big thing.

Kusuke side-eyed Francis. "I can usually take care of that kind of thing myself. . . anyway, there's a job board around here somewhere. A few of the others have been going through them to check if there's something else going on. I don't know where everyone went, but most people here are. . . distinctive." 

[57]

As Francis flips through the job board disappointingly little catches his eye.  It all just so boring.

The only thing that did catch his eye was something about a coliseum in a place known as the "Forth" district.  A small map is attached to it with a big red "X" marking one area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[15 vs 8]
Ena waits for the perfect timing and carefully steps out onto the gear, moving with it forward to meet the rotating gondola.  She grabs hold and rides across to the opposite side.

Now on the left side she could, if she wished, grab hold of the vertical gear and move up to one of the giant horizontal gears on the third level.

[Roll stored for later]

Leo forms the small pink orbs, letting them trail behind him in wait of he or Ena falling.

[8 vs 8]

Leo casually walks out onto the first gear only to realize he didn't wait for the gondola to return.  A bit of frantic grasping and inelegant footwork transpires before finally grabbing the gondola and riding it over to where Ena was standing.

[3 vs 6]
[27]

After a good fifteen minutes of aimlessly wandering in the general direction Leo and Ena had gone Satomi finds herself lost in this maze of a place.  After all almost all the buildings look the same.  She finds herself walking down a narrow winding alley, making not quite random directional choices each time she comes to an intersection.  After what feels like an hour or more she steps up to a small four-way intersection.  The path on her right leads towards a brightly lit part of the town, she can see glowing streamers and an animal shaped spot-light in the sky.  The left is eerie, almost completely dark, with only a few small and dim lights dotting the path.  The third middle path sharply turns and leads around some large building.

As Lucian steps into the item shop he's greeted by a middle aged man who looks like any normal retail worker that's been on shift for 12+ hours.  That is to say soulless and completely done living.

They seem to have a number of 'medical' potions available, as well as some bottles of good old fashioned mead.

Takumi reaches in and pulls the lever causing a loud *click*.  For a few seconds nothing happens before the whole mural starts whirring and the front panel opens up.  Inside is a small cavity with an equally small ornate water-tight box.

Francis was almost disappointed... but only almost. A Coliseum! A perfect place for a man of his skills! After all, there'd be injured people in need of medical attention. And of course, they might just let him have some lopped off limbs or interesting organs for transplants! Only taking enough time to memorize how to get to said coliseum, Francis jogs off a new manic grin growing on his face.

After obtaining some basic locational assistance from his new companions Francis follows his map to a T, passing through some confusing back streets, past an impressive fountain plaza, and through a bustling market area(minus the bustle and stores and people, really just a festival ghost-town).

Francis discovers the 4th District

Francis comes to a small yard out from of the coliseum itself, decorations are abundant even if participants are less so.  To the left is a large wooden door with a yellow and orange sign reading "5th District: Botanical Garden" on it.

He sees two "people" near the entrance to the coliseum, the creatures are small beige humanoids with tiny wings and a single antenna with a red ball on the end.  One is standing in a ticket booth, the other is loitering near the entrance with a balloon.

Francis looks between the two creatures, before approaching the one with the balloon first. They were odd to say the least, but... perhaps the antenna was a sensory organ? Possibly it could act as a way to sense vibrations in the air and warn of incoming dangers. Or maybe it was a weapon, possibly a vestigial one. After all, tails could be used as such, and if it was hard and weighty enough it'd serve it's purpose admirably... Maybe if he asked nicely it'd allow him to dissect it.... Shaking that thought from his head, Francis put out a hand in a friendly handshake towards the creature. "Greetings my good.... Ahem, Is this the Coliseum by chance? I saw an ad talking about it and while I'm not the type for wanton violence, I do offer services as a doctor for free!"

"Kupo!" (Hello!  Welcome to the Flickrush Coliseum)
The creature makes an odd noise, but somehow Francis immediately understands what it means by it.
"Kupo kupo kupo!" (Thanks, but we train and battle Dream Eaters here.  So they're perfectly safe.)
It stops for a second and points over at its friend in the ticket booth.
"Kuuuupo!" (If you'd like to participate talk to my friend over there, if you win any medals you can cash them in for prizes here!)

Francis nods and starts to go over to the booth before pausing and turning back. "Ah, terrible sorry but two questions before I leave you. One, What is a dream eater? I've never heard of such a creature before. I'm not from around here you see. And two... I'm curious about that antenna, could you tell me it's purpose? Or better yet, let me study it!?" Francis' tone approaches a more eager and excited one as he makes his request to study the creature's antenna based organ, something that would likely make any sane person refuse just out of good sense.