[IC]TotMG:DC Trouble in Traverse Town

StormLord

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I welcome the extra company, but I think its best to start with the alley, Given that its an Active threat, and we don't know when its going to strike again."
Leo turns the map around and shows it to them

Spoiler

Traverse_Town_Map.png

"Its a bit of a round about, but it seems alright. We can swing through the Alley, likely one of the most outright dangerous jobs. Then come back through here and buy any medicine or other items we need. Then we can move into the Second District and investigate the clock tower. After that we head into the third district, I fix the powerline, and then we check out the cave."

"After that we can just come straight back here and have our shopping trip or whatever. Shouldn't take more then a few hours at most. Really the Alley is the only one a bit out of the Way"

Leo nods to himself seeming satisfied with his plan

"Well sounds like you've already found ways to busy yourselves.  I'd best get going, don't want to be late."
Frigus started walking towards the largest door, the one behind the group when they entered the world.
"I'm sure I'll be back to lend a pair of hands again soon."

He pulled open the door to reveal a swirling portal behind it and gave a wave back to the group before stepping through.  The door slowly drifted to a close behind him.

Spoiler

Leo, Mirri, and anyone else who came along would find the dark alley to be about what they expected, a poorly lit alleyway.  Puddles of scummy water collected here and there, to the left of the path in there was a bit of a dead end with a collection area full of trash cans and crates.  To the right the alley wavered between buildings, becoming narrower or wider here and there.  It seemed to open up to another path on the left a hundred or so feet down then end not far after.  The only sources of light back here were some glow from the 1st District, a single glowing lamp at the other end of the alley, and of course the stars.

All seems quiet so far.

Mirri briefly closes her eyes behind her visor...  concentrates on her feelings...  listens to the Force...  "Kusuke, stop looking at Leo!" She snaps at the time bender as she stomps into the alley, "You're clouding my senses with false positives."  Unignited lightsaber in one hand, she examines the ground for any signs of trouble or a struggle.

Kusuke turned the device over a few times, mentally comparing it to the notes in his head. "I could probably duplicate this. The methodology would be a little different, but given sufficient ambience. . ." His musings were cut off when Frigus opened a door and revealed a portal. Glancing at the two who seemed to be proceeding to the alley, it didn't take him long to decide to follow, despite the headache that was sure to follow. Leo hadn't screwed anything up yet, but given his track record, it was only a matter of time. The time traveler couldn't help but watch him out of the corner of his eye - at least until Mirri called him out, making him jump slightly. "What?" He vaguely remembered her being. . . psychic? Kusuke couldn't remember if she'd explained it. "I'll try, I guess. No promises." 

Mirri notices several long sets of ruts dug into the gravel in this area, along with evidence of multiple people passing through the area at least somewhat regularly.  She finds signs of small rodent activity, but nothing much larger than a cat.

She notices some rustling from the rooftops above and quickly snaps her attention up to catch an owl landing on a clothes line.

Somewhere down the alley around the corner, a dog starts barking.

Spoiler

Lightcracker Bubbles: These small floating orbs of light drift through the air burning their own mana supply until they either run low or collide with an object, causing the to pop loudly like a firecracker.

Leo silently rolls his eyes at Kusuke's apparently sensory disrupting concern. 
"Let's light things up a bit better."

Leo mumbles to himself going over a few words in his head, before drawing mana into balls in his hand.
He chants a short spell while raising his arm and casts balls of light into the side. They seem...pretty dim though.
"Well that's not-"
One of the balls drift into a nearby wall and explode with a loud firecracker like pop.
"That's not right. Huh. Though I had that one."

Law walks up to find the party still standing near the entrance to the Alley.  A loud Crack! startles him, and to his dismay a large owl that starts flying off to roost somewhere else.

The dog barking starts moving away from the party, then a crash can be heard and it moves off further.

Satomi swayed for a moment as she was suddenly transported to a new locale -- she nearly lost her balance, but managed to keep it, and she took several moments of intense squinting to make out just what this place was. Some sort of very parochial little town, not without its similarities to that village she had worked so hard to defend. "Why in the world did I...?" To tell the truth, Satomi was a little annoyed that she had been suddenly transported out of a task in progress; she never liked to leave things half-done, as it always seemed like an affront to her Duty. It was true that her jaunt in that place had had... little discernible purpose, but... still! What didn't help either was that she had never actually had her wounds treated back in that dungeon, and with the urgency and adrenaline of that place wearing off, they were beginning to hurt once more.

However... now that she was making sense of the world around her, she heard conversation from the others some distance away (her hearing was rather better than her sight), and a word made itself clear among that chatter: Monster. So Satomi set her shoulders, straightened out the litany of gear hanging around her back, chest, and shoulders, and stomped her way over to them. She could never falter, as a proud samurai of the Crab Clan -- Courage and Duty were her guiding principle! A few scratches were not going to cause her to suddenly give up and sit there whining like some ineffectual Crane. Pah! "I heard something about a monster? What is it that requires dealing with? My clan specializes in slaying monsters, after all, so this is as close to my duty as anything other than building those walls is going to get."

And that's how Satomi showed up in front of the party as a bloody mess, with blood having soaked through her kimono in three wide blotchy lines (some of these only partially visible under her armor) and drying across most of the right half of her face, where three ugly gashes stood out. ...closer inspection would reveal her condition to be not quite as bad as it looked, with each individual slash actually shallow enough that they had already stopped bleeding and begun to heal, but still, that was quite a lot of blood, wasn't it? It was amazing that the persistent grimace the wounds seemed to be bringing on did not actually seem to be overwhelming a fairly stoic expression.

------------------------------------------
Leo
-----------------------------------------

"Uhhh....Satomi are you alright? Your absolutely blood soaked. Ive still got a couple of potions if you need one."
"When did that even happen?"

-------------------------------------

Takumi

------------------------------------

Well, people seemed to be getting busy. Takumi thought about joining the party that had apparently decided to go solve a set of job requests, but a good chunk had just gone down the alleyway, and they looked well armed. If the space got to tight it might be a problem.

Looking around, the town looked rather nice. He liked the look of it. It looked well cared for, and people had likely put a respectable amount of care and effort to make sure it stayed that way. But what had that other guy been talking about? It was always this time? Where was the sun? Did this planet have to support life on its own? 

A curious and perhaps concerning thought.

Deciding he might as well look around a bit, Takumi swung by the bulletin board looking for something he might be able to do himself, while heading over to the second district.

"As you wish." Ena responded to the decision on the first complaint to address. For now though, an alleyway, seemingly empty. . .

Well, she was endowed with a formidable sensor array, so she would make use of it.

Inspect alleyway using sensor systems listed below.

Spoiler

High Resolution: Ena's optical sensors are finely tuned, allowing her to perceive things at great distance, and accurately calibrate her motions with ranged weapons to hit distant objects. +2 to INT for perception checks, +2 to ranged damage.

Level 2: +1 more to perception checks and damage

Level 3: +1 more to perception checks and damage

Level 4:+1 more to each

Level 5: +1 more to each

Level 6: +1 more to each

Level 7: +1 more to each (for a total of +8 to each currently)

Advanced Sensor Array (Merit based): Grants Ena a +2 to hearing checks. Upgrading this trick is easier than normal.

Sensor Array Utility: Level 1 (starting gear level): Prevents perception based detriments from inhibiting vision. Gives the ability to see well in the dark.

"Uhh, Satomi, you should probably get patched up first." He moved slightly closer, getting a better look. It bothered him that he couldn't actually help this time; the wounds were definitely old enough that he couldn't fix them without sending all of her back, and that wasn't an experiment he was keen on doing. "What happened, anyway? It looks like a wild animal went after you."

Ena doesn't notice anything new in the immediate alley that Mirri hasn't already, she does still hear the dog and can distinctly pick out several things scurrying around.

Takumi notices the mention of something stuck in the clocktower,  Someone mentions seeing a light on in the "Old Dalmatian House" and is asking for someone to go check on it.  He finds a complaint that the fountain in the 2nd District has stopped flowing, presumably something has plugged it up.  Lastly he finds some kind of correspondence note buried pretty far that mentions meeting "you" at the balcony in the 3rd District that connects to the rooftops of the 2nd District.

Ena continues down the alley and turns at the opening to the left to see mostly more of the same.  About twenty or thirty feet down from the mouth of the second alley there is a single stone pillar holing what seems to be a aqueduct moving between two earthwork structures, one on either side.
At the end of the alley there is another lamp illuminating some toppled boxes and the entrance to a stone building on the right.  Ena can hear the dog's baying echoing loudly from somewhere deeper in the building.

Satomi lightly traced her fingers over one of the cuts in her face, shrugging at Kusuke's questioning (and then wincing a little, though she tried to make that disappear real fast). "Vitor and I were not alone in that dungeon complex that we entered; we discovered and then fought a pair of skeletal undead abominations. One of them was covered in all manner of chains and hooks and... had this technique where it spun around and around, and that is what hit me. I will be fine, however; none of these cuts were deep enough to be vital."

There was a pause for a moment from Satomi, before she admitted: "...I would not, however, say no to one of those potions."

----------------------------------
Leo
----------------------------------
"A dungeon huh? Did you get any good loot?"
Leo hands Satomi one of his remaining potions

Spoiler

Standard Healing potions: Restore 25 HP, used as a free action, imbiber gains the debuff "Potion sickness: cannot use healing items" for one round.

"Im pretty sure Tim has these imprinted on his stone, unless I forgot to give him some, so we can get more later if we need them. Ill check when we swing back by."

Leo heads further into the alley, looking around in casual alertness for any threats or clues

--------------------------------
Takumi

--------------------------------
Takumi looks at the board a moment, thinking. Well it sounded like the others already wanted to check the clock tower anyways so he could ignore that one. The correspondence note seemed like a weird thing to place on the board, could just be some kid messing around, but it was something to keep in the back of his mind.

He didn't have much on him in the way of tools, but giving the fountain a look couldn't hurt.
And he wouldn't need tools to check on an old house.

So Takumi heads for the second district Fountain

Kusuke resisted the urge to sigh. Satomi seemed to refuse to care for herself at times - not that he had a lot of room to criticize. "I see. Well, just keep in mind that not everyone that dies is killed by a shot to the vitals. You have to watch for the smaller stuff, too." He glanced at Leo, who seemed to be pressing forward. He'd have to follow him, make sure he didn't do anything inventively stupid this time. "Don't feel like you can't rest while you have the chance. I think this place is mostly safe, so we should be all right if we decide to." Kusuke gestured towards the errant mage. "I'm going to. . . back him up. Yeah." The look he gave Satomi made it clear what his real intent was.

~~~~~~ Dark Alley ~~~~~~

The rest of the crew catching up with Ena sees the toppled boxes, they look like they've been knocked over pretty recently.  They also hear the barking echoing out of the building and...from above?  It sounds like it's coming from up and to the right as well, a bit behind one of the houses.

~~~~~~ 2nd District ~~~~~~

Spoiler

Moving into the 2nd District Takumi finds it has more of an eerie feeling to it, a stillness he can't quite shake.  Most of the buildings here are dark or only dimly lit with the only two 'bright' buildings being the hotel with electric lights, and the clocktower.  The area seems to mostly consist of one long courtyard with raised walkways around it, being overlooked from the far side by a large white stone clocktower.  A brick hotel building covers most of the left side of the courtyard while closed several shops and other buildings surround the other sides.  A street runs from the courtyard in front of the clocktower and right, while a narrow alley between two building on the right breaks the walkway surrounding the courtyard roughly halfway to the clocktower.

The fountain is technically directly in front of Takumi, just on ground level backed against the wall created by the walkway he's standing on.  There are steps down from the walkway both on the right where it is broken by the alley, and on the left centered in front of the hotel.

Spoiler

340?cb=20191106201034

Mirri pulls herself and Law up to stand on a ledge near the aqueduct bridge.  She finds herself staring down a short stretch of pavement with a water channel cut in the middle, leading to tunnel that curves to the right and gently downwards.
She hears movement approaching from up ahead and the dog's barks much more loudly, though she doesn't feel any immediate danger.

From the top of the ledge Law quickly constructs a pad that seems to vent blueish energy that accelerates the user upward.