Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

So something just occurred to me as I wandered around Blackview City, lost for the umpteenth time, trying to find the Battle Club (which I eventually found and was, of course, in front of my face the whole time). Caz, would it be possible to use those cars within the city limits to fast travel to different parts of the city? Of course, you can only fast travel there after you've visited the place, and maybe only after the attack on Blackview, to encourage exploration. Kind of similar to the cabs in Lumiose City, ya know? The directionally challenged like myself would be quite thankful.

Yeah, had the same problem, must have spent hours in Blackview, just running around searching for quest givers and specific places. But honestly? It's also a lot of fun, at least for me and I never thought about a fast travel system. I absolutely love how "dense" Desolation is, I felt like Blackview alone had more content than the whole of Reborn City together. Having to explore the city by yourself is probably part of that. And Cellia is supposed to be even bigger.

My suggestion: Just add a good map of the city, that's probably the easiest and most convenient way for Caz too.

Any chance the ability of Perfect Darkrai can get a change? Something more scary would have me quaking in my boots; I would've gave it some cheesy name like Eternal Nightmare.

Other than that, everything seems perfect for our perfectionist Darkrai. =)

Edited by Pandalex12

• Developers

Any chance the ability of Perfect Darkrai can get a change? Something more scary would have me quaking in my boots; I would've gave it some cheesy name like Eternal Nightmare.

Other than that, everything seems perfect for our perfectionist Darkrai. =)

Been thinking about this a lot, but bad dreams still seems to suit. If anything I'll just make a buffed version of bad dreams.

So something just occurred to me as I wandered around Blackview City, lost for the umpteenth time, trying to find the Battle Club (which I eventually found and was, of course, in front of my face the whole time). Caz, would it be possible to use those cars within the city limits to fast travel to different parts of the city? Of course, you can only fast travel there after you've visited the place, and maybe only after the attack on Blackview, to encourage exploration. Kind of similar to the cabs in Lumiose City, ya know? The directionally challenged like myself would be quite thankful.

Also, is it possible to get some sort of quest log implemented eventually? In addition to my remarkable propensity to get lost, I'm lucky enough to also have the memory of a goldfish. It'd be nice if those hints the rangers give you could be viewed in, like, a journal or something. I've no idea if that's even possible, but it would be quite helpful, because at the moment I have to go to the ranger base, cancel the quest, get told I'm a horrible slacker, and then retake the quest to refresh my memory on what it is, exactly, I'm doing. Not to mention the quests I pick up and then forget about from NPCs (I still haven't found the lady with the Treeko, lol). If there's an easier way to do this and I'm just too dumb to realize it, I'd love to know.

Finally, I went back to the Weeping Hills to grab the Ghastly, and two of the Tombstones say Ava and Emily. Perhaps some sort of premonition? Hmmmmm... I also picked up the Aipom after fighting the mysterious spirit by Addenfall. We know Shiv uses an Aipom and is also magical in nature, so what's the connection beyond Aipom being Caz's mascot, haha?

Edit: Also, really dig Darkrai Perfection's appearance. Nice lookin' fella, but seems scary as hell to fight, haha.

I may make a map or something for Blackview in the future. It wouldn't be too difficult. I really want to make a quest log but my scripting knowledge is non existant so maybe not today.

• Upvote 1

Been thinking about this a lot, but bad dreams still seems to suit. If anything I'll just make a buffed version of bad dreams.

I may make a map or something for Blackview in the future. It wouldn't be too difficult. I really want to make a quest log but my scripting knowledge is non existant so maybe not today.

A map would definitely be helpful, thanks man. Glad to see you've considered the possibility of a quest log, but it's not a big deal if it's too much on top of everything else you're doing for this project. Also, if it helps, your knowledge of scripting far surpasses mine, haha (I'm no help, am I?).

• Upvote 1

I absolutely love how you buffed Rock Smash, it's actually incredibly useful with 75 BP, great coverage move for a lot of Pokemon.

I run Rock Smash on my Dusknoir. Makes leveling up super easy. My Toxicroak also knows Rock Smash, the defense decrease and chance to poison with Poison Touch make a nice "combo", especially when you can finish faster opponents off with Sucker Punch or the slower ones with Venoshock.

I absolutely love how you buffed Rock Smash, it's actually incredibly useful with 75 BP, great coverage move for a lot of Pokemon.

I run Rock Smash on my Dusknoir. Makes leveling up super easy. My Toxicroak also knows Rock Smash, the defense decrease and chance to poison with Poison Touch make a nice "combo", especially when you can finish faster opponents off with Sucker Punch or the slower ones with Venoshock. Venoshock is special move, but deals massive damage to poisoned foes.

Edit: So I double-posted because of lag...

Edited by Zargerth

I missed Croagunk on my first playthrough :< My dedicated Poison type is Muk, which also profits heavily from Rock Smash, plus it learns Minimize and Gunk Shot naturally, which is nice. EV training for HP is also so much easier than for Atk or Spe. Unrelated, but I really, really hope we'll get Power items and/or EV reducing berries in Episode 4, for some reason I can't stand it when my Pokemon have wasted EVs.

Another question to Caz: Desolation will have 16 gyms, right? We're at 3/4 (however you count Tristan) gyms as of Episode 3 and it honestly feels like this is mid game already (mostly because the Level is around 50 right now). If Desolations pacing stays the same won't we hit the level cap soon? Are the last few gym battles intended to be at level 100?

• Developers

@Nova: Thanks man.

@Sohn: EV reducing berries will be in Episode 4. Also, many Gyms will not have an increasing level cap. For example, two Gyms may have a cap of 60.

• Developers

while the ghost typing is unique does mightyena get any ghost type attacks that can benefit from it?

Not particularly, except Shadow Sneak which has been added to Mightyena's learn pool in Episode 4.

As for the next poll - Your choices are as follows, Milotic, Weavile, Darmanitan, Quagsire, Luxray and Staraptor.

*looks at poll* Uhh, something doesn't add up here.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

• Developers

*looks at poll* Uhh, something doesn't add up here.

Forgot that Weavile only came third in the last poll, sincerest apologies. Weavile will return in the next poll.

For the next one, I will of course go with Lord Sire!

You're goddamn right.

He's the very best. This is the first game I played with a Quagsire in my team and I'm impressed, he tanks and then strikes back with dat delicious Level 36 Earthquake, unaware of dangers he marches forward, yawns at the enemy and lets me set up a sweep. Sadly his mediocre stats start to hold him back at this point in the game (which can't be said about things like Milotic, Darmanitan or Staraptor) Conclusion: Quagsire absolutely deserves a mega.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

A bit dissapointed to see another dark/ghost type pop up, Personally I was hoping for the fairy/dark, oh well. Also I feel this mightyena will play a lot like a sharpedo.

I don't know if Fairy would have been appropriate typing for Mightyena. The stats distribution seems very min-maxed (not Beedrill min-maxed, though), the thing is I have mixed feelings about that. With those stats Megahyena is crazy good, maybe even too good for it's own good. With that Speed it outspeeds most Pokemon, and Strong Jaw, combined with Crunch and Moxie-boosted attack will destroy anything that doesn't resist Dark. On top of that you can breed elemental fangs on it for coverage, not to mention it now gets Shadow Sneak as another priority move.