Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Yes, I can't even pass the Ace trainer with the fearow in the gym. Time to hack in dwebble and Joltik, this is ridiculous game design. Zero type balance and everyone has a drought vulpix. I get it Caz, you hate bugs and grass types, don't make it that obvious. 

• Haha 1

I heard that you can enable debug on any game  made from  essentials by messing with the code. I haven't seen any clear instructions on this process however. If this is possible what is the steps to doing so? My system is a PC windows10. 

Well, I decided not to give up on my Bug Monotype. So I levelled up my Dustox till it learned toxic. It then tanked an Aerial Ace from that Ace Trainer's Fearow, cuz Dustox is a beast and Toxic poisoned it. I then killed Fearow with some Protect stalling by Leavanny and Vivillon, and finally made it alive to face Aderyn. So, I go to train some more and run into Pineco and Burmy in Route 2. HOPE IS BACK PEEPS! I'll keep you updated, it's more fun this way XD. Either I'll do it without hacking or I won't do it at all! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again sorry for double post... But new question. Where can I evolve Burmy into sand cloak wormadam? Vejyr and keneph give me trash cloak and I need Rock Blast... 

@J-Awesome_OneI checked every cave in game so far and no sand cloak. So, alternative. I checked and got a trash cloak wormadam with rock type hidden power. Metal sound and HP Rock will do some work, hopefully. And I will overlevel Pineco to 39 before evolving it to get Iron Defense. I will destroy that bitch and Caz, the number 1Bug hater. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, Desolation's difficulty is currently very front-loaded, especially for your Bug mono-type run. People consider the third gym to be the hardest, but it might be an easier fight for your Bug monotype considering what his ace is.

Also no sand cloak seems like an oversight brought upon by the fact that you're probably the first player to even consider using one.

3 hours ago, Alilatias said:

Yeah, Desolation's difficulty is currently very front-loaded, especially for your Bug mono-type run. People consider the third gym to be the hardest, but it might be an easier fight for your Bug monotype considering what his ace is.

Also no sand cloak seems like an oversight brought upon by the fact that you're probably the first player to even consider using one.

Front loaded is an understatement, lol! If I hadn't completed a Bug monotype run of Reborn to have some experience, I would have given up probably... Please tell me that third gym isn't Rock. I will legit die laughing if that's the case. Trash cloak might be better to face Aderyn after all. I need something to tank some hits. I made a casual first try and wormadam took out Chatot easily. Chatter never confusing anyone helps, but I reckon it is a known issue. Plus, chatter is a crime of a move and shouldn't exist, so I won't complain about that. No siree. 

52 minutes ago, Jess said:

Front loaded is an understatement, lol! If I hadn't completed a Bug monotype run of Reborn to have some experience, I would have given up probably... Please tell me that third gym isn't Rock. I will legit die laughing if that's the case. Trash cloak might be better to face Aderyn after all. I need something to tank some hits. I made a casual first try and wormadam took out Chatot easily. Chatter never confusing anyone helps, but I reckon it is a known issue. Plus, chatter is a crime of a move and shouldn't exist, so I won't complain about that. No siree. 

If I remember right, is the 3rd gym normal, and his Ace Mega Lopunny is god damn OP...

Aderyn is down by Bugs! Hidden power rock wormadam took down Chatot first by HP spam. She took out Swellow too with Hidden Power rock alternating with Protect to rack up burn damage on her guts Swellow. Emolga almost went down to Light Screen Toxic Dustox which tanked Air Slashes like a beast, even though the U-turn swaps meant I had to predict stuff. Xatu went down to Payback Forretress and Hawlucha went down to Bide by Forretress, after it tanked two Swords Dance boosted Aerial Ace and Drain Punch like a champion. In the end, she only had her Honchkrow and a poisoned Emolga with a quarter of its health. I only had Forretress, Vivillon and butterfree. I use Explosion with Forretress and let Honchkrow live with a quarter of its health too. But then,before Vivillon uses Draining Kiss, Honchkrow uses Sucker Punch and OHKO es,getting moxie boost. I predict another Sucker Punch,since butterfree outsped it in a failed previous try,and I am right. I put it to sleep with Sleep Powder and use Tailwind to outspeed Emolga too in next turn. Then butterfree finishes off both Honchkrow and Emolga with Silver Wind. It. Feels. So. Damn. Good. Aderyn got outplayed. I needed five lemonades to get the victory, but who cares, her team and field is unfair vs Bugs this early in game... 

7 hours ago, Jess said:

IIRC the sky field powers up Chatter but also removes the confusion effect. Otherwise it'd be way too overpowered.

Next gym should be much easier for you to take down with conventional tactics. Even though the team's full of nukes, it looks like your bug team is made up of tanks, which most people don't invest in at that point in the game. There's maybe only one or two Pokemon that might give you some problems. Someone already told you that his ace is Mega Lopunny, and IIRC it doesn't have any SE moves against bug types (unless it has Aerial Ace and I forgot about it), and your bugs can easily tank its fighting moves.

Also IIRC you can get a Joltik before the 4th gym, but it's going to require a lot of soft resetting for it. It's, uh, kind of like that lottery thing that Rejuvenation had at the start of the game if you wanted a Ralts/Eevee/Axew starter. I don't remember any other notable bugs, even though the area around the 3rd gym should introduce quite a lot of new ones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alilatias said:

8 hours ago, Jess said:

IIRC the sky field powers up Chatter but also removes the confusion effect. Otherwise it'd be way too overpowered.

Oh now it makes sense. Aderyn was OK to deal with, after all, but only thanks to HP Rock Wormadam Trash cloak and Forretress. I also cleared the silver cave, the one with crystal bridges and noticed that Tristan has a bloody Staraptor. The hate towards Bugs continues xD. I would like to get a Dwebble, a Joltik and a Surskit to have stuff to take care more easily of Water, Fire and Flying types, but I am mostly Ok with what I have now. Maybe a Durant would be great to take care of Fairies and Rock types too. But still, not a huge issue anymore. After defeating Connor and Aderyn with such limited options, I am not really scared of anything anymore. As long as I find the move relearner and get access to heart scales tbh. And maybe daycare too. 

There's a daycare and move relearner available around where the 4th gym is. The game really opens up from this point on, everyone gets a lot more options after the 2nd/3rd gym.

I believe you can find Surskit somewhere before the 3rd gym, not too sure as it's been about a year since I played the game last. I think you can find Dwebble and Durant somewhere after the 3rd gym, and again, Joltik around where the 4th gym is.

The hilarious part is while the early gyms may be giving you a beating, you'll probably trash the actual antagonists, since many of them have an emphasis on dark/psychic types.

• Thanks 1

@AlilatiasWow, thanks for the help! Looks like I will get an amazing team soon (well, an even more amazing than the one I already have anyways)! I'm glad that beamer grid exists too, so I can travel easily to previous locations if I missed stuff. I am OK with getting a beating, after all a monotype is supposed to be a challenge. And I had a great time with trying to do what initially seemed to be impossible! It's very rewarding, and satisfies my strategic mind's cravings. XD 

LOL, why does Fell Stinger of my Leavanny work like Sticky Web? I'm so happy about this bug, plus Leavanny can learn Sticky Web anyways, and it saved my ass in the battle vs Hardy after Silver peak. By the way, I can't make an ice boulder vanish... I have literally searched every nook and cranny but no un-enabled crystal remains. And I can't get to the top of glacier, where a ladder exists. What is there and how I get there? 

• Haha 1

I can't remember what's the game name was if your wondering it starts off your in a boat and your traveling with your mom and friends (no its not rejuvenation) then you got attacked and washed up on a beach. Ok not much to go on but let me tell you what I do know this game is where your choices matter or at least getting some item to prevent something like for example I remember there was a scene where you battle your friend (a girl) only for her to jump off the building and dies but you prevent that if you had a ribbon of hers thus preventing that. So does anybody knows that or was it just my imagination

8 minutes ago, eder1987doom said:

I can't remember what's the game name was if your wondering it starts off your in a boat and your traveling with your mom and friends (no its not rejuvenation) then you got attacked and washed up on a beach. Ok not much to go on but let me tell you what I do know this game is where your choices matter or at least getting some item to prevent something like for example I remember there was a scene where you battle your friend (a girl) only for her to jump off the building and dies but you prevent that if you had a ribbon of hers thus preventing that. So does anybody knows that or was it just my imagination

I vaguely remember seeing something like that intro, though I don't know the name, so you didn't imagine it.  I think you started with either Eevee or an eeveelution, but it's been too long.  I also don't remember if it's a fangame or a rom-hack, though I think it was the latter.  Check for both.

2 hours ago, eder1987doom said:

You are literally talking about Pokemon Desolation in the Desolation topic.

Only thing that is different is that MC's mom didn't travel with him/her.

Also Caz please come back :P.

Edited by Yagami

2 minutes ago, Yagami said:

You are literally talking about Pokemon Desolation in the Desolation topic.

Only thing that is different is that MC's mom didn't travel with him/her.

Also Caz please come back :P.

I’m not sure how but this wasn’t in this topic. This was on its own. I have NO idea how it got here. 😳

9 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I’m not sure how but this wasn’t in this topic. This was on its own. I have NO idea how it got here. 😳

the mods moved it here

probs gave the poor guy a warning point too

On 4/11/2018 at 10:18 PM, eder1987doom said:

Umm... that was Pokémon Desolation...