Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

So before y'all get into a hype storm expecting something (I checked the original post announcing this to make sure before saying anything) I want to make two comments:

1) February has a duration of 28 days so it could be released at any point during that timeframe.

2) The announcement was made five months ago. We did not get a solid date so this could actually change to march or even april. 5 months is both a long time and a very short amount of time so it's very hard to determine where this project is at which not progress reports to follow on. It's so hard to make an estimation that early on.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

So before y'all get into a hype storm expecting something (I checked the original post announcing this to make sure before saying anything) I want to make two comments:

1) February has a duration of 28 days so it could be released at any point during that timeframe.

2) The announcement was made five months ago. We did not get a solid date so this could actually change to march or even april. 5 months is both a long time and a very short amount of time so it's very hard to determine where this project is at which not progress reports to follow on. It's so hard to make an estimation that early on.

All jokes aside, I totally understand this. I personally think this game is leagues better than rejuv and reborn, so I don't mind at all if it takes a while. If the quality continues to be as high as it has been (or even a little worse for a while), I will still be more than happy. I can soundly call myself a fan of this fan game, and I can firmly say that it is criminally underrated.

9 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

All jokes aside, I totally understand this. I personally think this game is leagues better than rejuv and reborn, so I don't mind at all if it takes a while. If the quality continues to be as high as it has been (or even a little worse for a while), I will still be more than happy. I can soundly call myself a fan of this fan game, and I can firmly say that it is criminally underrated.

Ehh, It is the best game on this site, but it needs more water. 1/10 worst game ever. And that is the Kilian Experience.

All Joking aside, I hope Caz is still working on this. Assuming that the game still takes place in this dreamworld, than I am really interested in Tristan as a character.

1 hour ago, Zero Pressure said:

Hey, does anyone know where the mover relearner is? I'm trying to train up a milotic before the new episode comes out and it only know tackle splash and flail rn.

Blackview city, building with a yellow triangle i think.. he charges credits instead of heart scales dont know why is that tho bcs there are heart scales in game

7 hours ago, Phlogiston123 said:

Blackview city, building with a yellow triangle i think.. he charges credits instead of heart scales dont know why is that tho bcs there are heart scales in game

It says the door is locked. Is there some sort of side quest I have to do before I can access it?

If I remember correctly he was in a big building where a tournament was held. He was a random npc that when you talk to him he says that he is the move relearner and if you ever need his service you can find him in that house that was mentioned above.

Something else that I wanted to say about this game. This game happens to be the best fangame on this site, but it also manages to be extremely depressing, even when comparing it to Reborn.

When you first fight Kuiki, you consider him the crazy leader of a cult who had to be defeated. Then you realize his backstory and how he was overshadowed by Shiv, and you end up feeling sorry that he had to die.

The Weeping Hill is also a location that radiates sadness. It's Haunting with all of those ghosts being around, and when you realize that some of those ghosts look extremely young, that makes it even sadder. (Assuming that they are actually the ghosts of the dead, rather than memories

Even Tristan's story is depressing. He's Dead, but from our dialogues with his ghost, we learn that his dream of being respected never came true. This man probably died unhappy.

Even if Reborn and Rejuvenation had sad moments, This one takes it to a new level. One death can leave me feeling depressed for hours.

Sorry for the Academic like rant.

You are an Artist, Caz.

• Upvote 2

• Global Mods

I only got maybe halfway through the current version of desolation before I got busy with other stuff, so really looking forward to the next version to restart playing this. I wonder which will come out first, deso V5 or Rejuv v10?

39 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I only got maybe halfway through the current version of desolation before I got busy with other stuff, so really looking forward to the next version to restart playing this. I wonder which will come out first, deso V5 or Rejuv v10?

Probably Rejuvenation V10, I gotta be honest.

I'm finally caught up with Desolation and I decided to make a reputation list for future use. It was more for me and my backup saves, but I wanted to post it here to. I may have missed something so feel free to quote, this is all from memory.

Reputation points - I'm only going over OPTIONAL ones in the story. Easily passable by just progressing the story alone.

Spoiler

Redcliff town 

- Talk to Scarlett before receiving your starter.

(+ Scarlett or Connor)

- After meeting up with Ava halfway to Mt. Vejyr, backtrack to Keneph Jungle near the town entrance where you will find Connor training Scarlett.

(+ Both Scarlett and Connor)

Celeste city

- Just before Celeste city, talk to Ava in the pokemon center at the first Ranger's hub.

(+ Ava)

- Talk to Scarlett near the entrance of Celeste.

(+ or - Depending on who you favor, Scarlett or Ava)

Blackview city -

- Defeat the Blackview tournament  before Rosetta requests you do so in Cellia city.

(+ Rosetta)

-Pick up Scarlett' old bow at the end of the Celeste Labyrinth just before the battle for Blackview occurs.

(+ Save Scarlett)

Cellia city -

- Talk to Ava and Connor before they depart at Cellia port.

(+ Ava and Connor)

- After receiving Cellia manor, assist Rosetta and the police by taking on a side-quest within the sewers.

(+ Rosetta)

- Ask Rosetta for the archives key before speaking to Garret.

(+ Rosetta, and the option to save Nova/access the hidden diary entry)

- After condemning or saving Nova, talk to Ava in Cellia manor before defeating the battle tournament.

(+ Ava, I have a high reputation with her so this could vary depending on if you sided with Scarlett more?)

-After making a "truce" with the black foxes, defeat five trainers in the fight club to battle an elite trainer, 1 out of 4(?) chance to be Amelia.

(+ if you defeat Amelia)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Key said:

I'm finally caught up with Desolation and I decided to make a reputation list for future use. It was more for me and my backup saves, but I wanted to post it here to. I may have missed something so feel free to quote, this is all from memory.

Reputation points - I'm only going over OPTIONAL ones in the story. Easily passable by just progressing the story alone.

Hide contents

Redcliff town 

- Talk to Scarlett before receiving your starter.

(+ Scarlett or Connor)

- After meeting up with Ava halfway to Mt. Vejyr, backtrack to Keneph Jungle near the town entrance where you will find Connor training Scarlett.

(+ Both Scarlett and Connor)

Celeste city

- Just before Celeste city, talk to Ava in the pokemon center at the first Ranger's hub.

(+ Ava)

- Talk to Scarlett near the entrance of Celeste.

(+ or - Depending on who you favor, Scarlett or Ava)

Blackview city -

- Defeat the Blackview tournament  before Rosetta requests you do so in Cellia city.

(+ Rosetta)

-Pick up Scarlett' old bow at the end of the Celeste Labyrinth just before the battle for Blackview occurs.

(+ Save Scarlett)

Cellia city -

- Talk to Ava and Connor before they depart at Cellia port.

(+ Ava and Connor)

- After receiving Cellia manor, assist Rosetta and the police by taking on a side-quest within the sewers.

(+ Rosetta)

- Ask Rosetta for the archives key before speaking to Garret.

(+ Rosetta, and the option to save Nova/access the hidden diary entry)

- After condemning or saving Nova, talk to Ava in Cellia manor before defeating the battle tournament.

(+ Ava, I have a high reputation with her so this could vary depending on if you sided with Scarlett more?)

-After making a "truce" with the black foxes, defeat five trainers in the fight club to battle an elite trainer, 1 out of 5(?) chance to be Amelia.

(+ if you defeat Amelia)

Who is the 5th person you can fight in the fight club? Pretty sure ive only seen Amelia, grand rogue, Emily, and aderyn. An npc mentioned that garret comes sometimes, but I haven't seen that happen even once, despite soft resetting for the easiest trainer a bunch when I was going for Deino. 

8 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

Who is the 5th person you can fight in the fight club? Pretty sure ive only seen Amelia, grand rogue, Emily, and aderyn. An npc mentioned that garret comes sometimes, but I haven't seen that happen even once, despite soft resetting for the easiest trainer a bunch when I was going for Deino. 

Ah, so it is only four people. I was unsure so I put the (?) right after five, I'll edit that out.

Hello everyone, I've been playing desolation for quite a while now and I finally reached a point that I can say that I'm stuck.

Rosetta turns out to be way stronger then what she seems to be, so that forced me to change up my team a bit and there's this one pokemon that I want to use agains't her but I'm having no luck at finding it. That pokemon is scyther, I plan on using him agains't rosetta's mega cuz that's the real problem for me, and from what I've seen in the forums Deino is also available but ... can someone explain where I can get him and how? ... From what I've read so far its probably something about high reputation on fighting club of Cellia but I can't seem to obtain Deino, so I think I am missing something so ... Can anyone help me please or at least give some hints about where is scyther and how to get Deino please.

4 minutes ago, AmadeusXander said:

Hello everyone, I've been playing desolation for quite a while now and I finally reached a point that I can say that I'm stuck.

Rosetta turns out to be way stronger then what she seems to be, so that forced me to change up my team a bit and there's this one pokemon that I want to use agains't her but I'm having no luck at finding it. That pokemon is scyther, I plan on using him agains't rosetta's mega cuz that's the real problem for me, and from what I've seen in the forums Deino is also available but ... can someone explain where I can get him and how? ... From what I've read so far its probably something about high reputation on fighting club of Cellia but I can't seem to obtain Deino, so I think I am missing something so ... Can anyone help me please or at least give some hints about where is scyther and how to get Deino please.

So scyther:You must help Garret deal with the Fox rogue and you will eventually have a battle with an important someone that will drop an egg after you beat them,which is a scyther.

In order to do those quests when Garret asked you if he could crash at the basement of your mansion you must have said yes.Also i dont know if you want it or not,a girl in the docks will ask a scyther and in exchange she will give you a sneasel.

As for deino,after you do all those quests for Garret he will give you permission to enter the fight club.You must defeat 5 Elite trainers ( every elite trainer appears after you have a 5 win streak ) then you exit the club and two goons will ambush you.Beat them, pick up the letter that they dropped and then meet Garret.He will tell you what to do.

Also both of these mons are obtainable before fighting Rosseta.

Also if i may make a suggestion, Agron can be pretty useful against rosetta if you decide against scizor.

I hope that helps.

4 minutes ago, AmadeusXander said:

You find a scyther egg after you beat hardy in the fox's den. You really don't need a scizor though. Gengar and magneton work well too if you have them.

58 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

So scyther:You must help Garret deal with the Fox rogue and you will eventually have a battle with an important someone that will drop an egg after you beat them,which is a scyther.

In order to do those quests when Garret asked you if he could crash at the basement of your mansion you must have said yes.Also i dont know if you want it or not,a girl in the docks will ask a scyther and in exchange she will give you a sneasel.

As for deino,after you do all those quests for Garret he will give you permission to enter the fight club.You must defeat 5 Elite trainers ( every elite trainer appears after you have a 5 win streak ) then you exit the club and two goons will ambush you.Beat them, pick up the letter that they dropped and then meet Garret.He will tell you what to do.

Also both of these mons are obtainable before fighting Rosseta.

Also if i may make a suggestion, Agron can be pretty useful against rosetta if you decide against scizor.

I hope that helps.

Oh, so that's what's inside that egg, I never ended up hatching the egg because I thought it was a grass type and I like using Simisage/Tangrowth, guess I shouldn't hae based the egg by its looks.

And also thank you for telling me about how to get Deino, from what I read I thought it was, beat 5 trainers and someone gave it xD

As for agron, I don't know where I can catch him or his pre-evolutions so I guess I can't use him, and that's sad cuz Agron is one of my favorite mons, but oh well, knowing how to get Deino and Scyther is good enough.

Thank you very much for helping me

You find a scyther egg after you beat hardy in the fox's den. You really don't need a scizor though. Gengar and magneton work well too if you have them.

I do have Gengar and Magneton, used both on my first 8 runs agains't Rosetta, but she still ends up beating me, Azumarill takes out Magneton, and her mega unfortunatly ends my gengar and toxicroak, so I wanna use Scizor to take advantage of STAB bullet punch on Mega seeing that she specializes on special defense.

And also, thank you for telling me about where scyther is.

As for agron, I don't know where I can catch him or his pre-evolutions so I guess I can't use him, and that's sad cuz Agron is one of my favorite mons, but oh well, knowing how to get Deino and Scyther is good enough.

You can obtain Aron in the Weeping Hills, interact with one of the broken tombstones to open up a cave where you'll find it.

On another note, has anyone completed the sidequest where a man from Blackview asks you to find a doll in Bronze Island?

Edited by Fabularis

On 2/3/2018 at 12:46 PM, AmadeusXander said:

No offense, but if you think Rosetta is that hard, then how on God's good earth did you get past Tristan? 

^they were both super easy imo. You can cheese Tristan like crazy if you bring a Swalot or something similar. 3x Stockpile + potions let him face tank anything while killing them with poison. Swalot soloed Tristan for me basically. For Rosetta, Swalot+Aggron sweep her. 3x defenses + heal can solo PvE usually, but this game is very stingy with potions, so the strat doesn't work for too long lol 

The really tough fights, imo, were the girl before Rosetta, and the crazy magic girl with the mega Mightyena. Those were extremely difficult. And the 1st gym leader, although he's an issue because of the pacing early on in the game 

Edited by memelord69