Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I remember cheesing the Mega Lopunny the first time around by sending out a Lv. 35 Staraptor, took advantage of the Intimidate attack reduction + the field reducing the power of Fighting type attacks to barely survive the High Jump Kick, used Endeavor, and then Quick Attack'd it to death the following turn.

I have weird tactics. Of course, it can't be done anymore now that Starly has been moved to current endgame (and the attack reduction to Fighting type moves has been reduced), but maybe you can do something similar with the Taillow line if you have one.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 1

Hey, does anyone know a place where I can get a moonstone using the pickup ability?

The only way to obtain a moonstone is to use thief on a lunatone (bronze mountain) or to catch one and it'll be holding it. That being said, it only has a 5% chance to be holding one, so happy hunting!

• Global Mods

Does anyone know what TMs you can get in desolation and their locations?

In my bag I have: Hail, Venoshock, Hidden Power, Return, Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Charge Beam, Rock Polish, Grass Knot, and Rock Smash. I wouldn't remember all their locations, but you get Rock Smash as you progress the story since it's necessary. Flame Charge, Aerial Ace, and Charge Beam are given by Gym Leaders for defeating them.

Other than that there's also Facade and Attract which can be purchased at credit shops.

sandile is a starter at the beginning of the game and cannot be acquired anywhere else. aron is in the hill area where you learned about shivs past and battled nova the first time. The way to get aron is in the spoiler

aron is found when you click on specific tombstones. all the tombstones have a crack in them. when you click on all the tombstones it will say "sounds like something opened"

sandile is a starter at the beginning of the game and cannot be acquired anywhere else. aron is in the hill area where you learned about shivs past and battled nova the first time. The way to get aron is in the spoiler

aron is found when you click on specific tombstones. all the tombstones have a crack in them. when you click on all the tombstones it will say "sounds like something opened"

Its foggy inside. Any specific areas?

Just check all of the tombstones. But be aware that the event can only be properly done after you're done with the main plot in that area. So finish your business in the area before trying to trigger the event.

Once the event is triggered, a new cave should open somewhere. I forget exactly where though. I believe it was somewhere towards the center, but you have to take the path on the right side to reach it.

Edited by Alilatias

All done and evolved my Aron.. I'm going to say this.. Nerf Tristan. His Mega and Heliolisk are way too unfair. ALL of my team is 40 plus. Yet I am utterly DESTROYED my those two. That is unfair. U-Turn, Grass Knot... Its too much. The Life Orb is too op. I've heard of difficult but this is beyond unfair.

• Developers

All done and evolved my Aron.. I'm going to say this.. Nerf Tristan. His Mega and Heliolisk are way too unfair. ALL of my team is 40 plus. Yet I am utterly DESTROYED my those two. That is unfair. U-Turn, Grass Knot... Its too much. The Life Orb is too op. I've heard of difficult but this is beyond unfair.

Develop your team more and create a better strategy. Unfortunately, everyone finds certain Gym's easy or hard depending on the team and strategy they make - Tristan was previously nerfed and for this reason some I have had contact with find him TOO easy. I will not be nerfing Tristan anymore - especially considering how powerful his previous team was with Meloetta and Snorlax.

believe me Tristan isn't unbeatable. All gym leaders on desolation, rejuv and reborn are meant to provide a challenge. Make u think of a strategy, instead of sending a pokemon out and relying on the type advantage. You just need to research on Tristan's team and make a team that counters it. Speaking as a person who fought Tristan before he was nerfed (with the snorlax and without the meloetta) He was much more difficult before, but I still managed to beat him with a proper team to counter his. Along with many retries.

If you need some help on beating Tristan, feel to ask around here. People would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Whatever you think is unfair, come up with a counter for. You don't like the life orb? Then catch a mon that learns Knock Off. Don't like U-turn? Paralyze the opponent so that they have a lower chance of using it (and slows them down,) and maybe even confuse them to lower their chance even more.

You'll never find a strategy that works 100% of the time, but you also won't win if you don't keep trying new strategies until you find what works.

can you provide their movesets? Also what was the starter you chose from the beginning and from the professor?

Meowstic: Extrasensory, Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball

Aggron: Protect, Iron Head, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide

Quagsire: Earthquake, Rock Smash, Mud Bomb, Water Gun

Banette: Curse, Will-O-Wisp, Sucker Punch, Hex

Magneton: Flash Cannon, Discharge, Thunder Wave, Tri Attack

Primeape: Rock Smash, Cross Chop, Screech, Assurance

I chose Cyndaquil. I love Typhlosion.

• Developers

Did you seriously make Team Crescent follow the Rinnegan Plan from Naruto?

ugh.

The premise of Desolation is the conflict between dreams and reality and to what extent one could side with either idea. I wish to create a real conflict around such a concept - nothing like the ideological "conflict" Naruto threw together.

From what I've seen, Naruto's take on it is just another simple "bad guy has naively okay plan that's still bad" trope. No, in Desolation there is (and will be) far more development behind what I believe to be an incredibly interesting idea and through the (ulterior) motives of characters I hope to prove that it's not so lackluster and obvious as stuff like Naruto would portray.

I totally understand that Naruto may be appealing to some for cheap entertainment, but for how it totally dispels actually interesting ideas - I'm not a fan, at all.

For anyone curious, my ultimate inspiration for this dream/reality paradigm is the film Inception.