Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I've already beta tested Rejuvenation before (stopped for v7 because I had tests), but this week and next week I won't have much to do, so I guess I'll ask to join? You can count on me to break your game if you take me in o7

Unfortunately idk how to get screenshots on my Mac on a image uploading site so rip :[

• Developers

I should make it clearer that even though I'm recruiting testers the beta isn't actually for a week or two yet so hang in there frens.

To everyone that's applied so far, you've all been written down. Thanks!

• Developers

I didn't realize the amount of applications would be this huge in the thread and in PM's. So to avoid clutter, let's keep registrations to the PM's from now, thanks!

• Developers

I figured that I haven't done revealed one of these entries for a while and considering that Nova was the character done last, I figured that we could use some insight into the yang of her yin, Shiv.

AA_zpshxgkl3qa.png

Once again, shhhhh. It's still super classified ._.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 4

Wow! Izaya's Shiv's sprite looks a lot better than it did before. I'm impressed.

Now I have a question. Why does Shiv have such low-leveled pokemon if he's the Pokemon Champion? The first gym leader had higher level pokemon than him. He's got to at least have some pokemon for HMs or have a pokemon he's close to.

Kay, I've captured every single non-Credit Shop Pokemon that's name isn't Elekid~

but I don't have a male Burmy to evolve into a Mothim...

Can't wait for better Audino Trainers in version 3 so that grinding everything so they evolve will be easier ;-;

• Developers

Wow! Izaya's Shiv's sprite looks a lot better than it did before. I'm impressed.

Now I have a question. Why does Shiv have such low-leveled pokemon if he's the Pokemon Champion? The first gym leader had higher level pokemon than him. He's got to at least have some pokemon for HMs or have a pokemon he's close to.

Who knows? Maybe he's training new pokemon at the same rate as you in particular on purpose.

Or maybe he just force feeds everything reverse candies.

Oh and let's be real here, if you put a fur lined jacket on anyone they'll suddenly look like Izaya.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

Hey! I honestly don't know if this is the right place to do this (don't spend much time on the forums and whatnot), but I just finished the second episode, and I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this game so far. I thought the credit system was pretty fun and done well, I thought the "paint" item was a great idea, I like the individualized "rep" with people (very Fire Emblem). Pokemon events, side quests, and puzzles were all good too. I thought there was an impressive amount of content for two episodes. Oh, I really like the two starters! (My Krookodile and Delphox destroy, when they choose to obey me :P )
There were a few plot moments that I thought were a little weak/forced, but I don't know how to do the spoiler hiding thing, so I won't mention them specifically...
All in all, thought it was great, love the multiple endings, (anyone play Chrono Trigger?) and I'm looking forward to episode 3! Keep it up!

• Developers

Hey! I honestly don't know if this is the right place to do this (don't spend much time on the forums and whatnot), but I just finished the second episode, and I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this game so far. I thought the credit system was pretty fun and done well, I thought the "paint" item was a great idea, I like the individualized "rep" with people (very Fire Emblem). Pokemon events, side quests, and puzzles were all good too. I thought there was an impressive amount of content for two episodes. Oh, I really like the two starters! (My Krookodile and Delphox destroy, when they choose to obey me :P )

There were a few plot moments that I thought were a little weak/forced, but I don't know how to do the spoiler hiding thing, so I won't mention them specifically...

All in all, thought it was great, love the multiple endings, (anyone play Chrono Trigger?) and I'm looking forward to episode 3! Keep it up!

I really like this kind of feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'd really like to know what moments you felt were a little weak, you can PM to me if you'd like.

I really like this kind of feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I'd really like to know what moments you felt were a little weak, you can PM to me if you'd like.

Actually, if you're looking for this sort of feedback, will you be changing anything pre-episode 3? I might give a writeup on what I thought, too.

• Developers

Actually, if you're looking for this sort of feedback, will you be changing anything pre-episode 3? I might give a writeup on what I thought, too.

The only changes would be in dialogue and little bits of an event but the story itself wouldn't change. I use feedback to improve on the future of the game but I can't really change a story that's already happened.

Here's a progress report for Episode 3 for those who are at the edge of their seats.
Prior updates (99%)

#################### | Field Updates (100%)

#################### | Event Updates (100%)

#################### | Graphic Updates (95%)

#################### | Map Remodeling (100%)

#################### | Misc Updates (100%)

#################### | Scripting Updates (100%)

New content (96%)

#################### | Mapping (100%)

#################### | New Field Effects (100%)

#################### | Eventing (95%)

#################### | Sidequests (90%)

#################### | Story (95%)

Total Completion:

#################### | (97%)

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 4

It's almost there. Glad to know I can play the new episode in my next holiday in early May~ Oh, are the players' sprites getting an update too? If I remember correctly the player's sprites is going to be updated but perhaps that's my blurry memory said so...

• Developers

It's almost there. Glad to know I can play the new episode in my next holiday in early May~ Oh, are the players' sprites getting an update too? If I remember correctly the player's sprites is going to be updated but perhaps that's my blurry memory said so...

The sprite updates for players will be coming in Episode 4.

Mini Announcement

As most of you know, Episode 3 of Desolation is almost ready. Well, was almost ready. I've had a huge amount of amazing ideas come in from the community recently and I realized that some were so good that I have to add them into the next Episode. These are only in the form of side quests. This means that although the amount of content in Episode 3 will increase, the Episode will come about a week later then expected.

Stay tuned, frens [:

• Upvote 5

The sprite updates for players will be coming in Episode 4.

Mini Announcement

As most of you know, Episode 3 of Desolation is almost ready. Well, was almost ready. I've had a huge amount of amazing ideas come in from the community recently and I realized that some were so good that I have to add them into the next Episode. These are only in the form of side quests. This means that although the amount of content in Episode 3 will increase, the Episode will come about a week later then expected.

Stay tuned, frens [:

it's simple

it just means that it's gonna be a lot more fun :)

• Developers

Quick update here. There ARE multiple endings in Episode 3, however they are more dependant on the decisions you have already made rather than the decisions you will make in Episode 3.