Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

Caz, perhaps you should write up a plan for yourself which gyms will have what level caps in effect when they are reached so that you have in mind an idea of how to work the advancement

I did this back in Episode 1, but there's so much content I like to add that following the plan is difficult. In the future I'll have to find a way to stick with it.

Edit: Happy 420 posts to me, it's an honour to be here and it's great that the memes are still dank.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 2

Glad to know episode 3 will be a long one. As for the level caps thing, this may not be a good idea but maybe the way level caps works can be changed so your pokemon stop getting exp at certain level similar to Pokemon Insurgence's in hard difficulty, not in episode 3 of course...

If I may say something, keeping the level caps as low as possible wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing. It would actually encourage players to level up a reserve set of Pokemon for different situations instead of spamming Common Candies on overleveled Pokemon. Or so I'd hope. The main complaint about level caps for Reborn-type games tends to be less about the cap existing and more about the difficulty in actually leveling up reserves (though more of an issue in Reborn than Rejuvenation).

The amount of new Pokemon available per episode from this point on would have to drastically increase to encourage that, though.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 1

If I may say something, keeping the level caps as low as possible wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing. It would actually encourage players to level up a reserve set of Pokemon for different situations instead of spamming Common Candies on overleveled Pokemon. Or so I'd hope.

The amount of new Pokemon available per episode from this point on would have to drastically increase to encourage that, though.

Good point here. I think it's not a bad thing either, it's just me that got overthinking for other players especially player outside this forum. Oh yes, a lot of available pokemon. Wish for more ground pokemon~

• Developers

If I may say something, keeping the level caps as low as possible wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing. It would actually encourage players to level up a reserve set of Pokemon for different situations instead of spamming Common Candies on overleveled Pokemon. Or so I'd hope. The main complaint about level caps for Reborn-type games tends to be less about the cap existing and more about the difficulty in actually leveling up reserves (though more of an issue in Reborn than Rejuvenation).

Hmm, I'll note this down because it's a really good point and also a unique idea, thanks.

• Developers

I've aimed to start showing some updates via video for a while but I've been working too hard on the actual game lately to get started. I thought I'd start today showing a little preview of Blackview City, enjoy!

Thanks for the support and stay tuned frens [:

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 8

I like that new big city.

Also played Episode 2 done, it was very fun actually. Felt nostalgic with the picture when the other characters like ava talks. It reminds me of those old games room hack.

Also the trainers is BIG, which reminds me also the room hack games. I'm looking forward for episode 3 Caz!

Wow, that's a big city we are going to explore. I also like it for being "messy", it's like giant 7th street which is a good thing considered the city name: Blackview. Looking forward for Episode 3 ^^

• Upvote 1

Oh hey, I didn't realise Gastly was available. It's not even that strong, I don't understand why the others seem allergic to having it in their games. Thanks, I love Gastly.

I have a few new thoughts. You really should reconsider the credit system, the quests themselves, even in the episode that introduced them, get pretty repetitive and boring. I suggest making fewer, but longer and more detailed sidequests that give up more rewards instead of a few copypasted search for X quests, for example.

Looking forward to whatever's coming next. I mean it when I say this is looking really good so far, but do your best not to fall into the same traps lots of romhack or fangame makers do.

Oh hey, I didn't realise Gastly was available. It's not even that strong, I don't understand why the others seem allergic to having it in their games. Thanks, I love Gastly.

Actually it's really strong and is super fast especially when it's evolve. Just his level up movepool is meh.

Gastly is pretty cool as fuck tho.

Also agree on your quests too btw. Could give it more detailed/longer sidequest so it's memorable.

Actually it's really strong and is super fast especially when it's evolve. Just his level up movepool is meh.

Gastly is pretty cool as fuck tho.

Also agree on your quests too btw. Could give it more detailed/longer sidequest so it's memorable.

It is, but no much more than say, a starter. It's hard for it to OHKO anything and easily gets OHKO'd in return.

It is, but no much more than say, a starter. It's hard for it to OHKO anything and easily gets OHKO'd in return.

You have actually point. He's frail and he doesn't learn any good moves besides tms.

I agree you on that one fully.

• Developers

I have a few new thoughts. You really should reconsider the credit system, the quests themselves, even in the episode that introduced them, get pretty repetitive and boring. I suggest making fewer, but longer and more detailed sidequests that give up more rewards instead of a few copypasted search for X quests, for example.

Looking forward to whatever's coming next. I mean it when I say this is looking really good so far, but do your best not to fall into the same traps lots of romhack or fangame makers do.

Did you do the final rangers quests?

Besides that, Ive changed the way most credit quests work - with your views I think the change will be for the better, at least for you. Especially with the addition of the treasure isle side quests.

Edited by Caz

• Developers

Announcement!

Let's get roiiiiiiighhhhtttt into the news! Fight me keemstar. Introducing the final new character of Episode 3, the lovely but sarcastic and somewhat narcissistic, Emily!

66USH8c.png

Name: Emily

Type Preference: Electric

Hometown: Blackview City

tNowMXa.png

Emily is the famed Gym Leader of Blackview City. She's looked up to as the city's icon, a celebrity. Emily acts very vibrant and lovable, but hides her actually dark and self absorbed personality underneath, which we'll see in the next Episode. Emily hates Connor and is extremely jealous of Rosetta as she believes Rosetta 'stole' her potential fame as Ayrith's Idol. She refuses to believe the problem is really in her toxic character. But hey, people can change, right? Right?!

Classic Caz posting while everyone is asleep.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 9