Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

holy shit the new villager sprites look amazing. i remember when the very first download came out and i remember the villagers looking well for lack of a better word like shit (not that I could do any better). But the story and characters just pulled me in. Glad to see you improving the game. keep up all the good work and I'm really looking forward to episode 3.

Ah, splendid improvement on the sprites. Can't wait to see my trainer possibly getting a sprite

Looks like we should be getting the beta for Episode 3 pretty soon. Looking forward to it Caz.

• Developers

Thank you guys!

Ah, splendid improvement on the sprites. Can't wait to see my trainer possibly getting a sprite

Don't worry, Lazy Trainer Simon has not been forgotten ~ Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

update: Manetric is actually really, really broken.

swept aderyn with just a lvl 31 dog w/ the expert belt you get from beating up JOHN CENA (do do doo). only challenging mon (aka the only one i didn't oneshot) was emolga, but emolga could only 4ko me and since I had the drinks from the vending machine, I could beat it with bite. Hawlucha beat my Staravia in a few speed ties but if i'd bothered to grind it could've won, mostly used it to rezz the dog and heal it.

Instead of axing The Dog (though you still might need to), have you considered giving her a gligar/gliscor? Emolga does basically nothing to manetric, but a ground-move equipped glig might.

I'm just wondering how your Staravia managed to speed tie Hawlucha o.O Speed+ nature?

At least the Emolga made you use items though ^.^

It just got really unlucky in the match-up, I don't see why it deserves an axe (I would just be mean and give it HP ground :P)

hmmm...I might've outsped, but mostly I was just using revive/soda on manetric. (neutral nature+15 spd EVs)

who also outsped and oneshot hawlucha, though I can't say for certain because staravia's ace took it to half.

also, a lot of aderyn's 'mons use air slash, even though they're physical in nature. wouldn't it be better for Hawlucha (for example) to have aerial ace, given that it's the gym's TM?

I suppose you could be right, seeing as it's based off of starter choice. taking marshtomp in Julia or combusken into Florina makes either fight trivial, for example. but, seriously, my manetric came in there lvl 30 and left lvl 34! there was literally nobody in the whole gym who could stop me

also I've now taken 2 gyms by cheesing with 1 or 2 mons (combusken+staravia for first, dog for second)

Edited by doombotmecha

• Developers

I'm not going to cut Emolga but I have been thinking about replacing her Xatu or Honchkrow with a Gliscor, perhaps even her Chatot.

Edited by Caz

Honestly manetric's speed is almost more of a problem than it's SpA. 4 levels down from xatu, but with a few EV's and a fast nature that's no problem. Everything in the gym pauses for Manetric, so nothing gives manetric paws...i mean pause.

as long as he outspeeds the whole gym, he'll still be a massive threat. by replacing somebody like honchkrow or chatot, you make the gym easier for every other team just so that manetric doesn't sweep, which he might still anyways. maybe if the dog got replaced by something slower, like amphy or elekid? or if aderyn's gym got some faster mons, like staraptor or crobat? just thinking out loud.

Staraptor might be a bit of an overkill with the field effect (and it doesn't outspeed Manetric)

Maybe I was wrong in thinking Hawlucha could defeat Manetric due to out-speeding (118 base speed is faster than all my mons).

I can't think of anything except HP Ground Emolga/ a gligar evolution line / just giving a berry or two to reduce electric damage. Then again, I don't really know how to balance the game since I've always been the underdog in my run.

Wow, I like the new sprites especially the villagers, although I prefer old Idol Scarlett sprites especially the outfit since it's more fitting for an idol, I think. But, if new Scarlett is more fitting with how you plan Scarlett's role in the stories, then it's alright.The more suited for the stories the better, I guess.

Anyway for the whole Anderine team thing, how about Altaria replace her Chatot so her team can be bulkier. Also, having the field has additional effect that Sky Attack doesn't require to charge will give extra challenge (give Sky Attack to Hawlucha), it's the Sky Field anyway.

Edit. Noivern also speedy and neutral to electric attack.

Edited by PhantomBima

Staraptor might be a bit of an overkill with the field effect (and it doesn't outspeed Manetric)

Maybe I was wrong in thinking Hawlucha could defeat Manetric due to out-speeding (118 base speed is faster than all my mons).

I can't think of anything except HP Ground Emolga/ a gligar evolution line / just giving a berry or two to reduce electric damage. Then again, I don't really know how to balance the game since I've always been the underdog in my run.

it couldn't as hawlutcha doesn't have a base speed of 118 i out speed it most times with a base speed of 80 on my manetric other times it was faster so i assume it was holding a quick claw

also caz i would keep xatu in her teem as she seems to have it with her alot i think staraptor would be a good idea along with gliscor

@phantom how would she get a noivern at this point? i know what you are thinking tho and th better option would be altaria due to the level we are at atm

Wait, what do you mean by base speed? If you look it up, the base speed of Hawlucha is 118 and that should out-speed Manectric's 105 base speed.

I did not mean the stat value you see when you look in the pokemon's summary page.

Then again, Manectric can be ev trained in speed.

Edited by Pandalex12

Wait, what do you mean by base speed? If you look it up, the base speed of Hawlucha is 118 and that should out-speed Manectric's 105 base speed.

I did not mean the stat value you see when you look in the pokemon's summary page.

Then again, Manectric can be ev trained in speed.

seems my manetric's been ev trained in speed but not sure where form its at 50/11 docile seems to be a all round nature, that must explain it then but i din't even know i was ev training it.

• Developers

Chatot has been replaced with Gliscor and Honchkrow with Staraptor. I'm testing now to see the effects of this. It's likely that Gliscor will instead be a Gligar.

Chatot has been replaced with Gliscor and Honchkrow with Staraptor. I'm testing now to see the effects of this. It's likely that Gliscor will instead be a Gligar.

Yeah, Gliscor wouldn't be much of a problem if we didn't have a grand total of one ice type at that point in the game (IIRC), and that's only if you chose Spheal as your starter. Should definitely be downgraded to a Gligar. Staraptor by itself should already be able to handle the two major threats to her team (Aron and Magnemite), Gliscor on top of that is really overkill.

Honestly manetric's speed is almost more of a problem than it's SpA. 4 levels down from xatu, but with a few EV's and a fast nature that's no problem. Everything in the gym pauses for Manetric, so nothing gives manetric paws...i mean pause.

as long as he outspeeds the whole gym, he'll still be a massive threat. by replacing somebody like honchkrow or chatot, you make the gym easier for every other team just so that manetric doesn't sweep, which he might still anyways. maybe if the dog got replaced by something slower, like amphy or elekid? or if aderyn's gym got some faster mons, like staraptor or crobat? just thinking out loud.

Elekid and Electabuzz are already available (trade). I can tell you from my personal experience that Electabuzz with Expert Belt wrecks most of Aderyn's Pokemon completely. Electro Ball without Thunder Wave or speed de-buffs is enough to OHKO all but Emolga and Honchkrow, but since Honch often uses Sucker Punch, that's a free T-wave. Sucker Punch is still dangerous, but there are ways around it.

• Developers

Yeah, Gliscor wouldn't be much of a problem if we didn't have a grand total of one ice type at that point in the game (IIRC), and that's only if you chose Spheal as your starter. Should definitely be downgraded to a Gligar. Staraptor by itself should already be able to handle the two major threats to her team (Aron and Magnemite), Gliscor on top of that is really overkill.

I didn't promise that typing would be balanced, only that they'd suit the location. I don't see myself finding ice types in a volcano. But yeah you're totally right about Gliscor. Luckily, Gligar does the trick. I don't think she needs a Staraptor after some testing - Gligar is enough.

As a side note: The next episode is largely set on an icy peak, so you can probably expect your fair share of some ice types.

Edited by Caz