[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilly looks around at the entrance for a moment, and realized it might be a good idea to find someone who knows what this place is. For all they know, its abandoned inside and filled with crumbling walkways. Having an idea of whats in there might be for the best. And Ador was saying it dident smell like anyone had been here for a while.

"It looks like its been dug out, but I don't see anyone around. We can fly around the mountain and look for pepole. We can catch up later."

Without waiting for a response, Lilly and Ador, having already reached an understanding immediately start running off, as Lilly preforms her fusion spell and leaps into the air.

The reformed Union proceeds to fly around, looking for any clues or signs of human life.

Sure enough, Proditor feels the presence of The Barrier.

-

Arminius finds there's only one exit, in the northeastern part of the room.  An ornate, ancient archway, marble pillars supporting a huge carved relief of a strange symbol.

The child, following Arminius's sightline, looks up at the symbol as well, checking it out.

The ghost from before pipes up.

KjgCSpO.gif

Past that, a small patch of sunlight is shining on a tiny yellow flower, like the ones that were once in the previously described flower bed.

The flower is smiling patiently.

-

(10, 13)

Ador and Lilly are able to track down a river flowing into the mountain.  The river is filled with garbage, but even looking as far as they can, it must be miles and miles to whatever city is dumping the garbage here.

No other recognizable human presence seems to exist anywhere on the mountain or the surrounding forests, only accentuating the horrendous silence plaguing it.

Jun glances at the door and the surrounding area a bit before she finally says, "Well I don't know about the rest of you, but seeing as I can turn practically invisible, and since the doorway is just another gaping hole in space from outside, I think I'm going to try and scout ahead for a bit, see what's beyond that black door,". And with that being said, he took a couple of steps forward, turned on their stealth cloak, and faded away into their nightmares before passing through whatever it was that lied beyond the door.

"I'm the only one with armor.  I should probably go first," Rachel states, moving to enter the room before either of them, "If something ahead is hostile, I'll be more likely to survive.  If not, no harm done."

Arminius pinches the bridge of his nose. "Yes, but look at yourself. You're loud and stompy. I'm quiet and sneaky. If you go first everyone within a mile will know we're here. If I go first, we might not have to deal with hostiles at all because they won't know we're here."

Calvera, not one to be left alone, turns off her bright light, and follows the pair. She wasn't the tactical type... she sighed, and crossed her arms.

"I think we might just want to stay together... better than Armi getting caught by surprise alone..."

"I could send Opal through." The comment was followed by an irritable-sounding squawk from Lucine's bag. "It's not like she does much more than be a pain in the butt, anyway." More squawking, but it seemed that Lucine had managed to secure the container such that the imitation Kaleidostick couldn't free itself from its confines easily. 

-The Threshold, Ruins.

Everyone enters the threshold with the flower smack in the middle between them and another doorway.

It looks impressed, and the group fully entering the room seems to prompt the patient flower to pipe up.

PqhH3sD.gif

The room seems to dim when they finish speaking as a significance settles over this ENCOUNTER.

Muted colors aside, the most interesting thing of note are the vividly colorful hearts now floating in front of everyone's chests, in stark defiance of the rest of the room.

Despite all of this, the child is without fear, standing at the front with whoever else happens to be there.

-Trash River, Mount Ebbot's Surface

Lilly gets an ominous feeling from the cave mouth, her senses telling her it shares the properties of the cave entrance and the pit entrance.  A barrier stretches across it's insides.

"Is that a talking flower...?" Calvera looks to the heart in front of her, then back over to Flowey. "Well this is cute!" 

She turned to Arminius, and then back to Flowey.

"So what do these hearts have to do with being in the underground? Oh... you're probably about to explain."

Calvera laughs a short laugh at herself.

Nader sighed, looking at the gigantic doorway, and he checked each and every one of his six guns to ensure that they were all loaded. "If whatever is causing the psionics to not return caused Rachel to be unable to come back as well despite her flying backpack, sending a scout in on their own doesn't seem like a fantastic idea to me. We won't want to send anyone in to get stranded on their own if something grabs them and prevents them from coming back, and though I realize I've already split us to some extent, what we do have here should probably be presented all at once so if anything DOES try to get us we can fight it off. Still, some caution is merited crossing this thing, so I'm going to try first. Follow me."

Nader crossed through into the mountain's second entrance, but he did so in a manner that was naturally extremely careful. First, he pulled off his PAW and slowly stuck it through the barrier, making sure that the gun wasn't completely dissolved or something. Then, he stuck his finger's tip into the barrier, and if nothing horrific happened he would turn to the others, nod, state "Come on. We have to present a strong front," and walked through.

Arminius raises an eyebrow at the flower. This was odd admittedly, but plant based monsters acting as sentries watching for lost travelers and such did make sense, given their relatively low needs for day to day life. "Yeah, some explanation would be great, thank you."

-The Threshold, Ruins.

mL526MJ.gif

It's at this point that a pair of leafy vines emerge from either side of Flowey.

-Underground Exit, New Home

The gang all enter into what looks like a smoothened cave.  To the southwest of them, a stone archway held up by ornate pillars holds up a relief of some strange, winged symbol.

THE BARRIER stretches behind them in the room they just left.

Sister Rachel pulls her Incinerator flamer around on its shoulder strap, cradling it in her hands.  It's still pointed at the ground rather than anyone, but she flicks the safety off, the holy pilot light giving the barrel a menacing blue glow.  "Your nonsense does not fill me with confidence, creature.  Souls are not such fragile, ephemeral things.  And love does not strengthen them, only will, dedication, and contempt for daemon creatures such as you.  Arminius, Calvera, don't approach.  It's clearly trying to lure you in so that it may attack."

Arminius motions for the two with him to stay. He didn't suspect that the flower would try something physical after mentioning souls so prominently. The type to accost random strangers loves irony, and it'd be much more ironic to do the opposite of strengthening someone's soul in this case. After making sure the two women were staying, Arminius and Sindragosa approached with arms out, the former kind of cringing at going along with this and the latter... well, the latter just kind of looked bored.

"Man... I wanted to hug it..."

Calvera frowns, hoping deep down that Rachel was wrong, and it really was just a cuddly and harmless talking flower... she could use a new friend, after all. She makes sure the kid doesn't go forward, keeping them back with Rachel and herself.

Proditor

For the most part, Proditor didn't exactly pause upon floating through the Barrier. There was no point to it. They had to continue moving. Nevertheless, Proditor continued to keep an 'eye' on the surrounding area, making sure to have a general idea of what was coming up before they actually came across anyone. If diplomacy was needed, he wanted to make sure he would be the one to initiate.

Nader was careful, but he wasn't the gentle sort for such tasks.

Seeing that Arminius seems determined to engage the flower creature up close, Sister Rachel reluctantly swaps to her Inferno Pistols.  They'll likely not be as effective against a plant-like enemy, but they're also a whole lot less likely to set Arminius on fire if things go wrong.  She's reluctant to let him go in like that, but thus far she's been pleasantly surprised by her allies' competence.  Either he knows what he's doing, or...  Well, this wouldn't be the first time someone did something stupid and got their head exploded by a daemon.

Jun continued to venture forward, heading deeper and deeper inside of the doorway in search of signs of life, left behind objects, written documents, and anything that could be used to help find out where everyone's gone, only stopping to snap a picture or two of the strange winged symbol for...research purposes.

Lucine walked forward slowly, making sure not to advance too far beyond the watchful gazes of Proditor and Nader, When she got to the archway, though, she stopped for a moment to examine the symbol. "This is kinda weird, but I don't see any monsters around or anything." She glanced back toward Nader, as if she could glean something about the man's thoughts from his mask, before returning her gaze to the arch. "What do you think this is?"