[IC] ALTEREDNU

Hal Henderics

Hide contents

Rachel stands stalwartly in the way!

Arminius tries to sneak past while Rachel postures... (13, 15)  But Doggo noticed the movement!

Toriel stands still with a gleam in her eye.

The Child CHECKs Doggo!

5Sl2Dg1.png

"Don't move an inch!" Doggo shouts, swinging his Pomergranite Daggers at the entire party!  They glow with an unearthly Cyan light!

Rachel takes zero damage, the ghostly blue blades pass right through her!

(5+3+1+6=15) Arminius takes 15 Damage as the cyan blades strike him!

Toriel takes zero damage, the ghostly blue blades pass right through her!

The Child's SOUL glows brightly, as they choose to stand still during Doggo's attack!

The Child takes zero damage, the ghostly blue blades pass right through them!

BxvAAD2.png

STATUS

Hide contents

Arminius: !!! 9 / 24 !!!

Rachel: Healthy

Toriel: Healthy

Child: Neutral Red: (Gain the power to move around freely during the enemy turn!)

-

Doggo: Healthy

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Be careful, Arminius!"  Sister Rachel loads up her extra large needles with the good drugs, and uses Feel No Pain to give Arminius two stacks of Guts, "I am protected by my armor and the grace of the God-Emperor.  Faith is well and good, but you don't have any body armor to fall back on."

Hide contents

Rachel uses Feel no Pain to drug Arminius!

Arminius stands still!

The Child attempts to pet the dog...

Toriel unleashes a massive ball of flames at Doggo!

Before The Child can pet Doggo, the flames slam into them, knocking them away!

7o9f1I1.png

The FIGHT ends, with Toriel dusting the soot from her hands.

Doggo stumbles to their feet.  "I just got hit by something that isn't moving..!"

"I'm gonna need some dog treats for this..." they mutter dizzily, before running away.

"Let that be a lesson, my child.  This is why I asked for you to allow me to handle such altercations," Toriel explains.

The Child explains that Toriel never said that, confusing her.

"Oh.  Perhaps I was mistaken?" she responds, before shaking her head.  "Well, no matter."

Toriel looks at Arminius and Rachel curiously.

"I can't help but notice that the two of you seemed to struggle with that.  Perhaps I could bring you up to speed on how one might deal with a FIGHT here in the underground?  The little one here seemed to have no trouble at all, in fact," she points out, eyeing the child with a strange look.

From the way she's talking, she doesn't appear to be referring to the time-honored tradition of hitting the other person while trying not to get hit.

"I swore to you that I would not slay any of the abhumans of the underground until we tracked down the heretic Asgore, barring extreme circumstances," Rachel reminds Toriel, "As my last official tour of duty was as part of a campaign against splinters of Hive Fleet Leviathan, I do not have any anti-riot equipment.  As such, any attacks I make will likely be instantly lethal to soft targets to ones such as those we have encountered.  Unless I break my word, and I will not do so, any hostiles we encounter therefore must be defeated through diplomacy, intimidation, or subterfuge."

"I refer to avoiding harm, not inflicting it, Rachel.  I have noticed humans often protect themselves quite effectively, when attacked by monsters.  Even while ACTing, the child kept their SOUL perfectly still and avoided the blue attacks.  (As you may have guessed, blue attacks can only inflict harm on those who move.)"

"Perhaps it may be forward of me to say, but while your SOUL is out during a FIGHT, you may have new ways to protect it that you are not yet aware of," she explains.

Arminius, trying to get used to the process of moving when most of his body doesn't want to tell him what he's feeling, sighs as he elects to sit still for a while longer. "I'm always open to suggestions for how to not get beaten up."

Jun lets out a loud sigh after hearing the armored person's response, as she slowly starts to back away from them, "We're honestly here to help, but if violence is the only thing you understand then," her hand casually brushing at the fake controls of her suit, her muscles tensing in anticipation as she prepared to...."I guess we'll just have to leave and find someone else to speak to!," make her escape, apparently, trying to dart closer to the small child with stubby legs that are probably not great at running.

Loadout

HP: 24
Moves: 11

Stats: (21/21)

Essence: 5 (Base 4, +1 from training)
Constitution: 2
Dexterity: 10 (Base 8, +1 from Merit and +1 from training)
Intelligence: 11 (Base 4, +4 from merit, +3 from training)
Resistance: 2+6
Strength: 2
Synergy: 1
Perks:
Weirdness Censor: The Ambassador has a Dex*2 chance of dodging an attack by simply causing the attacker to suddenly be overwhelmed by the ambassador's darting movements and increasingly incomprehensible appearance that they just mentally file the Ambassador as somebody else's problem.
Beyond the Veil: Grants the perk backed action "Void of Incomprehensibility".

Actions:

(Perk Backed) Void of Incomprehensibility: The Ambassador can choose to over charge his personal field of chaos to the point where absolutely anything can be used to distract others enough to trigger mass change blindness and cause him to effectively disappear and become unable to become the target of any single target actions. The Ambassador must make an opposed Dex v Int check to stay in stealth if he has attacked the other participant in the opposed check, or if they had managed to successfully land a blow on Jun anyway. And he takes a malus to the roll that is equal to the other participant in the opposed check's Intelligence for every single success. He can choose to immediately end the stealth effect at will, and this ability can only be used once per encounter.
Level 2: Jun now gains a +3 to the first opposed check to remain hidden

Level 3: This action is now treated as being a First Strike action

Level 4: This action is now usable twice per encounter, but the second time it is used Jun must succeed on an opposed DexvInt check against the enemy closest in the initiative order to the move Jun uses to reactivate this action. Jun rolls twice for his roll and uses the lowest result.

A.G.I.L.E. system: The Ambassador's power armor comes equipped with the ability to climb up walls and "fly" in short bursts when inside a planet with Earthlike gravity, he can choose to temporarily overcharge this system and multiply his Dexterity or Strength stat by 1.2 for two rounds. Three round cooldown.

Level 2: Two round cooldown

Level 3: The multiplier is now 1.4

Level 4: The multiplier is now 1.6

Level 5: The multiplier is now 1.8

Burning Necrodancy: Now attuned to the Necrodancic arts the user gains a 50% chance to resist any effect that forces them to dance, if they so choose. Certain other hidden effects are also active. This passive is always equipped and doesn't require a slot

Hunt the Hunter Hunting the Hunted: Whenever the user is doing one of the following, they gain +3 to doing so:
Obscuring the user's location from someone who is trying to avoid the user
Learning the location of someone who is trying to find the user
Hiding from someone while approaching someone who isn't trying to detect the user
and Detecting someone approaching who isn't trying to hide from the user

No other circumstances trigger this bonus.

(Passive) Ace Ambassador
The user may choose to, while attempting diplomacy, replace random rolls with Visual Novel style Multiple Choice Dialogue Options based on Jun and the Target, with some options being locked due to either information or a quality Jun lacks, or due to a failed roll against a stat.

Listen Up: Jun gains the ability to mentally communicate with a single person using focused psionic energy.  That person is thrown directly upward with a pressure equal to four times earth's gravity until the communication session ends, if they fail to resist it.

Items: 

Needle of Agony:
Deals 4d6+[Dex] dark damage to a single target.  The target suffers 1/4 the damage dealt in stacks of “Agony”.  If the number of Agony stacks they posses exceeds their current HP they become incapacitated/die.  Agony stacks are cleared from active targets at the end of each round.
Level 2(craft): Once per combat as a free action the user may fire a bolt of dark energy that deals 2d6 points of dark damage and inflicts half as many Agony stacks.
Level 3(craft): The user can as an action create a dark cloud of mist that is roughly 6x6x6 and inflicts 2d6 Agony stacks to any enemies that passes through it, cooldown = 5.

Demon Mantel Defense System: A durable suit of power armor heavily modified by Jun and corrupted by demonic energies of Korax.
The user gains 5 Res and takes 5% less damage from Divine sources.
This item has one slot for specially designed modules.

(Slotted into the Demon Mantel Defense System) Meteorite Shield Core: a softly glowing powercore made of Meteorite metal and Silver, projects a powerful shield. Must be socketed into armor with module slots. Activates upon being struck by a projectile, reduces the damage taken from projectiles by 50% for one round then goes on cooldown for one round. +1 Res.

"I see.  If you have a way to more... actively defend myself without breaking my oath, I would be willing to attempt to use it," Rachel nods at Toriel, stowing her sword and letting her medicae take the used needles for sterilization, freeing her hands.

-The Lab

Jun grabs Lucine in a football carry, darting past the Royal Guard Captain and into Hotland!

wNL84aH.png

She shouts after them.

Jun manages to make it all the way to the Entrance to Waterfall in a burst of speed.

A gigantic lit-up sign spanning the entire hallway announces proudly, "Welcome to Waterfall!"

-

tliHsxE.png

She glances back at Ignia.

MtRkzvV.png

She scoffs.

7Gg9pHR.png

The armored figure turns sideways, glaring at Ignia with her good eye.

IOQHMb0.png

She pauses.

Her brow furrows under her helmet.

zL9nU6r.png

The armored figure rips her helmet off, throwing it off to the side.

EuVQnCY.png

She jabs a finger at Ignia

7enHCBv.png

She flourishes her spear,
NoYWTmi.png

Her eye gleams, as she points her weapon at Ignia

LGISgvk.png

She steels herself.

XMvYSTx.png

Undyne leaps towards Ignia, her spear at the ready!

YcAmWYX.png

Suddenly, Undyne swipes her spear through Ignia, forcing her SOUL to emerge from her body and turn a brilliant green color!

At the same time, she throws a spear into the ground in front of them, offering the weapon up to make things fair.

ncXqDPR.png

She points her finger straight at Ignia.

uesJiOw.png

Spoiler

Status
  Hide contents

Ignia: Malicious Green: Predict enemy attacks to avoid harm, movement is impossible! (1 Turn Remains)

-

Royal Guard Captain: Sweat-soaked, Hydrated, Dirt-Covered Armor. 

-Snowdin Trail

Toriel nods.

"Then I will enter a FIGHT with you, simply to allow you to discover what it is you can do."

Arminius, Rachel, and The Child find their SOULs emerging once again as the area around them dims into darkness.

Their SOUL hangs in front of them, Rachel's SOUL is golden, and gilded around the edges besides.  Arminius's SOUL is a grey drained color, and shows signs of wear and tear.

The CHILD's soul glows a vivid, eye-searing red, as they send it moving freely through the air.

Spoiler

Rachel: Healthy

Arminius: Healthy

The Child: Neutral Red: The user may move freely during the Enemy's Turn!

-

Toriel: Healthy

Ignia's guard breaks at the momentary distraction of Jun running away.  Her helmet pivoting as she just watched them run.

"Bitch!"

Her attention snaps back to Undyne as Jun and Lucine move out of view and with a couple steps she moves to make an appropriate distancing for a duel.  She listened to Undyne's speech while silently sizing up her opponent, only interjecting at mention of breaking an entering.
"Hey!  I didn't take anything, and I was against coming in here in the first place!  And I'm not the one tearing Hearts out of what?  CHILDREN?"

Ignia's free hand shot out to point at the monitor as it tracked the kid that Arminius and Rachel had chased.

"Do you have ANY idea how SICK that is?"
As she spoke the dark smoke wafting out of her armor briefly flared, giving a few glimpses of purple embers and an aura that pounded with her heartbeat and heaving chest.  Even as Undyne leaps at her Ignia's training kicks in, causing her to reflexively launch a bolt of fire at the center of mass.

Ignia casts Fira as a Quick Action with First Strike, she deals 2d10+10 fire damage with a 50% chance to ignite her target for 1d10+10 fire damage each round for two rounds.

Ignia prepares to counter an attack from...BEHIND!

For the other half of her Quick Action Ignia uses Poison Edge, poisoning Undyne for 8 damage each round for three rounds.

Spoiler

Stats:

HP: 55

DP: 0+3

Essence: 3

Dexterity: 0

Intelligence: 0

Resistance: 3

Strength: 10

Synergy: 10

If an attack would reduce your HP to 0 or lower, it instead reduces it to 1 unless you were at 1 HP when the attack landed or the attack would reduce you to a negative HP that has an absolute value is greater than your MHP.

Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Actions:

-Actives:

Cure: Restorative energy that mends bones and seals wounds.

Restore 1d4+[Syn] HP to one target.

Level 2: Quick action, may be used with the same move as another Quick action.

Fira(Bolt): Launch a single small ball of fire that homes in on your target.

Deal [Key dmg]+[Syn](instead of Str) fire damage to one target, 25% chance for target to catch fire and take [Syn] fire damage each round for two rounds.

Level 3: +1dX to burn effect.(based on Keyblade dice)

Level 4: Staggers target, interrupting any charging actions.

Level 5: Burn chance increased to 50%.

Level 6: Optional First Strike.

Poison Edge(Dark):  Make a Keyblade attack against one target, they become poisoned and take [Syn]/2+[DP] damage each round for three rounds, gain 1 DP, cooldown=1.

Corridor of Darkness(Dark): Ignia can summon a great doorway of shadow and black flame known as a “Corridor of Darkness”, this doorway links with any place Ignia has physically been, that she can picture and focus on, and that isn’t actively being warded against intrusions of darkness.  
Ignia must gain 1d6 DP for each creature that passes through, if she chooses not to those creatures must each make an Ess save against having their Hearts corrupted.
level 2: May now be used to link to places Ignia can see, even if she hasn't been there.

-Passives:

Deck Boost: A technique used to fit more commands into the user’s deck.

Gain two action slots that can only be used for active actions.

Combo+: See Frigus.

HP Boost: A common skill among Keyblade wielders, used to boost one’s physical durability.

Increase MHP by 8.

Levels 2-9: +3/each.(total of +32)

Heart Armor: Any Keyblade wielder worth their salt knows how to summon Heart Armor to protect themselves in combat against the Darkness.

Provides immunity to most environmental effects including brief void exposure.

Level 2: Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Level 3: Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Borrowed Power(Dark): Drawing from the Darkness has bolstered Ignia’s powers faster than ever before.

Current: +4 Syn, +3 Str, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 1: +3 Syn, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 2: +1 Str

Level 3: +1 Str

Level 4: +1 Syn

Level 5: +1 Str

-Equipment:

Name: Keyblade

Damage: 0d6+[Str]

Type: Active

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

-Smash II: Keyblade damage dice are now d10 instead of d6.

Name: Distrust
Description: The bronze Apprenticeship emblem Ignia started using after she “failed” her first Journeyman test and her previous keychain “Embers of Light” ceased to work, it creates a fairly old, elaborate, and slightly tarnished looking bronze key that is just a little corroded in places.

Special Qualities:

-Keychain: Attached to  a “Keyblade”.

-Ancient Bolster: +2 dice.

-The First Step: DP is considered 3 points higher when using this Keychain, these temp DP do not reduce MHP.

Level 2:

-Two Steps Back: Ignia may choose to ignore the first three DP she would gain in an encounter.

Name: Ability Stud

Description: A small lump of metal on a chain that seems to broaden its holder’s abilities.

Effect: Gain two action slots that can only be used for passive actions.

RI6sOUi.png

Ignia fires a blast of flames at Undyne, but the dirt on her armor absorbed the heat!

(2d10=5+10=15) (1d2=1) The flames deal 45 Damage as they crash into her!

Ignia strikes Undyne with a poisonous blow, dealing 24 Damage and Poisoning her!

3qAVLnR.png

(1d10+10=11) Undyne unleashes a glowing spear, sending it directly at Ignia, who whips around and gets hit directly in the back, dealing 11 damage!

pDlMLXv.png

Undyne is preparing five more attacks!

Hide contents

Status
  Hide contents

Ignia: Healthy

44/55 HP

-

Royal Guard Captain: Sweat-soaked, Hydrated, Cooling-Dirt covered armor.

-69 Health.

Ignia glares between where Undyne was and where she could've sworn she would've attacked from.

"What do you plan on doing once you break out?  Once the humans of this world find out what you did?"
She pauses, taking a second to loosen up her neck with a few cracks.
"Surely if seven Hearts are enough to break the barrier, untold thousands are enough to shatter your 'God'?"

Ignia lashes out out with another Quick/First Strike Fira for 2d10+10 damage, with a 50% chance of 1d10+10 burning.

She follows up with a Cure, healing herself for 1d4+10 HP.

Spoiler

Stats:

HP: 55

DP: 0+3

Essence: 3

Dexterity: 0

Intelligence: 0

Resistance: 3

Strength: 10

Synergy: 10

If an attack would reduce your HP to 0 or lower, it instead reduces it to 1 unless you were at 1 HP when the attack landed or the attack would reduce you to a negative HP that has an absolute value is greater than your MHP.

Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Actions:

-Actives:

Cure: Restorative energy that mends bones and seals wounds.

Restore 1d4+[Syn] HP to one target.

Fira(Bolt): Launch a single small ball of fire that homes in on your target.

Deal [Key dmg]+[Syn](instead of Str) fire damage to one target, 25% chance for target to catch fire and take [Syn] fire damage each round for two rounds.

Level 3: +1dX to burn effect.(based on Keyblade dice)

Level 4: Staggers target, interrupting any charging actions.

Level 5: Burn chance increased to 50%.

Level 6: Optional First Strike.

Poison Edge(Dark):  Make a Keyblade attack against one target, they become poisoned and take [Syn]/2+[DP] damage each round for three rounds, gain 1 DP, cooldown=1.

Corridor of Darkness(Dark): Ignia can summon a great doorway of shadow and black flame known as a “Corridor of Darkness”, this doorway links with any place Ignia has physically been, that she can picture and focus on, and that isn’t actively being warded against intrusions of darkness.  
Ignia must gain 1d6 DP for each creature that passes through, if she chooses not to those creatures must each make an Ess save against having their Hearts corrupted.
level 2: May now be used to link to places Ignia can see, even if she hasn't been there.

-Passives:

Deck Boost: A technique used to fit more commands into the user’s deck.

Gain two action slots that can only be used for active actions.

Combo+: See Frigus.

HP Boost: A common skill among Keyblade wielders, used to boost one’s physical durability.

Increase MHP by 8.

Levels 2-9: +3/each.(total of +32)

Heart Armor: Any Keyblade wielder worth their salt knows how to summon Heart Armor to protect themselves in combat against the Darkness.

Provides immunity to most environmental effects including brief void exposure.

Level 2: Reduce incoming Dark-type damage by 20%

Level 3: Reduce incoming Physical damage by 7.5%

Borrowed Power(Dark): Drawing from the Darkness has bolstered Ignia’s powers faster than ever before.

Current: +4 Syn, +3 Str, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 1: +3 Syn, equipping this action at the start of combat causes Ignia to gain 1 DP.

Level 2: +1 Str

Level 3: +1 Str

Level 4: +1 Syn

Level 5: +1 Str

-Equipment:

Name: Keyblade

Damage: 0d6+[Str]

Type: Active

Special Qualities:

-Bound,

-Growing Power,

-Keychains,

-Smash II: Keyblade damage dice are now d10 instead of d6.

Name: Distrust
Description: The bronze Apprenticeship emblem Ignia started using after she “failed” her first Journeyman test and her previous keychain “Embers of Light” ceased to work, it creates a fairly old, elaborate, and slightly tarnished looking bronze key that is just a little corroded in places.

Special Qualities:

-Keychain: Attached to  a “Keyblade”.

-Ancient Bolster: +2 dice.

-The First Step: DP is considered 3 points higher when using this Keychain, these temp DP do not reduce MHP.

Level 2:

-Two Steps Back: Ignia may choose to ignore the first three DP she would gain in an encounter.

Name: Ability Stud

Description: A small lump of metal on a chain that seems to broaden its holder’s abilities.

Effect: Gain two action slots that can only be used for passive actions.

Proditor

Though the area had been dark and foreboding, it was only now that Proditor felt the room's tension as he read through the new entries, taking special notice of the bowl covered in white slime. Injecting everything with a direct emotion, choosing to simply do that when one did not know what they were even doing.

Foolish.

But the entries stated that those that had "fallen" had gotten back up, yet the lab was seemingly abandoned. Clearly, something had gone wrong after the subjects were revived, something to leave this lab in its current state. Stopping in the middle of the room, Proditor scans the surrounding area for any lifeforms, as he had done earlier in the lab far above them.

Rachel’s prayers proved fruitful... but not in a way that would grant offensive power.  So she prepares an action to Deny the Witch for Arminius or the Child should Toriel choose to strike one of them. 

-Snowdin Road

As Arminius prepares to absorb an attack, and Rachel prepares to protect someone with the Emperor's blessing, Toriel nods curtly.

"Well, that should be adequate.  I will spare you, now."

The fight ends, and the world returns to normal.

She looks a bit saddened at how prepared Arminius and Rachel were for her to attack them, but shakes her head.

"I'm uncertain why it gave you trouble in the beginning, but it seems it merely took a moment of practice," she says, changing the subject.

"Shall we move on?"

The child walks over to a pile of dog treats in the snow near the sentry station.  They all have burnt ends.

YluIrSP.png

Arminius hears spookily, until The Child says the exact same thing out loud.

-The Lab

6ucwV4L.png

She laughs.

DPh32FA.png

(2d10=1+10+10=21) Ignia sends out a blazing fireball, but Undyne's Cooling-Dirt absorbs the heat!  Undyne takes 63 Damage!

(1d4=1+11=12) Ignia casts Cure, recovering 12 health!

She grits her teeth, fighting through the  pain.

UcmPiWc.png
aDndWGY.png

(5d10=4+4+5+10+6=29+10 )

Undyne unleashes a flurry of spears, they strike from all sides, hitting Ignia from the right, left, right, and two from below!  Ignia takes 39 damage!

She stares, breathing heavily at Ignia, who managed to survive the onslaught.

Hide contents

Status
  Hide contents

Ignia: Critical Health!

!! 11/55 HP !!

-

Royal Guard Captain: Sweat-soaked, Hydrated, Cooling-Dirt covered armor.

-132 Health.

Ignia scoffs at Undyne's comment and heaves against the raising pain of her body being beaten.  She reaches up to pull off her helmet where one of Undyne's spears had sent cracks through the visor, she dropped it to the side and let is dissolve before even hitting the ground.
"You....haha....You haven't been around much have you?  Humans absolutely can absorb the Hearts of others."
She turned her head to the side, spitting out a bit of blood as black flames started growing behind her.
"Some bastard destroyed my homeworld by absorbing the Hearts of the people inside."
Ignia pulls the flames up and forward as she steps back into the Corridor of Darkness.
"I'm sure we'll meet again."

Ignia uses Corridor of Darkness to Escape trying to link to Snowdin(which she can see on the monitor).
She gains 1d6 Darkness points from this.

Arminius shrugs. "Well, that's kind of the problem with trials by fire. You're likely to get burnt... Wait, smoking dog treats?" He said as the child spoke up, turning to look at them, and then the pile they had inspected. After a moment he scratches his head and turns back to Toriel. "Yeah... let's get going before that guy comes back."

-The Lab

1Z9p5PI.png

-Snowdin Road

"I suppose we should be grateful.  He could be smoking... Cigarfs." Toriel points out with self satisfaction.

(16, 4) Rachel notices the child staring at a seemingly random spot, moments before a swirling vortex of darkness erupts from the spot, spitting out Ignia.

"My goodness!" Toriel yelps, more shocked than surprised at the sudden portal.

Arminius smirks a bit at the joke, until a seemingly random portal spits out Ignia to Arminius' surprise, causing him to step back and, having no other experts in the area, turns to Toriel. Seeing that she was similarly shocked, he figured this wasn't normal. Turning, he looks to Ignia for an explanation instead.

Lucine squeaked in startlement as she was unceremoniously lifted and carried off in a less-than-comfortable carry. "H-hey, we can't just leave her behind!" She flailed uselessly a bit; this loosened her grip enough that Opal was able to free herself, clicking back together and following along through the air.

"Of course we can. What did you think you were going to do?"

"I was gonna help fight! Or convince her to stop, or something. I don't know, but I was going to be more useful than you."

"You're only useful with me around. Doesn't that make you the useless one?" 

". . . Why are you so mean?" Lucine seemed legitimately upset. It wasn't clear whether Opal was actually regretting her words, or had simply gotten the reaction she wanted, but the device fell silent once more.

Ignia hits the ground with a hard *thud* as the portal closed behind her.  After a second of lying still she slowly started pushing herself up with a groan and several coughs as her armor and weapon drifted away into motes of red and purple light.
"Oww."

Ignia got to a mostly standing position with an obvious bruised and battered look about her, she roughly pushed a clump of sweaty brown hair out of her face before finally noticing the odd looks she was getting.

"That was me, for the record."

She gestured back to where the portal was and then shook her head.

"We uhh might have a problem.  I just got out of uhh Hotland?  It was definitely hot.  That crazy armored guy, Nader, and Proditor decided we needed to snoop around some kind of lab.  They took an elevator down into a lower part and left the other three of us upstairs.  After a few minutes someone calling themselves the 'Undyne' came kicking down the door.  Jun tried to reason with her and then just grabbed Lucine and ran leaving me to fight her alone."
She winces as she reaches over to a noticeable red spot growing on her sleeve, pulling it back to show a gash in her arm.
"Anyway I lost that fight, but they're trying to make some kind of God to break through that barrier."

"Of course they are.  The heretic Asgore must be attempting to ascend to daemon princehood with his human sacrifices!" Rachel exclaims, "It becomes ever more imperative that we find him and stop him as soon as possible."