NECRONOMICOMICON [Trespassers DC Subplot]

DragonRage

Harry began setting up a small treatment station in the Macy's. Really just clearing off a large display table of jeans, collecting those clothes that looked like they'd rip apart into decent bandages if he ran out of his own.

Following that, he begin searching for those who may have sustained injuries, and to those who hadn't, said, "If you find anyone, send them my way, that corner of the store over there, just to the left of the 'Men's Apparel' sign."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sounds like a plan to me, I'll need to head over to a security terminal or get another rig that can connect with this world's internet first, but that should be easy enough," Alan said, nodding along as he ordered his Doombot back into the van, and sending some more camera drones out to scout ahead and search for a security terminal, or any particularly zombie filled zone.

With the help of the group, and Spider-Man's super strength, the Macy's is fortified and provisioned for a siege.  (If there's anything further y'all want to do to FORTIFY THIS POSITION feel free to post it.)  Jocasta and Scout Skipper rejoin the group, and with Alan phoning it in share what they've learned from the security cameras.  There's concentrations of undead in the Food Court, the clothes wing, and the sporting goods store; Doctor Octopus herself is holed up in the laser tag arena.  You could go and attack her now... but then she'd be able to call on the undead elsewhere for reinforcements, and the civilians hiding there would almost certainly be doomed.  You could clear the zones one by one, which would be the safest for you, but not for the besieged nerds.  Or... you could split up...

Citing that he still has the flu, Spider-Man offers to stay in the Macy's and protect the civilians.  Jocasta offers to stay as well, since being immune to becoming a zombie makes her ideal for holding the front line with minimal assistance.

Sha'Tith eats several large handfuls of dubious meat, and then carts back what he can to the Macy's.  It isn't entirely clear if he meant to share it, but given he sets it down and wanders off it shouldn't be a problem.

Afterwards he helps with the barricades and fortification, and going do far as to try and dig a trench at the main entrance to the Macy's.

Thinking for a little while on possible plans, Aquila proposes his own. "This is probably stupid but, do you think maybe we could launch a three pronged assault? We have two token forces pin down whichever groups we deem least dangerous, then have our main force take the last one, effectively removing any threat of them getting reinforced while also protecting civilians as much as possible.... Otherwise, are there any sewers or anything we could sneak through? The element of surprise is not one to be ignored, especially against numerically superiour numbers... or... something..."

"I... could call Brightwind," Danielle offers, "I may have picked up a magic winged horse at some point, and he's definitely faster than a car, especially indoors like this.  But these zombies are...  There's something strange about them.  There's more to them than the usual walking corpses."

"There aren't any black water lines or other pipes large enough for us to travel through," Jocasta adds, "And unless the building plans are horrifyingly inaccurate, we won't be fitting through the ventilation ducts either."

18 v 13 success!  Sha'Tith does not suffer any unfortunate side effects from the Taco Bell beef.

Scout curses.

"Damn.  that wouldn't work anyway.  I need a northern-facing wall I can walk into.  A corner with both a north and east facing wall would be even better.  If I jam myself into a wall like that, I can take steps really quickly, which should make me encounter all the enemies here."

"We just need to draw all the zombies away so that Doc Ock guy can't use them."

"...  Wait, if I'm on a horse, then I could go really really fast.  I think I can actually get all of the zombies to leave the mall if you let me use your horse.  Call your guys and tell em to get ready, because they'll probably all come out at once."

Scout looks for a good north-facing wall outside of the mall, and awaits their steed so they can use it to draw the undead out.

"Spiderman," Harry had at some point heard his name, "Didn't get your flu vaccine, eh?" The flu remained a relevant disease, though primarily in poorer regions of old earth in Harry's experience. Too mutagenic and contagious to really eliminate easily, and not lethal enough or threatening enough to those with enhancements such as his for anyone to invest the massive wealth that would be necessary. Such an effort would probably fail anyway.

"Oh and uh. . . you? Don't think I caught your name. But thank you for the help." He'd gotten the person to help bring over clean water for washing injuries, direct the injured, and miscellaneous other tasks without even knowing their name. Couldn't really judge based on attire in the current situation, but this person was certainly part of the team though, given what had occurred in the battle before.

"Uh...  I'm pretty sure whatever gave me my spider powers is still in my blood, and I don't want to leave that at a normal hospital," Spider-Man explains awkwardly, "So I usually get that stuff taken care of with them.  We do have actual medical doctors on staff who are trustworthy.  But I figured since I have an enhanced immune system, I should be fine without the flu shot, I've been real busy, and..."  Fortunately, Harry is at least certain this is just the flu, not some kind of bizarre super-virus.

Danielle looks at the assembled heroes a bit reluctantly, but swiftly gets over whatever trepidation she might be suffering.  "All right.  I'll call him," She takes a few steps back from the group, and looks up to the sky, "Brightwind!  I need you!" She calls out, and the sky answers.  A pillar of rainbow energy descends from the ceiling, passing through it without breaking it, and slamming into the ground in an iridescent cascade.  After a few seconds the energy dissipates, revealing a beautiful, white, winged destrier, standing in the center of an intricate, runic circle inscribed into the floor in a pattern of soot.  The horse steps over to Danielle and snorts, nosing her hand, as she grins despite her recent trying experience, "Brightwind... Whatever you're calling your group.  You guys, Brightwind.  Say hi, big guy."

Brightwind snorts again, sounding somewhat unimpressed.

Aquila finds this whole sequence vaguely familiar, but is frustratingly unable to think of what it reminds him of.

"What's up, I'm Scout Skipper, could you help us lure zombies away from innocent people?" they ask, getting right to the point.

"Once I start doing this, they're probably going to come out fast, so everyone be ready."

Once allowed, Scout will mount the horse and walk it over to a wall.

Once the horse attempts to take another step towards it, however, it begins to slide in place, galloping faster and faster.

Once at a full gallop under Scout's guiding hand, the pair begin to flicker as if teleporting, flipping towards and away from the wall while running in place.

At the same time, Scout begins twitching violently, building up speed even as they are seated on the horse.

The sound of hooves hitting asphalt becomes extremely loud and frequent.

Murderdance: The user jitters around by walking into a wall. This makes them take obscene numbers of steps at a high speed.

Level 1: By walking into a northern-facing wall, the user may aggravate all enemies nearby, drawing them towards Scout Skipper.

Level 2: If the user walks into the corner of two walls facing to the North and East, the effects of this ability are quadrupled.

Level 2: Chair-running:

Merit Level 1: The user may gain 1 Dex per turn in combat while sitting in a chair.  Out of combat, they instead merely build up speed.

Merit Level 2: Out of combat, the user may do this by sitting on anything.

Music fills the mall, faint at first, but growing louder, accompanied by the stomp of Deadite feet.  

Spoiler

"ARE YOU READY TO GET LOUD?"  Around a corner comes a Deadite who looks more like a thin, pale, emaciated woman than a walking corpse.  She's wearing a purple leotard and leopard print leg warmers, and her blond hair is styled into a spiky mullet, as she moves along with staggering, unsteady footwork that results in a curious shuffle.

"YEAH!"  The Deadite crowd begins to follow her, rank after rank, grooving along in perfect sequence.  There's plenty of the usual skeletons and zombies, of course, as well as a smattering of other Deadites scattered throughout.  And they're all dancing.

"ARE YOU READY TO GET FUUUUUNKY?"  She raises one arm to the sky, down to her waist, and into the sky again, in the classic, corny disco move.

"YEAH!"

"WE'VE BEEN CHALLENGED!"  She spins to the left.

"YEAH!"

"TO A GROOOOOVY DANCE BATTLE!"  She spins to the right.

"YEAH!"

"AND WHAT WILL WE DO?"  She thrusts both hands in the air, making the 'rock on' gesture

"DANCE 'TILL THE DEAD WAKE!"  The Dancing Deadite horde shouts gleefully.  

"IT'S TIME FOR A MONSTER MASH!"  She crows.

A blur of motion fills the air before her, and five colorful figures land, bits of their skin and muscle flaking off to reveal their undead nature, before striking a flamboyant pose.  "NECRODANCER, ALLOW US THIS FIRST DANCE!  WE'LL BRING THE HOUSE DOWN, WE SWEAR IT!"  The Necrodancer appears to consider this for a moment.

"VERY WELL!  THE FIRST DANCE GOES TO... THE NECRO FORCE!"

"GULDO!" The short, green one shouts, combat rolling into position and striking a snappy beat with his tap-dancing shoes.

"BURTER!"  The tall blue one leaps into position, standing ready...

"JEICE!"  The red one leaps after, grabbing onto the blue one's hand and causing them both to spin about, keeping each other balanced as they strike a pose behind Guldo at a 45 degree angle from the ground.

"REEEEECOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE" Screams the largest, relatively normal-looking one, as he whirls into place to the right of the trio, standing delicately en pointe despite looking like he weighs the better part of 250 pounds, all of it muscle.

"GINYU!"  Shouts the last, a purple, horn-headed one, as he leaps into position on the left.  A DJ stand appears before him, and he shuffles records rapidly, before slamming a set down.  The music stops.  "NECRO FORCE RULES!  THE DEAD WILL DANCE!"

Initiative:

Spoiler

The Necrodancer  30

Necro Force  18

Danielle Moonstar 14

Scout Skipper  8

Thunderlord 7

Aquila  7

Alan  4

Freya  2

Stretch 2

Harry  1

Sha'Tith  1

Deadite Chorus Line 0

Spoiler

The Necrodancer:  100% Groove, Dance of the Dead, Monster Mash

Necro Force:  100% Groove, Monster Mash, Theme Song

Danielle Moonstar:  100% Groove

Scout Skipper:  100% Groove

Thunderlord:  100% Groove

Aquila:  100% Groove

Alan:  out of range, bad vibes man

Freya:  100% Groove

Stretch:  100% Groove

Harry:  100% Groove

Sha'Tith:  100% Groove

Deadite Chorus Line:  1000% Groove

Theme Music:  Ginyu Tokusentai

Spoiler

Briefly and very figuratively shitting himself at the sight of essentially the entire hoard of deadites converging on Scout Skipper's current position, Alan decides to leave a message on whatever contact information the Avengers reservists gave him that said, "Uhhhhh, I think Scout just challenged the entire zombie horde to a dance off, and they seem to have...accepted it? Now I don't know about you but I think I'm just going to try and bag the necronomicon while Doc Ock's minions are uh, doing thriller or something? I don't fragging know." Before he tries to wheel his van about to one of the mall's non deadite covered entrances, and charges forth towards the laser tag with his many drones in tow, and the really dissapointingly small Overwatch PDW in hand.

Using the speed they built up from Hyper-speed sitting, Scout leaps off of the horse and attempts to clip their way to the front of the Deadite Chorus Line to lead it!

"Conga!"

Level 1: Clip: The user attempts to force themselves through a barrier that has some sort of flaw in it.

Merit Level 1: The user makes a Dex Check against a door, wall, or other barrier.  If the barrier has some sort of flaw in it, such as a crack, or thin spot, the user may pass through it.

Spoiler

Stats:

Essence: 3

Constitution: 5

Dexterity: 8

Intelligence: 1

Resistance: 0

Strength: 1

Synergy: 1

Perks:

Level 1 Perk: Death Warp: The user revives upon death, at the cost of being dragged back to where they started.

On death, the user respawns either on the ships, or at the beginning area of the current plot, chosen by the current GM.

Actions:

-Actives

Murderdance: The user jitters around by walking into a wall. This makes them take obscene numbers of steps at a high speed.

Level 1: By walking into a northern-facing wall, the user may aggravate all enemies nearby, drawing them towards Scout Skipper.

Level 2: If the user walks into the corner of two walls facing to the North and East, the effects of this ability are quadrupled.

Level 1: Flip Stomp: The user leaps into the air, and, flipping over, stomps down onto a foe below with their fists.

Merit Level 1: Deals 1d6+Dex Damage, adds 1d6 Damage for each time this is used without using any other action.  Not doing anything counts as an action.

Level 1: Clip: The user attempts to force themselves through a barrier that has some sort of flaw in it.

Merit Level 1: The user makes a Dex Check against a door, wall, or other barrier.  If the barrier has some sort of flaw in it, such as a crack, or thin spot, the user may pass through it.

-Passives

Level 1: Wrongwarp: The user can find themselves in strange places when they die in other strange places.

Trick Level 1: If the user dies while passing through a significant passageway, transition, or teleporter, they have a chance to respawn in a doorway or transition into a random location somewhere in the same world.

Level 2: The user may trigger this ability when using Clip.

Freya

"Awesome, I'll be back in a flash" Freya said as Henry got back on its four legs, shaking itself like a wet dog before Freya sent it through another portal, allowing the young Necromancer to stand back up and rush to the store Spiderman pointed towards. Despite the work done to fortify the store however, Freya was oddly absent, seeming to have vanished in the clothing store. At least for a short while before she reappeared, a new black, belted coat layered over her ruined dress, "Okay, there's a lot more stuff here than I was expecting, but I think this should do the trick. It even has a few pockets for all my-" Freya commented as she walked to the front of the store, showing off how cool her new coat was until she noticed the music, stamping feet, and shouting, "... Wait, what did I miss?"

Thunderlord just sort of stared at their enemies for a moment. She hadn't the faintest idea of how to respond to that. As a result, she fell to her default method of problem solving.

Shoot the Necrodancer with Thunderlord. Use Akimbo to throw a knife as well.

Stats:

• Essence: 3
  • Constitution: 1
  • Dexterity: 7
  • Intelligence: 3
  • Resistance: 1
  • Strength: 1
  • Synergy: 2

Perks:
They Rest Quiet on Fields Afar. . .: Grants the soulbound item "Thunderlord."
. . .For This Is No Ending. . .: Thunderlord has HP and all HP-boosting effects reduced by 40%, but will resurrect a full turn after taking lethal damage, once per encounter.
. . .But The Eye: Whenever Thunderlord is resurrected, she regains the usage of all actions that are usable more often than once per encounter, and all ramping actions are set to their maximum.

Flaw: No Firewall: Thunderlord's various firmwares are designed to fend off completely alien networks and interface with virtually any human network. As a result, she is vulnerable to cyberattacks, and enemies lacking any explicit ones but having the capability can use an action to roll an opposed INT check to stun her for a round.

Actions:

-Actives
Flickshot: Thunderlord rakes her fire across the enemy's weak point, dealing increased damage. Doubles critical chance on wielded weapons, and deals an extra die of damage should the weapon not have a critical chance.  2 turn cooldown.

Akimbo: Snaps off a shot with a one-handed weapon as a free action. 3 turn cooldown.

Agility: Thunderlord dodges and mitigates incoming attacks, granting a pool of temporary HP equal to her DEX. This temporary HP does not stack or decay.

-Passives
One with the Gun: Adds half of Thunderlord's INT to crafting attempts involving firearms. Double this bonus if it is a light machine gun or similarly-sized weapon.

-Trumps

Equipment:
Thunderlord: A powerful machine gun, and the chassis around which this particular T-doll was designed. It has a devastating combination of damage and rate of fire, each shot increasing the speed with which the next arrives. Deals (1+n)d8+DEX damage, where n is the number of times the weapon has been attacked with previously, up to a maximum of 2+the number of worlds that Thunderlord has cleared. Damage resets if the user does not fire it at least once in a round. (Worlds Cleared: 0)
-Soulbound
-Merit Level: Increases die to 1d10. This is the maximum die size for this weapon.

Incredibly Old Cloak: Has a lot of. . . character. Increases wearer's DEX by 1 for the purpose of saves and other evasive purposes, and 2 for the purposes of stealth.

Throwing Knife: An old, but well-cared for knife balanced for throwing. Deals 1d4+DEX damage. 25% crit chance if used at range.

As the entire crowd of undead thing people assembled, and as a bunch of different colorful beings emerged from the ground to join a being of necromantic dancing and a chorus line, as disco beats pumped through the air and energized the room, Stretch's reaction was immediate and unhesitant, as he slapped one fist determinedly into his other hand (causing both to bounce away and jiggle mightily). "Oh! This is a... a DANCE-FU BATTLE! It's where people move their limbs in weird ways to do magic thingies to battle! It's the long and ancient tradition of the People Who Have Weird Arms And Stuff On That One Giant Ship Thing!! We must take this challenge seriously and demonstrate our proficiency in the ways of DANCE-FU! Do not worry! One of the People Who Have Weird Arms And Stuff On That One Giant Ship Thing told me I had a strong arm once, which I'm pretty sure means that I am, like, good at DANCE-FU and moving arms and stuff!!!" With that "assurance" out, Stretch politely waited for the first dance from the Necroforce to end before he took action. But when it did...

"STREEEETCH AAARMSTROOOONG DAAAANCE-FUUUU POOOWWEEEERRR!" Stretch shouted at the top of his lungs (which is really loud considering how he can inflate them) and then he grabbed two handholds on opposite sides of the room, dragging himself back across most of the room perpendicular to his arms...and then slingshotted himself back, sending him rocketing into the other wall. But his journey didn't end there -- instead he bounced off of the wall in the exact opposite direction at extremely high speed, carrying him over to the wall. Then he bounced off of that wall, hitting another, and bouncing off at terrifyingly high speeds all across the room, a living and remarkably elastic projectile.

But there was an additional quirk to this. Every time he bounced, he crossed back over the exact same spot in the room, opposite the NecroForce, where he struck a pose -- and he was bouncing so fast that these poses came in quick succession, Stretch becoming a human slideshow of poses and moves. These moves and poses lacked in technical prowess, for Stretch had never actually danced before... but they made up for that in sheer enthusiasm, kicks and points and twirls and a handstand bouncing off of the floor, a whirlwind of energy all over the room translating into a high-energy series of "DANCE MOVES" right across from his DANCE-FU BATTLE OPPONENTS.

Stretch uses the Wild Slingshot Trump, which grants him an extra Action and 2 Initiative for 2 turns! And he uses it to GET FUNKY!

Spoiler

Life Stones (x3): Bright blue oval shapes that are actually kind of made of stone, but are soft and chewy and heal people when eaten! One of Stretch's favorite foods, of course. Heals 8 HP. Can be stacked up to 3 in a loadout slot.

Wild Slingshot: Being as incredibly elastic as Stretch is does have mobility advantages as well -- by stretching out his arms to grab two objects and backing up, Stretch can begin to slingshot himself around at high speed, bouncing off of objects and the ground, whipping by enemies rapidly, turning him into a surprising blur of motion. Stretch gains 1 extra action and [DEX] init for 2 turns.

Rubbery Gatling Gun: Stretch takes a few seconds swinging his arm in circles again and again and again and again to twist and coil it up, the elasticity then afterwards causing his arm to spin in the other direction rapidly, now with a little bit of extra force to it from his own efforts, for an extremely rapid-fire punch. Stretch takes uses an action to charge -- with the next action, he can attack an enemy with four attacks, which each do 1d4+[SYN/2] damage. This attack cannot kill. 

Bouncing Strike (Level 3): Stretch deals out a punch, kick, or headbutt, at the end of a stretched arm or leg or head, bouncy fellow that he is. If he's been punched or stabbed, however, the attack gets even stronger -- as the hit body part flies back and then elastically snaps back with a vengeance!

Does 2d6+STR damage, 4d6+STR damage if Stretch was hit by a physical attack in the last turn.

Level 2: Attack upgraded from 1d6+STR damage to 2d6+STR damage

Level 3: Attack now deals 4d6+STR damage if Stretch was hit by a physical attack in the last turn.

The Tubes: A set of tubes, ALSO bright blue. These stretch from a point at Stretch's chest to his arms and head, and conduct Magic Juice. They aren't actually tangible, parting and reforming when touched, but will disintegrate if not on Stretch. When this is equipped, active healing actions used by Stretch have an additional 2d4 effect when used on him.

"What the hell. . ." Harry murmured softly, as he watched the line of zombies waltz in, literally. How was he supposed to treat people here now? Well, at the very least, this kind of battle looked like it might have significantly less bloodshed.

Mentally projecting outward, Harry soon found Alan. "You seeing this? Is this all of them? This stuff just keeps getting crazier and crazier. What's happening on your end?"

Following this confirmation, Harry considered a few options. He could try to sneak out, a plan seemingly doomed to failure. Invisibility, or rather erasure of his presence he had, but it could be extended to only one victim. He could dance, but. . . well there was no reason for him to believe that would do anything. Harry considered attacking, but, the situation wasn't all that bad at the moment, as the zombies weren't attacking them, and he didn't want to break that seeming truce.

So for now, he settled on poking around in people's mind. Specifically, Recoomes. It took a bit to identify his mind, Harry knew he'd need some practice at that, but eventually he found it. "Hey there old buddy, it's me, your conscience." What a stupid idea. "Know it's been a while, but you know how it is. Thought I'd check in. . .How you been doing lately? Nice pose you got there, good figure, how much you benching these days?

Try to impersonate Recoome's conscience with Psionic Message. Keep quiet and sit off to the sidelines at the impromptu medical station if necessary.

Spoiler

HP: 42

Essence: 1

Constitution: 11

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence:  10 (x1.25)->12 (+3 on wounded)

Resistance:  3 (+9)

Strength:  3

Perks:

Prodigy: Harry's INT is treated as boosted by 25%.

Advanced Biotechnology: Harry regains 10% MHP per turn.

Applied Knowledge: When Harry tends to someone else's wounds, he regains half the HP he healed for them.

"A Good Deed is its own Reward, but I'll Take What I Can Get." Harry receives extra merit beyond the usual (determined by a GM) for furthering medical science and/or establishing/advancing medical practice in a lasting manner in a world.

Flaw:

Combat Surgeon's a dangerous job: For one round after Harry heals an ally, he will be hit by a copy of the first attack made against the ally that he healed. If he used a multiheal, he simply takes a copy of the first three attacks made against the subjects of the multiheal.

Actions (7/7)

Slap on Bandaid and call it good enough: Heals one target by 1d4+INT

Level 2: This heal now has first strike.

Level 3 (trick, 29 v 1, 6): Heals by 2d4+INT

Disinfect: Remove all statuses from a chosen target. 2 turn cooldown.

Level 2: 1 turn cooldown

Level 3: No cooldown

Now you see me. . . (trick, level 1): Allows the user to edit themselves out of a target's senses. Requires line of site, and only works on one target at a time. Harry now has the ability to work with Psionics.

Psionic Levitation (trick, Level 1): Harry can lift objects up by making an Int check against them. However, if the object is bigger/heavier than a regular book, Harry is unable to lift it, and if Harry levitates something for too long, he will take damage based on GM discretion via migraine.

Level 2: Harry can now lift something that is 5 kilograms

Level 3: Range of lifting is increased to 25 feet.

Psionic Resistance (Passive, Trick, Level 1😞 The user can passively resist the absolute most minor of mental effects without a roll.

From a certain point of view (trick, Level 1): Harry gains the ability to see the world from a new point of view, being able to expand his senses to roughly 10 feet radius, being able to practically see around walls and listen to others despite not being around. However, due to his inexperience, this makes him both vulnerable while using this ability, and turns him into a psionic beacon that other psychics can easily spot.

Psionic Message (trick, Level 1): In his attempts to imitate what Proditor does casually, Harry has figured out how to directly send his thoughts to other people. And that is it. He is still unable to hear other people's thoughts, but can now throw his own thoughts at another person's head. 10 meter distance limit.
Level 2 (trick): Harry can now hear a willing person's responses to his telepathic messages.
Level 3 (merit): Range is now 100 meters
Level 4 (merit): Range is now 200 meters

Sha'Tith gave a puzzled look at the odd actions of the undead creatures.  He wasn't entirely familiar with what was going on, but he knew song and dance when he saw it.  Dancing under the stars was after all a sacred tradition that had been made far more difficult by the looming presence of the Sky Fallers.

Sha'Tith spends his turn tuning his Ukulele, after all its been a while since he played.

Aquila stared at the uh.... What? He didn't know what was going on, even while it was being explained by the apparent leader of the mob. Finally, at the words "Dance Battle" he understood what they meant. It must be a local custom, something that the stretchy one confirmed for him. Yes, if they wanted to resolve this battle without blood shed... Who was he to deny them? Besides, it's not like he hadn't kept up on his dancing.... Aquila swaggers up to the front, the cockiness of his walk making up for the lack of visibility of his smirk. When he gets there he takes off his helmet, dropping it at his side and revealing his face to the Necroforce. "I am Aquila Aurelianus, a warrior of the warborn..." He pauses, spinning in place before stomping to a stop, pounding his chest with a fist, making a loud thud like a drum and holding it there as he poses in response. "... and the best dancer in my village!" He continues, moving his arms fluidly as he turns around again, before preforming a side flip (and silently being glad that his armor was always rather light, shield aside.) and landing in a wide stance, one knee on the ground, his head slightly bowed as he holds his hand fanned out in front of his face. "If it a dance battle you are looking for..." Once again he spins, this time stopping facing the Necroforce, one foot extended out and the other extended out behind him as he points at the group. "... THEN I WILL ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!" Aquila's voice thunders out as he spins back into a standing position, tossing away his flail into the crowd of normal deadites(which he almost winces at) and stopping with a fist to his chest and an arm extended out, still pointed, as he stands perpendicular to the Necroforce with a fire in his one good eye. 

Aquila Marks the Necroforce and uses Weapon toss in conjunction with Rhythm of War on the deadite horde.

Spoiler

HP: 38
Moves: Dex=6

Stats: 18

Constitution: 9

Dexterity:6

Intelligence:  0

Resistance: 7

Strength: 11

Synergy:  0

Perks: Spirit of the Blood Eagle: Damage generated by the user's abilities is converted to THP, this pool is only used when attacked by enemies.

Target lock: Grants the move “Dueling Target”

Advanced Autobrewery Syndrome: Being far more fun while drunk, the user gains morale bonuses to checks after consuming any edible food item, however, one encounter after that, their health is obscured due to drunkenness.

Current Bonus: +2,  Health obscured next encounter.

Actions: Slots 7
-Actives
(Perk Backed) Dueling Target: Marks an enemy. That enemy takes 1.5x more damage from Aquila and deals half damage to him. Can only affect one target. Free action.
Block: Halves all damage taken, but can’t attack at all.

L2 Get behind me!: An ally can choose to be affected by block, losing their ability to attack but having damage to them halved.

Groin attack: Knocks the air out of an enemy. Deals 1d6 damage and if the target fails a STR v CON check they're action locked for two turns.
Weapon toss: Aquila throws his weapon at an enemy, making an attack with it and equipping it to the enemy, while allowing Aquila to equip a weapon from his reserve.

Remember the basics of CQC: Aquila stops worrying about little things like getting hit, dealing and taking doubled damage from single target attacks. He can end the rage at will, causing him to deal 25% less damage for the rest of combat.

-Passives

Rhythm of war: Aquila may use normal combat actions when dancing to similar, but groovified effect.
-Trumps
Revenge:  Aquila has a meter with points equal to his Health. Every time he takes damage without countering he gains points equal to damage taken/dealt. When the meter is full he gains temporary hitpoints equal to his maximum health and his damage is increased by 1.5x for three turns. Can only trigger once a fight.

Equipment:
 Trusty Flail: A piece of metal on a chain attached to a handle. 2d6+Str damage.

Reserve:

+1 Intermittent Vorpal Katana of Swiftness (Level 2, gear):  This magic sword was created by shoddy gnomish contractors to be sold as a genuine Nipponese +3 Vorpal Katana and upgraded with Precursor technology by Law.  It deals 2d6 + strength + 1 damage, and when you attack with it roll 1d20, or 2d20 if this is the first time you've attacked with it in an encounter.  If a 20 is rolled on the d20, the attack deals pure damage.  If a 1 is rolled on the d20, the attack deals no damage

Captain Bullseye's sword: An old  sword from a now dead XCOM Ranger. The sword is in surprisingly well kept condition, and will probably be a lot better in Aquila's hand from now on. Deals 2d6+Dex damage.

Imhotep's Shield - This probably magical item gleams with a faint, inner light.  Provides a +[str/2] bonus to resistance while equipped. +2 res when Fighting against invaders from a faraway place, defending newfound allies, defending friends who are not fighting alongside the user, protecting the current world from destruction.
Modern Crusade Armor: A suit of armor made from modern materials, and most importantlyit fits his asthetic. +3 RES, doubled against bullets.

• 1 month later...

"Let's get EXTRA FUNKY!  I smell your dark funk, girl, but my funk is stronger!"  The Necrodancer squares off with Freya, sensing her dark power!  The undead dancing mage pulls some hip-swinging Disco moves, causing Freya to lose 20% of her groove!

The Necro Force Dances!

Ginyu continues working the platters, blaring their theme song! 

Recoome is distracted by a voice in his head... 

Guldo advances on Thunderlord, tapping menacingly, occasionally teleporting (or appearing to) to surround her in a wall of staccato impacts!  Thunderlord loses 20% of her groove!

Burter and Jeice square off with Danielle and Aquila!  In the spirit of fair play, as their opponents are preparing to dance, they do not attack the pair's groove.

"What the heck?" Danielle stares at the Necro Force and the Necrodancer in utter confusion.

Scout Skipper attempts to clip to the front of the Deadite Chorus Line to seize control of it.  But Scout Skipper can't lead a chorus line while someone else's theme song is playing...

Aquila makes a passionate challenge, and Burter and Jeice accept!  Seeing him being ganged up on, Danielle steps up next to him.  "Two on one?  Let's make it a two on two.  I'm not a bad dancer myself!"

Alan is very confused.

Freya is very confused.

Stretch uses his Wild Slingshot trump to get extra funky!  As Recoome was distracted, there's nobody to counter his sick moves!  The Deadite Chorus Line loses 50% of their funk!

"My conscience?  Man, I thought you were dead!"  Recoome responds, holding his ready pose and apparently completely forgetting what he was supposed to be doing, "Especially after I turned into a zombie and started turning other people into more zombies by eating them and dancing at them.  I'm doing great!  Being a zombie is a lot of fun.  You don't have to work out to keep your gains, just eat people and make more zombies!"

Sha'Tith tunes his Ukulele!  Sha'Tith has set up "Island Beats" potential...

The Deadite Chorus line dances to Ginyu Force Rules!  All non-Deadite dancers lose 5% groove...

Init:

Spoiler

The Necrodancer  30

Necro Force  18

Danielle Moonstar 14

Scout Skipper  8

Thunderlord 7

Aquila  7

Alan  4

Stretch 4

Freya  2

Harry  1

Sha'Tith  1

Deadite Chorus Line 0

Spoiler

The Necrodancer:  100% Groove, Dance of the Dead, Monster Mash

Necro Force:  100% Groove, Monster Mash, Theme Song

Danielle Moonstar:  95% Groove

Scout Skipper:  95% Groove

Thunderlord:  75% Groove

Aquila:  95% Groove

Alan:  out of range, bad vibes man

Freya:  75% Groove

Stretch:  95% Groove

Harry:  95% Groove

Sha'Tith:  95% Groove, Island Beats ready

Deadite Chorus Line:  9500% Groove

"Man that's pretty sweet. You know when we got zombiefied I kinda got lost. Stuck in the dusty empty rooms back here. Realll empty, really convoluted. Took me till now to get out!" Harry rambled. The fact that this had actually worked, if even for a bit, was baffling. Now though, how could he keep this guy distracted for longer? It might even be a good thing if the dude figured out that Harry was not his conscience, there'd be a few things Harry could pull off then.

"So I like not losing gains, but I gotta know, can you make any gains any more? Or you stuck, hit a wall, never gonna improve your strength no more? Man that would be a real shame wouldn't it, if some dude came along and managed to beat us cause he could still beef up more. That'd be a real embarrassment in fact. You ever worry about that?"

Continue to try to impersonate Recoome's conscience with Psionic Message. Keep quiet and sit off to the sidelines at the impromptu medical station if necessary.

Spoiler

HP: 42

Constitution: 11

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence:  10 (x1.25)->12 (+3 on wounded)

Resistance:  3 (+9)

Strength:  3

Perks:

Prodigy: Harry's INT is treated as boosted by 25%.

Advanced Biotechnology: Harry regains 10% MHP per turn.

Applied Knowledge: When Harry tends to someone else's wounds, he regains half the HP he healed for them.

"A Good Deed is its own Reward, but I'll Take What I Can Get." Harry receives extra merit beyond the usual (determined by a GM) for furthering medical science and/or establishing/advancing medical practice in a lasting manner in a world.

Flaw:

Combat Surgeon's a dangerous job: For one round after Harry heals an ally, he will be hit by a copy of the first attack made against the ally that he healed. If he used a multiheal, he simply takes a copy of the first three attacks made against the subjects of the multiheal.

Actions (7/7)

Slap on Bandaid and call it good enough: Heals one target by 1d4+INT

Level 2: This heal now has first strike.

Level 3 (trick, 29 v 1, 6): Heals by 2d4+INT

Disinfect: Remove all statuses from a chosen target. 2 turn cooldown.

Level 2: 1 turn cooldown

Level 3: No cooldown

Now you see me. . . (trick, level 1): Allows the user to edit themselves out of a target's senses. Requires line of site, and only works on one target at a time. Harry now has the ability to work with Psionics.

Psionic Levitation (trick, Level 1): Harry can lift objects up by making an Int check against them. However, if the object is bigger/heavier than a regular book, Harry is unable to lift it, and if Harry levitates something for too long, he will take damage based on GM discretion via migraine.

Level 2: Harry can now lift something that is 5 kilograms

Level 3: Range of lifting is increased to 25 feet.

Psionic Resistance (Passive, Trick, Level 1😞 The user can passively resist the absolute most minor of mental effects without a roll.

From a certain point of view (trick, Level 1): Harry gains the ability to see the world from a new point of view, being able to expand his senses to roughly 10 feet radius, being able to practically see around walls and listen to others despite not being around. However, due to his inexperience, this makes him both vulnerable while using this ability, and turns him into a psionic beacon that other psychics can easily spot.

Psionic Message (trick, Level 1): In his attempts to imitate what Proditor does casually, Harry has figured out how to directly send his thoughts to other people. And that is it. He is still unable to hear other people's thoughts, but can now throw his own thoughts at another person's head. 10 meter distance limit.
Level 2 (trick): Harry can now hear a willing person's responses to his telepathic messages.
Level 3 (merit): Range is now 100 meters
Level 4 (merit): Range is now 200 meters

• 4 weeks later...

Freya

Upon being called out, Freya let out a little 'eep', staring in shock (and confusion) as the Necrodancer unleashed his moves, young and tired brain trying to catch up with what was going on. Thankfully, now that she had time to take in the sight, she was able to figure out the current situation... A grin growing on her face. She wasn't someone who had any experience with the fine art of dancing, but she still found it fun regardless. And, with the fact that she just died a few minutes ago, a fun diversion sounded wonderful to her. So, presenting her staff, Freya brought a hand to her hat, pulling it down and tilting her head so that only one of her eyes were peeking out from underneath, "Very well! I, Freya Wentz, humbly accept your challenge!" she shouted back, raising her hand from her hat and, in full dramatic fashion, snapped her fingers, a loud crack filling the dance floor despite the music that played. If the Deadites had their own backup dancers, then they would in turn need their own.

In an instant, several portals opened around the young Necromancer, popping out Freya's own support; Her Bone Bats, immediately flying into a skull formation above Freya's head; Henry, back from the dead and cartwheeling in the air before landing on its feet; and Solara, being very confused about why she was summoned for a dance off. But, going further, Freya taps the ground in front of her with her staff, the floor quickly shifting and allowing a new horde of dirt constructs to claw their way up from the ground... before posing in full unison, seamlessly slipping into the rhythm of the Ginyu Tokusentai.

Freya uses her action to summon 28 more zombies, who in turn join in the dance against the Ginyu's dance group. The Bone Bats merely stay in their skull formation above Freya's head, while Henry barks at Guldo to get his attention (and taunt him). Solara uses her Flaming Sword and wings to fly within the air, trying to get some attention with some cool sword tricks.

Spoiler

Stats:
Essence: 7
Constitution: 0
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 3
Resistance: 
Strength: 0
Synergy: 7

Perks:
Necromancy:
“What? Raising the dead is just something Necromancers do. You thought that I couldn't just... Do it?"
Freya, despite her appearance, or perhaps befitting of it, is a very skill Necromancer, and as such knows how to reanimate the dead to do her bidding. Unlocks the action… “Necromancy”.

Death’s Lock
“Honestly? Death is a bit of a minor bump in the road for me now. Granted it's hard, but I can do it.”
Through planning ahead (or just preparing a spell ahead of time), Freya can survive death once, coming back to life after the turn is over with half her health. However, after being used, Freya must reset the spell, which takes an hour of work to complete.

True Resurrection

"Please... Don't go..."

The true power of a Necromancer's magic is being able to bring the dead back to life, not just reanimate them. Unlocks the action "Resurrection"

Not Kosher (Flaw)

"I'm generally not well liked in the holy community. Something about being a 'servant of darkness' and 'a crazy psycho bitch' or whatnot. Bunch of weirdos up there if you ask me."

Undoubtedly, Freya's sheer aptitude for Necromancy has caused her soul to visibly blacken, so much so that she is considered evil by most. Freya is locked out of Holy Ground, unless they can sufficiently convince the deity in question otherwise

Action Slots (5/5)

Passive

Freya's Personal Little Zombie World: Freya, after learning about the fact that multiple universes exist, whipped up a spell to help abuse that fact, managing to create her own little dimension that she chooses to store her creations in. Freya can store (Syn+Int) zombies into this place at any point in time, and merely creates portals to let them out.
Level 2: Freya can now equip this in combat, which lets her summon a minion as a free action if Freya has an open action slot.
Level 3: Freya's Personal Little Zombie World now considers undead within it to be alive, so long as they are in there.  Undead are capable of training and growing within this pocket space, so long as their false-living needs are taken care of.

Trumps

Natural Requiem: Freya infuses powerful necromancy into nearby soil, causing it to temporarily return to what it once was, spawning undead made of the ground itself. Freya summons Syn*4 zombies made from material in the ground around her, which are grouped into one. Freya then rolls 1d4, which is the health of each zombie. Each zombie can attack for 1d2 damage each. Usable once per encounter.
Level 2: Only 15 zombies can die from a single damage source

Level 3: Each zombie can attack for 1d2+Syn/4 damage

Equipment

Black Stick of Death: Freya’s large, special staff, which is… Not that special, only being made from black wood and being about as long as Freya is tall. However, the top does open up a bit, revealing a small glass bowl fused into the wood that Freya uses for certain spells. When equipped, Freya gains +3 Essence when using Necromancy.

Level 2: As it turns out, Freya has molded little rat skeletons into the bottom of her staff, which can be used to let the staff follow Freya while keeping her hands full. She generally doesn’t show this off to much people, but it is something. The Black Stick of Death does not take up an action slot to use.
Level 3: The Staff has begun to store the life energy from those that die around Freya, creating purple roses that sprout from the staff every encounter, equal to the number of people that die. These roses have many crafting uses, though they vary depending on the life energy stored within them.

Level 4: By using a lung, bladder, and a portal (don't ask how she got the lung and bladder), Freya can now store 1-10 Gallons of blood in a small pocket dimension and use it for Blood Rituals.

Level 5: Soul Roses: Gains [SYN] Temporary HP, that can only be refilled at the cost of 3 Soul Roses (so essentially you get 3 less each combat if you lose all of the temp HP)

Minions:

Henry

Solara

Bone Bats

Dirt Constructs

Henry

Spoiler

Skag Spitter:

HP: 29

Stats:
Str: 5
Dex: 3
Con: 3
Int: 0
Res: 5
Syn: 4

Perks:
Hard-Bodied- This creature's HP is calculated at [20+CON*3] instead.

Abilities:
Actives-
Acid Spit- Deal 1d4+SYN damage to target. Lowers RES by 1d4 for 1d2 turns.

Bite- Deal 1d6+STR damage to target. 10% chance to cause "Bleed- Take 1d6 damage for 2d2 turns." Cooldown: 2 turns.

Bark- Taunt 1 enemy for 1 turn. Cooldown: 2 turns.

Solara

Spoiler

Solara, Serran Archangel

The spirit of the leader of the refugees from Serra's Realm.  A powerful archangel in life, Solara retains her spiritual purity and holy power in death, though as a ghost her ability to leverage the physical potency she once enjoyed is rather lacking.

Stats:

HP:  36
Str:  8

Dex:  8

Int:  1

Syn:  4

Cons:  -

Res:  5

Ess:  8

Oathbound Spirit:  Freya can expend merit to upgrade Solara as though the angel spirit was a part of her character sheet.  The merit spent cannot exceed the amount of merit Freya has spent on herself this plot.  Solara occupies 3 action slots, and starts with 3 action slots, though more can be gained through investment of merit.

Intangibility:  Solara is incapable of interacting directly with other physical objects.  While this grants a complete immunity to actions that don't affect spirits and the ability to pass through most substances, it also makes Solara incapable of affecting others with physical actions.

Vigilance:  In addition to her other actions, Solara will body-block incoming attacks for Freya when she can.  Unfortunately, Solara is in her current form incapable of blocking physical attacks.

Holy Shroud:  Being undead, Solara is all but impossible to permanently destroy.  Should she be reduced to 0 HP she does not suffer a wound, but is rendered unable to act in encounters for the rest of the plot.

Actions:

Flaming Sword (level 2, active):  Solara throws a cut with her holy sword, dealing 2d8 + strength holy damage.  This attack can affect targets even if they would ordinarily be immune to it, but the damage is halved in this case.

Lay On Hands (level 2, active, 36/36):  Solara can use holy magic to heal injuries.  She gets a number of charges per plot equal to the MHP she had at the start of the plot.  1 charge can be spent to heal 1 HP.  5 charges can be spent to heal 1 status ailment or debuff.  During each use, any number of charges may be spent on a single target touched.  Despite being a holy healing effect, this action can heal undead.

Serran Armor (level 2, passive):  Solara's holy aura manifests blessed mail armor to defend her.  Grants +4 resistance.

Angel Wings (level 2, passive):  Solara can fly.  While flying, Solara has a 5% dodge chance.