NECRONOMICOMICON [Trespassers DC Subplot]

DragonRage

Freya

With a sort of frustrated/half hearted groan, Freya sunk ever so slightly at Aquila's response, "Yeah, I guess" she mumbled. Clearly, she was wanting to get inside as soon as possible.

However, as fast as her downer mood came, it was gone as she perked back up, "You know, I've never actually been to a festival before. At least not big ones like this. What's normally at things like this?" she asked, before pausing, "... Well, roughly, since this is another place and all that, I don't think everything would be the same, and obviously the exact reasons... Are... Yeah" Freya continued, trailing off near the end as she realized she was rambling.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquila nods in understanding. It obviously wouldn't be the same but he figured Freya would at least be interested in hearing about the festivals he's been to. "Well, usually I wasn't involved in much else but me and the other warriors would participate in games and shows of strength, for instance something a Highlander brought over was what he called a Caber Toss. Basically we'd take a log and try to throw it as far as we could. Also there were the typical duels and wrestling, I'm sure you get the gist of that. Hm... of course the craftsmen would come and sell their wares, the Godis would recount the sagas and share their wisdom, and of course there'd be drinking and food."

Freya

"Really? Huh" Freya replied, thinking for a second, "I guess I'm not surprised. If that's the case, I'm not really sure why my father never let me go to them" she commented, before quickly disregarding her thinking, "Anyway, the best I've gone to is family get-togethers. It was a pretty big family, and we treated it like a big event, so I guess it was our version of a festival. We didn't have big games though, it was mostly just talking and catching up, pretty boring most of the time, but not bad" she explained, remembering the times where she wasn't treated like a black sheep to the rest of society.

Simpler, happier times, they were.

"Hm... I'll have to check out what is for sale here. Maybe I can get some stuff from here" Freya continued without a beat, thinking on the matter. It probably wouldn't be much, but there was someone who had gotten a hold of magic, so there was probably something helping him do so. Or not, who knows.

Aquila nods at that. After a couple seconds of silence he speaks once more. "I wonder how my family is doing. Haven't seen them in years and I haven't even been in my province for a few months. Mostly been working in Chosen lands since that's where the bulk of the hard fighting is."

"Oh, not another wanna-be supervillain sorcerer," Danielle groans, rolling her eyes, "Those are always a massive pain.  Hmmm.  I don't see any clown around here, but those two look like a witch and a knight."  She points over the crowd towards where Aquila and the tip of Freya's hat are making their way towards the convention center's entrance.  "They've got the same distinctive feeling of displaced confusion you do, so I bet they're from another world too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIDAY will send a message to the network "Avengers Reservists" in 3 rounds.

FRIDAY will send a message to the network "NYPD" in 3 rounds.

FRIDAY has constructed a Mining Facility!  FRIDAY is mining resources!  FRIDAY has constructed a Signaling Station!  FRIDAY no longer needs to concentrate on sending calls.

Alan used Disrupt!  FRIDAY's intelligence is reduced b d;.....................jfdakljd;sak;aj,.

Alan Disrupted one of FRIDAY's calls!  The NYPD will be notified in 5 rounds!

The Doombot opens fire on FRIDAY, dealing 27 damage!  FRIDAY is not significantly hampered by this...

The Sectopod opens fire on FRIDAY, dealing 21 damage!  FRIDAY is not significantly hampered by this...

FRIDAY has constructed a Chat Room!  FRIDAY is recruiting...

FRIDAY's Mining Facility has mined 3 KryptoKittys!

Initiative

Spoiler

FRIDAY:  10

Alan: 5

FRIDAY: 5

Status

Spoiler

Alan:  In perfect condition, DOOM EMULATOR, Sectopod Called, DOOMBOT called

FRIDAY:  In perfect condition, Home Field Advantage, Signaling Station, Mining Facility, Chat Room, 3 KryptoKittys

A call will go out to the Avengers Reservists in 3 rounds.

A call will go out to the NYPD in 5 rounds.

The girl took a break from scanning the crowd to glance back at Danielle, nod, and then look back toward where she indicated. She didn't like going off of feelings, but evidently feelings were this girl's specialty, and it's not as if she had a better lead to pursue. The absolute worst case scenario was her asking a group of strangers questions they wouldn't understand; even if by some strange coincidence they were agents of the sorcerer they were dealing with, that just meant she wouldn't have to search any further to find them. Thunderlord took another brief moment to figure out her path through the crowd, and off she went without a word. The T-doll was confident that the other two would be able to make their way over on their own.

A short time later, Aquila felt a tap at his elbow, and beside it appeared a hooded girl with electric blue eyes and an intimidating-looking machine gun. "Do you know a man named Strange?"

Aquila looks down at the tap and seeing a small girl he needed a moment to process the question. Mostly because he didn't actually read the letter for obvious reasons and had to get his information in summary. Finally though he nods at the question. "Oh yeah, I take it that you're a new recruit then? I'm Aquila and this is Freya, good to meet you." Aquila would extend his hand to shake the small person's but... he had to make sure Freya wouldn't get swept up again. It wasn't likely but still.

Freya

"I'm sure they're fine. If nothing's happened to your place, then nothing bad should've happened. Hey, if we ever get the chance, we could probably go and check, if you want" Freya replied, not paying attention to the area around her until she heard a voice speak directly next to her. Specifically, from a hooded girl with some strange item, asking if they knew someone named Strange. Instantly, having read the letter given to them, Freya recognized this as a potential helper, and partner of course, but didn't say anything until Aquila was finished.

Once he was though, Freya stepped around the knight, "Hey, pleasure to meet you" she greeted, pressing her staff on her shoulder for a second so she could give the girl a small wave.

Alan, realizing what FRIDAY is trying to do sends a short encrypted message to Freya and the rest that simply says, "In Van, too busy dealing with a high minded antivirus software to get out right now, see you in the con later." attempts to perform the following actions:
Alan uses Assume Direct Control to try and take over FRIDAY's mining facility, making an opposed Intelligence check to do so and gain her arbitrary feline cryptocurrencies.
Alan orders his DOOMBOT squad to switch targets and instead disrupt her Chat Room's systems, using the Minigun deal 4d6+Strength (15) damage to try and distrupt the code's stability and make FRIDAY come off as a wannabe script kiddie who can't even create a secure IIRC Chat

If possible he will say the following things to Friday , "You know I was going to do that myself right? I want the police to be here for this, could always use the help with evacuating later. Although I'm not sure why you're calling the army here but whatever."

The girl stared blankly back at Freya for a moment before giving a small and somewhat awkward-looking wave back. "I am Thunderlord." She slipped behind the two as Aquila waded through the crowd, looking as if she expected an enemy assault at any time. "You could refer to me as such, yes," she stated plainly, answering Aquila's question. "Have you learned anything about the sorcerer nearby?" The T-doll also watched for her initial two companions and their progress through the crowd. It would be inconvenient for them to be separated at this time. 

• 3 weeks later...

"You want me to call the authorities?  I'm not sure what you think you're getting from this, Doom, but..."

FRIDAY has diverted all spare resources to contacting her allies!  The Avengers Reservists will be contacted in 1 round.  The NYPD will be contacted in two rounds.

FRIDAY's digital constructs have been disrupted!  The chat room collapses.  Alan acquires six KryptoKitties before being locked out of the Stark Enterprises mainframe by a hardware-based bypass at the source!  (6 v 14 luck check) Unfortunately, five seem to be flagged as Common Kitties, with only one being an Uncommon Kitty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, hello.  I'm Danielle Moonstar.  Pleasedtameetcha," The X-Man in training greets Aquila and Freya, "I ran into your friends here and they seemed extra special lost, just like you two.  A rogue sorcerer isn't something I oughta let run around here, so I'll help you out if I can.  I think I might be able to guest you into the con with my pass.  I was planning on inviting some friends, but apparently none of them have taste in movies.  Lucky for you guys, though."

Freya

"Well... Not really. We're still looking for a trace of him, but he's somewhere in the area, as far as I know" Freya replied, rubbing the back of her head as they walked... Before having to pause to face the new arrivals, specifically, a woman introducing herself as Danielle, and what seemed like a man covered in robes, "Oh, well, pleased to meet you as well Danielle. I'm Freya, this is Aquila" she greeted, gesturing to Aquila as she did so, now restarting her approach to the con itself, presumably with the others following to prevent her from getting swept up in the crowd, as she had already done before.

Aquila gave the new girl a nod. He didn't realize they couldn't just walk in so this was most fortunate. He gave a shrug in response to Thunderlord. "Well, seeing as we probably can't just go around asking people... I think we should probably look for people doing magic. Can't be that many right?"

• 1 month later...

Now united (except Alan gg no re), the group heads into the convention.  There's a surprisingly small line, and it takes almost no time at all, perhaps because it's 2 PM and everyone who wants in is already inside.  The con is very colorful, with extensive use of banners, streamers, and cheesy horror fonts advertising such events as a Marvel Comics panel, a presentation by famed horror director Sam Raimi, cosplay contests, and Walking Dead Laser Tag.

However, before any of you can think to explore some of that, a skylight in the ceiling shatters, sending glass and passers-by scattering!  From the broken window, a dark shadow drops!  It's a bird!  It's a bat!  It's...  this guy.

Spoiler

NECROMASTER

WHAT A FUCKING WEEB

image.jpeg.9644dba009605756a745b0c7c11009c0.jpeg

He's tubby.  He's kind of greasy looking.  He fell way slower than physics suggest he should have.  And he's waving a colorful, hardback book in one pale, sweaty hand as he gasps for breath.  Chasing after him, a flash of red and blue!  With a faint 'thwip!', a grappling line connects to the ceiling, allowing this far more acrobatic figure to swing in after the slimeball...  Before a mighty sneeze causes him to plummet from his line to the floor, where he slides along through the broken glass and convention detritus.

Spoiler

SPIDER-MAN

HE'S NOT FEELING SO GOOD, MR. STARK

Image result for spider man beat up

"Hahahaha!  As I have forseen!"  The black-clad guy laughs nervously, like he can't quite believe what's happening, "No amount of mere spider powers can stand up to the arcane might of the NECROMASTER, MASTER OF THE NECRONOMICOMIC!  You will fall before me, Spider-Man!"  He fires a bolt of energy from his right index finger, and Spider-Man is forced to stand there and take it with a grunt and a wince; if he'd dodged, it would have gone into the crowd of fleeing nerds.

"Just (cough, cough) put the Necronomicomic down, Jared," Spider-Man tells the amateurish wizard, "It's not too late for you to come out of this without more than community service.  Why would you even try to take over New York with a comic book spell tome you downloaded off the internet anyway?  You have to know that's not going to work, man."

"It has brought you to your knees, insectoid man!" Necromaster points out gleefully, "As it will all heroes!"

It seems your wannabe wizard has presented himself.  Danielle seems torn between helping Spider-Man and being under orders to not do superhero things in public before graduation, but you're under no such restrictions...

Aquila jumps a bit at the sudden entrance of a bad guy, who apparently was who they were looking to begin with. He's quick to shake it off though, shoving his way through the crowd to assist the man in red and blue, pulling out his shield as he decides to distract the wizard. "Hey, Moose Lard! I'd say I'm a hero, why don't you test that idea now!?"

Scout Skipper dashes to the nearest folding chair, sitting down in it in a specific way.  Running as fast as he can on the inside, even though he's sitting perfectly still in his chair.

Level 2: Chair-running:

Merit Level 1: The user may gain 1 Dex per turn in combat while sitting in a chair.  Out of combat, they instead merely build up speed.

Merit Level 2: Out of combat, the user may do this by sitting on anything.

Freya

... Freya had a lot of questions. Way too many to ask, especially since her wonder of the place she was in was cut short by the 'Necromaster's' appearance, along with 'Spider-Man'. Weird names, but regardless, there he was, the wizard they were looking for. So, what else was there to do but push against the fleeing people in order to get to where the two were, and where the rest of the group were going.

"Wait, hold on" Freya quickly called out to Aquila, running in front of knight, specifically to get between of the Necromaster and Spider-Man, "Excuse me, hello, can we settle down for a minute here and not try to kill each other?" she asked, mostly trying to get to a point where she could at least talk to the Necromaster herself. Still a rather stupid title, but hers was generally just 'Heretic' or 'Demon', so she couldn't complain.

As she did that, she quickly snapped her fingers, a portal opening quite a bit away, preferably out of sight of the Necromaster, dropping in her old friend, Dyno, stealthily moving around the Necromaster in preparation. Freya couldn't be sure that the Necromaster was a good guy, the man behind her told her that he could likely be violent, so it was good to have a shot at taking him out without actually killing him. But she hoped she could resolve this peacefully, one Necromancer to another.

Aquila frowns at Freya trying to reason with the nercronerd, but allows her to speak, and instead turns to help up the spider guy. He'd have to complement him on the emblem later, kind of reminded him of his own tattoo. 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:11 AM, DragonRage said:

"You want me to call the authorities?  I'm not sure what you think you're getting from this, Doom, but..."

FRIDAY has diverted all spare resources to contacting her allies!  The Avengers Reservists will be contacted in 1 round.  The NYPD will be contacted in two rounds.

FRIDAY's digital constructs have been disrupted!  The chat room collapses.  Alan acquires six KryptoKitties before being locked out of the Stark Enterprises mainframe by a hardware-based bypass at the source!  (6 v 14 luck check) Unfortunately, five seem to be flagged as Common Kitties, with only one being an Uncommon Kitty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Help obviously, there's going to be a a lot of panic soon, and you're going to want to evacuate people after what happens...happens, just don't say that the Radbot didn't warn you if yo-," Alan then winched back in real life as he is shunted out of the system, the shock of the sudden eviction causing him to drool a little under his mask, before he awkwardly wiped it off. He waited for a moment before gingerly standing up to throw a tarp or something over his minigun armed DOOMBOT, and uhh waving in the general direction of the Sectopod. All he could do for now was sit down, and try and see if his camera drones have working speakers while he waited for the authorities to arrive.

It was still kind of strange for him to want the police to arrive, but that's what cops are supposed to do right? Serve and protect people? But if nothing else, they'd still be something standing in between him and the necromancer.

Thunderlord simply sighed. She'd been expecting a threat that was slightly more. . . credible. She then chided herself silently; it was good to find less resistance than you expected. She raised her weapon towards the "Necromaster," thumb positioned to flip the safety. She wouldn't fire yet, as apparently one of her newfound allies wanted to try and reason with the man. Thunderlord didn't see an issue; it was likely that the artifact of Darkness he had found had already corrupted his mind beyond recovery, and personally believed that every second spent here was one that brought them further toward more dark forces arriving on Earth. . . but perhaps he was as little of a threat as he looked. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Hah!  You?  A hero?  You must be new since you've not been in the news!  I, Necromaster, master of the Necronomicomic, shall-  Oh d'arvit that's Captain America I'm screwed!"

The party and Spider-Man turn toward where Necromaster is looking, but Captain America is nowhere to be found...  

Danielle Moonstar stares at Freya's discreetly summoned undead bear creature with glassy-eyed horror as a dark shadow looms over the native American superhero trainee and the oblivious Freya.  The teenage girl whips around and screams with existential terror.  "BEAR!  THE DEMON BEAR!"

Freya's 'Bear'

Spoiler

Image result for redheaded lady knight with spear

"Did you really think you could escape me, necromancer scum?" The Purifier Templar looms over Freya, just as she did all those years ago, "No distance will keep you safe from justice!  Prepare yourself for purification!"

Scout Skipper's 'Bear'

Spoiler

Image result for mad scientist

"Ah hello there Scouty boy!" Doctor Acula lays a menacing, gloved hand over Freya and Danielle's shoulders, baring his fangs, "Are you ready for the next round?  Now that we've gotten the control group out of the way, it's time for the experimental trials.  Hypothesis:  your friends' blood will give me the power I need to defeat you.  Oh, I love science!"

Aquila's 'Bear'

Spoiler

Image result for peacekeeper for honor

Rising behind Freya and Danielle, the lightly armored woman says nothing as she raises her arming sword to strike the necromancer, and her dagger to end the X-Man.  She makes no sound and not a single identifying feature is on display, yet Aquila knows this woman.  By the gods he knows this woman.

Thunderlord's 'Bear'

Spoiler

Image result for Vex Hydra destiny 2

The mechanical creature somehow affects smugness despite lacking a face as it aims squarely at Freya and Danielle's backs, alien weapons humming as they build up a lethal charge.

Freya

"Captain Who-now?" Freya asked aloud, turning to where the Necromaster was looking... Only to see nothing. Strange, was he supposed to be a invisible or something, or was this just a trick to get the to... Distract them. Gods, she was an idiot sometimes. So, just as Danielle yelled something about a demon bear, Freya had already began turning around in order to make sure the Necromaster wasn't trying any funny-

"Did you really think you could escape me, necromancer scum?"

Freya's world froze.

Spoiler

Fire surrounding her from all sides. Helpless and trapped, tied to a pole with chains so she had no method of escape. What was supposed to be a calm walk into a backwater village for food and supplies turned into one of her most painful deaths, not to mention her first. A crowd had formed around her, because the Purifiers wanted to make her death public. A message that all 'heretics' could not escape their 'judgement'. It was because of this that her cries for help went unanswered, even as she burned alive. There was no knight in shining armor to save her, no special tricks prepared to get her out of this mess. Just herself burning alive, and an impassive expression from the woman who put her there.

"No..." Was all Freya could mutter in response to the sight of the woman who had been hunting her for as long as she could remember. The one who was directly responsible for the path she had to take for her life. The one who lead the same people who she had finally gotten away from, or so she thought. But here they were now, standing before her and ready to cast their justice, "No, no no no, why are you here? Why are YOU here?! I'm not even a part of your life anymore, why do you still have to be in mine?!" she began shouting, now taking a step back, clutching her staff close to her body as her entire body trembled in a mixture of terror and, unsurprisingly, hate.

"HYDRA! GET DOWN!" Thunderlord shouted at the top of her lungs as she immediately opens up, sending a wave of roaring machine gun fire towards the thing's single glowing "eye,"  the only weak point on the Hydra chassis. She had no idea how such a thing got here, only that its presence represented not only a danger to those in the vicinity, but to the entire planet. Once it was destroyed - potentially at great cost, due to its volatile and heavily armored nature - she would need to sweep every nook and cranny of this entire city, searching for ominous mechanical cults. . . She almost felt panic beginning to set in as she peppered the thing with fire. 

"As if!  The only thing you're about to bite is 'it'," Scout Skipper claims, panicking on the inside.

They're supposed to be out, why is he here?!

Scout Skipper stands up, their Chair Running giving them a burst of speed as they try to maneuver around Dr. Acula and smack them in the head with the butt of their gun.