Spoiler Discussion

Jan

1 hour ago, Mimikyu said:

Now thats an odd place but at the same time makes sense image pulling wise and coding wise

Ah yes with Fica the Ficus sprite pff

Probably because those images replace characters, instead of being another kind of animation, like Crescent's attacks.

Spoiler

What are the "good" choices you have to do to get to Paragon/ the "bad" ones to get to Renegade? I'm on chapter 9 and want to do Paragon first and Renegade later... I know saving Amber makes you earn Karma, but I'im not sure on which side go with the Florin/Flora stuff. 

On 11/27/2023 at 10:58 PM, Tenshi said:
  Hide contents

What are the "good" choices you have to do to get to Paragon/ the "bad" ones to get to Renegade? I'm on chapter 9 and want to do Paragon first and Renegade later... I know saving Amber makes you earn Karma, but I'im not sure on which side go with the Florin/Flora stuff. 

Spoilers for Paragon ahead: 

Spoiler

Save Amber, doing more sidequests as possible, taking Growlithe and Espurr, stay with Erin and Florin, let Florin continue the video, don't abuse his powers and instead battle the grunts, save the two Rift Mons, having high Karma and be good to everyone, choose to Do Nothing in the ruined future, etc.

Spoilers Renegade (maybe not correct):

Spoiler

Be a jerk to everyone, don't save Amber, loose or escape some wild battles, kill Karina and Karen, go with Flora and abuse Florin's powers I think, don't save the rift mons, ... many jerk things and at some point you should see a possible "choice" to start the Renegade Route.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:46 PM, SoulN7 said:

Hide contents

Save Amber, doing more sidequests as possible, taking Growlithe and Espurr, stay with Erin and Florin, let Florin continue the video, don't abuse his powers and instead battle the grunts, save the two Rift Mons, having high Karma and be good to everyone, choose to Do Nothing in the ruined future, etc.

Spoilers Renegade:

Hide contents

Be a jerk to everyone, don't save Amber, loose or escape some wild battles, kill Karina and Karen, go with Flora and abuse Florin's powers I think, don't save the rift mons, ... many jerk things and at some point you should see a possible "choice" to start the Renegade Route.

Spoiler

Afaik there isn't an option to abuse Florin's powers if you go with Flora, seeing as when I did I had to fight all the grunts (he only evaporated grunts in the final bladestar rooms)

11 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:
  Hide contents

Afaik there isn't an option to abuse Florin's powers if you go with Flora, seeing as when I did I had to fight all the grunts (he only evaporated grunts in the final bladestar rooms)

Oh, I didn't know, V13.5 is still a new thing to me.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:46 PM, SoulN7 said:

Hide contents

Spoilers Renegade:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Spoiler

You don't want to kill Karina. Because it locks you out of some content in the Renegade route. In fact as long as you use the terajuma password before starting I'm decently sure you can get locked in Renegade without doing anything aside from picking up the pink boxes in the dream school, although that one needs confirmation.

Edit: Editing on the phone is a bitch and a half

Edited by BlackPrismHunte

44 minutes ago, BlackPrismHunte said:

Reveal hidden contents

You don't want to kill Karina. Because it locks you out of some content in the Renegade route. In fact as long as you use the terajuma password before starting I'm decently sure you can get locked in Renegade without doing anything aside from picking up the pink boxes in the dream school, although that one needs confirmation.

Edit: Editing on the phone is a bitch and a half

Spoiler

I have poor knowledge of Renegade Route, unfortunatelly. I wanted to put choices with calculate negative Karma, still I'm pretty sure about what you talked about for Karina, so yeah, I should have considered that content before suggesting what to do on Renegade.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, Tenshi said:
  Hide contents

For Paragon there are no choices required. If you dont have renegade then you get Paragon.

For Renegade... (Minor SPOILERS)

Spoiler

You need 100 bad ending points which you get in three ways.

1. Low Karma. You get Karma from sidequests, that being said I would still suggest doing some sidequests that offer good rewards in Renegade, you can very easily get the 100 points from other sources, so yeah do sidequests anyway, or dont I guess

2. Have Ren, Melia, Venam, Aelita, Erin, Amber and Tesla hate you. Each gives 5 points while Tesla gives 20 because idk

MAJOR SPOILERS

Spoiler

3. Make bad story choices specifically...
-Dont Trust Jenner in Aquamarine Cave (10)

-Dont Save Amber in Valor Mt (10)

-Dont have the weird diary/dont use it to save Garbodor (10)
-Go With Florin and Erin in the caves and make Florin use his power too much (20) (I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING THIS. Trust me its way cooler this way!)

-During Distant Time Hand It Over (10)

-During Distant Time Try to Escape (10)

-During the final hidden library sidequest let Karrina kill karen (10)

-During the final hidden library sidequest kill Karrina (20) (Doing this will skip a section of renegade and make you lose out on a legendary so I would recommend letting her live...)
-Dont have the weird diary/dont use it to save rift Hippowdon (10)

On 11/30/2023 at 3:11 AM, ClaraTheCriminal said:
  Hide contents

Yes that is correct to my knowledge as well. So going with her is actually the "safe" option.

6 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

For Paragon there are no choices required. If you dont have renegade then you get Paragon.

For Renegade... (Minor SPOILERS)

Hide contents

You need 100 bad ending points which you get in three ways.

1. Low Karma. You get Karma from sidequests, that being said I would still suggest doing some sidequests that offer good rewards in Renegade, you can very easily get the 100 points from other sources, so yeah do sidequests anyway, or dont I guess

2. Have Ren, Melia, Venam, Aelita, Erin, Amber and Tesla hate you. Each gives 5 points while Tesla gives 20 because idk

MAJOR SPOILERS

Hide contents

3. Make bad story choices specifically...
-Dont Trust Jenner in Aquamarine Cave (10)

-Dont Save Amber in Valor Mt (10)

-Dont have the weird diary/dont use it to save Garbodor (10)
-Go With Florin and Erin in the caves and make Florin use his power too much (20) (I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING THIS. Trust me its way cooler this way!)

-During Distant Time Hand It Over (10)

-During Distant Time Try to Escape (10)

-During the final hidden library sidequest let Karrina kill karen (10)

-During the final hidden library sidequest kill Karrina (20) (Doing this will skip a section of renegade and make you lose out on a legendary so I would recommend letting her live...)
-Dont have the weird diary/dont use it to save rift Hippowdon (10)

Yes that is correct to my knowledge as well. So going with her is actually the "safe" option.

wait, so it's possible to get renegade without making everyine hate you and not doing side quests?

The World Shatterer? It's being mentioned in the Melia's backwards dialogues back in Tower of Theolia after ruining the ritual and by Karma during Renegade Route, there are some videos on the web already on about it. While Melia's dialogues can be found here in one of my previous topics:

It was a theory brought in that topic for the fact Adrest stated she's supposed to be dead, since he thinks she setted up her own destruction and later someone erased him. I don't know honestly what happened to her and we never truly "spoken to her", partially it wouldn't make sense seeing her stop us if herself "called" our MC to be the Interceptor...unless Variya builted an "Variya.exe" for the new world and this became different from her. Or the Interceptor is growing in power much largely than Variya predicted and she wants to slow down things or "doing another recycle", in any case the Interceptor is too much strong and don't help much with the search of the best world. The "new content" was too much short for these theories, to be honest.

On 12/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, ClaraTheCriminal said:

wait, so it's possible to get renegade without making everyine hate you and not doing side quests?

You just need 100 points, so yes you can get by and still do sidequests and such. You can get exactly 100 by only making wrong choices

So yes, only bad choices are required but you would need to do ALL of them to get the required points. Making characters hate you helps cushion that in case you accidentally miss a choice/the option is bugged/

Spoiler

you want to keep Karrina alive. 

On 12/6/2023 at 12:21 AM, pizzagod13 said:

You just need 100 points, so yes you can get by and still do sidequests and such. You can get exactly 100 by only making wrong choices

So yes, only bad choices are required but you would need to do ALL of them to get the required points. Making characters hate you helps cushion that in case you accidentally miss a choice/the option is bugged/

Hide contents

you want to keep Karrina alive. 

I mean, the only downside of Renegade for me was that I'd have to make the characters dislike me. Although I do hear that te Renegade MC goes off the deeeeeep end in Karma Files...

Boi, if I remember correctly, Jan stated that RR is a doom path, so maybe it will have no postgame or whatever and will have a conclusive ending with some credits and stuff and we also figured out that route works as complementary of Paragon Route, so I think my main runs will only be on Paragon. How unfortunate I love to play as heroic characters on full time. My feelings could not stand after some lifes I had to mercilessly ruin in other games. Rejuv in this moment reminded me of a fusion between Undertale, Pokémon and Mass Effect, I hardly do some evil routes or something, so I would understand why someone have hard time to do the same.

3 hours ago, SoulN7 said:

Boi, if I remember correctly, Jan stated that RR is a doom path, so maybe it will have no postgame or whatever and will have a conclusive ending with some credits and stuff and we also figured out that route works as complementary of Paragon Route, so I think my main runs will only be on Paragon. How unfortunate I love to play as heroic characters on full time. My feelings could not stand after some lifes I had to mercilessly ruin in other games. Rejuv in this moment reminded me of a fusion between Undertale, Pokémon and Mass Effect, I hardly do some evil routes or something, so I would understand why someone have hard time to do the same.

I agree with the sentiment there, 1000%. Btw, was the boi referring to me? cause i'd rather not be called that. 

11 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I agree with the sentiment there, 1000%. Btw, was the boi referring to me? cause i'd rather not be called that. 

No no, it was something like "Oh god" or some kind of exclamation, not meant to refer to people, I'm really sorry if that disturbed you. 

2 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

Oh nonono its fine! I assumed it was like that anyway!

Good good, I didn't want to disturb or let people feeling annoyed by my lack of acknowlege in this language and possible alternative exclamations.

On 12/7/2023 at 1:37 AM, SoulN7 said:

Yeah Jan said so long ago in the dev logs that Renegade won't have a postgame at all due to it basically being the world ender route.

Can agree on always being on Paragon, being a good guy is just too easy. Sometimes that's what other people's bad routes are for. To do the work for you and for Flowey to echo in the back of your head saying that we're all sickos for watching someone else do it rather than doing it ourselves.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:11 AM, Cyphre said:

There is also the possibility the host could change, here is another crazy theory for you. It's not really founded on anything but i kinda feel like it got a right to live. 

We know for a fact from 13.5 that when you join team Xen you receive a green stone and xen outfit that bind you to team Xen for life pretty much.

Now hear me out, what if this green stone is a Zygarde cell? And entire team Xen is pretty much a singular organism with Madame X at it's core. And current Zygarde host can be Nora-Madame X. What if Team Xen IS Zygarde. 

While i was reading some of the comments here i saw this and im gonna share my theory for the zygarde host

Spoiler

my theory goes like this:
The zygarde host was supposed to be one of the 18 souls that they merge to make the mechanical arceus in the adrest story the old earth story, what if the zygarde host was suppose to be the guy that was killed before the merge and then adrest join on his place. I believe variya had already placed roles to everyone before the merge on the system but bc the system didnt find the soul that was killed the zygarde.exe cant start bc is missing, plus when you do the regirock sidequest and vivian story in the book where you destroy the terminal it says the operator is zygarde but cant hold its form and that each envoy has a zygarde cell on their bodies. Nymiera was the one that control that facility so she knew that zygarde host doesnt start so she create this facility to create the envoys so their goal is to protect the world for destructions to me this looks like a balancer in a way that they can inform about destruction or hide destructions for balance purposes

Personally i LOVE evil routes and Renegade was the most fun I have ever had with this game. The over the top edgyness was awesome and hurting/killing the beloved characters didn't really hurt me much because they are just that, characters... nothing for me to feel bad about

On 12/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, pizzagod13 said:

Personally i LOVE evil routes and Renegade was the most fun I have ever had with this game. The over the top edgyness was awesome and hurting/killing the beloved characters didn't really hurt me much because they are just that, characters... nothing for me to feel bad about

I saw the end result, I couldn't do that to 

Spoiler

Talon and Amber

No matter what.

Also finished the Paragon route tonight (I know, late to the party), and curious how 14 will go

Spoiler

with Madame X knowing their plans, and the hostages.

Oh this'll be fun indeed