Favorite Pokemon.

Amethyst

Can't really say much on it... anytime someone asks I'm never too sure, so I just use what comes to mind first: Sableye. Sadly, I found it difficult years ago to use it past the fighting gym even when I tried to keep it. Might be different now if I replayed but anyway... I like that it has no official weakness (but of course it has weak stats to compensate for that...) and the design of it. Just, so much love.

sableye.jpg

I
find it very cute and creepy at the same time. And when I put one into Battle Revolution and saw this wide toothy grin it was capable of doing, I loved it even more. I think I even managed to see the anime episode it was in. Oh, and also, it's kind of like a treasure hunter... even though it would rather eat what it manages to find. A friend made a D&D campaign with a couple people and we got to play as pokemon (unfortunately it was short-lived) and I picked Sableye. Was pretty fun.
Anyway... Even if I don't end up using it in battle much, I still like Sableye quite a bit.

Uhm... as far as legendary... the first one that comes to mind is Suicune.

Suicune.png
It just looks so elegant and the design overall I guess appeals to me. I think one of the pokedex entries sealed it too. I think it was something about where it goes, the water becomes pure..? I know I always used it after catching it in Pokemon Colosseum, too.

Edited by gravehonor

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta be either the Squirtle line, or the Aron line, although I can't honestly say my choices are stat-based. My Aron and his evolutions just never let me down, and as for Squirtle, what can I say.

I like turtles.

Edited by Corvus
  • Upvote 2

Hmm.. So hard to choose what my favorite is without bringing up another..

I guess I'll make a top 5 list with reasons

1: Umbreon: O.k., this guy stems all the way back to Crystal. (2003) I remember getting an Eevee because I heard of this ultra bulky pokemon Eevee can evolve into without a stone from my cousin- and me and my 5 year old curiosity wanted know what it was. Of course he was like 10 years older than me, and he wouldn't tell me what it was and said "Experiment, and find out for yourself." So I took his word and did tried out many methods. However, when I was ready to give soon, I decided to train him up again and then he evolved into Umbreon. To this day I still follow that word of advice he told me.

Now onto my dedication to him in battle. This thing has pretty much helped me win battle in every game he's been in. Not because of actually fighting, but stalling. while I heal my pokemon, Umbreon takes hits like a champ, toxistalling all who stood in my way, and generally was my MVP of the game.

2. Haxorus: I mainly liked him due to his design. And when I used him, it put in some work for me. DDance Haxorus is almost a staple on my OU teams.

3. Lucario: At first, I liked him for the movie. Then I liked his typing. Then I liked his versatility. Basically, I like Lucario because he has traits I like in a pokemon. He is memorable, strong, and is dedicated his role in fighting excellently yet has diversity on how he does it due to his mixed stats.

4. Starmie: Nothing to do with Misty (alright maybe a little), but I always loved this things design. Not only that, but also holds sentimental value for being one of two pokemon who helped me win the Mt. Battle challenge in XD. (The other being Umbreon)

5. Sceptile: While not my first game in the series (that goes to Crystal) Emerald is one of my most treasured childhood games ever. And Sceptile was my starter. This guy has never ceased to amaze me, even when he was demoted to RU.

I have 3

Empoleon being overall my favorite since I started playing Diamond.

Mismagius again from playing Diamond.

and finally Golbat for some odd reason, I just can't explain why I like it so much.

Definitely Ninetales. I've always had an affinity for anything pyro or fox related. When I first saw vulpix, something clicked and I knew I would love it. In competitive play, I tend to build a lot of sun teams just to have Ninetales in it.

A close second would be Blastoise. It's a chill dude kinda like me, plus turtles are just cool in general.

• 2 weeks later...

its hard to decide my fav pokemon of all time cuz i got a big list of favorites but im going to say marowak105.png what can i say,his design is awesome and he got one of the saddest and cutest pre evolution pokemon ever,still he may not have good stats,but when he uses thick club that doubles his attacks and trick room is activated,them he will destroy most teams without a problem, and he is a preety underrated pokemon

• Upvote 1

Ok my Top 3 would be:

1) Gyarados because he's simply cool, i hope he will get a dragon typing in gen 6 (blue sprite ftw)

2) Gengar because that smile of his is the best XD

3) Groudon because i like the design

Farfetch'd because leekspin...

Nah, but Farfetch'd has been one of my favorites for the longest because of his first episode in the anime. Doesn't get much spotlight though, which I don't mind.

Infernape is my newer favorite because of his design and was always a fan of the story Journey to the West and all its incarnations...I like the monkey pokemon in general too.

Lastly, Flygon has been growing on me more and more. The more I see it, the cuter and cooler it looks to me :)

Its really hard choosing a favorite because mine often changes

I like Kindra a lot because of its typing, I just always thought it looked really cool, and because Clair always kicked my butt with hers. I barely ever get to use one though because you used to need friends who play pokemon and I didn't have any of those things.

I also liked milotic a lot because of its good stats and how quickly it levels up and because Wallace kicked my butt with his.

Dusknoir used to be my favourite. But now, Bisharp is my irreplacably badass favourite unless gen 6 brings out something better.

Bisharp is underrated. It is in my opinion the best Sucker Punch user in the game, rivaled by possibly Honchkrow. It could take Intimidates and benefit from a lucky Shadow Ball Sp.def drop. With Skamory and Forretress removed Bisharp could slaughter OU teams if it wanted. I always use it in every OU team and rarely lose with it with proper suppoort :) All in all Bisharp to me is badass in appearance and practise.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896
  • Upvote 3

I am not sure who is my favorite non-legendary between Drapion and Hydreigon. Part of it is their typings (They each have 2 of my 3 favorite types.), their designs (Drapion is a badass scorpion that has only one weakness. And Hydreigon reminds me of King Ghidorah from the Godzilla movies.), and finally they both have great virsatility. I love using them whenever I get a chance.

Now as far as legendaries I have a clear favorite, and that is Mewtwo. I've loved it's design, and backstory in the first movie ever since I first saw it in theaters as a 6 year old little boy. Having the ability to not only learn nearly all, if not all, TMs in the games. Then to make things even better he has the stats to make all of those attacks extremely effective. Bottom-line for me, Mewtwo has always been a pokemon I loved since I was small, and I will continue to love it through any and all generations of pokemon.

Wait..favorite? Just one?....but I love like half the pokedex...

If I had to pick ONE it would have to be Absol, it is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful pokemon, and I still remember the 1st time i saw one, I fell in love with the things looks, and then it proceeded to wipe out my entire team while I tried to catch it, eventually forcing me to kill it. I spent the rest of that day trying to catch one, and then finally did.

I still have it, transferred from my emerald to my diamond to my black. When I learned about EVs and IVs, I reset her's with berries, used an IV calc, and then

re-did her EVs for attack and speed. When I found out it had a 31 attack IV, and that it's Naughty nature boosted its attack even more, I was happy as hell.

That Absol has beaten the elite four and champ in every game I own, Hoenn and Kanto while I was on the GBA; Sinnoh, Johto, and Unova on the DS, and I plan to have it take over the new region if I can trade it into that game as well.

I love a lot of pokemon, but none as much as my Absol "Maladi". If I have to pick only one type of poke, then my history with her makes Absol come out on top.

• Upvote 1