Favorite Pokemon.

Amethyst

I don't usually pick favorites but screw it.
Favorite Legendary: Tie between Zapdos and Registeel
Reasons: Zapdos was the very first Legendary I ever battled with. It was something that was near and dear to my heart. He is also a bad ass looking bird with a Electric/Flying typing. Another thing is that he stands alone as the only bird in the trio to stay in UU for Black/White2. Same can be said about Registeel except that I love a lot of attributes about him. I was always a fan of Golems so Registeel fitted perfectly. He also is a bulky tank. Literally, few things can OHKO this thing that aren't legendaries. He is essentially, the blank face of a wall. Take that, Deoxys-D.

Favorite Non-Legendary: Slowpoke

There was always something about this pokemon that I always loved. He is a derpy Psychic pokemon that is very slow. Some might prefer Psyduck or Misty's Psyduck in this case but when I first played FireRed I always was obsessed with that thing. Many years later, I played Flora Sky and I finally had the pride to train my own Slowpoke. He maybe slow but he has a lot of good moves like Insomnia, Psychic, and a kickass dream world ability. Regenerator. Yes, it's slow. It's unattractive. It makes Pink look like a new low in fashion. But trust me, this thing has much more than what it appears to look like.

Edited by Cowtao

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Favorite legendary: Tie between Kyogre and Latias/Latios

Kyogre because where I live I don't see rain too often so whenever I see rain I get a warm feeling inside, plus water type is my all time favorite type. Also my first drawing of a pokemon when I was a kid was kyogre. Latias and Latios are the first pokemon I can recall being like brother and sister which reminded me of me and my sister, plus whenever we play with our pokemon figures she'd be latias and me latios.

Favorite non-legendary: A lot, but I'll list the top three (at the moment)

1. Mudkip- Even before the Mudkip trend Mudkip may or may not be my first ever starter but regardless is my favorite starter and my symbol (I wear a Mudkip hat to school when it's cold plus I collect Mudkip things like plushies, figures, cards).

2. Skitty/Delcatty- Skitty is super kawaii desu while Delcatty, whenever I use it, always comes through in tough battles

3. Salamence- Looks beast and is one too plus my overall favorite dragon

Incase you couldn't tell Hoenn is my 1st ever/favorite region.

Favorite Legendary: Cresselia. Why? Because it is a very graceful Pokemon. It also is willing to sacrifice itself for its companions, which is always impressive.

Favorite Non-Legendary: Lucario. It always felt like an honorable Pokmon, and every time I have used one, it has always given me good results.

Splicing topic onto the old, pinned one for consolidation purposes.

Yeah I hadn't been on the forums for awhile and was trying to look for the one I started and was kinda confused, but I didn't know there was one already started, but thanks for pinning it by Amethyst so everyone could see.

Edited by Aizen805

My favorite Pokemon was Vaporeon for the longest time, and I still really like it. But after gen 3 came out, I thought Milotic was a really cool Pokemon and since then it has been my favorite. I don't get into the Pokemon lore and mythology and whatnot, and I rarely bother with pokedex entries or anything like that. I just think it has a wonderful design, and nice stats and movepool are always a plus.

Swinub gets special mention, though, because it reminds me of a little boar named Botan in one of my favorite anime. I'm kind of a Clannad fanboy, if you couldn't already tell from my avatar.

As for legendary, it's a bit of a tossup between Suicune and Celebi. Water has always been my favorite type, but I think I like Celebi a bit more just because it can be so diverse in competitive battling. Throwing people off-guard with a move they aren't expecting is always fun.

My favorite pokemon would have to be Typhlosion,Raticate, Dodrio, and Sandslash

I always get them no matter what for they have never let me down in battle casual or competitive wise.

my favorites may change depending on the new gen pokemon if they hold up for me, we will see.

My favorite legendary? Has to be Entei. Majestic as fuck. Nuff said.

My favorite regular Pokemon, as some of you know, is Minccino. He's just so mischievous and deadly.

My favorite is Crobat :D

I love the design of crobat, and Crobat and i have a bit of history...

It all started at the My very first game (leaf green) and i had just bested Brock, and was entering MT. Moon for the first time; 1st poke zubat, 2nd zubat, 3rd geodude, 4th zubat, and the fifth; was a shiny zubat! Of course i caught it, and it stuck by my side for the longest time. I leveled it to 100, along with my other Pokemon on my team

and even moved it to newer games like Diamond. (where like all the other Pokemon in the game died) game broke)

And during my first playthrough of PokeMMO the fifth poke (at MT. Moon) was a zubat, and i caught it for good times sake; and I later found that this was a competitive zubat. with adamant nature.

So yeah when i catch zubat's for actual use; i name them Yogurt, in memory of the shiny Crobat i had when i was a kid.

My favorite Legendary Pokemon is definitely Victini. Bitches love the V-Wheel, nuff said...

As for my favorite Non-Legendary Pokemon, that's a bit more difficult to answer. I guess I would probably choose Dragonite because he's one of my favorites and he's just an awesome Pokemon... Of course then again there is Gardevoir, Gallade, Cubone, Marowak, Infernape, Garchomp, Gengar, Snorlax, Aggron, Magnezone- Um... In other words, I have no idea...

Edited by Ackalacka

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favorite Pokemon is Lilligant, always has been, always will. For my favorite type to be Grass, I LOVE using Lilligant in story & competitively on Sun. Its fast, powerful, beautiful, regal, I guess the only problem it has is its shallow move pool.=/ But that doesn't keep me from using it.~ I vastly enjoyed using her in Black2 than in Black1 for the in-game trade, Own Tempo + Petal Dance doesn't mess around in story.XD

Its tough deciding on the Legendaries between Zapdos & Meloetta, but I guess I like Meloetta slightly more than Zapdos, even though they are both really cool. Meloetta can be a beast in competitive play also.~

Favorite pokemon Garchomp and Drapion must have them on my team, always.

Reason: Cool, Very counter smart, easy knocks isn't an option

Example: Cynthia's garchomp and Paul's drapion

Favorite legendary pokemon: Definitely Arceus or Raikou

Arceus is a god pokemon, etc, don't need 2 explain, it made all these pokemon you'll like and can probably make a pokemon of my choice. Raikou its a electric type, if you go read about it, shows that it probably is lightning itself from being brought down from a lightning.

Just saying guys

1.Serperior- This Thing is a BEAST, I've loved it every since i laid eyes on its Badass Pre-Evolution Snivy. Ive used Serperior every time i played pokemon BW or BW2 and never even tried playing with Samurott or Emboar (mainly because im tired of Fire/Fighting and Samarott is just weird in my books).

2.Empoleon- This Starter is about the same level of awesomeness as Serperior, It was also my first Pokemon (Yeah i know i only started playing pokemon in Diamond and Pearl, but i watched all the anime). I loved this thing So much I raised up to level 86 with no rare candies, just rechallenging weak pokemon trainers over and over again(Along with my level 76 Dialga, and level 83 Staraptor).

3.Roserade- I loved this Poison and Grass type Flower, and i started loving it even more in BW2 since it came back, along with Poison Point,Venoshock and Toxic (I dont care if If it has Toxic and Poison Point).

4.Cloyster- 5 Words, Skill Link and Icicle Spear

5.Garchomp- Loved it ever since Cynthia used it (To sweep me most of the time). The one thing i did with it... OUTRAGE EVERYTHING, Your confused Garchomp, I DONT CARE OUTRAGGEEEE.

6.Espeon- This Little Pink dog thing was Majestic,(even if it did take me a long time to actually let Eevee evolve into it in HG and SS)

Well, huh... It's very hard to pick between these 3, especially because they all belong to my absolutely favorite type, but if I had to pick places now (1 being my favorite), I believe it'd be:

1 - Serperior: Doubtlessly, out of all pokémons, Serperior has the design I like the most. After starting to learn the manga drawing techniques (althought I'm still not so good at it - granted I do know how to draw the stuff, but I often run into problems and have to check what i'm doing wrong), I started comprehending the proccess of creation and how it feels a lot better, and when I look at Serperior, I can't help but find it the most awesome thing ever. Even battle-wise, it fits my style perfectly - a balanced Pokémon with both good defensive and offensive abilities, set-up moves as well as great team support and the ability to heal itself. Not to mention it made my game experience of B/W and B2/W2 much more enjoyable (I also played with a Samurott as starter, but it wasn't as half as fun as using this guy).

2- Venusaur: My favorite starter, and most of the times my choice, in FR/LG (I started playing in 3rd gen, althought I already watched the anime before). I'd usually pick it, and do pretty well in the game, especially at the first gyms, that were much easier with it (Brock? Misty? Surge? Pfft...). But Venusaur doesn't makes it here only because of my off-line experience. Having liked Grass for a long time, I've naturally raised interest for Sun Teams since when I started playing on-line (at the 4th gen). When 5th gen arrived and Venusaur got Chlorophyll, I was overjoyed - now I was able to have fun in the competitive environment with a favorite of mines! Seriously, that feels great.

3- Vileplume: I blinked for a second, and when I opened my eyes, this guy was already at my favorite pokémons list. Back in 4th gen, chatting with my friends on-line, an unfamiliar person arrives at our chat. I greet him, and continue to talk about why I like Grass-type so much (I was young and happy back then). Finishing that conversation, I added something around the lines of "and that's why, for me, Grass is the best type". The stranger replied, saying in his opinion Water was the best. I was in a good mood, so I thought, why not settle this in the good old way? I challenged him. He agreed, and we had a friendly monotype battle - six Grass-types versus six Water-types. We both could enjoy the battle a lot, and to be honest, it was by far the funniest battle I ever had. The battle ended, and I barely won (these Rain Dances and Swift Swims and Ice Beams, and Gyarados and Kingdra... just made everything way more entertaining!). We chatted a bit more, content with the battle, until he had to leave. Some days later, he returns and says he has a gift for me, and that we should start a trade. The gift, as you probabily figured out by now, was my Vileplume. Level 100, Modest, EV trained and all that stuff... it was great! I mean, such thing simply doesn't happens every day. I remember I had just defeated SoulSilver by then, and I walked by the path that connects Johto with Kanto with Geheimnis (that's it's name, the german word for "Secret" or "Mystery") behind me. To show my gratitude, I had trained a Gyarados, and waited to meet him again. But truth is, I never more saw him, and eventually traded the Gyarados for another Pokémon I needed. I still have it, as a symbol of one of the few good things that happened to me in the past.

As for my favorite legendary, I don't like it as much as these three, but for the record, it's Shaymin. The day they started giving away the item to get access to the place where Shaymin lives, I was very stressed, but that place calmed me down. And yeah, I also liked using it for wi-fi battles.

I'm gonna put down my favourite 3, which are all from Emerald, the first game I -exclusively- owned (me and my brother had yellow and gold)

1: Swampert. It was my favourite starter, and the only one I've ever been able to complete the game with. I actually can't do it with another starter - I'll get to a point, get mad, and just ragequit - plus, I love its typing. For 8-year-old me, having a water/ground pokemon was the best (and still is).

2: Gardevoir. I would always spend ages at the beginning of Emerald, trying to catch a Ralts (then get pissed off at Wally finding it in one go). It was one of the more accessible Psychic types in the game - I mean, trying to catch an Abra was effort - and it always just looked elegant and serene.

Then of course, it attacked and killed near everyone.

3: Flygon. It's awesome how can you not love it. I mean, look at it.

Flygon.jpg

HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS ISN'T AWESOME

Ahem.

Anyway, what makes it brilliant is its evolution. First, it looks like a giant bug with teeth, and then POOSH WINGS

328-329-330_4363.png

AND THEN IT'S A GODDAMN DRAGON

Gengar, and pretty much the Gastly line. I saw that Pokemon episode in the tower when I was a kid, and I remember laughing so hard at Haunter. :')

I also have an uncanny attachment to fossil Pokemon, particularly Archeops and Cradily.

Edited by Khayoz

lucario because he's hte epic hero i wish iwas plus a lucario in my platinum team won me my first ever hall of famespot ^^ (i was slow at gaining skilll in pokemon lol) in what seems like a miricle move my lucario who was 10 levels under cynthia's lucario survived a close combat and one shotted her own with an aura sphere that pikachu-esc over powering bullshit gave me hope and thanks to that move on lucario's part i came back from what seemed like certain defeat to beat cynthia and finally beat an elite 4 ^^ thank you lucario if it weren't for u to this day i would still suck

• 3 weeks later...

Wingull.

Even though I recently developed a torchic addiction.

(which may be from when I had ruby. Since Torchic ALWAYS WAS. and ALWAYS WILL BE my starter.)

Wingull.

This little seagull wasn't really strong. On the other hand, we even lost to Roxanne with a dual combo Chicken and Seagull. But somehow, I didn't really want to release it. I wanted to keep the little guy with me.

So, I persevered, and we beat Roxanne.

After that was Brawly. which both of my bird pokemons could handle.

And then. Wattson. O, Wattson.

Nightmare would you say? Actually it wasn't. Wingull was somehow able to withstand any electric-type attack that was sent at him. Even against the magneton, I don't even know... I beat Wattson on my first try... and that sealed my links with Wingulls.