Favorite Pokemon.

Amethyst

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, it's easily Swampert. His design and move pool are amazing for my play style, which generally prefers tanks. However, I also have to give two honorable mentions: Kantonian Raichu for being a fast sweeper on my teams and Vileplume for being my original favorite before RSE.

I have favorite Pokemon in different types so it's not like a universal thing. But if I still had to choose, I would go with Mewtwo. Amazing psychic type which can create sea storms equal to a primordial sea and has lots of ability.

A non legendary would be Hydreigon. I think Lin perfectly demonstrates why.

Ahh. The age old question. What is your favourite?

I find it quite difficult to simply say 'x' is my favourite for many things, as often I find it the case that there are many things that I like, and each one with a different aspect I find most appealing in it.

I find this the case extremely so for Pokemon, for out of 802 pokemon (up to gen 7), can you really say "This pokemon is the best and I like everything about it more than all other 801 pokemon?" I certainly can't.

But if we are going to delve into most appreciated pokemon, I suppose one from each gen shall suffice

Gen 1. - Dragonite. Need I say more?

Gen 2. - Shuckle. You don't fuck with the shucks.

Gen 3. - Gardevoir. Such an elegant looking pokemon. I adore it.

Gen 4 - Lucario - I don't know. When I first saw Lucario (I think it was from that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game I picked up at that second hand shop), I always had an affinity for the little furry canine creature. And when I hatched that riolu in Diamond, I simply adored it. Its moveset, its design, the fact that I wrecked people in Smash as Lucario, its just a great mon.

Gen 5 - Can't say I have a whole lot of adoration for the pokemon of gen 5. They just don't feel as vibrant as pokemon from the other gens. Although if I were to choose, I'd go with Excadrill. Finally Gurren Lagann has a suitable mascot.

Gen 6 - Aegislash. The other star of my avatar. Plus I love the fact that it can change forms with its moves. And who doesn't like the good ol' medieval sword and shield?

Gen 7 - Ribombee. LOOK AT ME AND TELL ME THAT IS NOT THE CUTEST LOOKING POKEMON IN EXISTENCE

And of course the the honorable mentions that didn't make the list for one reason or another:

Squirtle          Charizard          Pidgeot          Arcanine          Mewtwo          Quagsire          Ampharos          Swampert          Aggron          Flygon          Milotic          Kecleon          Rayquaza          Empoleon          Kricketune          Luxray          Roserade          Buizel          Gliscor          Gallade          Probopass          Darkrai          Lord Snek (I mean Serperior)          Scrafty          Cofagrigus          Ferrothorn          Elektross          Volcarona          Talonflame          Flabébé          Skidoo          Meowstic          Dedenne          Pumpkaboo          Goodra          Decidueye          Toucannon          Wishiwashi          Charjabug          Rockruff          Salazzle          Cosmog          Buzzwole

Edited by Dragoknight

This is one of the few "what's your favourite" question that I can actually give a solid answer for: Eevee. Straight up, that adorable fox/cat creature is the best, hands down.I mean, just look at it... 

image.png.ca7e51a3642b5dddefef18146cc5b477.png

Besides its cute looks, the idea behind it is also really neat and unique. Being able to evolve into so many forms with different types and stat distribution means it has a home on almost every team. What's not to love? 

However, I really feel like I ought to mention a few other "top" Pokémon: 

Glaceon: My fav Eeveelution, so graceful, elegant, and cool. 

Leafeon/Boweon: Other Eeveelutions that stand out for me, but I love them all, really.

Espurr: Super cute, bit creepy, interesting evolution, kitten-based... Espurr is my number two, baring certain Eeveelutions

Gardevoir: Grace, power, loyalty, Gardevoir's got it all

Piplup's line: Penguins are awesome, Piplup is cute, Empoleon has the power + good typing. This is my favourite starter set, and Piplup is my "one true starter"; the one I'd pick over all other classic starters. 

Vulpix/Alola Vulpix line: The classic Vulpix line represent my favourite fire types, and I find it cool that they can learn some ghostly moves, making for some interesting depth.On the other hand, Alolan Vulpix's line basically combined my two preferred types, made them adorable, and then gave them a sprinkle of  cool  folklore. Plus, foxes. Love 'em both!

Snivy: Smugleaf, yo! 

Primarina: FAIRY SEAL MERMAID  SINGER! 

Probably missing a few, but yeah

I have a list now for my favorites of each type, which makes answering this a lot easier lol. Clefable has dropped a bit admittedly since gen 7 lol.

Spoiler

pH5jtIH.jpg

Other faves are Drapion, rimbombee, buzzswole, eevee, Leafeon,  salazzle, Escavalier, whimsicott, Gigalith, Gliscor, and Megawile.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex