Favorite Pokemon.

Amethyst

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably Gengar or Snorlax. Snorlax just doesn't care about anything,and not caring is cool.

Gengar because I've been able to make people rage-quit matches with me while I use him.

I was battling this one guy and I knew he was gonna go for the High-Jump Kick,so I switch into Gengar and he K.O.s his on Scrafty.

Immediately after this he sends me a PM stating that I was cheating. (Mind you,this was on Pokemon Online.)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, i'm relatively new here and pretty happy that i've found a community that loves pokemon as much as I do. I'm curious to see what all of your favorite pokemon is. We all have favorite legendaries, so also include your favorite non-legendary pokemon and if you can include a short description as to why for everyones insight I think we'd all like to know. I'll start.

Edit: My descriptions aren't very short, sorry. xD

My favorite legendary: Black Kyurem
black_kyurem_gif__by_britishstarr-d509yg
Reason: This thing is possibly the most terrifying looking pokemon to date in my opinion. Look at the magestic frankenstein of badassery it is. Okay opinions aside, Black Kyurem being tied with White Kyurem are debatably the two strongest pokemon in existance in retrospect to Attack and Special Attack. Plus if any of you have played Rom's of pokemon and cheated to hell and back, these two pokemon are the only ones that you can't spawn because they require the Dna Splicers and two pokemon being fused together with polymerization. All in all, the asthetic look and overall effectiveness in the game is what made me choose this pokemon.

My favorite non-legendary: Steelix
ipl_altaria_vs_steelix_by_leashe-d2ula3r
Reason: Let's start from it's pre-evolution, Onyx. This pokemon might appear slow, but it can move up to 50 miles underground. Not only that, but Onyx eat boulders and gravel as it makes it's tunnels allowing it to survive on nothing but the ground it digs in and when it digs underground it's said to cause tremors above ground from several hundred feet underneath the surface. Onyx also has a magnet in it's brain that keeps it from losing it's direction while tunneling. Also as a cute little fact, it makes tunnels for diglets to live in. (Adorable!). The best part about Onyx is that it fucking EVOLVES. Onyx is said to evolve in the wild by living over the age of 100 years, making it one of the few pokemon that can actually be passed down by generations by it's trainers to their children. Another cool thing about Steelix's lore is that it can see in complete darkness while it tunnels and above ground. This apocolyptic pokemon is virtually indestructible, (Aside from a flamethrower from a cyndiquil or earthquake from a trapinch) and is said to burrow as far as the earth's core, making it's body harder than diamonds..

dia·mond
/ˈdī(ə)mənd/

Noun

1. A precious stone consisting of a clear and typically colorless crystalline form of pure carbon, THE HARDEST SUBSTANCE ON EARTH

Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading up on my favorite pokemon. If you don't think i'm too much of a nerd go ahead and tell me yours.

Edited by Aizen805

You're not a nerd man. XD Anyways, I'll go ahead and say mine.

My favorite legendary: Reshiram

Reason: I mean just look at it. Majestic and so bad-ass. Would you want to fight something like this?!? DIDN'T THIN SO. It also has crazy good stats for being the legendary mascot of a game. And, it's so cool looking. Just look at it. That's why Reshiram is my favorite legendary.

Favorite Non-Legendary: Absol

__Absol___by_slifertheskydragon.jpg

Reason: Once again, look at it. A pure bad-ass pokemon and yet, it's cute. People are afraid to even look him in the eyes. He's that bad-ass. That's why he will always be my favorite non-legendary.

Edited by FeatherDuster
  • Upvote 1

I'm not that good at reasons either, but I'll try to explain why :D

Favorite legendary: Rayquaza

tumblr_m3zmx36YcJ1qfwzeuo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3zmx36YcJ1qfwzeuo2_500.gif

Reason: I've always loved dragons, but until 3rd gen there weren't any good dragons (IMO). Then, a wild Rayquaza appeared! and it just became my favorite legendary of all time, plus, it is really powerful... Loved the design too, also it was the first pokemon that I raised to Lvl 100... so... yeah.

Favorite non-legendary: Charizard/Feraligatr/Sceptile

pokemon_champions_by_yoshiky-d31a848.png

Reason: My love for dragon-like pokemon found the best starter trio, although not very used, these 3 dragon/lizard-like pokemon are among my favorite pokemon and if I were to start a game with one of them, I go with any of the 3 (or the 3 of them if possible lol)

And that's it : D

I'm not that good at reasons either, but I'll try to explain why :D

Favorite legendary: Rayquaza

tumblr_m3zmx36YcJ1qfwzeuo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3zmx36YcJ1qfwzeuo2_500.gif

Reason: I've always loved dragons, but until 3rd gen there weren't any good dragons (IMO). Then, a wild Rayquaza appeared! and it just became my favorite legendary of all time, plus, it is really powerful... Loved the design too, also it was the first pokemon that I raised to Lvl 100... so... yeah.

Favorite non-legendary: Charizard/Feraligatr/Sceptile

pokemon_champions_by_yoshiky-d31a848.png

Reason: My love for dragon-like pokemon found the best starter trio, although not very used, these 3 dragon/lizard-like pokemon are among my favorite pokemon and if I were to start a game with one of them, I go with any of the 3 (or the 3 of them if possible lol)

And that's it : D

Pretty interesting. I always chose Tododile and Sceptile as the starters in their respective generations because they reminded me of reptiles and I have like 2 of them. Always liked them. So I agree with you there, it's hard to pick between them. Plus Rayquaza was always a second favorite of mine being that it's technically the guardian of earth. Pretty badass title for a pokemon. Also how it breeches to attack like a shark in the water.

Edited by Aizen805

You're not a nerd man. XD Anyways, I'll go ahead and say mine.

My favorite legendary: Reshiram

Reason: I mean just look at it. Majestic and so bad-ass. Would you want to fight something like this?!? DIDN'T THIN SO. It also has crazy good stats for being the legendary mascot of a game. And, it's so cool looking. Just look at it. That's why Reshiram is my favorite legendary.

Favorite Non-Legendary: Absol

__Absol___by_slifertheskydragon.jpg

Reason: Once again, look at it. A pure bad-ass pokemon and yet, it's cute. People are afraid to even look him in the eyes. He's that bad-ass. That's why he will always be my favorite non-legendary.

I always found Absol interesting to because it's the Disaster pokemon. I kinda feel like it's misunderstood because it's lore says that natural disasters appear when people see an Absol, but can't that be because Absol is trying to WARN people of the impending natural disaster? It gets branded as a terrible pokemon all because of a misconsception, which is also why it has the ability Justified. I like hearing all your guys favorites. Makes me all tingly inside.

• Upvote 2

I always found Absol interesting to because it's the Disaster pokemon. I kinda feel like it's misunderstood because it's lore says that natural disasters appear when people see an Absol, but can't that be because Absol is trying to WARN people of the impending natural disaster? It gets branded as a terrible pokemon all because of a misconsception, which is also why it has the ability Justified. I like hearing all your guys favorites. Makes me all tingly inside.

I'm glad ^_^ It's also really cool to hear everyone's favorite pokemon like you said. I guess it's also based on feelings and personalities a bit too.

• Administrators

I didn't actually intend to click on this topic, but while I'm here...

Legendary, Lugia, non-legendary, Gardevoir

And Aizen is going to enjoy the next episode.

Favorite Legendary: It's a tie between Rayquaza and Celebi. Rayquaza is super cool looking, while Celebi is just adorable~!

happy_celebi_by_glasspanda-d3j9q6b.gif

Favorite non-legend: Hmmm...Tough choice, but I'd have to go with Absol. He just looks soooo pretty and majestic and-and... *fangirl swoons*

Also, a new sword-like pokemon for XY was just revealed, and I personally think it looks pretty nifty...for a Steel/Ghost type.

xypoke1th.jpg

Edited by Skullkin

Favorite Legendary: It's a tie between Rayquaza and Celebi. Rayquaza is super cool looking, while Celebi is just adorable~!

Favorite non-legend: Hmmm...Tough choice, but I'd have to go with Absol. He just looks soooo pretty and majestic and-and... *fangirl swoons*

Also, a new sword-like pokemon for XY was just revealed, and I personally think it looks pretty nifty...for a Steel/Ghost type.

xypoke1th.jpg

As soon as I saw the sword I was like, "They couldn't come up with anything better?" But, thinking about, it's a pretty cool idea.

You're talking about the people who turned an ice cream cone into a pokemon. xD

The sword pokemon reminds me of a certain midway boss in the Arbiter's grounds dungeon in LoZ: Twilight Princess...

250px-Deathswordrender.png

Edited by Skullkin

I didn't actually intend to click on this topic, but while I'm here...

Legendary, Lugia, non-legendary, Gardevoir

And Aizen is going to enjoy the next episode.

Oh Fuck. FUCK! I'm saving my link stone now. Thanks for magically stopping by my thread by the way.

xypoke1th.jpg

About the new pokemon. Steel types are one of my favorites (Obviously) and I was always wondering when they'd make a steel/ghost type. It doesn't look very original, but i'm willing to give it a chance, it's evolution may be more enticing.

Edit: You know.. After further examination there have been pictures of this pokemon carrying it's sheath in it's hand extruding from the fabric off the handle. It's just a theory, but this pokemon might possibly have two forms depending on circumstances brought about. It can be seen without it's sheath as a glowing blue blade, much like a lightsaber. Possibly it can have higher attack and lower defense unsheathed and vice versa? Just a theory.

Edited by Aizen805

you have to use magic to chill in your own forum? That's cold, yo.

Well, I like too many pokemon. Like, all of them. I love them. But, um... if I had to choose...

Legendary: Mew. The original God of Pokemon (at least in my eyes). Cause, I mean, it had DNA from every Pokemon, and could transform based off of memory, and like...

Point is, Mew is the coolest. My second would have to be Sky Shaymin or Darkrai. They're pretty damn awesome too.

Non Legendary: Flygon, Gallade, Zoroark, Darmanitan, and Escavalier.

Flygon looks really cool, and one of my close friends used to love it. He left me, so it's kind of a memento.

Gallade is powerful as hell, man. Also, it's one of the first Pokemon I used in Platinum, and it looks awesome. Blade arms? Helllllll yea.

Zoroark is just overall cool looking, it's got that nifty illusion ability, and it's fun to trick people, and you can neeeeever really know when it's out or not. Ushishishishi

Darmanitan is the most powerful being ever. Period.

Escavalier looks pretty cool, and I remember drawing a picture where I turned it into a human. It looked pretty sick. It's also mad powerful, I managed to get one in my first White 2 playthrough. It was powerful as hell.

I think if I had to choose one though, it'd be Flygon. Flygon is mad cool, yo.

• Administrators

tumblr_meorvfuZt01rbso1jo1_500.gif

Favorite movie, favorite legendary Pokemon, favorite (primary) type (although ghost and dark are close!), and favorite version mascot at that- if only because GSC were my favorite games before HG/SS existed and even then GSC still has that nostalgia thing going for it... I feel old when I think about it.

Probably because I am.

ANYWAY Lugia's pretty much the end-all legendary for me and if I ever make an Ubers team, assuming it fits, you best believe it'll be on there. Runner-ups include Suicune (for personal reasons also it's cool too), Kyogre and I'd say Giratina. Conveniently all of these could pretty much fit on the same team reasonably.

Anyone who knows me can, or already has, guess(ed) what my favorite non-legendary is as they read this sentence. And for those who haven't-
Mismagius_by__kiara_.png
Oh yes. Misdreavus and Sneasel were always my favorite since GSC because Misdreavus was cute and Sneasel was cool and I was still a kid back then don't judge me. They stuck forever though and Gen IV rolls around and both of them get evolutions and are actually relatively useable- not to say I didn't use them before, but it always saddened me that Misdreavus' type was Physical and Shadow Ball was terrible and Sneasel was cursed with Special typing when its Attack was the best thing it had... I remember blowing my Focus Punch TM on Sneasel in LeafGreen every time, just so it'd have something physical...

I ALSO REMEMBER WHEN MISDREAVUS COULD LEARN ICE BEAM FROM THE MOVE TUTOR IN CRYSTAL </3

There's also a rant on version exclusives somewhere on the forums in which Ikaru is deprived of Misdreavus in every generation, but I'll spare this topic the anger and sadness.

• Developers

This is actually a really hard question cause there's so many legends I like...

Honestly though considering it kinda represents my favorite letter.. and is kinda sparkly and majestic..

Xerneas-Legendary-Pokemon-by_moonywings.

As for regular pokemon well.. that's a lot easier <3

porygon2___eviolite_equals____by_milun2-

Pory2dabess