The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

22 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Nobody said that in case of two personalities/characters they need to have something in common. They can be completely different, from every angle. 

Sure, it’s possible. But what I’m saying is that Ace looks more like a foil to Radomus than an alternate personality. Which is why I believe that it doesn’t fit the story (if you add El, Luna and Gossip Gardevoir in the equation, it doesn’t help).

Excluding potentially non-binary protagonist, yes. 

That’s what NPC stands for. 

Also having two non-binary, considering how many other important characters there are, isn't an overload - especially since Adrienn is more feminine, Ace is more masculine. 

At least they appear to be. 

I never said it was an overload. What I said was that if Ace was the alternate personality / actual identity of an already existing character, then either they’d be dissociating really hard with no one the wiser (difficult and unlikely), or they’d be Adrienn (I’d be surprised), or they’d spend a lot of time lying about their gender identity (which is something I don’t think the devs would do). 

1 hour ago, Mindlack said:

I never said it was an overload. What I said was that if Ace was the alternate personality / actual identity of an already existing character, then either they’d be dissociating really hard with no one the wiser (difficult and unlikely), or they’d be Adrienn (I’d be surprised), or they’d spend a lot of time lying about their gender identity (which is something I don’t think the devs would do). 

I do like the idea of Ace being another character's alter ego, but I kinda doubt its true. We hardly know anything about them, so it would be nearly impossible to tell who anyways.

• Supporter
2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

That’s what NPC stands for. 

Don't mind me, just bippity boppity booing up in here for a moment to say that NPC does not stand for nonbinary anything. NPC is an acronym for non-playable character, as in any character that the player cannot control.

I'll also super duper promise that Ace is not secretly an undercover identity for any other character, lol.

The artwork on the Reborn Twitter page of Ace made by a Dev shows what appears to be a Zorua, so although Ace isn't someone's alter-ego they could use Zoroark's illusion to appear to be someone else, after all they are apparently a master of illusions.

Spoiler

Speaking of Ace, I also recall in the early hours of the 'peanut gallery' Dev Blog post there being a screenshot of Ace in the Blacksteam Factory which has since been deleted

• Hmm 3

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

The artwork on the Reborn Twitter page of Ace made by a Dev shows what appears to be a Zorua, so although Ace isn't someone's alter-ego they could use Zoroark's illusion to appear to be someone else, after all they are apparently a master of illusions.

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of Ace, I also recall in the early hours of the 'peanut gallery' Dev Blog post there being a screenshot of Ace in the Blacksteam Factory which has since been deleted

I swear I'm gonna lose my shit if its anything like Rejuvenation's Beheeyem

5 hours ago, AiedailEclipsed said:

Don't mind me, just bippity boppity booing up in here for a moment to say that NPC does not stand for nonbinary anything. NPC is an acronym for non-playable character, as in any character that the player cannot control.

I know that, sorry if it was unclear. What I wrote in an earlier comment is “as of E18 there’s one plot-important non-binary NPC and that’s Adrienn”. Oscarus replied with “excluding potentially non-binary protagonist”. That’s the sentence I was reacting to: I had written NPC precisely not to count the player character. 

I appreciate the promise though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oscarus said:

I know what you're gonna say: "But Ali's a female, and Ace's a dude". Welp, that isn't a problem - from male to female, or the other way around, wouldn't be out of place in Reborn, considering that we have-... you know... i'd say it but i'm forbidden here from using the specific terms, so~... Okay, I know - in Reborn we have characters like Cain and Amaria, so that situation is possible. 

Maybe I'm just dense, but what are you trying to say in this paragraph? 

Are you talking about transgender surgery? (Then, my next question would be why you're forbidden from using the term - I found nothing in the forum rules that would prohibit you from using the term, so are you trying to work around censors...?) 

And if the word you wanted to type is indeed transgender surgery... why would Amaria and Cain be examples of those? 

We know that one of the main characters is transgender, but I thought who that is is still unconfirmed... 

Are you actually trying to say "homosexual"? If so, then the first part with "from male to female" doesn't line up in my opinion since that seems to allude to gender identity, not sexual preference. 

I'll also super duper promise that Ace is not secretly an undercover identity for any other character, lol.

Oh good! 

As much as I love plot points like these, they have to be meticulously crafted to enrich the story (instead of just shock value). So if the Ace reveal wasn't planned right at the beginning of devising the story (or didn't just happen to fit with the story so far), it probably would fall flat. 

Edited by Vulnona
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I swear I'm gonna lose my shit if its anything like Rejuvenation's Beheeyem

I swear - that thing is in everyone's Top 5 Most Hated Things in Rejuvenation. Alongside that traitous bitch Flora. 

2 hours ago, Vulnona said:

Are you talking about transgender surgery? (Then, my next question would be why you're forbidden from using the term - I found nothing in the forum rules that would prohibit you from using the term, so are you trying to work around censors...?) 

And if the word you wanted to type is indeed transgender surgery... why would Amaria and Cain be examples of those? 

We know that one of the main characters is transgender, but I thought who that is is still unconfirmed... 

Are you actually trying to say "homosexual"? If so, then the first part with "from male to female" doesn't line up in my opinion since that seems to allude to gender identity, not sexual preference. 

No. I meant "disguising as the opposite gender" - like... really; being a real agent; masking thier true identity. 

Also I mentioned Amaria and Cain because this could potentially fall into the LGBTQ+ sphere of things. And this forum forbids saying about it... To some degree, yet I'm afraid so I avoided. 

To be honest... I have nothing against them. Nothing at all. It's just the topic being fragile, especially in my country, where it is one of the most controversial topics. 

As of right now, we have even bigger (most of us have), so it went aside. Still, I am worried they're gonna return to the anti-LGBT policy soon. Which I'm very, but really very against. 

2 hours ago, Draconis said:

I look forward to the day we finally give those time travelling jerks their just desserts.

I... don't get the last part, but I understand. 

Yeah, they need to pay - whatever happened to them doesn't justify their actions nor goals. 

Clear and Kieran are... just humans. They are vulnerable. But when could they be? 

Actually, I know when. 

Imagine them being chased by a furious 10ft+ giant, bipedal dragon-like lizard, in the corridors of the base of (other) terroristic organization, where there are deadly traps every five feet.

Oh, and Madame X wouldn't help, as she had problems herself - having to face 3 Champion-class Trainers (talented both in Pokemon and hand-to-hand battles) at once, in a room which is too small to send out Yveltal safely and is full of human skulls and bones. 

If that wasn't enough, the conflict between them was personal, so forget about mercy. 

Of course, all of the bad guys get away, because plot armor and such... But honestly, that would only worsen the case. Still, if made right, even bullshit as such would make sense 

1 hour ago, RocketOSullivan said:

What about a Choice Scarf Sheer Cold Cryogonal against Lin? Just soft reset until the RNG is on your side and let's go! Landing 3 Sheer Cold in a row might be fine.

I don't think it works against ice types or on Pokemon that have a higher level. RIP that strategy on the off chance she uses ALolan Ninetales

That does sound like a very good idea, though we'd have to see what the rest of her team is like as she could have 1 or 2 slow tanky mon's. Also would probably have to slap a Focus Sash on the Trick Room user as some decent moves get a x2 boost like Meteor Mash, Moonblast, Draco Meteor and Spacial Rend(Nature Power), plus the Dark type boost of 1.5x. 

Old mate Radomus coming to save the day again it seems.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

Old mate Radomus coming to save the day again it seems.

I swear to Arceus, this guy has, like, 200 IQ authentically. 

If there was made a tier list, listing Pokemon Reborn characters by thier IQ/intelligence, Radomus would have his own tier above all else. From the very beginning, he saw through Elias' lies. No matter when, he knew where we were at the time. From just few pieces of information, he could recognize Noel and Anna as his children even before meeting after such a long time. 

As expected from chess grandmaster, he's always a few steps before anyone. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Idk i feel like Trick room will just hurt Linn sm, the speed cut plus its extension on new world is just asking people to use it. Its definitely the most viable strategy heading into ep19

For sure. We don’t know quite what Lin’s team looks like, including her lead, but she can’t really prevent Trick Room from going up. Mental Herb counters Taunt, and sash covers anything else, and New World de-necessitates Amplified Rock. And due to the crazy nature of her field, it is pretty safe to assume that her team will be fast offence. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

As expected from chess grandmaster, he's always a few steps before anyone. 

Radomus isn’t a grandmaster, as confirmed by E18 dialogue. I don’t doubt that he enjoys chess, but he used it as a cover to hide his identity from Meteor.

2 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Also would probably have to slap a Focus Sash on the Trick Room user as some decent moves get a x2 boost like Meteor Mash, Moonblast, Draco Meteor and Spacial Rend(Nature Power), plus the Dark type boost of 1.5x. 

There is no single Pokémon that covers all the options. Hell, just Bronzong survives everything besides Dark type moves, in which case you can use a fairy type. And even in the worst case where Lin has a lead that can OHKO literally every available Trick Room user, as you said, Focus Sash is a thing, and Mental Herb in case of taunt. It’s nice that Amplified Rock isn’t necessary due to the field. 

And EVEN IF she somehow covers all of those options, which isn’t possible, well, Mimikyu learns Trick Room…

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

Radomus isn’t a grandmaster, as confirmed by E18 dialogue. I don’t doubt that he enjoys chess, but he used it as a cover to hide his identity from Meteor

Radomus may not be a grandmaster, but I think he has certainly studied chess to a high extent to maintain such an excellent facade of a grandmaster

• Like 1

In other words: He's a grandmaster at faking being a grandmaster. But he's so good at faking it that he may as well be a grandmaster anyway. XD

For real, though. If we actually CAN sweep Lin with just Trick Room, it's gonna feel cathartic AF. And perhaps a bit anti-climactic, but cathartic nonetheless. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Yeshua_Kristos said:

In other words: He's a grandmaster at faking being a grandmaster. But he's so good at faking it that he may as well be a grandmaster anyway. XD

For real, though. If we actually CAN sweep Lin with just Trick Room, it's gonna feel cathartic AF. And perhaps a bit anti-climactic, but cathartic nonetheless. 

Plot twist: the real reason Gen 8 wasn't included is so we can't sweep Lin with Hatterene

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Plot twist: the real reason Gen 8 wasn't included is so we can't sweep Lin with Hatterene

Reuniclus can do the job too. Plus some other slow, very offensive Pokemon like Rampardos