The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

12 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

I would say for the most part that Solaris' theme is a drop in 'hype' and energy from the Admin theme, and takes more of a calmer and more dramatic(probably why it's called "dramatic" ingame), which is fitting as Sirius is more ruthless and blood-thirsty than Solaris; who seems to be more calculated and humble(doesn't really work for the other two admins though).

Even if it is only her exterior behaviour, we haven't seem her true self so you can't base something on an assumption. What if Lin's true personality is what we have seen; being the classic 'cool, calm and collected' cliché and then fucking Bangarang starts playing when we fight her. It would seem unfitting as loud and fast(which is what you implied 'hype' to be) isn't her style.

Lin seems to be knowledgeable about how events will carry out, likely as she can remember from the previous timeline much like Anna(dialogue from the Glass Workstation in one of the routes seems to prove this) and probably Shade. The MC seems to puzzle her, but she seems to have found a way to work around us to get her way(making us get the crystal keys). It all seems to be part of her plan in which she anticipates a final showdown. I would imagine that if her behaviour is only a facade, then it will remain until after we beat her, so I would feel as though her theme would have to reflect this. Her current overworld themes seem to be a slowed version of Solaris' battle theme, 'Majesty' and 'Paranoia'(although paranoia is more suited to the Devon Corp), and I'd say all three sway away from 'hype'.

Lin is definitely calm and collected. I feel like she will always be like that.

I think it is time we turn this into a Cass appreciation thread. Cass, thank you for continuing to deal with the this game's troublesome code and thank you for your awesome dev blog posts. Your hard work does not go unnoticed and is appreciated by all of the community!!!

• Upvote 7

47 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I think it is time we turn this into a Cass appreciation thread. Cass, thank you for continuing to deal with the this game's troublesome code and thank you for your awesome dev blog posts. Your hard work does not go unnoticed and is appreciated by all of the community!!!

Yes yes, Cass is epic and deserves lots of appreciation

3 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

If she's anything like Angie then she'll go berserk when she loses to us

I would love nothing more than to watch her completely lose her shit because of me

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Cass is the goat of Reborn

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Lin seems to be knowledgeable about how events will carry out, likely as she can remember from the previous timeline much like Anna(dialogue from the Glass Workstation in one of the routes seems to prove this) and probably Shade. The MC seems to puzzle her, but she seems to have found a way to work around us to get her way(making us get the crystal keys). It all seems to be part of her plan in which she anticipates a final showdown. I would imagine that if her behaviour is only a facade, then it will remain until after we beat her, so I would feel as though her theme would have to reflect this. Her current overworld themes seem to be a slowed version of Solaris' battle theme, 'Majesty' and 'Paranoia'(although paranoia is more suited to the Devon Corp), and I'd say all three sway away from 'hype'.

She has rather everything under control... as of right now. So she might think every action goes according to the plan. Keeping cold, static, emotionless and collected attitude helps in upholding the image of the truly perfect plan. 

But do you know who also was like that...? Cyrus and Ghetsis. Neither of them have the all aphromentioned skills and characteristics: Cyrus is more cold, emotionless and collected, Ghetsis is more about collected and genius whos plan goes usually perfectly. 

But what happens to them when their plans foil...? Complete breakdown!  Cyrus was shouting and being furious about his lose, while Ghetsis lost his mind... twice. 

Despite Lin not being a human, she does have some human personality values, and it is not impossible for her to do a 180 when the plan she has been working on for so long and so precisely, ultimately falls. 

I'd definitely be furious if I was her. 

50 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

She has rather everything under control... as of right now. So she might think every action goes according to the plan. Keeping cold, static, emotionless and collected attitude helps in upholding the image of the truly perfect plan. 

But do you know who also was like that...? Cyrus and Ghetsis. Neither of them have the all aphromentioned skills and characteristics: Cyrus is more cold, emotionless and collected, Ghetsis is more about collected and genius whos plan goes usually perfectly. 

But what happens to them when their plans foil...? Complete breakdown!  Cyrus was shouting and being furious about his lose, while Ghetsis lost his mind... twice. 

Despite Lin not being a human, she does have some human personality values, and it is not impossible for her to do a 180 when the plan she has been working on for so long and so precisely, ultimately falls. 

I'd definitely be furious if I was her. 

9 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Lin seems to be knowledgeable about how events will carry out, likely as she can remember from the previous timeline much like Anna(dialogue from the Glass Workstation in one of the routes seems to prove this) and probably Shade. The MC seems to puzzle her, but she seems to have found a way to work around us to get her way(making us get the crystal keys). It all seems to be part of her plan in which she anticipates a final showdown. I would imagine that if her behaviour is only a facade, then it will remain until after we beat her, so I would feel as though her theme would have to reflect this.

"I would imagine that if her behaviour is only a facade, then it will remain until after we beat her"

Yes, both Cyrus and Ghetsis have similar qualities to Lin and both had a breakdown after losing, as their defeat was unexpected to them(does Cyrus' breakdown really count, he seemed to accept the result and only showed mild disappointment). In my opinion, both Cyrus and Ghetsis' battle themes seem to represent the qualities that I had set out for Lin, which fit in with their character from what we have seen in the build up to their battles. Afterwards is a different story, so if Lin does have a breakdown after losing(which I'm sure she will unless her 'death' is instantaneous to her defeat), that fiery side probably won't be represented in the theme. I doubt Lin will breakdown beforehand as she seems to to think that we're a cakewalk(which we probably are without plot-armour) and so her plan would be playing out ideally. 

Music is interpreted differently among different people however, so it is tricky to accurately attribute certain sounds to certain feelings/moods, especially when it comes to deciding what is 'dramatic' and 'calm' as they can quite often overlap. I am aware that I have given the idea of themes too much thought and attention as I should, though I am not trying to ridicule anyone's taste or opinion on what Lin's theme should sound like as I am likely wrong(which I have a history of). The last two suggestions you mentioned some posts ago do imo, show Lin's qualities quite nicely(I'd say the Leon theme is a bit too 'victorious' and 'friendly' for the situation) and stray away from the 'epic' and 'hype' aspect, though I doubt they will see the light of day as they aren't by GlitchxCity, nor are they an Ame original unless the Dev's choose to break tradition. I wouldn't be surprised if Lin gets a brand new theme(like with Rejuvenation) that our puny little ears aren't yet worthy of hearing.

• Upvote 2

Plot twist: Ame AND GlitchxCity co-compose Lin's theme and that's the real reason E19 took so long to finish

I think it's possible Lin could break down before she even fights us, if in an unexpected way. After all, she may not see the player as a cakewalk, but she--Ms. Murdered the Champion--DOES see everyone else as one. So what happens when someone else OTHER than the player gives her a hard time? My guess is, it'll probably be Solaris and/or Elias. 

• Hmm 1

16 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

So what happens when someone else OTHER than the player gives her a hard time? My guess is, it'll probably be Solaris and/or Elias. 

They are the only logical living choice, expect the protag. Elias is the defacto leader of the Reborn Elite Four, and Solaris is a Champion-class Trainer, both in power and experience. 

They, while challenging Lin, give her a bit of a trouble, especially Solaris, whos ace has PULSE2 - the thing that make her Hydreigon so incredibly invincible. And in lore PULSE2 is even more broken than in game. 

42 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

I doubt Lin will breakdown beforehand as she seems to to think that we're a cakewalk(which we probably are without plot-armour) and so her plan would be playing out ideally. 

And I still hope that after battle, Lin will be shown to be nice, kind person (just a little misguided or manipulated) and we'll become besties, with Team Meteor not being actually disbanded, but serving as a League Stuff. 

I know this is a lot of hopium, but hey - it would be at least interesting 

1 minute ago, KingInfernal said:

Maybe i'm wrong, but i remember Cyrus staying calm after we defeat him in the distortion world

He shouts and raves at the player and Cynthia, then he calms down and walks off. We never see him again afterward. he ded

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

I think it's possible Lin could break down before she even fights us, if in an unexpected way. After all, she may not see the player as a cakewalk, but she--Ms. Murdered the Champion--DOES see everyone else as one. So what happens when someone else OTHER than the player gives her a hard time? My guess is, it'll probably be Solaris and/or Elias. 

I doubt she would breakdown before fight us. My theory is that, depend from what we've choosen, she will kill Solaris and/or El with the Arc-pulse(ironic) but she still remain calm.

53 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

He shouts and raves at the player and Cynthia, then he calms down and walks off. We never see him again afterward. he ded

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Draconis said:

What's a kenan?

image.png.9c73ecb8332f9932fef3214db50cdbd9.png

I don't know. Maybe a a new character from the postgame(?) or maybe just an inside meme

Edited by KingInfernal

On 3/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, Oscarus said:

You say that like you knew how she truly is. That is only her exterior behavior. Actually, it is unknown how she truly acts.

Lin was an actual character during the first season of the online league. I recall Ame saying somewhere that Lin has a different personality when she loses.

15 minutes ago, Progfan_r said:

Lin was an actual character during the first season of the online league. I recall Ame saying somewhere that Lin has a different personality when she loses.

I've written it here too... somewhere. Maybe I didn't mention POL specifically, because I thought people would get what I mean - most of the characters and events that happen in Reborn are taken from real life; from real people (excluding those who are connected to a bit more recent Team Meteor actions) 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

I think he's the infamous meteor grunt that's been slaying most of the people who have played e19 so far.

Yeah you're right, and we've fought him several times already, like at Fiore mansion and the Tanzan Meteor base.

His team seems to keep switching members between fellow Meteor Diana for some reason so I dunno who will be in his team.

Spoiler

Cass said that he has a Golem though, which he has used in the past.

This is going to be the biggest playthrough I ever did in reborn. It’s going to be so easy with the access of all the Pokémon in my box . I know Lin is going to be hard as fuck due to the field in her hydreigon as well as majority of my moms are grounded . However , this is going to be a breeze .

1 hour ago, Green Bean 501 said:
  Hide contents

Kantonian or Alolan? Doesn't make too much of a difference to me since I'm using Krookodile and Rotom W tho

Spoiler

Kantonian, though keep in mind that he has used a Leavanny and Vileplume in the past which could mean trouble for Rotom and Krookodile.

Is it pretty much a guarantee that all starters will be eventually available in events? I've been thinking about who to choose when e19 comes out and I feel like I need to go with Torchic because it's so useful but if I knew it would be available at a useable point (before the elite four at least) I would be okay with choosing someone else.

49 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

Is it pretty much a guarantee that all starters will be eventually available in events? I've been thinking about who to choose when e19 comes out and I feel like I need to go with Torchic because it's so useful but if I knew it would be available at a useable point (before the elite four at least) I would be okay with choosing someone else.

Yes, you can get Torchic before beating Amaria. Yes, you can get all starters in events before the Elite 4. In fact, a sidequest asks you for all 21 starter eggs (unhatched). Pretty sure the devs wouldn't have put that quest in there if there was even one starter you couldn't obtain at all. :p