The Time Has Come! Our Pokemon Reborn Adventure!

J-Awesome_One

What Do We Do In Our Adventure?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Police Officer Quest (NO MORE VOTING!)

• Find Them All Before Taka/ZEL Double Battle
    • Don't Find Them All Before Taka/ZEL Double Battle
  2. 2. Fern Cage Help(?) (NO MORE VOTING!)

3. 3. Garchomp Battle (NO MORE VOTING!)

4. 4. Yureyu Battle Choice (NO MORE VOTING!)

5. 5. Which Group Do We Protect?! (NO MORE VOTING!)

6. 6. Who Do We Trust? (NO MORE VOTING!)

7. 7. A Diary Out In The Open (NO MORE VOTING!)

• Read It And Admit To It
    • Read It And Lie
    • Don't Read It But Admit To It
    • Don't Read It And Tell The Truth
  8. 8. Taka's Problem (NO MORE VOTING!)

9. 9. Amaria Gym Battle Situation (NO MORE VOTING!)

10. 10. Remembering Bennett (?)

• Right Answer
    • Wrong Answer
    • Admitting We Don't Remember
  11. 11. Blake And The Ring (NO MORE VOTING!)

12. 12. Cal! (NO MORE VOTING!)

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Sooo question. With Shuckle, is it better to have Shell Smash or Power Trick? I feel like Power Trick would be more beneficial because even with Shell Smash, I assume it's Attack, Special Attack and Speed would still be pretty low. Power Trick would at least make its Attack horrendously strong.

Power Trick is not that handy that it seems, according to Shuckle’s laughable stats in Speed. It would certainly be better to keep Shell Smash and Power Split together. I’m sure nobody has thought of this combo before to defeat Solaris’s Garchomp.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 9:58 PM, The Swordsman said:

I wonder if who or what Shade is will ever be explained and why, unlike Lin, his powers don't bother me in the storytelling department even though he is almost as bad as her in that regard. I also wonder what Heather would think of him cursing her dad into being a Gengar or naming his after him to mess with people?

I'm just going to assume that all of this will be explained in the next episode, but it probably won't be a super straightforward answer at that. I have faith though that it will be explained reasonably, I doubt it will be something ridiculous. But I also subconsciously wasn't bothered by Shade's otherworldly powers as much as Lin's.

Do pardon the lateness, please. I'm a bit worn out from 4 days of yardwork in a row...

Alternate Title: Why Rescue Kids (Again) When There's No Drinking Water?

You know, I wasn't actually expecting Chuck to stay in that Timer Ball. Always figured that shuckle would be a bit of a waste of funds on the wasted Ball department, ya know?

Seriously, though, this part of the game always kinda bothered me, because of just how many hoops you have to go through just to have a shot at hoping you're not somehow already too late to get the Orphanage Crewname not final out of the crazies' clutches. Like, we need to do two Gyms, and it's likely that each one has a dungeon attached? If any Meteors are still on the other side of the door at all, it's a specifically to ambush you! Never mind the whole issue with crossing the lake in the first place! But oh well, what'cha gonna do?

Most of the pollution's coming from just one place? Maybe it's because most of the factories have been shut down for a while?

Breaking News: local crotchety old woman accuses local hero of pokenapping! Could this possibly be true, or is it a result of her rising dementia acting up? More at 11!

Holy moly! They weren't kidding when they said that Amaria was high up there- the lapras' level is ridiculous! How can you possibly lose in this dungeon?! Wait, you're splitting the party? Oh, that'd be how, all right...

Well, uh, this mission's a bit of a bust. One battle in, and we're already in prison? Preposterous! On the flipside, it looks like it's about time to finally make use of Reborn's insistence on highlighting the usefulness of pokemon outside of battle for ourselves- and with minimal property damage, to boot!

Oh, and it seems we now have the introduction of the Meteor promotion classes as well! Of course, no amount of Fire Emblem shenaniganry can bust through Ribbon's plot armor, but it's still nice to see.

...It seems that Operation: Clean House and Operation: Jeweler's Box have managed to intercept each other right in one of Team Meteor's bases. Now's certainly a good time to have a high-leveled Gym Leader on our side, no? On the other hand, am I the only one who thinks that the PULSE muk's Ability being something other than Gooey or Liquid Ooze is a bit of a missed opportunity? Protean's a powerful tool, yes, but this thing is literally melting away as the fight wears on. Not exactly much room for constant change with that flavor, methinks. Also, Maqqy comin' with the close shaves to save the day! Er, Amaria's ribs don't share the sentiment, but you can't please everyone.

Current Death Toll: 7.5 (Unchanged from last time)

Spoiler

Kuro Lengile

Alice Winthrop

Lucia Anahera

Ari Allaway

Decibel

Peridot NPC's Fiance

Beryl Library's Officer

Mr. Molinar

Solaris' Faith in ZEL

Major Decision's Made: 2 (Unchanged from last time)

Spoiler

Rescued the Officers

Joined the Magma Gang

• Haha 2

@Autumn Zephyr It's cool. I'm just glad you're doing alright. 😛

@The Swordsman That is a good idea buuuut... I might try to do something else. Only because at this point in the game, Jigglypuff can't get Perish Song legit through breeding (yet) and I feel like I'd be cheating but I just might try it.

1 minute ago, The Swordsman said:

I guess Ame moved some pokemon up if it isn't legal anymore, sorry about that.

Lol. No no. It can get Perish Song by breeding but the Pokemon needed aren't where I'm at in the game. I had someone breed it and then traded me it. So I'm trying not to use it til I'm at the point I'd be able to breed it. I seriously hope that made sense. I suck at explaining stuff. Haha.

25 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

Thats what I meant, so it seems I'm the one that actually sucks at explaining. (the pokemon you need used to be at that part of the game) So what option are you considering to beat the Garchomp?

I have absolutely no clue. I'll probably start thinking about that after I save Cain.

...Probably? They're in the area post-restoration, and while that does add a significant number of pokes to the wild list, wooper and quaggy make sense to have already been in the Azurine Region in the first place. If they are there, then wooper should be a common encounter and appropriately easy to locate as a result.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Yea. I just checked the wiki. It's there. But thanks for the response. Btw, apparently, if you have the super rod, you can fish for the Charmander evolution line in Pyrous Mountain. That's new to me. I mean I can't get 1 cus it's not on the list but... now you know.

How the heck can you fish in lava???

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DarkMaster said:

How the heck can you fish in lava???

Pokemon Magictm, presumably. It may also be a reference to a certain joke ROMHack that used lavafishing as one of its many gags. 

Anyway, it may be a bit before I actually come up with one of my infamous reaction posts. On the plus side, it means I might not wind up double posting!

• Like 1

I can't say I was fond of Kiki's lecture especially since virtues like friendship have a very noticeable effect on Pokemon but it fits the Buddhist(?) theme of the academy and she tells you to question what she was saying regardless. In the end she wants you to think for yourself instead of following her every word. I'm kinda surprised you didn't use jigglypuff for the fairy stab. It looks like you are forming a stable team now and Arceus has blessed Ribbon once again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Swordsman said:

I can't say I was fond of Kiki's lecture especially since virtues like friendship have a very noticeable effect on Pokemon but it fits the Buddhist(?) theme of the academy and she tells you to question what she was saying regardless. In the end she wants you to think for yourself instead of following her every word. I'm kinda surprised you didn't use jigglypuff for the fairy stab. It looks like you are forming a stable team now and Arceus has blessed Ribbon once again.

I could have buuuut 1. Jigglypuff has HORRIBLE defense and 2. Jigglypuff has HORRIBLE speed. So even with the Type advantage, I doubt it would have lived anything. I know I could have evolved it (I do have a Moon Stone) and would have probably used the Wigglytuff but I have 3 mons that evolve using the Moon Stone, Jigglypuff included, but I think I'm gonna use that 1 on the Nidorino once it hits level 43. And I'm pretty sure you can find a Moon Stone in the B. Wasteland. So I'll prob evolve it then. But thank for the compliment. 😄

Ohh yes. Btw, this may not seem like a big thing to a lot of you but I'm just gonna address it since this is the 1st time it happened. So as you all saw on Episode 18 at the end, I caught a Quagsire. Now you all now that I breed my recently caught Pokemon with good IV's and then I show the evolution and all that. Now some of you maybe thinking "Well, now that he's gonna have a Wooper, he's gonna change the layout to where it's a Wooper and then when it evolves, change it back to the Quagsire," and I am here to say that I am not gonna do that. In fact, I already got the EV training done for Quagsire. And the reason I'm doing that is because, I already had the image of Quagsire up on the video when it was caught. It wouldn't make much sense, to me at least, to basically make it go down to a Wooper and then just back up to a Quagsire. So if I ever catch a Pokemon fully evolved or catches its 1st evolution, just know that the pre-evolved Pokemon will not be making any appearance on the layout.

18 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I could have buuuut 1. Jigglypuff has HORRIBLE defense and 2. Jigglypuff has HORRIBLE speed. So even with the Type advantage, I doubt it would have lived anything. I know I could have evolved it (I do have a Moon Stone) and would have probably used the Wigglytuff but I have 3 mons that evolve using the Moon Stone, Jigglypuff included, but I think I'm gonna use that 1 on the Nidorino once it hits level 43. And I'm pretty sure you can find a Moon Stone in the B. Wasteland. So I'll prob evolve it then. But thank for the compliment. 😄

You're welcome. From experience Jigglypuff can a hit but thats it, (thanks to it's high HP stat) however you were right to hold off evolving to Wigglytuff as Hyper Voice can only be learned at the Jigglypuff stage.

• Like 1

I remember Solaris saying that this moment did not redeem Cal, only condemned him but that is one of the stupidest things that he has ever said. True Victoria and some of the others might not forgive him for this like I do but he turned back to the side of good and is trying to be better and in the end thats all that matters.

• Like 1

So I know it's been a couple of days since I did an episode of this but do not fear. I'm returning back to this right now. As in I'm about to record a new video. I just got done with the most recent episode of My Awesome Pokemon Adventure written story run (which btw, if you want to take a look at it, it is in my signature down below 😎 ) so now I am ready to get back into this. Be prepared to get 5 episodes of this in a row before I go back to do another episode of MAPA (The initials of my written story run. Literally just thought of a way to shorten that btw. 😝) But yes. Be very excited for the return! 😄

• Like 1