Anything Anime

Kai

Attack on Titan: a not so long time ago, titans appeared from out of nowhere and began to hunt down and destroy humanity. They have incredible regenerative powers so the only way to kill one completely is to sever the spine at the base of the neck. Humanity has been pushed back to one stronghold, a system of 3 giant walls in a circle, an outer, middle, and inner wall. For the most part giants aren't intelligent at all, but somehow they only attack and kill/eat humans. They don't actually need to eat to survive either and the method of reproduction is unknown. Few females have been spotted among the giants but all the giants lack genitalia. Then there are the random enigmatic ones that seems smarter and better coordinated than the others, and they're even harder to kill. So humanity is left to live within the walls, while brave soldiers slinging around like steampunk batmen with katanas venture out to try to take back land for humans, but have been vastly unsuccessful so far. Things are about to change as the anime begins to pick up and mysteries begin to slowly reveal themselves.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attack on Titan: a not so long time ago, titans appeared from out of nowhere and began to hunt down and destroy humanity. They have incredible regenerative powers so the only way to kill one completely is to sever the spine at the base of the neck. Humanity has been pushed back to one stronghold, a system of 3 giant walls in a circle, an outer, middle, and inner wall. For the most part giants aren't intelligent at all, but somehow they only attack and kill/eat humans. They don't actually need to eat to survive either and the method of reproduction is unknown. Few females have been spotted among the giants but all the giants lack genitalia. Then there are the random enigmatic ones that seems smarter and better coordinated than the others, and they're even harder to kill. So humanity is left to live within the walls, while brave soldiers slinging around like steampunk batmen with katanas venture out to try to take back land for humans, but have been vastly unsuccessful so far. Things are about to change as the anime begins to pick up and mysteries begin to slowly reveal themselves.

yea it ended yesterday though, cliffhanger ending, not anime original. Meaning there will likely be a continuation, but it isn't really possible for at least a year or so.

Kill la Kill(I think that's what it's called) is supposed to come out this fall, aaaaaaand it's made by the people who did Guren Lagann. So I think we're in for a real treat soon. Definitely looking forward to this one myself.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Pokemon? what?

That should be interesting....it seems out of place and as such intriguing. it'd be like Tim Burton making an anime. Totally unrealistic, yet most likely extremely awesome.

so anyway i am going to have some fun and list the main things that annoy me in anime.

Cliff hanger ending of animes that will not get a next season.I can stand this it just make me sad because some animes like that are pretty good and i want to see more.

Plot armor it just kind of makes some animes really predictable and boring to watch. And its just basically a giant Deus Ex Machnia that gets used over and over.

Bad fanservice and ecchi scenes or shows I really don't mind this stuff in animes for the most part because it actually either funny or drawn nicely or in the right place at the right time at least in the ones i have seen. But the ones where it is just done really bad so its not funny or drawn nicely it just feels wrong to watch.

Winny characters. Thats all to it. They are really annoying no matter what gender they are especially if they never grow as a character.

finally the one that annoys me the most is.... OBLIVIOUS MALE LEADS. This is just really annoying because it makes guy seem like we are really dumb and unable to read the feelings of girls. Its manly in Harm animes but still i really don't think that many girls would fall for a guy like that so it makes it seem that if you want a girl to like you be oblivious to her feelings. Really don't know how a guy could not tell that a girl likes them when she is basically throwing her self at him all the time. I don't think any guy is that stupid no matter what culture you are from.

so anyway those are the main thing that annoy me when i watch anime for the most part i just ignore them if the show is fun in the whole but sometimes this things can kill a show for me.

Edited by rustytengo

I just finished watching the Pokemon specials and I loved it sooooooooooo much, especially the background music since it was just like the game, but with instruments. I won't say more to avoid spoilers but the second episode man, I cried a little.

Also Inu x Boku SS describes perfectly how I'd react to some certain other anime characters

%2528Inu+x+Boku+SS+%25281%2529.rmvb%2529

i recently started watching Steins;Gate. a while ago i did some research and found that several sources on the internet claimed it was the best anime ever made, so i figured i should watch it.

It's really good and funny too but can be hard to follow because it's constantly changing.....i'm almost halfway though i like it a lot.

Too-Too-Roo!

Haven't been watching anime for a little while now, but the last one I finished was Another... it's a slow couple first episodes, and I guess it tries to build tension even while nothing happens, pretty much. But when things start, holy crap does it start. I'm actually surprised I finished it... I wasn't expecting such violence... probably my limit there.

As for whatever one I may think about watching next... eh... dunno. Maybe the third season of the God Only Knows one or something since the third season is done I think..?

Finished watching all that there is of Teekyuu (25 episodes as of now) last night. The episodes are literally 2 minutes long with the intro being 30 seconds, so it wasn't hard to finish it all in one go. It's pretty fast but also funny too. If you wanna know it's about a tennis club but surprise they don't actually play tennis, but when they do they're terrible at it.

Example:

Teekyu00021.png

As for this season I got about 17 animes I'm watching with a couple I'm planning on dropping unless something up to episode 3 makes me wanna stay and watch.

Ermgawd Shiki is like one of best anime i have ever seen and i do not understand why it doesn't have much hype around it. Awesome character development, storyline, plot, and everything like i cant find anything bad about it. It's always a relief to find an anime which has a mature theme in it and i have not had a thrill from watching an anime since fate/zero and ttgl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What are you guys watching this season, I'm curious. Here's my list.

-Sakura Trick

-Super Sonico

-Pupipo

-Witch Craft Works

-Recently, My Sister Is Unusual (might drop)

-Noragami

-Mahou Sensou

-Hoozuki no Reitetsu

-Nourin (might drop)

-Mikakunin de Shinkoukei

-Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda

-Pupa (might drop and ready manga instead)

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone seen attack on titans? my roommate has been raving around about how awesome it is any opinions???

also some great anime in my opinion would be monster,trigun,and d.grayman (even though the ending wasn't the ending and I don't think the manga is done either :/)

has anyone seen attack on titans? my roommate has been raving around about how awesome it is any opinions???

also some great anime in my opinion would be monster,trigun,and d.grayman (even though the ending wasn't the ending and I don't think the manga is done either :/)

Yeah, it starts off pretty awesome. And then I read the manga cuz eps were taking too long to come out... and felt that things kinda escalated too fast and something that is kinda special at the beginning becomes common and it loses its... something, its charm, its... hook.

But yeah, I recommend you watch it anyways because I only watched so far and now I have a backlog of episodes to watch and what I had seen was good.

MY TOP ANIME

1.Inuyahsa

2.Yu Yu hakasho

3.Dragonbal/Z/GT

4.Rurouni Kenshin

5.Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden

6.Bleach

7. Magi

8.Elfen lied

9.Trigun

10.GTO

11.Hunter X Hunter