Anything Anime

Kai

Did it get that funny? Huh, I hope so. Probably need it.

Its hilarious but that wasn't why I was in tears. A scene in one of the episode gets unexpectedly serious to the point where I got teary(sadness/joy). I had to tell myself man-up several times.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Hataraku Maou-sama! very enjoyable. It was pretty short which was a bit disappointing, but they packed in a lot of content. It was funny and had a good message behind it.

The last two Naruto Shippuden episodes: Kyuubi flashbacks and Naruto pulls out a rod. -_-

Well at least he pulled more than one rod this episode. So that's 6 episodes in one.

I finally got around to starting Fate/Zero and it has the best visuals I've ever seen in an anime, maybe tied with Guilty Crown imo. I'm only on the fourth episode, but the story looks rather interesting and the upcoming fight scenes feel like they're going to be intense.

WOLF RAIN Y U NO MAKE SENSE???

Seriously, love it to death, but sometimes it gets really hard to follow.

Black Butler......

Ugh I can't -faints-

I think a part of me nearly died inside when I found out when it only had two seasons, yet the manga still ongoing.

WDF!

Bring back my Claude! and some fan service

/shot

Its hilarious but that wasn't why I was in tears. A scene in one of the episode gets unexpectedly serious to the point where I got teary(sadness/joy). I had to tell myself man-up several times.

After finally finishing it, I could take a guess...

Is it when Mahiro and Kuuko are pretending to be engaged and it makes Nyaruko crazy jealous? He said a pretty cold thing to her when she approached him to talk about it, then later it was serious/sad with a conversation when she got into his room? Saying things like 'is it okay to love you?' or something...

That's the only guess I have, it's already a little fuzzy. Whether that's the scene or not, it made me tear up a little bit. The season as a whole was as crazy and random as I expected, I got a pretty awesome screenshot out of it and the OP song is a new favorite of mine. Now to decide on the next one...

After finally finishing it, I could take a guess...

Is it when Mahiro and Kuuko are pretending to be engaged and it makes Nyaruko crazy jealous? He said a pretty cold thing to her when she approached him to talk about it, then later it was serious/sad with a conversation when she got into his room? Saying things like 'is it okay to love you?' or something...

That's the only guess I have, it's already a little fuzzy. Whether that's the scene or not, it made me tear up a little bit. The season as a whole was as crazy and random as I expected, I got a pretty awesome screenshot out of it and the OP song is a new favorite of mine. Now to decide on the next one...

Yes yes yes, that scene was caught me off guard.

Next up I'm trying Druago no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk. I think I tried watching it before since someone recommended it to me, but never finished. Only has 12 so it shouldn't take too long. Looks like a parody of everything like adventure/rpg type things even though it's not in an actual video game... I think.

Next up I'm trying Druago no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk. I think I tried watching it before since someone recommended it to me, but never finished. Only has 12 so it shouldn't take too long. Looks like a parody of everything like adventure/rpg type things even though it's not in an actual video game... I think.

(A little late I know) Druago is decent and it has a second season. S2 wasn't as good imo.

(A little late I know) Druago is decent and it has a second season. S2 wasn't as good imo.

Yeah... and I just noticed I did a typo. Ehe. *Druaga (that's going to haunt me forever now)

The first one wasn't bad, but I guess most of the humor didn't appeal to me too much and the second one it does seem to be not quite as good so far... I'm about halfway through. Maybe it's lighter on attempts at jokes unless they're going over my head.

Though random bit: I recognized Utu as soon as that fighting match started and I felt bad for him that no one recognized him without his helmet on.

Yeah... and I just noticed I did a typo. Ehe. *Druaga (that's going to haunt me forever now)

The first one wasn't bad, but I guess most of the humor didn't appeal to me too much and the second one it does seem to be not quite as good so far... I'm about halfway through. Maybe it's lighter on attempts at jokes unless they're going over my head.

Though random bit: I recognized Utu as soon as that fighting match started and I felt bad for him that no one recognized him without his helmet on.

I didn't recognize him at first, I was like "wait whose this guy."

My favorite character was Ahmey :(

DESU

Nice avater, Rozen Maiden is great. haha I just read your signature.......LMAO

Edited by LGND Red

I didn't recognize him at first, I was like "wait whose this guy."

My favorite character was Ahmey :(

Nice avater, Rozen Maiden is great. haha I just read your signature.......LMAO

I recognized him just because of the voice. I didn't assume at first, but I kept it in the back of my head... so I could be all "yes I recognized it!" later like it's some huge accomplishment.

Yeah, she was actually my favorite too, I think. Took a lot to try and not cry

Other than that, just finished one called Inu X Boku SS... and it was enjoyable. It ended up being hilarious because of some outrageousness... mostly with interactions (almost all the SS people must be insane). Finished that and the OVA in... one day. Heh... kinda sad it ended and I'd watch more of it if it were possible. Manga isn't possible either, so yeah. Oh well.

Next on my list of 12 eps or less... is... Gift: Eternal Rainbow. Yeah, sounds so manly and action packed, doesn't it? *shot*

In seriousness... it is boring me a bit. I'm already at 6 though, so just gotta keep truckin'... almost there.

Edited by gravehonor

I recognized him just because of the voice. I didn't assume at first, but I kept it in the back of my head... so I could be all "yes I recognized it!" later like it's some huge accomplishment.

Yeah, she was actually my favorite too, I think. Took a lot to try and not cry

Other than that, just finished one called Inu X Boku SS... and it was enjoyable. It ended up being hilarious because of some outrageousness... mostly with interactions (almost all the SS people must be insane). Finished that and the OVA in... one day. Heh... kinda sad it ended and I'd watch more of it if it were possible. Manga isn't possible either, so yeah. Oh well.

Next on my list of 12 eps or less... is... Gift: Eternal Rainbow. Yeah, sounds so manly and action packed, doesn't it? *shot*

In seriousness... it is boring me a bit. I'm already at 6 though, so just gotta keep truckin'... almost there.

Yeah once you hit episode 6 you might as well finish it. Have you seen all the new anime for the fall season......what little social life I had died when I saw all of them.

Edited by LGND Red

Yeah once you hit episode 6 you might as well finish it. Have you seen all the new anime for the fall season......what little social life I had died when I saw all of them.

I wish I knew how to check it... someone else usually sends me a website for new animes coming out at certain times like the fall or during summer or something, and it has a small description with a picture... otherwise I don't keep track of how many I may end up watching until they make it to 'the list'. My main source of anime just shows new series to the left and I randomly look and if it sounds okay I'll write it down for later. Been trying older ones first, and by the time I get to the newer ones, they'll be completed, heh.

There was one anime that I wish I DIDN'T finish even when I did get to the halfway point though. It's the only anime I can think of that I actually hate. I kept watching hoping it'd get better but just... no... did not. Ugh.

TL;DR (if that's using it right) : No I probably didn't see the new anime list for fall. I'm guessing a lot of interesting stuff was on it?

Next anime I may try is Another, or catch up on Blood Lad.

Edited by gravehonor

Hm, no, haven't heard of that site. I don't mind writing them down though. And now I started a list of every anime that I have completed with ones I recently just have, remembered or found the name and it helped me remember... it's already full on two sides. I'm not sure how I should be feeling about it honestly... pff...

Thanks for the link. And from that list... I think there was at least 4... or more. Aha...

Because I was bored and felt like commenting on a couple from the list.

Pupa sounds really strange, but also reminds me of that one Wii game that came out recently-ish... I forget it's name though, but the guy ends up climbing a huge tower to try and cure his lover from a curse that has her turning into a monster or something.

Tokyo Ravens sounds like it could be okay... no other opinion right now.

BlazBlue Alter Memory seems possibly interesting... I briefly owned Calamity Trigger and the attempt to put a story into it was pretty cool... though I wasn't really good enough to continue.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic is a maybe... mainly because I saw the first Magi, so why not? Unless I get really bored in a hurry I'll probably try it.

Meganebu!... sounds like it's probably a comedy. The main guy has a passion for his glasses and makes a glasses club? ...'kay.

Little Busters: Refrain I know I'll be trying since I saw the previous season.

Log Horizon I also know I'll be trying because I seem to have a weakness in trying out animes and such with this kind of setting; the ones in some kind of virtual reality video game world.

I Couldn't Become A Hero So I Reluctantly Decided To Get A Job... that title alone. I have to try it. Have to. Reminds me of another one that was pretty funny where a demon overlord ended up in the human world and he works at some knock-off mcdonald's or something.

Kyokai No Kanata sounds like it could get pretty dark... since it starts with this one chick attempting suicide. Or at least that's what's assumed. And it says 'disturbing events' so... yeah. Most likely pretty dark.

Coppelion... I don't know. I'm just reminded of Tokyo Jungle. *shrugs*

...Oh god. How did it turn out to be so much?

i feel like we shouldnt even try to have just 1 topic for all anime, but my most recent topic was locked and i was directed here :( so oh well XD

Yea future diary is an anime that slowly gets your interest more and more, and by around episode 15 your brain is imploding, and by episode 20 you have so many questions you feel like you can't bear to stop watching, and by the middle of episode 23 i kind of decided that it was the best anything ever.

I think while i was watching it, if some people broke into my house and started causing a ruckus and demanding things from me, i'd ignore them and turn up the volume. Or say, if some beautiful naked girl walked into my living room, i'd be like "go away, watching future diary".

it's something that requires all your thought and attention to understand what's going on because it gets really philosophical at times, and can take a lot of concentration to follow because of the way the plot unfolds. You have to think about a lot of characters at once and how they affect each other...and it's all so wonderful.

Edited by chuckles

• Administrators

You didn't actually tell him anything he wanted to know...

On an unrelated note, I've thought about watching obligatory popular series...es including Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, and Fairy Tail (and probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment) and should I ever have the time (so, like, always) idk which I want to start with or anything. Someone decide for me!

You didn't actually tell him anything he wanted to know...

On an unrelated note, I've thought about watching obligatory popular series...es including Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, and Fairy Tail (and probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment) and should I ever have the time (so, like, always) idk which I want to start with or anything. Someone decide for me!

all 3 of those are good, with attack on titan probably being the best, although fairy tail has 175 episodes so far and the other 2 are 25 eps each...however, nothing could come close to Future Diary. i'm not sure anything ever will. it's too fantastic to be properly described by words.

I've watched Mirai Nikki, and that was very well done. I'd say go see that.

As for Attack On Titan, sue me; I haven't seen it yet. I really need to.

SAO is one of those animes that looks really damn awesome... if you switch your brain off. Anything not combat/visual scenery related is pretty bad there (except for the awesome setup in the first few episodes).

Maelstrom's recommendation is probably the best if you wanna see from worst to best (though worst =/= bad).

The only anime I've watched recently is Danganronpa, which is awesome, so I'll just put it here as a side recommendation. Currently, I'm playing through the original visual novel of it now.