Anything Anime

Kai

I dont like filler in bleach and naruto, one of the things that annoys me is that at the end of season 3 I think of naruto the last episode is filler right before the big fight he has... NO I DONT WANT FILLER JUST GET ON WITH THE FIGHT... YES I HAS WATCHED THE SERIES UP TILL THIS POINT BECAUSE I AM AT THE END OF THE SERIES *Shakes fist*

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naruto: 90% talking 10% fighting. But I still watch it just because of the nostalgia. Still can't get over how Tobi is *well, you know who*.

One Piece: I like the manga, but the anime is god-awful. Most of the time the characters have deformed faces, and it's just horrible. The pacing is really bad too; it makes me feel like I'm watching a 10-hour long episode. There's almost no blood as well.

40% Fanservice 45% Talking 15% Fights

Beelzebub: Haven't gone into it yet but it's pretty funny. It doesn't really make that much sense though.

Gin Tama: Just recently started it so I can't really say how I feel about it. It's really funny by what I've seen so far.

IMO

One Piece > Naruto > Gin tama > Beelzebub

I tried to start Bleach and Fairy Tail, but I just don't see how people like those.

I also watched Golden Gash Bell (Zatch Bell in the US) and Bobo bo bobobo (how many frickin' bo's are there) back when I was smaller.

Edited by Thirdbird

Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely a good one.

I'd rate even Naruto over one piece, and I don't like Naruto.

Never got to watch Sgt Frog but the manga was pretty entertaining.

Didn't get to watch much of Witch Hunter Robin but it started off alright, but still came off as overdramatic and trying to be clever by being abstract and over-complicating things. Same goes for Wolf's Rain.

I really enjoyed G Gundam. Good blend of fighting action and drama, it wasn't as overserious as most the gundam series can be. If you're smart like me, you'll watch it and keep in mind that Master Asia is the former king of hearts, and that damn well says something important about his character.

Neon Genesis Evangelion- hard to describe how I feel about it. The series is kinda vague and abstract in a very japanese sort of way and it's easy to get lost as to wtf they are talking about and how the hell are they jumping to these random conclusions. Oh, and you'll learn to hate the main character, Shinji. But it's kinda classic and unique, so I recommend you watch it anyways.

Princess Mononoke and Spirited away are pretty good.

I can see how SAO could get some of its hate. It started off awesome, then just stopped focusing on any action/battles for like forever and it's annoying when the main character is that anti-social and you feel like you'd have done so many things differently if you had been in the same situations- like kicked more ass, been more involved, and not some mopey wanderer who manages to maintain a top rank/level despite spending so much time going back to the first area and traveling back up the levels. But still, once he was finally forced to interact with people, he stopped being an inconsiderate loner and became a much more likeable character.

Talking mainstream style Shonen?

Soul Eater> History's Stongest Deciple> Fairy Tail> Dragonball>Bleach> Everything Else> One Piece> Naruto

Soul Eater> History's Stongest Deciple> Fairy Tail> Dragonball>Bleach> Everything Else> One Piece> Naruto

restrains himself from saying how history's strongest disciple would probably be a lot better (rates it below bleach) if you could actually relate to the main character and then remembers Dominus's nickname, "Twiggy."

You can troll better than that, Wolf. <<

Meanwhile, in the land of anime virgins, I'll probably take up seeing Rozen maiden from the start before the others, only because of how much Ame hypes it.

Any other suggestions for stuff on Netflix? I'm happy to hear them.

well depending on what you like if you like action try out Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo , and Claymore

like fun slice of life shows try lucky star, azamig diao or how ever you spell that never seen it hear its good though and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumya its funny as hell well both it and lucky star anyway at least i think there funny

others that i would say to watch if you have watch anime before try watching Spice and Wolf it actually really good if you give it a chance and if you like sailor moon and magical girl anime try out Magical Girl Lyrical Nonuha it actually surprised me when i watched it especially the second season never seen the third stupid netflix for not having it

I just finished The World God Only Knows (originally, I thought it was stupid, but I watched an episode for no particular reason one day and I loved it), and it's pretty good. It makes me laugh, and Keima's ability to make a girl fall for him is spectacular. And he looks cool.

Also, the OST and animation for that anime is amazing.

Just now, though, literally 2 hours ago ish, I finished Hyouka. It's a pretty good mystery anime. I like Haru-- I mean Hotaru's train of thought. He's some kind of genius. And his way of life, man. I might go gay just to marry that guy. "Energy conservationist" is what he calls it. "If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to, make it quick."

He doesn't do things if he doesn't have to. And Chitanda's eyes. You can see stars in them, I swear.

Watashi kinimarimasu! "I'm curious!" is what she says. And Hotaro can't say no to that.

Then, there's Oregairu, which has a LONG ass name, and I don't feel like typing it out. Japanese names are hard enough to remember in the first place...

Anyway, the main Character, Hikigaya Hachiman, is probably the most interesting anime character I've ever seen. He's also some kind of genius. He can come to logical conclusions that are perverted (not in an ero-sense, but in a twisted sense). He's always seen as a despicable guy. He finds things, and says things no one wants to say. He's some kind of observationist too. He's really cool though. Because of his perverted logic, every conclusion he comes to is interesting. Like everyone in that show says, he always goes about the worst way to do things.

I'm envious of these guys. Anyway, that was a report on three animes I recently finished. Granted, it was super biased, but who cares!

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen any anime that I wouldn't recommend people to watch. Except bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo....bo. That one's pretty bad.

Anyhow, I recommend those three if you were intending to watch them. They're pretty good.

What's everyone's opinions on High School of the Dead and High School DxD?

What's the difference?

I was planning to watch, so if you could enlighten me without spoilers, that would be awesome.

high school of the dead uhh how to describe this without insulting the women on this site physic defying lady parts but fun none the less it really not one you watch if your looking for a serious anime but it is fun especially if your a guy

the other one i have never seen soon cant say much about it though if you like a horror anime try Hell Girl or Paranoia Agent and a not so horror anime try Ghost Hunt it actually quite interesting if you like ghost hunters type of shows

and if you like vampire anime try out Blood + if you have not seen it. its actually a pretty good one it especially if u hate the whole twilight stuff if you like the whole twilight stuff then try Vampire Knight though i really hate that one for personal reasons

Edited by rustytengo

In terms of horror/supernatural anime Ga-Rei Zero was pretty good in my opinion, even though it was just a prequel to the Ga-Rei manga.

On another topic, I seriously hope that one day a reboot of Initial D anime is done when the manga finishes up. Cause honestly I cringed a bit every time I saw a race scene in First Stage through The Third Stage Movie. I know those seasons came out between 98-01, but they didn't have to just bad 3D animation to try to make it look cool.

I'm planning to rewatch Gundam Wing the Subbed version rather than the Dubbed, but depends on whether I get the time or not, with work and all that boring stuff.

Never heard of High School DxD, but High School of the dead is a pretty good, short zombie survival anime. Plenty of action and they don't spend forever over-dramatizing the human situations the characters find themselves in. Definitely recommended.

I read the High School DxD manga, basically it involves Angels & Devils. Along with Fallen Angels that want to just go around and fuck shit up basically and this high school kid who's a pervert gets caught up in it since the girl he was dating is a fallen angel and kills him. Because he has this special gear/ability, you know how shounen manga are. And while he's dying this girl that is a devil and coincedentally goes to te same school as him comes by and saves him by making him a devil/her familiar. And another thing about it, it's really ecchi cause the protagonist is a pervert, so you can guess what'll happen in the anime when since its currently ongoing from what I saw on google.

Edited by Sven

There's actually a High School DxD light novel as well. It's been translated up to its most recent release and it covers a lot more material. Then again, there are people who just don't like light novels in general. It's hilarious though, and fan-service aside, it's really entertaining because of the main character's perversion and straightforwardness. It's a good watch if you're up for something simpler.

I just finished watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...

Oh my god the ending... I nearly cried...

This anime just deteriorates what a "Magical Girl" anime is suppose to be by smacking you in the face multiple times with the "REALITY" stick. Don't get fooled by the cheerful opening and be ready for a world of death.