Anything Anime

Kai

I just finished watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...

Oh my god the ending... I nearly cried...

This anime just deteriorates what a "Magical Girl" anime is suppose to be by smacking you in the face multiple times with the "REALITY" stick. Don't get fooled by the cheerful opening and be ready for a world of death.

your lucky i have been wanting to watch that one but netflix does not have it so there for when you have saved in your list of stuff save means ha ha ha we will never get this so you cant ever watch it because if they did i would be able to finish magical knights rayearth season 2 its really annoying. i am neary jsut gonig to brake done and by it from amazon cuse i live somewhere that only as one store that sells anime and most of thats dragon ball z most of the time

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...

Oh my god the ending... I nearly cried...

This anime just deteriorates what a "Magical Girl" anime is suppose to be by smacking you in the face multiple times with the "REALITY" stick. Don't get fooled by the cheerful opening and be ready for a world of death.

I enjoyed Madoka, and rewatched it recently. I have noticed that many of the break out hits of the last few years have been either deconstructions/parodies or reimagining of typical anime archetypes.

Starting with the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya which took slice of life high school anime and became the funny super world wide phonenominon. Nearly forming the crazed Otaku image the characters were afaird Haruhi would create.

Then we have Tengen Toppa Guren Laggan, which took the Mecha Anime formula and punched it in its face, while believing in the me that believed in you.

Of course Madoka which made magical girl animes culturally relavent again.

And as of late, we have Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) which has nearly rewritten the standard Shonen style. I was really surprised when I found out that Weekly Shonen Jump rejected publishing it because the story and art style were too dark. It's popularity has seemed to take off, seemingly because to those traits and how it seems to maintain its realism while depicting such a harsh, violent, and bleak world. The idea that the vast majority of characters are foot soldier without any special powers fighting a titanic(lawl) threat is really interesting. I would love for new series to learn from Attack's as well as these other series willingness to break convention. However what is more likely is that we will have a multitude of series blantently ripping off Attack, just like others have done to every hugely popular series. Hopefully we won't have tons of steampunk monster hunting series by next year.

Sorry if this post is long. XD

Edited by JayDo

I've watched quite a lot of anime (but as always there is still more to be watched!) SO here are my two cents (though i guess its more like 50 dollars):

I guess I'll start off with the big names, Naruto and Bleach. Naruto was extremely good at first (as long as you ignore the fillers) but as the series went on the seem to be making the episodes have less and less content. Nevertheless I am a fan, just because super powered ninjas are cool, but to be honest I haven't seen a large chunk of the series and just caught up to whats happening in Shippuden by playing the video games. Surprisinly enough, the last episode actually had a few things happen.

I've seen all of Bleach (even the fillers) and as long as you don't watch those fillers, it is a great shounen anime. Sure it doesn't have many plot twists, but its fricken cool! Too bad most of the video games are rubbish...

Gintama is one of my favorite anime (as some of you might have noticed by my profile picture) it does a lot of parodies and is just hilarious. It has some kick ass action as well, but the main thing is the funny situations and the way the unique characters react. Its been on for a far while, but I recommend!

Ao no Exorcist was a well made anime, and is pretty cool and interesting. I've never really heard anyone hate on Sword Art Online that much and I found it pretty interesting (though granted, it's story went a bit downhill in the second half).

HunterXHunter! I've only been watching the remake as its been coming out, but it is soo god damn awesome. I wish I could use Nen. It's awesome. Don't not watch it because the main characters are like 11 or whatever.

An amazing anime is Tengen Toppa: Guren Lagann. it took me forever to watch it because I thought, 'Oh, just another giant robot anime'. I was wrong. It was amazing, with an awesome story.

I've been watching the new Rozen Maiden as its been coming out and that's really interesting. I really want to know whats going to happen next, so I'm tempted to watch the original but I don't have the time :(

I've watched both Full Metal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood and I think they are both great, but personally I like Brotherhood better.

Beelzebub was funny as hell.

The World God Only Knows is one of my favorite series ever and I was happy as hell when season 3 started coming out. It is da bizz.

I'm getting to tired to write more, so now I'll just list other good ones:
-Darker than Black

-Samurai Champloo

-Cowboy Bebop

-Mushishi

-Bakuman (Why didn't i think of this one before I got exhausted!?)

-Blood Lad (It's still coming out, but I've read the manga and it is gooooood)

-Buso Renkin (Classic Shounen = Pure awesome)

-Death Note

-One Piece (but my god there are so many episodes)

-Rurouni Kenshin

-Soul Eater

-Spice and Wolf

- And a lot more, too many to remember

I'm not sure if Judas was made into an anime but I found the second book of Judas and found a hilarious scene.

Judas : Come on, think harder. There's gotta be more then that? Like your dreams, your hopes, or even your d*ck. Heh heh! Maybe you turned into a girl! <3

Mizuki : Oh stop that's just ridiculous.

Eve(Male) : *Checks pants* AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! THEY TOOK MY D*CK!!

Judas : Bah! Is that it?

Mizuki : I wouldn't call that MAJOR change.

So in preparation for the Con I am going to this weekend, I thought I needed to catch up on current anime. So last night I watched the first 15 episodes of Sword Art Online. So light spoilers, they are no longer in the game Sword Art Online. I am interested, but everybody tells me it gets worse from here on in, and people have thrown around the "shojo-like" description when telling me about it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I should finish the series, or just leave it on the relatively good ending of the first arc?

Mirai Nikki is my favorite anime (which i've actually finished). Followed by FLCL, high school of the dead, Angel Beats, Another, and I guess it's a cartoon, by hey, I had around 100 screencaps of Teen Titans tacked to my wall while it was airing.

My favorite anime though it's mid-production is Free! My kind of show B)

I also like Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and Dangan Ronpa is interesting though a little odd (also they killed off all of my favorite characters in the first 3 or 4 episodes...)

I wanna watch Hyouka because the art and animation look TOP TIER. I'm also interested in Guilty Crown.

Attack on Titan has a ton of hype right now so I figure I should probably pick that up. Also wanna watch all of Inuyasha, and Madoka Magica is all over so I should probably look into it

Am I the only one who thinks after the first half of Death Note, it kind of drops to shit? I also found the ending to be seriously aggravating,

because Near didn't win, and Light didn't win, Mikame just fucked everything up

Genuinely wanted the anime to end about half way through.

but it didn't.

and i was sad.

EDIT:

Also super confused, why didn't Light just have Mikame write in his task force's names, and have them die before/while arriving at the meeting. It would have circumvented 90% of both's 'logic', and would have also provided Mikame a chance to see their names, and write them down. It honestly just strikes me as a lack of preparation on Light's part to not even factor in Near stealing Mikame's notebook, and Light has almost never lacked foresight, especially not to the extent that he did when meeting Near.

Edited by Lunaethetic

I'd have to re-watch Death Note to really come up with a good case. It's been at least 3 years since I finished it. However, I didn't really care for Light to begin with. So seeing him being humiliated was a good ending for me.

Anyway, I might have mentioned this before, but... Blood Lad is really good. It's definitely worth checking out in my opinion. Who doesn't love a good Otaku Vampire as a main character, eh?

One last thing of note. Just recently, the Soul Eater manga ended. So to fans of Soul Eater, I have a question. Since the manga ended, do you think this could mean a new Soul Eater anime that follows the manga? Personally, I think it's possible. I'm not entirely sure if it will happen or not, but it's nice to think it will.

I need to catch up with soul eater, and read deathnote, never watch it

Also I agree about the Light thing, he was a doucheclown

Just finished watching Hyouka. Wow, it was good. The art really was good, the story, not so much, but it was enough to keep me watching it.

Ugh, I stopped watching Code Geass after the first season because I couldn't take the feels anymore (and because a friend spoiled most of the ending for me). Is it worth watching still? Need opinions

My friend spoiled the ending for me too, but I watched it anyways and it was still good, so I'll recommend you to watch it too.

I just finished with this rom-com, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru, and it was surprisingly enjoyable. I have to say, the MC had a unique view of life that changed the way I viewed it as well. Also he's completely different compared to all the other cookie-cutter MCs of the romantic-comedy genre out there, so it's nice to see something new after a while.

Edited by Rycast

Yeah time for me to talk about anime

first off is a few really short ones that i watched

the first one is GunSmith Cats my friend told me about this one and let me barrow his copy of it its only has three episodes but there probably the some of best three episodes that i have watch had a complete story in them never had parts that felt out of place or just made it feel slow. the characters where good very good well acted (to me anyway) just a great one to watch

the second one is Murder Princess this one is six episode it also is good in my opinion anyway just Like GunSmith Cats the story was completed and t flowed really well. it Also made me actually care about the characters unlike most longer animes that i have watched.

now just for fun a list of random animes that i liked watching(other then my main ones taht i talked about in other places)

1.Gunsmith Cats

2.Princess Resurrection

3.Murder Princess

4.Corpse Princess

wow thats alot of ones with princess in the title

also finished the first season of Hell Girl but NetFlix does not have the second it makes me angry i want to watch it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man im loving this board! I have compiled a large list of anime that I have either watched or am watching. My top 5 favs are

1) Bleach ( Yea yea im a fan boy)

2) H20: Footprints in the Sand

3) Mirai Nikki

4) Soul Eater

5) Ga Rei Zero

Once I get my scanner up ill post whatever fan art I still have around.

Man im loving this board! I have compiled a large list of anime that I have either watched or am watching. My top 5 favs are

1) Bleach ( Yea yea im a fan boy)

2) H20: Footprints in the Sand

3) Mirai Nikki

4) Soul Eater

5) Ga Rei Zero

Once I get my scanner up ill post whatever fan art I still have around.

Nice top 5, seeing H20 up there you might like ef: Tale of Memories/Melodies if you haven't seen it yet, I found them kind of similar.

I've been rewatching Clannad (for like the 452136 time), it's always around this time of year I get the feel to watch it again for some reason.

Can somebody explain why they like Clannad so much, don't kill me or anything but I didn't like it that much. I don't hate it or anything but I just don't see what's so good about it. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect Clannad for being popular, just wondering.

*hides under table*

Edited by LGND Red

Can somebody explain why they like Clannad so much, don't kill me or anything but I didn't like it that much. I don't hate it or anything but I just don't see what's so good about it. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect Clannad for being popular, just wondering.

*hides under table*

It could be the emotional experience behind it all that makes people love it so. A vague take on trying to figure it out myself. I remember kind of liking it, but maybe I didn't finish it, I don't know.

But I have the same kind of confusion when people talked about Air, so maybe it's kind of similar? I saw it since it was always, "Oh you didn't see it?? GO DO IT NOW TO TEST YOUR TEAR DUCTS" I actually didn't like it very much. So I kind of wonder if it's just 'recommend it' because it's likely to make a lot of people cry..? *shrug*

*hides under table*

Some people just like the feels I guess. Or maybe the tear-inducing story makes them happier about their own life. Maybe they feel it makes them hardcore or understanding the story makes them feel like a genius. or maybe its the multiple cute female characters, Who knows.

I watched and didn't particularly like it. Some parts of it I did like, but other parts were a bit too depressing (especially that weird lifeless world). its based on a video game, so I guess they wanted to capture the game's experience but i guess it can't all be translated and make sense. The second half of Clannad was better than the first, and Clannad After Story was a lot happier, so I liked that better.

Clannad is pretty unique, and I guess I just don't like the weird mix of element in it. This is my personal view, and I have no problem with anyone else's opinions!