Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kill la Kill, Kill la Kill, Kill la Kill, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill

btw, you guys should watch Kill la Kill

I'd say Kill la Kill isn't an anime for everyone as you have to go into it rather mindlessly to stomach some of the notable animation budget cuts and blurriness between parodying and pretentiousness

best lines out of 2013 tho

I agree with bug catcher kill la kill isn a must watch. but Fma brotherhood, just rewatched it, and i can always say, datum that soundtrack. Like the fairy tail themes, love that soundtrack, or crossing fields-Sao just ah, I love animes with pretty soundtracks

If it's good it's good. 'nuff said.

As for me, I've found myself in a bit of a lull. Does anyone have any particular tearjerkers they could recommend? I feel like having a nice bawl.

btw, I have seen angel beats, clannad and angel beats, just to eliminate the obvious picks

I'm probably too late on this, but Air is made by the same company that did Clannad and Kanon, and it's pretty sad if you liked either of those. Mael has also mentioned Kyoukai no Kanata, and depending on how well you relate to the story it can be a real tearjerker.

I don't usually pick things to watch based specifically on the amount of feels in them, but I have watched good shows with other intentions that had a lot of sad parts, like Steins;Gate. Once you get past episode 12 it's pretty sad (though it has a happy ending).

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kazesawa92

Having a profile on this thing has been really handy to give recommendations for other people.

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda really really enjoyed Oban Star Racers. Yeah, its for kids, yeah, it wasnt directed by a Japanese guy and yeah, its predictable as hell... but it is also pretty awesome. I always knew what was gonna happen next but it never lessened my enjoyment. I wish more people would give it a shot, it doesnt dissapoint ;)

As for other stuff, Im currently watching Welcome to the NHK and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, both of which are kewl in their own way. And then I plan on watching Faze Stay Night and Kyoukai no Kanata :3

ps. Guys, go watch Mai-HiME right now, its freaking amaze-poke-ballz

• Support Squad

So, Tokyo ghouls been fun, but I've heard that it stops at 12 eps. That said, I went ahead and read the manga, and I seriously don't know how they're gonna end off the last ep in the series. Furthermore, if they DON'T make a 2nd season, imma be shocked.

So, Tokyo ghouls been fun, but I've heard that it stops at 12 eps. That said, I went ahead and read the manga, and I seriously don't know how they're gonna end off the last ep in the series. Furthermore, if they DON'T make a 2nd season, imma be shocked.

A friend has been trying to get me to read/watch that, how is it?

• Support Squad

It tries to start off really creepy, but turns into a twisted fighter, like an edgy fairy tail in that everyone has their own unique shtick that they have to fight with. The plots good, and the main character turns into a BOSS, but that's in the manga for now.

I kinda really really enjoyed Oban Star Racers. Yeah, its for kids, yeah, it wasnt directed by a Japanese guy and yeah, its predictable as hell... but it is also pretty awesome. I always knew what was gonna happen next but it never lessened my enjoyment. I wish more people would give it a shot, it doesnt dissapoint ;)

As for other stuff, Im currently watching Welcome to the NHK and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, both of which are kewl in their own way. And then I plan on watching Faze Stay Night and Kyoukai no Kanata :3

ps. Guys, go watch Mai-HiME right now, its freaking amaze-poke-ballz

When going for Fate/Stay Night, be sure to watch Fate/Zero too. It's a prequel, so if you see it first it's even better in terms of chronology, but honestly it was so damn good that Stay Night seemed a little meh in comparison.

Also, i watched Mai-HIME already it's pretty fun!

Right now I'm watching Baccano!, and so far it is simply great! Very funny, and yet thrilling. Thanks to Sheep for the suggestion. ^_^

http://youtu.be/9-DVmgRb0v0

Everyone. This is a real dub.

Step away slowly.

As soon as you get far away enough, run. Run like there's no tomorrow and hope this official UK dub doesn't catch you.

WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS!? OH GOD WHY!!? THE HORROR!!!!!!!

This may well be the anime-equivalent of watching Twilight movies. There was a similar amount of cringing on my part, at least.

Edited by chuckles

Guys, just finished Baccano! and simply had to post here. That anime is veeeery good, it jumped straight to my top 10 list for sure. Great characters, great story, different narrative style and... Isaac and Miria. Highly recommended!

• Support Squad

Guys, just finished Baccano! and simply had to post here. That anime is veeeery good, it jumped straight to my top 10 list for sure. Great characters, great story, different narrative style and... Isaac and Miria. Highly recommended!

Noted.

EDIT also, they better continue Tokyo ghoul. If that last ep was the end of the anime, imma be piissed

When going for Fate/Stay Night, be sure to watch Fate/Zero too. It's a prequel, so if you see it first it's even better in terms of chronology, but honestly it was so damn good that Stay Night seemed a little meh in comparison.

Also, i watched Mai-HIME already it's pretty fun!

I watched Fate/Zero a year ago :P I loved it, and it's why I even decided to watch Fate/Stay Night. :)

Woo, someone who watched Mai-HiME! Did you watch Mai Otome as well?

From what I remember:

- FMB > nuff said.

- Eureka Seven > Great, but just don't watch the sequel, it'll give you cancer.

- Ghost in the Shell > Awesome scifi, damn classic, outstanding movies.

- HunterXHunter > The old and 2011 version are both great, classic as hell, and DAMN GON, WHEN YOU GO ANGRY, YOU GO PSYCHO!

- Berserk > Epitome of classic awesomeness and manliness, the manga is much much better.

- Monster > The God of Thrillers. Period.

- Slam Dunk > The best basketball anime/manga, very classic, great comedy, and no bs, I'm looking at you KB.

- One Outs > Now there's a mc I can get behind from the get go, bad ass baseball anime/manga.

- Hajime no Ippo > Fantastic boxing anime/manga, pure classic, perverted comedy anyone?

- Hikaru no Go > Did they just make go interesting?

- Escaflowne > Dragon, robot, prince, goddess, badass mc, what could go wrong, very classic.

- Neon Genesis Evangelion > Love it, hate it, confuse about this classic?

- Beck > The making of a band, damn mystical music, I can't hear you!

- Zetman > Oh nos, I heard the manga is ending soon... oh the manga is better btw.

- One Piece > I know, I know, but it is indeed well written, and is imo the best of the big three and the only one truly deserving of its attention.

- Attack on Titan > Nice action and animation, though it is overrated.

- Initial D > That first season.

- Death Note > nuff said.

- Clannad > nuff said.

- Lelouch of The Rebellion > nuff said.

- Rurouni Kenshi > nuff said.

- Major > The baseball anime whos goal is to hype you up.

- Tokyo Ghoul > The manga is better and it has released its final chapter recently I believe, and oh, if yo read the manga, THAT ENDING.

Edited by MotherGlitcher

Ok guys, so Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Ressonance) has just ended and... Wow. It was short, but a work of art! Anyone else has watched it? If so what do you think about the series? And for those who didn't, I strongly recommend you give it a try!

(Oh, spoiler buttons please. This one needs the suspense a lot XD)