Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruh....

If I were to switch my avatar, I honestly can't decide b/w Saber, F/SN Archer, or Diarmud. They're all badass as fuck

Saber of Red.

300px-Clarent_Blood_Arthur.jpgMordred_Siegfried.jpg

(look familiar?)

250px-Saber_of_red_armour2.png

related: tfw you realize that fate/apocrypha is an alternate timeline and therefore CAN BE READ WITHOUT SPOILING ANYTHING HNNG

• Support Squad

I am enjoying Fate/UBW, but this season, I prefer Kiseijuu. 4th episode, the first fight is So well choreographed, and I know the story is gonna be god seeing as I read the manga. I do want to read the Fate VN but I'm absolutely broke ;~;

I've not actually heard of Fate/ before.

What sort of genre is it?

Just to promote Fate/ some more, if you do decide to start watching, here's the recommended order:

For the TV series, MAKE SURE you watch the ones by Ufotable. It's just epically more superior; you can tell by their CryEngine-level art and animation

1. VN route

so here we start with the visual novel itself ---> Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works TV series (not the movie) ---> Fate/Zero TV series

2. Yawn..VN too long;didn't read...

assuming you also don't have the patience to wait for all F/SN UBW episodes, you'll start with Fate/Zero first and then ---> F/SN UBW TV series

So yeah. What I recommend is the VN route. But if you don't like reading you can just go straight in to Fate/Zero (like I did). A lot more things will make sense in Fate/Zero should you decide to go through the VN first since it's a prequel (made assuming you knew the F/SN stuff first).

Mainly action and drama, due to the twist-and-turn nature of the plot. Occasional romance tends to happen too.

Sounds alright from the bit of reading around I've been doing, I can't stomach huge amounts of romance in series, just does my head in.

Rurouni Kenshin is probably my limit on that.

EDIT: Upon further reading, I will probably grab the visual novel but I'll get an English Translation of the Realta Nua version, thank you.

The whole H thing can be all well and good if you are into that thing, but I think it should be kept separate from... normal viewing. Especially in a house with other people. With no concept of privacy.

Edited by Damashii

Strangely enough, I got into the series from ufotable's fate/zero adaptation and got into the rest of it just fine; it's still absolutely one of my favorites. If you don't feel stressed to start in a particular order, I highly recommend starting in /zero, especially since that way you don't understand how it's forced to set itself up for stay night. That, and it's just really masterfully done, long first episode of exposition aside.

• Support Squad

The new one is pretty good, discounting some exposition episodes.. From what I remember of the Fate/Stay night anime, it was decent, had a fair bit of action. Can't speak for zero

Some how, the fate of this thread ended up being about Sheep's favorite anime/vn and it seem to stay that way as there appears to be virtually unlimited amount of fans coming out left and right, but alas, that's all I can say right now as my fingers hurts like hell since this morning from a puzzling incident involving my old school razor blade and preferably been my beard, albeit the real tragedy is with my dominant hand, even though it works, I still cannot comfortably use it on some...things....

Edited by MotherGlitcher

Some how, the fate of this thread ended up being about Sheep's favorite anime/vn

did you mean mine

1v1 me sheep i will show you who the superior nerd is

for relevancy

Yeah, thankfully the ufotable F/SN is moving at a good pace despite the exposition, and while the most recent episode did slow it a bit I'm moreso grateful that they're dedicating the action next time around to a whole episode instead of just some, because that means tons of kickass

They call me Gilgamesh up in here. 6v1 you still wouldn't win.

Anyway, Fate isn't that action packed, it's more about people talking with the occasional mind blowingly epic action scene.