Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been watching Akame ga Kill (Only on like episode 8 or 9 or 10 or something, no spoilers please... :( ) and I discovered over the course of a few episodes that Esdeath is one of my favorite characters. (And yes, I like her for her personality too, not just her "personality." ;) ) It seems weird to me, considering that she's so cruel and all, but I guess I like to see a character like her stomp all over her attempts at love and be all awkward. She's a character that I both hate and love at the same time...

On a somewhat related note, I've discovered that I'm a sucker for romance in most things, no matter how poorly executed it is. Hm.

everything was going so well until suddenly sao <<

from there it was all mainstream bar parasyte

Jojo is pretty good, although I would call part 1: Phantom Blood a stepping stone.

I just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Nai. They're both pretty good, but you need some patience cuz each "arc" gives you a few hints on how to solve the whole mystery.

I'm reading Dorohedoro right now, the main chararacter is... different design-wise and he's also badass. Here's a picture of him

So I've been watching Akame ga Kill (Only on like episode 8 or 9 or 10 or something, no spoilers please... :( ) and I discovered over the course of a few episodes that Esdeath is one of my favorite characters. (And yes, I like her for her personality too, not just her "personality." ;) ) It seems weird to me, considering that she's so cruel and all, but I guess I like to see a character like her stomp all over her attempts at love and be all awkward. She's a character that I both hate and love at the same time...

On a somewhat related note, I've discovered that I'm a sucker for romance in most things, no matter how poorly executed it is. Hm.

The anime was doing pretty decent til Episode 20.. but yea. Once you get there, I recommend reading the manga, specifically at Chapter 33.5. The anime skipped a bunch of good content at Episode 20, which is a shame.

Jojo is pretty good, although I would call part 1: Phantom Blood a stepping stone.

I heard it is, but I have a terrible impression of it, idk why.

Probably going to be one of those animes I expect nothing from but end up liking, to my surprise XD.

I heard it is, but I have a terrible impression of it, idk why.

Probably going to be one of those animes I expect nothing from but end up liking, to my surprise XD.

That's a good mindset to have. The worst is being super hyped for an anime/manga but ending up disappointed :/.

Honestly, I didn't have too much of a problem with the ending, though it was pretty lacking, likely again because of how rushed it was because of skipping all the chapters. The final battle was pretty nicely done though.

Overall, show was nothing special; the deaths felt kinda like they were done for show and most of them didn't evoke too much emotion in me, but I'd consider it average.

• Support Squad

Average is indeed the word. Now, if you want something that just puts a smile on your face every episode, go watch Barakamon. a nice little slice of life that is just fantastic. I really did enjoy the simplicity of the show, it was just happiness in an anime.

the biggest flaw of the anime for me personally was how rushed the last 5-6 episodes were, characters be dying left and right

^^^^^^^^^^^

I was still liking it up until ep 16~18, but from there I guess they just felt like screwing the anime.

Also, I find it funny how during the entire show they always gave characters back story and development SPECIFICALLY before they were about to die. I oddly didn't dislike it, I really found it amusing, like, as soon as someone started getting flashbacks I would scream "HAH, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE LOL".

^^^^^^^^^^^

I was still liking it up until ep 16~18, but from there I guess they just felt like screwing the anime.

Also, I find it funny how during the entire show they always gave characters back story and development SPECIFICALLY before they were about to die. I oddly didn't dislike it, I really found it amusing, like, as soon as someone started getting flashbacks I would scream "HAH, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE LOL".

To be fair, there were some points regarding that where they pulled our leg entirely; I just think it's use as a whole didn't have much of an effect.