Anything Anime

Kai

Okay, Tokyo Ghoul Root just completely threw me off. I knew it was going to be different, but not that different dang.

Oh well, it was interesting to say the least.

Good, that i dont read manga in common, but the second season started at least 1000x times better as the last one, also uncensored finally.

Does anyone know the title of the show in my status?

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Edited by Helios2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it as well haha. They did announce it was going to be a parallel storyline, so I was expecting differences from the manga. I'm not sure whether I like the intro or not compared to Unravel, but oh well.

I was sad when there was no Dr. Kaneki though..

I'm looking forward to Jojo and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu tomorrow :]

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Just started watching Parasyte- the Maxim- based on a suggestion. I got through the 3rd episode and started formulating a theory, and I'm probably less than half-way through the 4th episode and it seems to be falling into place. So... without too many spoilers from the others who have seen it further, I kinda want to know how close I am.

The thing about them eating others of the host species is very specific and was the first thing to make me think that it's an intentional thing.

The other thing was the language at the beginning when the parasyte said it had failed. Like it was on a mission and was a complete failure.

The parasyte is showing up all around the world, pretty much all at once.

One of the first things it does is 'study', acquire as much information as it can about the world it has found itself in.

Then, there's the fact that when the two parasytes tried to mate, it was through the host body and thus created a human life, not a new parasyte. Thus, the parasytes have no idea how to reproduce... but it knows how to do all these other things without being taught, based on instinct.

The parasyte in the MC's hand sustains itself with the nutrients in the MC's blood, which comes from the food he eats, so it doesn't have to eat people.

So, when the teacher/parasyte talks to the MC and admits that it could be possible for them to sustain themselves by eating food like people instead of eating people themselves and then starts talking about what I had originally called instinct/genetic programming as 'directives', I figured I had started cooking with bacon grease, so to speak. So I paused it there and started typing this (at 9:57 into ep4, including OP, to be exact).

The theory I have is that the parasytes are a biological weapon of an alien race. The idea follows along several things that I had watched recently (most notably, Halo Nightfall and Pacific Rim, Alien 3, and even Independence day). The parasyte is the first step in a hostile takeover of the planet. Being that it can morph itself and change appearances, it is meant to be a covert killer, causing massive damage and the threat being fully realized once it is too late to stop it. In Halo Nightfall and even some of the books, it talks about using an element or a disease that only affects/targets a specific species, wiping them out. Winning a war without firing a single shot, and preferably without the enemy discovering the true source of their demise. The problematic apex species is taken out while leaving intact the other biological and mineral resources of the planet. The parasyte is incredibly lethal, with incredible speed, utility, and a high level intelligence that is practically machine in nature- highly logical but without sentiment. Even if the host species figures out what is going on, it is probably at a stage at which they will be overwhelmed anyways.

So then how does the real invading alien species come in and take over? One method is to let the host and parasyte kill each other off. Another method would be to hold a secret key that destroys the parasyte easily. Like kryptonite to superman. An even easier one is to sit back and wait. The parasyte has the usual drive of self-preservation, and cares nothing for anyone or anything else, even those of its own species. It can learn and understand facts quickly, and it is driven to be secretive and kill and eat others of the host species. But it apparently doesn't know how to reproduce. It probably can't. It is meant to die off with the host species. In the end, the parasytes would have attacked and eaten each other out of desperate hunger- with their complete individualism, it was highly unlikely that they would think to the future of their species enough to manage humans as a sustainable food supply. Or they would starve, since they are only really driven to eat the host species and nothing else, apparently. Any which way, the parasyte dies, and the invading aliens take over.

But there are of course, flaws in this plan. Mistakes, such as what happened with the main character, where the parasyte is actually forced to live symbiotically with the host. And perhaps another mistake is underestimating the mechanical nature of the parasyte intelligence. As an atheist, I know there are sound, logical reasons to be 'good' without divine mandates to decree so. The parasyte will learn more than the invading species anticipated in its interactions with humanity.

On a side note, I find this anime to uniquely at odds with the rather xenophobic culture of the Japanese. From my studies, I have learned the Japanese have ... a strong sense of 'in' and 'out' groups that is very interesting to look at, not least of which because of how situational it is. I won't try to conjure up any specific examples at the moment, but, if you can imagine things like all Americans standing together right after 9/11, it's kind of like that. But you must also think in terms of... I am at war with my neighbor until people from another block tries to mess with us, and then two blocks in a neighborhood team up when people outside that community tries to butt in. That isn't to say we don't suffer from similar problems in the US (I mean, look at Ferguson and other things here) but the way they divide things might leave you scratching your head.

I said I wouldn't bring up any examples, but I'll still give this one. I watched a movie about a true story. A Japanese woman and her coworkers had been captured by Al Quaeda or some other terrorist group while she had been working with a peaceful, charity group to help affected people out in the middle east. I don't recall if she was released because the terrorists were paid a ransom or they were just released after a time... but when she came back, she was ostracized by her entire community. Somehow, they'd felt she'd cause them shame. How dare she go out and help people who weren't her own people AND get captured? Her father was fired from the factory job he'd had for many years because of her. And a bunch of other things. She eventually escaped by moving to the US. Anyways, food for thought. No culture is perfect, and is often imperfect in unexpected ways.

• Support Squad

Just started watching Parasyte- the Maxim- based on a suggestion. I got through the 3rd episode and started formulating a theory, and I'm probably less than half-way through the 4th episode and it seems to be falling into place. So... without too many spoilers from the others who have seen it further, I kinda want to know how close I am.

The thing about them eating others of the host species is very specific and was the first thing to make me think that it's an intentional thing.

The other thing was the language at the beginning when the parasyte said it had failed. Like it was on a mission and was a complete failure.

The parasyte is showing up all around the world, pretty much all at once.

One of the first things it does is 'study', acquire as much information as it can about the world it has found itself in.

Then, there's the fact that when the two parasytes tried to mate, it was through the host body and thus created a human life, not a new parasyte. Thus, the parasytes have no idea how to reproduce... but it knows how to do all these other things without being taught, based on instinct.

The parasyte in the MC's hand sustains itself with the nutrients in the MC's blood, which comes from the food he eats, so it doesn't have to eat people.

So, when the teacher/parasyte talks to the MC and admits that it could be possible for them to sustain themselves by eating food like people instead of eating people themselves and then starts talking about what I had originally called instinct/genetic programming as 'directives', I figured I had started cooking with bacon grease, so to speak. So I paused it there and started typing this (at 9:57 into ep4, including OP, to be exact).

The theory I have is that the parasytes are a biological weapon of an alien race. The idea follows along several things that I had watched recently (most notably, Halo Nightfall and Pacific Rim, Alien 3, and even Independence day). The parasyte is the first step in a hostile takeover of the planet. Being that it can morph itself and change appearances, it is meant to be a covert killer, causing massive damage and the threat being fully realized once it is too late to stop it. In Halo Nightfall and even some of the books, it talks about using an element or a disease that only affects/targets a specific species, wiping them out. Winning a war without firing a single shot, and preferably without the enemy discovering the true source of their demise. The problematic apex species is taken out while leaving intact the other biological and mineral resources of the planet. The parasyte is incredibly lethal, with incredible speed, utility, and a high level intelligence that is practically machine in nature- highly logical but without sentiment. Even if the host species figures out what is going on, it is probably at a stage at which they will be overwhelmed anyways.

So then how does the real invading alien species come in and take over? One method is to let the host and parasyte kill each other off. Another method would be to hold a secret key that destroys the parasyte easily. Like kryptonite to superman. An even easier one is to sit back and wait. The parasyte has the usual drive of self-preservation, and cares nothing for anyone or anything else, even those of its own species. It can learn and understand facts quickly, and it is driven to be secretive and kill and eat others of the host species. But it apparently doesn't know how to reproduce. It probably can't. It is meant to die off with the host species. In the end, the parasytes would have attacked and eaten each other out of desperate hunger- with their complete individualism, it was highly unlikely that they would think to the future of their species enough to manage humans as a sustainable food supply. Or they would starve, since they are only really driven to eat the host species and nothing else, apparently. Any which way, the parasyte dies, and the invading aliens take over.

But there are of course, flaws in this plan. Mistakes, such as what happened with the main character, where the parasyte is actually forced to live symbiotically with the host. And perhaps another mistake is underestimating the mechanical nature of the parasyte intelligence. As an atheist, I know there are sound, logical reasons to be 'good' without divine mandates to decree so. The parasyte will learn more than the invading species anticipated in its interactions with humanity.

On a side note, I find this anime to uniquely at odds with the rather xenophobic culture of the Japanese. From my studies, I have learned the Japanese have ... a strong sense of 'in' and 'out' groups that is very interesting to look at, not least of which because of how situational it is. I won't try to conjure up any specific examples at the moment, but, if you can imagine things like all Americans standing together right after 9/11, it's kind of like that. But you must also think in terms of... I am at war with my neighbor until people from another block tries to mess with us, and then two blocks in a neighborhood team up when people outside that community tries to butt in. That isn't to say we don't suffer from similar problems in the US (I mean, look at Ferguson and other things here) but the way they divide things might leave you scratching your head.

I said I wouldn't bring up any examples, but I'll still give this one. I watched a movie about a true story. A Japanese woman and her coworkers had been captured by Al Quaeda or some other terrorist group while she had been working with a peaceful, charity group to help affected people out in the middle east. I don't recall if she was released because the terrorists were paid a ransom or they were just released after a time... but when she came back, she was ostracized by her entire community. Somehow, they'd felt she'd cause them shame. How dare she go out and help people who weren't her own people AND get captured? Her father was fired from the factory job he'd had for many years because of her. And a bunch of other things. She eventually escaped by moving to the US. Anyways, food for thought. No culture is perfect, and is often imperfect in unexpected ways.

Your theory is rather detailed, but I'm just going to say this now, it isn't a spoiler for the story, more the lore (This is coming from someone who read the manga)

It is never completely elaborated on about who set the parasytes upon the earth, there's a lot that points to it being a force that wishes to preserve Nature moreso than humans though, such as an alien race that wants to help the earth, or just nature itself, having the parasytes evolve as a solution to humanity.

damn, assassination classroom's first episode hooked me up

though, the last mins between supposedly the teacher and some woman seemed more like a tentacle hentai scene

death parade was pretty cool too, really original concept and the animation is simply beautiful

i dont understand why the woman was the one sent to hell though, i mean, unless she was just acting in the end to tease the dude (which I could've SWORN she was), it doesnt make much sense to me

and according to this anime's logic, if going to heaven means reincarnating then the end that awaits any human is the void, no?

its as if this game is a way to exhibit people's true egocentric nature in order to cultivate souls in hell

friday nights are going to be so much more fun now thanks to these two [:

and durarara shou... once i finish the first season <<

tokyo ghoul root a was nothing special to me... idk what to expect anyway since i havent read the manga

same stance here, though at least we'll have the godly composition of the man us mortals call Hiroyuki Sawano.

WOW I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS

snk, kill la kill and now this, any soundtrack composed by this guy intensifies any scene be it action or emotional by, like, one fucking thousand times

WOW I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS

snk, kill la kill and now this, any soundtrack composed by this guy intensifies any scene be it action or emotional by, like, one fucking thousand times

He also composed the music for Aldanoah.Zero which sounded fucking amazing, although I pretty much lost interest in the anime itself after the first couple of episodes

• Support Squad

He also composed the music for Aldanoah.Zero which sounded fucking amazing, although I pretty much lost interest in the anime itself after the first couple of episodes

Just a little Tidbit, the guy(Gen urobuchi I think) who wrote the first episodes narrative/whatever it was actually left after the first ep, and then it just dropped down into what it was.

Just a little Tidbit, the guy(Gen urobuchi I think) who wrote the first episodes narrative/whatever it was actually left after the first ep, and then it just dropped down into what it was.

Pretty much everyone knew that and it's why a lot of people watched it and then were soon after let down

HOLY F YAY 22 episodes confirmed for ansatsu kyoushitsu, this is going to be so much fun [[[[:

i seriously expected a 12-ep long anime, but then again, the manga has around 50 chapters (114 20-pages long chapters) as of now, so... if that had happened this would've likely turned into this year's danganronpa, last year's being tokyo ghoul

• Support Squad

What are your guys thoughts on Death Parade? I like it actually.

Part of me thinks it's gonna be one of those that is obsessed with trying to get across this revolutionary viewpoint that they prattle on for hours about, justthe feel I get from it so far. Then again, it certainly doesn't take itself seriously in the opening.

im liking death parade so far, and i really liked the introduction of this new female lead character

she reminds me of characters like akane from psycho-pass, who initially looks like a newbie but slowly proves to be very successful at what she's doing, and armin from snk, more or less when he joined the survey corps, who despite being new there, was already as good as some veterans (if not better) when coming up with a strategy

the only aspect where im worried that death parade might not succeed in is having a proper ending and a developing story

basically if the 12 episodes are all about cases non-related to each other and they don't go more in depth with what they started, it's going to annoy me a lot

Well... Tokyo Ghoul Root A is being kinda shit so far, honestly. I mean, it's only going to be 12-episodes long and I think this is supposed to end the series? They already wasted 3 episodes with no relevant plot whatsoever, and they still have to touch so many things they started, as well as give the main characters and a few more important ones enough screen-time and/or development. I don't predict very good results... but oh well, guess I'll just have to wait and see. And once it's over, I'll finally read the manga that people praise so much.

Parasyte, however, is becoming even better every week a new episode is released. I'd love to discuss this more, but I won't simply for the sake of not spoiling, since I think there are people here who haven't watched everything released so far. Though, I'd like to note that, Migi is now easily my favorite non-human character to ever exist on an anime. Again, can't develop much 'cause spoilers, but people who have watched the 2-3 most recent episodes will probably understand. Also, not sure if I'm the only one, but I actually find Migi hilarious at times.

EDIT: MY FRIEND JUST CALLED MIGI A VAGINA WITH EYES ))):

EDIT 2: nvm about tg root a, that was written as of ep 3. i now know from ep 4 that shit isnt happening out of order and kaneki isnt just fucking around because he feels like it.

Edited by MMM

Heyheyhey. so I need moar animus to keep me busy. Is Unlimited Blade Works, or whatever that aneemay is called good?

yea, mainly for the animation and story

I was quite annoyed by the characters not including archer and saber, though

side note:

no

i have never ever before hit upvote so fast