Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh, I hate an MC like in Mahouka. He just shows up perfect, no development whatsoever. Calm and collected and boring as all fuck

He was pretty much like that from the get go; he provided no entertainment or interest whatsoever to me. Dropped it after 5 episodes.

• Support Squad

Damn, that mean you pretty much hate the mc from One Outs, but like the one from Death Note and Code Geass...

One outs, I've never heard of, Death note, never watched but I'd argue that he wasn't perfect due to how it ends (I was spoilt), and in Code Geass, Lelouch was far from perfect,

Ah, since it's better to compare mcs that are quite intellectually based than to just name mcs with no common ground and I though Lelouche and Light would do, since they have somewhat a common ground back with more character development or is it just facial expressions?

On another note, what ARE mcs closest to your sense of perfection?

• Support Squad

No such thing. What makes a character good or interesting for me throughout the series is how they grow and overcome the challenges they face. What you're asking there for me is which part of the journey was best, when it's the whole journey that matters most.

Then what are some journeys that you enjoyed the most? In another word, what are some mcs that you highly like since they are the raw/unpolished materials before the journey and are the final products after the known journey?

• Support Squad

It'd be between Ganta from Deadman wonderland (Manga) and Shichika Yasuri (Guy in my current avi). They both go through a substantial amount of growth and change throughout and I'll admit to some Bias due to the great amount of quality in both series. Ganta goes from a whiny bitch to a badass in his own right whilst keeping his humanity, and Shichika goes from an air headed fool who can't think for himself to, well I can't really define who he becomes, but he certainly changes throughout.

At least now I have a reference lol, and

it sucks that Shiro goes nappy at the end, but Ganta does look pretty gansta at the very end.

Edited by MotherGlitcher

• Support Squad

Uh, maybe put that in a spoiler? Like I'm doing here

From what I remember, there was a chapter taking place after a couple of years where Shiro wakes up and they finally get their happy ending. It's one of the reasons I love the story.

I've been meaning to watch more Trigger/Gainax stuff. Wonder if there's some I've yet to see? I've seen:

- Gurren Lagann plus both movies

- Inferno Cop

- Kill la Kill

- Panty & Stocking

- Little Witch Academia

All I've seen from them & all of them, especially Inferno Cop, was amazing.=)

Currently watching "A Certain Magical Index" English dubbed, & I'll probably get alot of hate for saying this, but if an anime has an English dub version I will watch that without ever watching sub, unless its just that bad.

I've been meaning to watch more Trigger/Gainax stuff. Wonder if there's some I've yet to see? I've seen:

- Gurren Lagann plus both movies

- Inferno Cop

- Kill la Kill

- Panty & Stocking

- Little Witch Academia

All I've seen from them & all of them, especially Inferno Cop, was amazing.=)

Currently watching "A Certain Magical Index" English dubbed, & I'll probably get alot of hate for saying this, but if an anime has an English dub version I will watch that without ever watching sub, unless its just that bad.

You should try FLCL just for the experience lol, it's short and to the point.... maybe not to the point, but definitely short.

not hating, but the índex dub is kinda disapointing due to one particular character's voice being incredibly badly done

oh well, I think it's fine though, 2nd season isn't dubbed yet so you'll have to watch the sub one way or another, by then you'll notice which character I'm talking about

after index you can also watch a certain scientific railgun (2 seasons) and the index movie. railgun has a similar plot except it focuses more around the esper abilities and the main character is misaka. as for the movie, I think it was okay, I enjoyed it enough

Psycho Pass season 2 is pretty great so far. If ya haven't seen the first season and started on the second, ya ought to do that pretty soon. Fantastic sci-fi crime drama anime series.

Just finished watching both seasons of Jormungang, has a GITS feel to it, different ambient and less artsy than GITS but still a real fun to watch.