Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recommend the new adaptation of fate/stay night. Probably the best animation I have ever seen in a weekly anime, also Rin is just the one of the best female characters* ever.

I second both of these; though any adaptation by Ufotable's bound to have stellar animation.

From what I've seen, others to check out are:

Terra Formars

Trinity Seven

World Trigger

Nanatsu no Taizai

Shingeki no Bahamut

They're all pretty good imo, & yes, 2nd season of Chaika.=3 Along with Log Horizon if anyone watches that.=)

Terra Formars is pretty good, but its HEAVILY censored, so if censoring is too bothersome for some then I wouldn't watch it.

Does anything else stick out? Or has Fate/stay night stolen the season?

It hasn't really stolen the season at all; just attracted people who have links to the Fate series and thought studio DEEN was a bunch of wimps.

Psycho pass season 2? I watched the first episode and it was as good as the start of the first season.

^^this and Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu are going to be the best anime of this season, hands down (although, if you can't take gore....avoid both of them at all cost)

Recently checked out Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, its sure to be really amazing, though I believe its underrated right now.=/ Animation, characters, opening, its all fantastic.

Just finished the Kara no Kyoukai movies. Started them ages ago, then lost interest, then picked them back up again a few days ago and started from the start again.

Dialogue heavy, but I loved it. I definitely prefer dialogue heavy anime that make you think to the mindless action of shounen these days.

If you've watched brotherhood, then there's little to no point in watching the other one.

I'm going to have to contradict you by saying that they are extremely different series, in plot development, style, and character development. They are like two anime series set in the same universe that have some characters in common. One is a bit of an epic/action series, while the other is a mystery/suspense series. Both are quite good in my opinion. I won't attempt to claim that there is no merit in watch the other one regardless of which one you watched, because they really are very different, although they have a few events in common. They are completely different after around 25 episodes for the original series and I think 20 or so for Brotherhood.

Sheep, have you seen Eden of the East? It's wonderful, very dialogue-heavy drama. It gets a lot of criticism but i'll recommend it.

Edited by chuckles

I'm going to have to contradict you by saying that they are extremely different series, in plot development, style, and character development. They are like two anime series set in the same universe that have some characters in common. One is a bit of an epic/action series, while the other is a mystery/suspense series. Both are quite good in my opinion. I won't attempt to claim that there is no merit in watch the other one regardless of which one you watched, because they really are very different, although they have a few events in common. They are completely different after around 25 episodes for the original series and I think 20 or so for Brotherhood.

You misinterpret my statement; I wasn't saying that Brotherhood was identical to the original with the exception of animation quality; I'm saying that it's far better than the original could hope to be.

Sheep, have you seen Eden of the East? It's wonderful, very dialogue-heavy drama. It gets a lot of criticism but i'll recommend it.

No, but I have heard of it. I'll get around to it eventually.

I've just finished watching The Irregular at the Magic High School, quite nice to have a calm and collected mc for a change, in fact, I don't remember a single time the mc scream at all lol. Now if there's only a filter to filter out animes with screaming boy and girl mcs....