[EXTREME SPOILERS] Revelations in E18/Story Recap

Shia

Spoiler

Turns out Episode 18 really is very story-driven, beating many of the previous episodes in story content alone, so I typed out everything revealed/shown by what just happened. This is all revealed within the story, so there's really no need to read if you have played thoroughly. Just thinking of typing it out for people who might be overwhelmed with so much information. Still, this is very long too, so lol.

Anywho, so far... 

Radomus is the father of Anna and Noel, and based on my memory, is or was the fabled salesman who sold all the crystal keys. These keys turn out to truly be not of this world, and Radomus had them cut and fashioned to be jewels, and were eventually bought by 3 slightly familiar characters within the story; Caroline and Monty Belrose (Parents of Saphira, Laura, and Charlotte) and Corey Molinar. The last one was then given by the Radomus to his wife. Radomus also seems to have a thing with Serra now. Based on Gardevoir's final words as well, she used to belong to Radomus' wife, and as per her own words, it was her purpose to be that way.

Anna and Noel were also to be named Fantasia and Painter by their mother, and Anna turns out to be well-connected with nearly everyone in the story so far, just as many have suspected. In no short order, Anna was the one who asked Shade save us from the black hole made by Gardevoir, as well as being associated with Eve and Lumi as well. Gardevoir is likely M.I.A as well, and may or may not be truly dead, based on her own comments within the void. Luna, Cain, and Samson however, are quite ambiguous, but it should be noted that Luna decided to jump into the black hole herself, and also played a part in saving the player. 

Bennett then cuts ties with Team Meteor, with Laura helping him. Likely a build up to a future relationship between the two, as the IRL Bennett and Laura actually used to date back in the old days of the League. Zero is then on the run to report to Lin, and Eve and Lumi turn out to actually have bodies in perfect preservation this entire time within the Glass workshop, and they've been working on breaking free from Zero this entire time, but no buildup is mentioned because they had to keep quiet as Zero will hear their thoughts. The mysterious Arc-Pulse also turns out to be real, but is still in development unlike the other PULSEs, and will likely be for a while. Well, until the end of Episode 18, where Lin finds whatever power source there is within Agate. 

My memory is starting to get wonky now, but there's still a lot unmentioned, especially the whole trek within the black hole. Some tidbits I do remember clearly though.. Sirius may or may not have a similar history to Corey, and Radomus' wife/Anna's mother might not be out of this world either. Based on what we do see of her in the void though, she may be the red-haired lady mentioned by the Fortune Teller in the Jasper Ward. There's also that too, that prophecy. I don't remember it clearly anymore, but some parts of those may be clearer now after these revelations. That said, if anything here is wrong, do feel free to correct and add to the discussion!

Oh, and Shade is still Shade. We still don't know much about him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SHIA II said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

This I disagree with, the void essentially confirms that Shade is our woman in black, who was sacrificed in another world to bring about Shade in this world, who allows us to live and guides us towards saving Reborn.  This is shown late into the void when you see Shade on the right and then to his left is a sprite of a woman in black and red who seems to be dead.

7 hours ago, Tacos said:
  Hide contents

This I disagree with, the void essentially confirms that Shade is our woman in black, who was sacrificed in another world to bring about Shade in this world, who allows us to live and guides us towards saving Reborn.  This is shown late into the void when you see Shade on the right and then to his left is a sprite of a woman in black and red who seems to be dead.

Spoiler

Oohhhhh, I didn't see the black and red woman there, probably because of the lighting. Back then I already thought the woman in black was Shade, but I didn't consider it because Shade doesn't seem like a... woman. Nor a man. If human at all, but based on the fact that Shade was brought about by the sacrifice of a girl, it would make sense why he's connected with many of them in Reborn, such as Anna and Luna.

9 hours ago, SHIA II said:
  Hide contents

Turns out Episode 18 really is very story-driven, beating many of the previous episodes in story content alone, so I typed out everything revealed/shown by what just happened. This is all revealed within the story, so there's really no need to read if you have played thoroughly. Just thinking of typing it out for people who might be overwhelmed with so much information. Still, this is very long too, so lol.

Anywho, so far... 

Radomus is the father of Anna and Noel, and based on my memory, is or was the fabled salesman who sold all the crystal keys. These keys turn out to truly be not of this world, and Radomus had them cut and fashioned to be jewels, and were eventually bought by 3 slightly familiar characters within the story; Caroline and Monty Belrose (Parents of Saphira, Laura, and Charlotte) and Corey Molinar. The last one was then given by the Radomus to his wife. Radomus also seems to have a thing with Serra now. Based on Gardevoir's final words as well, she used to belong to Radomus' wife, and as per her own words, it was her purpose to be that way.

Anna and Noel were also to be named Fantasia and Painter by their mother, and Anna turns out to be well-connected with nearly everyone in the story so far, just as many have suspected. In no short order, Anna was the one who asked Shade save us from the black hole made by Gardevoir, as well as being associated with Eve and Lumi as well. Gardevoir is likely M.I.A as well, and may or may not be truly dead, based on her own comments within the void. Luna, Cain, and Samson however, are quite ambiguous, but it should be noted that Luna decided to jump into the black hole herself, and also played a part in saving the player. 

Bennett then cuts ties with Team Meteor, with Laura helping him. Likely a build up to a future relationship between the two, as the IRL Bennett and Laura actually used to date back in the old days of the League. Zero is then on the run to report to Lin, and Eve and Lumi turn out to actually have bodies in perfect preservation this entire time within the Glass workshop, and they've been working on breaking free from Zero this entire time, but no buildup is mentioned because they had to keep quiet as Zero will hear their thoughts. The mysterious Arc-Pulse also turns out to be real, but is still in development unlike the other PULSEs, and will likely be for a while. Well, until the end of Episode 18, where Lin finds whatever power source there is within Agate. 

My memory is starting to get wonky now, but there's still a lot unmentioned, especially the whole trek within the black hole. Some tidbits I do remember clearly though.. Sirius may or may not have a similar history to Corey, and Radomus' wife/Anna's mother might not be out of this world either. Based on what we do see of her in the void though, she may be the red-haired lady mentioned by the Fortune Teller in the Jasper Ward. There's also that too, that prophecy. I don't remember it clearly anymore, but some parts of those may be clearer now after these revelations. That said, if anything here is wrong, do feel free to correct and add to the discussion!

Spoiler

Radomus gave the Emerald Brooch to his friend at the time, El, as thanks for creating the jewellery. He did sell the Sapphire Bracelets to the Belrose family as it reminded them of their eldest daughter. He sold the ring to Corey for his engagement and yeah he gave the Necklace to his wife, then passing it on to Anna when his wife died. Anna and Noel's original names were hidden from the orphanage for their own safety. 

Gardevoir is also seen in the Agate chase when Lin in a way summons her from the void, hinting that Gardevoir managed to hold off the mind control until after the void was created. Also stop hogging Radomus' attention Anna, let your brother have the chance to have his moment with his dad.

3 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:
  Hide contents

Radomus gave the Emerald Brooch to his friend at the time, El, as thanks for creating the jewellery. He did sell the Sapphire Bracelets to the Belrose family as it reminded them of their eldest daughter. He sold the ring to Corey for his engagement and yeah he gave the Necklace to his wife, then passing it on to Anna when his wife died. Anna and Noel's original names were hidden from the orphanage for their own safety. 

Gardevoir is also seen in the Agate chase when Lin in a way summons her from the void, hinting that Gardevoir managed to hold off the mind control until after the void was created. Also stop hogging Radomus' attention Anna, let your brother have the chance to have his moment with his dad.

There's a certain sidequest that really puts the former part into question. You have to finish a difficult puzzle for it, tho.

6 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:
  Hide contents

It makes you question whether it was El or Sirius right?

Well, it (combined with dialogue in the story) kinda confirms it was Sirius, as you can figure out from that that they knew each other in the past. It would also be very hard for a blind man to create jewelry if the brooch made his eyes work again...which means he likely gave it to Sirius, who later passed it on to El.

Just now, laggless01 said:

Hide contents

Well, it (combined with dialogue in the story) kinda confirms it was Sirius, as you can figure out from that that they knew each other in the past. It would also be very hard for a blind man to create jewelry if the brooch made his eyes work again...

Spoiler

So you think that either El or Solaris stole the brooch from Sirius at some point?

• Veterans
5 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:
  Hide contents

So you think that either El or Solaris stole the brooch from Sirius at some point?

Spoiler

Sirius probably gave it back when he joined Meteor. Remember that all 4 keys were Solaris' in the first place, so returning it would be an easy way in, if nothing else.

1 hour ago, alisekoroleva said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And what about the story differences in Zekrom/Reshiram paths? (I just... Still can't believe that Cain is dead...)

Spoiler

I thought Cain was just stuck the void still, or does he die in the other path? Man that sucks now I gotta do another playthrough to see it.

57 minutes ago, alisekoroleva said:
  Hide contents

And what about the story differences in Zekrom/Reshiram paths? (I just... Still can't believe that Cain is dead...)

Spoiler

There aren't that many differences honestly, or at least not mhow  . If you want to know them:

1) in Reshiram's Titania comes to Calcenon and stays with Florinia while we go with Hardy to the Glass Workstation

2) Taka appears as a "ghost" in the void (like, he actually interacts with you like Cain does, so it's not a memory)

3) Titania wakes up Hardy, again

4) Titania interacts with Shelly instead of Serra in the house

5) Titania goes to Agate instead of Serra

6) Sirius tells Solaris that Taka is dead and tries to kill/attack Solaris since he doesn't have any Pokémon left but he runs

7) Lin gives a different dialog underwater

21 minutes ago, Norman Guy said:
  Hide contents

I thought Cain was just stuck the void still, or does he die in the other path? Man that sucks now I gotta do another playthrough to see it.

Spoiler

No, it's the same for both routes.

3 hours ago, alisekoroleva said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

In Zekrom, after the battle with Solaris Taka turns on Team Meteor. In Reshiram, Solaris instead finds out Taka died from Sirius and runs off after Sirius taunts him about no one else on Team Meteor shares his goals. I actually felt kinda bad for him in that scene. Titania stays behind in Calcenon to talk to Florinia while we go off with Hardy, and fights grunts in Agate. She strikes up an odd friendship with Shelly. And another interesting thing is that if you talk to Anna in the Reshiram route, she says something like "the boy with a broken wing wasn't suppose to die."

I think we'll be seeing Cain and Luna again, and maybe even the others that died, but they won't be quite themselves. Because Lin.

Spoiler

Cain is coming back fo sho, it is plain impossible for the most enjoyable character of the game to vanish in such an anti-climactic way. I legit didn't think that he was gone up until I read this thread and realised "man, he's in the Void alright, he is considered dead."

This "death" doesn't do him justice, so I firmly believe he makes his own comeback, one way or another.

Spoiler

Just wanting to clarify, at end of episode it mentions "end of episode 18" and after clicking for a while character in black abyss speaks about "helping provide fortunate path and all". Then you speak and find out hardy is heading to calcaneon city. There is no further storyline from this perspective in episode 18 is there, it's done at the gym battle and I assume you restart episode 19 at Calceneon City?

1 hour ago, rumps said:
  Hide contents

Did anyone else find the encounter in the North Adventurine Woods with a certain gym leader? If not check it out as this makes my stomach knot thinking of what is to come.

With Titania? That’s a known bug. It’s supposed to happen before you first meet her.

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, lemyuuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is Ciel dead?????? I mean she took Gardevoir's black hole at point blank range.

Spoiler

Gardevoir's black holes are more like portals to the void, rather than the crushing physics black holes of real life.