Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

1 hour ago, Lucky98 said:

Does anyone with the game files know what Fern's Dartrix's IV and EV spread form the Trainer School battle is? I'd like to damage calc it myself since they seem adamant on thinking the game is unfairly against them.

I thought they had found an actual problem with the game at first, but they just discovered pokemon have max evs and ivs. Like, was that not to be expected? (the comment section has kind of been saying it for 50 episodes). I love how they complain about their mons lacking IVs compared to trainers when they use rare candies, resulting in them not having any EVs on their pokemon. I can't wait to see their reaction to the PULSE 2.

Edit: Also, Nexus selling his shards... sigh

pbs trainer files for pokemon reborn I believe

Ohh I'm not saying I hate her by any means. I like her. She just... doesn't really do much. Now E18 is out and she might be more involved but Idw to know... unless it's unavoidable but yea. She just doesn't do much in like what? The half hour to an hour of screen time she's given?

I dont mind their announcement. I liked this episode. They didn't slouch out of reading the captains log, got both secrets of the secret cave, and we had a nice beatdown for a finale.

I KNEW they were gonna be blown back by those two meteors. From personal experience.

• Global Mods

Yea Serra always felt like the least significant gym leader before E18, so I'm glad that's changed a bit.  

I never found her fight all that bad actually, and I kinda like the concepts for the field too, but I can definitely understand why people hate it, and it's been a while since I've actually experienced it for myself.

Serra is an unusual case

Just about every other character is either reoccurring, rivals, Meteor agents, orphans, and the later game gym leaders, or in the case of the gym leaders that don't have as much screen time they usually play an important role in events that transpire when you meet them before they vanish for a while, Radomus and Luna are the main examples for this.

But with Serra....

You show up, talk with her a little, battle, and then you don't see her again for a very long time.

And when she does show up again it's a bit random.

What was she doing at the Glass Factory anyway?

Luna called her right?

39 minutes ago, uberle said:

Serra is an unusual case

Just about every other character is either reoccurring, rivals, Meteor agents, orphans, and the later game gym leaders, or in the case of the gym leaders that don't have as much screen time they usually play an important role in events that transpire when you meet them before they vanish for a while, Radomus and Luna are the main examples for this.

But with Serra....

You show up, talk with her a little, battle, and then you don't see her again for a very long time.

And when she does show up again it's a bit random.

What was she doing at the Glass Factory anyway?

Luna called her right?

It was Gardevoir who lead her there as she let slip during Serra's interview about Bennett's involvement with Meteor. 

Serra then forced Gardevoir to take her to him in order to deal with him.

Good that they finally took off the Perma Deaths Rules for all Encounters Moving Forward. That means they wont be liable to lose the psuedos,Poipole,or any other starters that they may find.

If they lost the Goomy Encounter,Amaria would be hell. Assualt Vest Goodra with Sludge wave is such a life saver for that Gym.

It's a good thing they ended the nuzlocke rules before pulse abra because there would be a lot of deaths there. I also wonder how well they're going to do vs Noel. I always thought he was really hard, even with Cincinno not being his first mon.

33 minutes ago, Taska said:

It's a good thing they ended the nuzlocke rules before pulse abra because there would be a lot of deaths there. I also wonder how well they're going to do vs Noel. I always thought he was really hard, even with Cincinno not being his first mon.

I always found Noel to be pretty easy outside of his Porygon Z. Even with a Spirttomb,that thing is a pain in the ass to face and you have to lead off with a pokemon to trigger the Attack Boost as well.

So I did the calcs for a Grimer that was hit by a tri-attack from a Dartrix, and it did the same amount of damage that it to Nappy's grimer in ep 9. I also gave both mons perfect IV's, neutral natures, and no EV's. So their argument for that part is invalid.

2 hours ago, Gainery said:

So I did the calcs for a Grimer that was hit by a tri-attack from a Dartrix, and it did the same amount of damage that it to Nappy's grimer in ep 9. I also gave both mons perfect IV's, neutral natures, and no EV's. So their argument for that part is invalid.

Calcs are just simply calcs and it gets very complicated to figure out the exact calcs to figure out damage and really can only test the legitimacy of a lper and let's face it these guys have been bending the rules and cheating for a while now and we know about it. Not a lot of their criticisms can actually hold much ground due to that. I will say from my own testing that having low IVs and no EVs really does make the game much, much more difficult than you might think back when I was doing test runs for early hardcore builds.

As a sidenote: I don't think the complaining and griping will disappear as this game can get very frustrating just due to not being prepared to handle a certain leader. I do think the ones who struggled more won't hate it as much (let's face it this was probably torture for Twit) so who knows how it'll go now. I gotta hold off of watching it for now, but usually the comments fill me in on what I need to know. Wonder if Nappy will have second thoughts when he hits that E18 battle on that nuzlocke.

17 minutes ago, Commander said:

As a sidenote: I don't think the complaining and griping will disappear as this game can get very frustrating just due to not being prepared to handle a certain leader. I do think the ones who struggled more won't hate it as much (let's face it this was probably torture for Twit) so who knows how it'll go now. I gotta hold off of watching it for now, but usually the comments fill me in on what I need to know. Wonder if Nappy will have second thoughts when he hits that E18 battle on that nuzlocke.

By the time they get there ep 19 will probably be finished and Ame might nerf that battle (I hope she doesn't)

45 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

By the time they get there ep 19 will probably be finished and Ame might nerf that battle (I hope she doesn't)

If Ame does do that, hopefully she buffs Hardy a bit to compensate. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the penta-op crew still finds it easy. 

27 minutes ago, Gainery said:

If Ame does do that, hopefully she buffs Hardy a bit to compensate. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the penta-op crew still finds it easy. 

Hardy ain't easy and probably on par with Titania in difficulty. It's just that the gauntlet is that hard probably making the rest of the game a joke. I don't know what the rest of the game will throw at us but I really doubt it's going to top that.

6 minutes ago, Commander said:

Hardy ain't easy and probably on par with Titania in difficulty. It's just that the gauntlet is that hard probably making the rest of the game a joke. I don't know what the rest of the game will throw at us but I really doubt it's going to top that.

Oh, to each their own I guess.

Well for me, I feel the gauntlet and Fiore manse battles top my list in difficulty. Hardy could've been hard (pun intended) but I had a fully set-up klinklang literally cut through his mons oof

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Commander said:

honestly speaking the gauntlet was easier than both Solaris and Hardy for me but each person has their own experience 🤷‍♂️ My team's just had a really easy time spamming AoE to one shot both mons whereas Solaris and Hardy either outsped and outpowered me or just prevented my set up sweepers from doing anything, which the gauntlet couldn't do. It can honestly get far harder than that.

6 minutes ago, Azery then said:

honestly speaking the gauntlet was easier than both Solaris and Hardy for me but each person has their own experience 🤷‍♂️

Curse Mega-Aggron is amazing against Hardy's team. Which, in my opinion, made Hardy become the easiest gym leader in the game for me. Tbh it disappointed me a tiny bit to be able to solo Hardy with it, but once again, that's just me.