Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

• Global Mods

Lets be real here, every leaders difficulty is 80% dependent on your own team composition at the time. 

Also isn't Serra a lot les haxxy now that she uses Aurora Veil in E17+?

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Lets be real here, every leaders difficulty is 80% dependent on your own team composition at the time. 

I can confirm that she is satans child if you're unlucky

It's true. But she is a lot less difficult in E17 than 16. In E16, Serra was an absolute monster. I finally gave up and quaked her with my Donphan. It was perhaps the one victory in my second playthrough where I felt so... hollow. But it was also the ONLY way my primarily physical attacking team was going to win. And in the first playthrough, her Froslass still played the evasion game.

Speaking of, since I was not around until last year for Reborn, what Episode incarnation of the game was the most difficult, and to keep this on topic: which would be the absolute most difficult for our intrepid pentasum of players? From the sound of it, the gym leaders of the old days were far stronger than now.

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

It's true. But she is a lot less difficult in E17 than 16. In E16, Serra was an absolute monster. I finally gave up and quaked her with my Donphan. It was perhaps the one victory in my second playthrough where I felt so... hollow. But it was also the ONLY way my primarily physical attacking team was going to win. And in the first playthrough, her Froslass still played the evasion game.

Speaking of, since I was not around until last year for Reborn, what Episode incarnation of the game was the most difficult, and to keep this on topic: which would be the absolute most difficult for our intrepid pentasum of players? From the sound of it, the gym leaders of the old days were far stronger than now.

I only started in E15, but I hear early versions of Serra (V9?) and Charlotte were monsters. but even in the last couple versions it seems a lot of things have been toned down a bit, even if it's just some levels

As a player who stopped playing Pokemon back in Black and White, and only recently picked up fangames as a very casual gamer... I just honestly wish the difficulty had not been toned down at all. In fact, it would be nice if Ame eventually added in a hard difficulty setting to bring back those supposedly monstrous leaders.

• Veterans
3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

No. She's arguably even more haxy due to Aurora Veil and the Seeds both increasing evasion, and in turn her crit rate too. More over she doesn't lose her evasion/crit rate if she actually attacks anymore.

• Global Mods
Just now, Azeria said:

No. She's arguably even more haxy due to Aurora Veil and the Seeds both increasing evasion, and in turn her crit rate too. More over she doesn't lose her evasion/crit rate if she actually attacks anymore.

oh. oh boy. I look forward to it when I replay through eventually. the penta-op boys will undoubtedly curse her to hell though. unless they have something like magneton from the power plant with mirror shot

I think the most frustrating thing about Serra for me was how high risk, low reward utilizing physical attackers was.  Evasion is already an incredibly frustrating game mechanic,  combining that with the all in one monster that aurora veil is, the additional benefits of evasion granted by the field, and the recoil damage from missing physical moves (R.I.P. to all the Blazikens whose High Jump Kicks were off by an inch), the field can be unbearable if you're not quick to act and take things out before they set up.  While the field is really easy to break, for someone like me who prefers to battle each gym leader on their own field and take advantage of them, keeping the field isn't by any means rewarding.  You have to have pokemon on your team that fulfill a very specific niche to take advantage of the field, and it leaves you feeling terrible each time when you can't necessarily calculate outcomes because of how often you'll be missing.  But if there are still a couple Ampharos around by that point, I'm sure we'll see the classic electric terrain to overwrite the field, so maybe she won't pose too much of a challenge.

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, robiseljak said:

I think the best way against Serra is destroying her field rather than risk it with Magneton, especially with evasion hax. Destroy her field and crush her dreams. 

but... Flash Cannon is 50% stronger, SE and never misses, and Mirror Shot is 2x power, SE, never misses, always lowers their accuracy, and is usable by anything that you teach Nature Power to.

• Upvote 1

Destroying Serra's field is also a 'meh' option if you're me and actually care about getting her relationship points, because you get a point deducted if you shatter it.

Doubt the penta-op boys would be particularly interested even if they knew the points are a thing, but some of us definitely are, rip.

Destroying her field is always an option (and Arceus knows I've had to do it a lot), but I do prefer fighting leaders on their fields if I can :c It feels more satisfying to beat them on their turf.

Serra took me a few tries on my second run, but Darkest Lariat was a big help.

She's a leader where RNG is a good part of her strategy.

But should a couple Ampharos make it there, then the terrain and Power Gem will help immensely 

Given that they are no where near episode 17 I don't think it matters if they update yet or not I hope the game is done by the time they catch up also I just want to say that without going into spoilers the content will be wild for the pentaop

• Global Mods
Just now, nepeta100 said:

Given that they are no where near episode 17 I don't think it matters if they update yet or not I hope the game is done by the time they catch up also I just want to say that without going into spoilers the content will be wild for the pentaop

Well there's still AI updates, bugfixes, USUM content and rebalances which are all relevant. like X-items being moves way back now that they're +2. 

also QoL stuff like picking up eggs with a full party, and the nature changer change when they get there